PDA

View Full Version : Bad news everywhere

Crookshanks
08-23-2009, 11:08 PM
These are some of the headlines on the drudge report. Must suck to be Obama now... there's bad news everywhere.

Afghan conflict serious, 'deteriorating'-Mullen

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 27% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -14.

Pushing a health-care reform package through Congress without significant Republican support would be "a real mistake" for President Barack Obama, Sen. Joseph Lieberman warned Sunday.

Millions face shrinking Social Security payments

WASHINGTON — As President Obama tries to turn around a summer of setbacks, he finds himself still without most of his own team. Seven months into his presidency, fewer than half of his top appointees are in place advancing his agenda.

The risk of a double-dip recession is rising

2010 SENATE CAMPAIGN: Polls show potential GOP challengers would beat Harry Reid

=======================
2010 can't get here fast enough!

Shastafarian
08-23-2009, 11:12 PM
"Drudge" and "News". Funny stuff. Why don't you try for a little more unbiased "news"?

ChumpDumper
08-23-2009, 11:21 PM
:lol

It was all sweetness and light under Bush. Drudge said so.

SonOfAGun
08-23-2009, 11:25 PM
2 posts until Bush card used.

Impressive! A new record!

ChumpDumper
08-23-2009, 11:26 PM
There was no Drudge Report under Reagan.

It's a different way of saying Drudge is a little biased.

ChumpDumper
08-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Now we can count the number of posts until someone cites liberal media bias.

SpurNation
08-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Now we can count the number of posts until someone cites liberal media bias.

:lol One...

Def Rowe
08-24-2009, 03:31 AM
2 posts until Bush card used.

Impressive! A new record!

I personally think former President Bush is a card IMHO.

boutons_deux
08-24-2009, 04:39 AM
dubya was and is as dumb as a playing card, and was a played card, played by the Repug string-pullers and power-brokers. dubya still doesn't know WTF he wrought as ignorant front-man.

Crooky is one of these "religious" dumbfucks who believe any old "religious", scare-mongering, hate-filled fairy tales/superstitions her huckster/prosperity pastor tells her to get her to give him More Money.

Once she has bought in that "religious" fantasy world, she's amenable to, controllable by, the lies and fantasies her Repug thought-meisters feed her.

DarrinS
08-24-2009, 07:59 AM
"Drudge" and "News". Funny stuff. Why don't you try for a little more unbiased "news"?

There's a link to the Drudge report on HuffingtonPost.com. It's listed under "News Sources".

Shastafarian
08-24-2009, 08:36 AM
There's a link to the Drudge report on HuffingtonPost.com. It's listed under "News Sources".

Good for them.

LnGrrrR
08-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Here's hoping Harry Reid gets knocked out. For being a former boxer, he sure runs away from alot of fights.

TeyshaBlue
08-24-2009, 09:38 AM
There was no Drudge Report under Reagan.

It's a different way of saying Drudge is a little biased.

ROFL. You realize Drudge was 15 years old when Regan took office, right?
I'll bet you were all over the fuckin' net in the 80's. Oh wait. Most of us had no idea there was a net in the 80's.
Good Lord.:rollin:rollin:rollin

clambake
08-24-2009, 09:45 AM
sarcasm had a negative impact.

TeyshaBlue
08-24-2009, 09:46 AM
sarcasm had a negative impact.

Did I just pwn myself?

Again?:depressed

Crookshanks
08-24-2009, 10:26 AM
You can say Drudge is biased, but he's just a clearing house for news. Everyone of those clips I used were from a different news source.

And boutons - you are so full of shit! I don't use that kind of language, but you've gone over the top this time. I don't go to a prosperity type of church and I'm not a brainwashed religious fanatic. Shows how much you know about true evangelical christianity. I'm so sick of your mean, vile and hateful posts. You are a sorry excuse for a human being and a waste of oxygen.

And I'm not subjecting myself to your crap any longer - nothing you post is of any value or has any kind of positive message - so you are now on ignore.

clambake
08-24-2009, 10:30 AM
You can say Drudge is biased, but he's just a clearing house for news. Everyone of those clips I used were from a different news source.

And boutons - you are so full of shit! I don't use that kind of language, but you've gone over the top this time. I don't go to a prosperity type of church and I'm not a brainwashed religious fanatic. Shows how much you know about true evangelical christianity. I'm so sick of your mean, vile and hateful posts. You are a sorry excuse for a human being and a waste of oxygen.

And I'm not subjecting myself to your crap any longer - nothing you post is of any value or has any kind of positive message - so you are now on ignore.

:lmao @ skank.

boutons_deux
08-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Damn, Crooky, my audience ratings just took a big hit, and GFY on the way out. :lol

doobs
08-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Drudge is not a newspaper. It just links to actual newspapers.

Gino
08-24-2009, 11:43 AM

:owned.

Shastafarian
08-24-2009, 11:44 AM
:owned.

I see my post went over the heads of at least 2 people.

And even though it's irrelevant to my post here are a couple other sites listed under "News" at HuffPo:

Al Jazeera (http://english.aljazeera.net/)
CelebStoner (http://www.celebstoner.com/)

You and DarrinS still wanna talk about what HuffPo considers "News"? Or you wanna actually respond to the fact that Drudge is one of the more biased "news" sources out there?

SonOfAGun
08-24-2009, 12:12 PM
It fills a void of the often "overlooked" news the true un-biased news agencies somehow miss...on a consistent basis.

ChumpDumper
08-24-2009, 01:07 PM
ROFL. You realize Drudge was 15 years old when Regan took office, right?Right, so there was no Drudge Report under Reagan.

johnsmith
08-24-2009, 01:14 PM
Damn, Crooky, my audience ratings just took a big hit, and GFY on the way out. :lol

You're such a PussyEater.:lol

jman3000
08-24-2009, 03:38 PM
It fills a void of the often "overlooked" news the true un-biased news agencies somehow miss...on a consistent basis.

Huh? The stories themselves are from the "true unbiased news agencies" you're trying to mock. Matt just picks and chooses the ones that make his side look good and the other side look bad then puts some huge ass 74 point font drama queen slogan on top.

Only an idiot would want to use that site as their sole source of news links, but I know of many who do.

Wild Cobra
08-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Huh? The stories themselves are from the "true unbiased news agencies" you're trying to mock. Matt just picks and chooses the ones that make his side look good and the other side look bad then puts some huge ass 74 point font drama queen slogan on top.

Only an idiot would want to use that site as their sole source of news links, but I know of many who do.
You're right in the fact that most of the news he links is tilted to the right. That's only because he tries to link accurate news. Not propaganda. Unless he's changed his format. I haven't gone there for some time, so maybe things have changed.

LnGrrrR
08-24-2009, 05:16 PM
WC, I love your idea that all right-wing slanted news is 'fair', and all left-wing news is 'biased'. :)

Wild Cobra
08-24-2009, 05:31 PM
WC, I love your idea that all right-wing slanted news is 'fair', and all left-wing news is 'biased'. :)
I never said "all" did I? If so, I'm sorry.

My point is that there is more unspun news from the right than from the left. They both have it, but you can almost always find inaccuracies in left leaning news. There is more right leaning news that is fair than from the left. The left is so screwed up, the right doesn't have to lie about them!

Crookshanks
08-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Well - since Drudge doesn't make up the news on his site, what's the problem? He links to lots of different stories and you can get to just about every major news source from his site - so you can choose what you want to read. And since it's HIS site - he can post whatever stories he thinks are the most important. That's where I first found out that Michael Jackson had died.

And I guess LOTS of people use the drudge report for their news source...

VISITS TO DRUDGE 8/21/09

024,236,892 IN PAST 24 HOURS
691,064,546 IN PAST 31 DAYS
8,228,798,102 IN PAST YEAR

ChumpDumper
08-24-2009, 05:42 PM
And since it's HIS site - he can post whatever stories he thinks are the most important.So they are listed according to his bias.

OK.

Crookshanks
08-24-2009, 05:53 PM
So they are listed according to his bias.

OK.
OK. Great - then we agree. I like the Drudge report because I can find articles on a variety of topics all in one place. If you don't like the site - nobody is forcing you to look at it.

clambake
08-24-2009, 05:55 PM
nobody has to force you, right?

ChumpDumper
08-24-2009, 05:58 PM
OK. Great - then we agree. I like the Drudge report because I can find articles on a variety of topics all in one place.....that are listed according to a person with a right wing bias.

Crookshanks
08-24-2009, 06:04 PM
....that are listed according to a person with a right wing bias.

Which - since I'm a staunch conservative, is completely fine with me. So I still don't see the problem. You don't like it - don't visit drudgereport.com. He still links to actual articles from papers all over the world - liberal and conservative.

ChumpDumper
08-24-2009, 06:16 PM
He links what he wants to -- so if he wants to link only stories that are negative about Obama, it is not threadworthy,

Crookshanks
08-24-2009, 07:40 PM
He links what he wants to -- so if he wants to link only stories that are negative about Obama, it is not threadworthy, :lmao

so you say - but then you don't speak for everyone

FuzzyLumpkins
08-24-2009, 11:11 PM
These are some of the headlines on the drudge report. Must suck to be Obama now... there's bad news everywhere.

Afghan conflict serious, 'deteriorating'-Mullen

Completely and totally fucking out of context. The quote was concerning disputes in how the election was held between Karzai and the opposition. Absofuckinglutely nothing to do with the Taliban.

There were absolutely no attacks during and even now after the elections. The opposition is calling fraud but to the best of my knowledge, the UN had approved how the elections had been carried out.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 27% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -14.

Rasmussen is a dirty piece of shit. This is the same pollster that had McCain up consistently in the months leading up to the election. You go to Gallup and it shows a completely different view. The use of the word strongly in the question is so blatantly weighted anyone with a high school education should be able to figure out.

Pushing a health-care reform package through Congress without significant Republican support would be "a real mistake" for President Barack Obama, Sen. Joseph Lieberman warned Sunday.

Oh noes!!!

Millions face shrinking Social Security payments.

In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue. Social security started going very very short around the time we got out first trillion dollar deficiets. Now who was that president?

WASHINGTON — As President Obama tries to turn around a summer of setbacks, he finds himself still without most of his own team. Seven months into his presidency, fewer than half of his top appointees are in place advancing his agenda.

Huh? Compared to what? Is he supposed to produce a drug czar or every other political appointee like other administrations? One of his big campaign promises was to reduce that type of beauracracy. Here's a hint to this douchebag. Hes not making all of these supposed appointments.

The risk of a double-dip recession is rising

No shit. In order for the recession to double dip then you first have to get out of it then it can go back down. Thats a good thing.

2010 SENATE CAMPAIGN: Polls show potential GOP challengers would beat Harry Reid

I'll bet $5 this poll isn't from Gallup.

Nbadan
08-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Rasmussen is a dirty piece of shit. This is the same pollster that had McCain up consistently in the months leading up to the election. You go to Gallup and it shows a completely different view. The use of the word strongly in the question is so blatantly weighted anyone with a high school education should be able to figure out.

No doubt, Rasmussen is consistent in only one thing - being wrong....but then again Conservatives are consistently wrong too, so it's a match made in hell...

LnGrrrR
08-25-2009, 07:31 AM
I never said "all" did I? If so, I'm sorry.

My point is that there is more unspun news from the right than from the left. They both have it, but you can almost always find inaccuracies in left leaning news. There is more right leaning news that is fair than from the left. The left is so screwed up, the right doesn't have to lie about them!

Thanks for the correction :D

SonOfAGun
08-25-2009, 10:50 AM
President coward Obama releases all this "bad news", aka the obvious, after he goes on vacation.

The dude will not take arrows.

SnakeBoy
08-25-2009, 12:27 PM

You were saying.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/images/presidential_tracking_poll_line_graph/196811-1-eng-US/presidential_tracking_poll_line_graph.jpg

ChumpDumper
08-25-2009, 12:29 PM
President coward Obama releases all this "bad news", aka the obvious, after he goes on vacation.

The dude will not take arrows.:lmao

All he has done since entering office -- hell, before that -- is take arrows.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-25-2009, 04:20 PM
You were saying.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/images/presidential_tracking_poll_line_graph/196811-1-eng-US/presidential_tracking_poll_line_graph.jpg

Look at those September poll numbers in your sig dipshit. That and the two months before that. It was never that close even after the RNC.

SonOfAGun
08-25-2009, 06:54 PM
:lmao

All he has done since entering office -- hell, before that -- is take arrows.

Um...he inherited those arrows. He has made that CLEAR.

:lmao

SnakeBoy
08-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Look at those September poll numbers in your sig dipshit. That and the two months before that. It was never that close even after the RNC.

That's not my sig dumbass. How about you share the "good" polls that showed it was never close in september. You seem pretty dense so I'll help you out with finding the gallup poll.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/107674/gallup-daily-election-2008.aspx

Hey looks like they had McCain taking the lead in early September too. Do you remember what happened at the beginning of Sept. that gave McCain the bump? Do you remember what happened at the end of Sept. that caused his support to plummet and never recover?

Nbadan
08-26-2009, 12:12 AM
There is nobody in the pike for the GOP for 2012, hell, I'm laying money they lose even more seats in Congress in 2010...

Wild Cobra
08-26-2009, 12:19 AM
There is nobody in the pike for the GOP for 2012, hell, I'm laying money they lose even more seats in Congress in 2010...
It's looking like the republicans can take back allot of seats right now. Democrats are really blowing their majority in congress.

SnakeBoy
08-26-2009, 01:07 AM
It's looking like the republicans can take back allot of seats right now. Democrats are really blowing their majority in congress.

No way, haven't you heard the republican party is dead. We'll be a one party system from now on.

Crookshanks
08-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Spector is in trouble, Harry Reid is in trouble, Ted Kennedy is dead, and Robert Byrd probably isn't far behind. Hey - things are looking better.

LnGrrrR
08-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Spector is in trouble, Harry Reid is in trouble, Ted Kennedy is dead, and Robert Byrd probably isn't far behind. Hey - things are looking better.

Is Spector in trouble from the right side? I know he's going to be challenged from the left. Wouldn't be surprised if Reid was either.

Crookshanks
08-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Is Spector in trouble from the right side? I know he's going to be challenged from the left. Wouldn't be surprised if Reid was either.

Right now polls in Pennsylvania show Pat Toomy - the Republican - ahead by double digits. Toomy was the man who challenged Spector in the primary the last time he was up for re-election. But the RNC threw their support behind Spector because they didn't think Toomy could beat the Democrat candidate. Wonder how they all feel now?

As for Harry Reid - recent polls show either of the two Republican challengers would beat him pretty handily. I hope he goes down just like Tom Daschle.

LnGrrrR
08-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Right now polls in Pennsylvania show Pat Toomy - the Republican - ahead by double digits. Toomy was the man who challenged Spector in the primary the last time he was up for re-election. But the RNC threw their support behind Spector because they didn't think Toomy could beat the Democrat candidate. Wonder how they all feel now?

As for Harry Reid - recent polls show either of the two Republican challengers would beat him pretty handily. I hope he goes down just like Tom Daschle.

I think that support for Spector and Reid is low because not only do righties not like them, but many hard-lefties/progressives are pulling their support for them as well, leading to their cratering of support.

In fact, the front page right now for DKos show this article...

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/8/14/766607/-PA-Sen:-Sestak-makes-serious-gains

It also shows Toomey/Sestak pretty much tied, but the R2000 poll usually leans +2/3 to the left, and there's lots of time left anyways.

Don't see any primary challengers to Reid. Here's an article about Sandoval possibly running...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/8/14/767066/-BreakingPossible-GOP-challenger-to-Senator-Reid

As you can see, not many people on DKos seem heartbroken about Reid getting voted out. Reid's favorables per the weekly R2000 poll here

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/6/26/747079/-Weekly-Tracking-Poll:-GOP-Bouncing-Off-Floor,-Will-Sanford-Spoil-The-Rebirth

Favorable: 32 (33)
Unfavorable: 55 (53)
Net Change: -3

LnGrrrR
08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Oh, and yet another example of Specter's general cowardice...

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/07/since-primary-challenge-specter-voting.html