PDA

View Full Version : Who will have the better career?

manufor3
08-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Explain your answer.

dirk4mvp
08-22-2009, 05:29 PM
To me it seems like Roy is about as good as he'll get (which is really good) while Durant seems to get better every game.

Spursfan092120
08-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Different positions...different games...DAMNIT STOP WITH ALL THE F***ING POLLS!! ::breathe:: ok...I'm better.

23LeBronJames23
08-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Kevin Durant

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Statistically, they're neck and neck. Roy is better right now but KD still has a lot of room for improvement.

My Fault
08-22-2009, 08:41 PM
KD... Long and a pure shooter. Creates a mismatch with his length and still getting better. Got great work ethic to top it off.

Chieflion
08-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Durant is going to be the next huge thing, assuming him and LeBron do not play in the same conference in the future. He could very well start in every all-star game. We are saying this as Carmelo Anthony will not be on the same level as Durant in the future. Durant could very well lead his team to a championship, maybe 2 in his prime.

Roy, on the other hand is 25 years old and is stuck in the era where there is Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade. By the time Bryant and Wade are out of their primes, Roy would be in the middle of his. If he is lucky, he might sneak one or two championship in his prime if Oden and Aldridge are still on the team.

Both of them are probably not going to win MVPs so if this is the case, I would be glad to take Durant who will have more All-NBA first or second teams. But hey, he gets stuck with LeBron James for at least the next 8 years.

sa_kid20
08-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Hard to say. Durant will probably put up the bigger numbers, but as far as winning goes Brandon Roy is gonna be ahead of KD for a while. The Blazers are the 3rd of 4th best team in the West with Roy being their best player, and the Thunder are still a few years away from even being relevant in the West. KD could always sign with a contender at the end of his contract which could change things plus he's younger than Roy. I guess i would give the edge to Durant since his career has barely taken off and has all the talent in the world to become something special. Roy is gonna have the big game experience and swagger that Durant won't have for now, but that's gonna change down the line when KD plays on a contender.

KSeal
08-22-2009, 09:18 PM
The OP is stealing polls from RealGM, lol. I think Durant because he's so young and already so good and can get so much better. He also has no history of injury problems like Roy does. I'm just glad KP was stupid enough to pass on Durant, these two on the same team, ugh, that would have been scary.

Rip-Hamilton32
08-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Durant will win MVPs

JamStone
08-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Rodney Stuckey

/poll trolling

Findog
08-22-2009, 09:55 PM
1 vote so far for Roy. He'll finish with 2 once tlong sees this thread.

DPG21920
08-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Define better career. Does this mean who will have more team success? More awards? Both? Who will be the best player regardless of titles?

23LeBronJames23
08-23-2009, 12:23 AM
1 vote so far for Roy. He'll finish with 2 once tlong sees this thread.

:lmao good 1

redzero
08-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Roy. He has better teammates, but Durant is the better player.

08-23-2009, 04:02 AM
roy would be a very good second option kind of like ray allen and garnett but only an above average first option. durant is without a doubt a first option and can only get better. he will probably lead the league in scoring within the next few years if not next year.

eisfeld
08-23-2009, 04:17 AM
Durant has room too improve and can very well be a franchise player like Duncan, Kobe, Shaq or LeBron. Roy is not quite a franchise player yet. He is ridiculously good but when the time comes Durant will be the better player and will have more success than Roy.

mystargtr34
08-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Brandon Roy, becauase he makes his team mates better. Kevin Durant will have better stats though.

benefactor
08-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Durant...and anyone who watches basketball doesn't need an explanation.

exstatic
08-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Durant. Roy is arguably better now, but he has that Ginobili "throw your body around" gene that is going to lead to more time on the shelf as he ages.

I think KD will eventually reach a KG talent and production level. If his attitude is more aggressive, he could rack up multiple championships as "the man".

Culburn369
08-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Did anyone forget that the Thunder have an unprotected PHX Suns first round draft pick?

Kerr & Sarver tried, but, Nash's agent kept reminding them.

Red Hawk #21
08-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Sons Durant will average 30 and 10 one day

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Kerr & Sarver tried, but, Nash's agent kept reminding them.

This is one of the best posts of all time.

Hornets1
08-23-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm going to give Durant the edge based on the fact that he has a higher ceiling. Roy will have the slighty more rounded game though. Durant can score with the best of them, and will prolly win a few scoring titles before all is said and done.

My Fault
08-23-2009, 02:43 PM
KD. He has potiential to get better than those crazy numbers he put up last year as a second year player. Plus he has one of the better GMs in basketball who will make that team a playoff contender this year and a championship contender soon, if their cards fall the right way.

Did anyone forget that the Thunder have an unprotected PHX Suns first round draft pick? That means the Thunder could have two top 10 picks in next year's draft, making an already very good young team only better.
+1 didn't mention this in my post but SP is a damn good GM who can and will surround Durant with the right talent.

TDMVPDPOY
08-23-2009, 02:52 PM
are you the same wanker who started/took this thread idea from REALGM?

both players are on teams with different situations atm, where both players have different roles to fulfill...

i take roy now...if durant gets a good team...then future...

but overall career? i think roy...