PDA

View Full Version : Lakers - Kings game

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Why do the announcers feel the need to make all these damn excuses for Kobe and how much impact he had on the current situation in LA?

Fuck, the man is a screw up at life. He screwed up in Colorado, and he screwed up in the Laker front office (err, "consulting" with Cupcheck).

He's a loser, quit making excuses.

:pctoss

missmyzte
04-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Why does it upset you so much? Are you an insider that you're privy to all that goes on? Sometimes, I swear, Spurs fans are obsessed with the Lakers.

Guru of Nothing
04-10-2005, 03:09 PM
There is a non-Spurs NBA forum here at SpursTalk.com.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Myzte,

I just want to enjoy some basketball without people trying to make excuses. I don't care who it's for, but the last two minutes of the first quarter and the first three minutes of the second half have been Al Michaels and Hubie Brown reading a press release from Kobe's PR people.

"People are being hard on him because of the big picture, and ignoring what he does on the floor. People feel he had something to do with Shaq leaving (no shit!), which isn't the case (bullshit). People feel he had something to do with Phil leaving (duh). He's playing hurt (boo fucking hoo). Some of his teammates have been hurt (boo fucking hoo part 2)."

One it's pathetic that two announcers on a national telecast would feel the need to come up with everything from the tides to a solar eclipse to explain away LA's problems this year.

Two, it's insulting to everyone who beat them this year, give some teams credit for once.

missmyzte
04-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Hubie Brown has a lot of respect from a lot of people, he's not one to just say something because he's trying to get Kobe to like him. I appreciate that he's not buying into ESPN's BS. If you don't like it, mute the TV. That's what I do everytime I hear the media talking about what a great teammate KG is because we all know that is crap.

CosmicCowboy
04-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Damn...the Lakers really suck.

I wanted them to sack up and beat the Kings so they would slide to the 7 seed.

Fuckers can't even play a decent spoiler game...:lol

Oh well...Kings still have to play Phoenix twice more...

missmyzte
04-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Dang, we just beat Seattle by 23 points IN Seattle and you want them to win two games in a row? That's asking a lot. ;)

slayermin
04-10-2005, 04:42 PM
I don't think it's a given that the Lakers make the playoffs next year unless Kupchak pulls a Jerry West this upcoming offseason.

Then Kobe will find out how it feels to have his own city turn on him.

3rdCoast
04-10-2005, 04:45 PM
The Lakers suck. They were eliminated from the play off picture the second that the Shaq trade to Miami was finalized.

baseline bum
04-10-2005, 06:58 PM
The nut-riding Kobe gets on Laker boards and from Laker fans on the internet is in no way indicative of how he's thought of here in LA. He's already hated by a ton of Lakers fans. I put it at about 50/50 of Lakers fans who like Kobe and Lakers fans who hate his ass and blame him for running Shaq out of town.