PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Help

TheSanityAnnex
08-24-2009, 07:35 PM
My shit HP laptop crashed meaning I lost all my music production software, Ableton Live and Propellerhead Reason.

I just got a new Mac today and am having trouble finding any torrents for Ableton Live and Propellerhead Reason that will work on a Mac OS. Anyone know where to find these torrents?

Thanks in advance.

Dex
08-24-2009, 08:12 PM
http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=ableton+mac

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=reason+mac

Might find some options there.

TheSanityAnnex
08-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks, but I tried isohunt already, not much luck.
For some reason, I'll click those links, and I can't download anything. They are nonresponsive. Same thing happened when I tried to get winrar, and it only seems to happen on isohunt. Any ideas?

PM5K
08-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Works fine for me, Reason at 250 kB/s....

TheSanityAnnex
08-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Strange. I can't any link from isohunt to work.

Dex
08-24-2009, 11:42 PM
You need to have a torrent client such as Azureus/Vuze to download torrents. Otherwise the torrent files won't do you much good. Do you have one of those?

leemajors
08-24-2009, 11:48 PM
uTorrent is out for macosx. winrar is windows only i believe.

TheSanityAnnex
08-25-2009, 12:48 AM
You need to have a torrent client such as Azureus/Vuze to download torrents. Otherwise the torrent files won't do you much good. Do you have one of those?I've used Opera for quite a while, can't figure out why isohunt seems to be the only torrent site not working.

TheSanityAnnex
08-25-2009, 12:48 AM
uTorrent is out for macosx. winrar is windows only i believe.I'll definitely check that out.

TDMVPDPOY
08-25-2009, 02:10 AM
hey dude whats wrong with the hdd?

have you tried pulling out the hdd and putting it in another laptop but booting from the new hdd? copy and save what was on the HP lappy to new lappy/hdd

Viva Las Espuelas
08-25-2009, 11:36 AM
My shit HP laptop crashed meaning I lost all my music production software, Ableton Live and Propellerhead Reason.

I just got a new Mac today and am having trouble finding any torrents for Ableton Live and Propellerhead Reason that will work on a Mac OS. Anyone know where to find these torrents?

Thanks in advance.
what kinda stuff do you record? i use both those programs as well as pro tools.

leemajors
08-25-2009, 11:47 AM
you can also get a copy of parallels or vmware to run windows within macosx and use those programs.

koriwhat
08-25-2009, 12:58 PM
you can also get a copy of parallels or vmware to run windows within macosx and use those programs.

fuck reason and abelton(sp?). get logic and pro-tools! fuck virtual machines and putting anything MSwindows on your mac!

leemajors
08-25-2009, 01:34 PM
fuck reason and abelton(sp?). get logic and pro-tools! fuck virtual machines and putting anything MSwindows on your mac!

umm, whatever dude. if he's comfortable using those there's no reason to not continue doing so. we get it, you would die for apple, etc, so forth and so on.

koriwhat
08-25-2009, 01:56 PM
umm, whatever dude. if he's comfortable using those there's no reason to not continue doing so. we get it, you would die for apple, etc, so forth and so on.

i wouldn't die for apple... haha i'd rather be using linux but seeing as there's no real comparable program to photoshop i went with mac over a windows based pc.

as far as the apps he uses... i have no clue when it comes to audio production and i won't lie about it, however, i do have a friend out in LA that swears by both logic and protools and his audio production simply kicks ass! he mainly uses protools for everything.

btw, complacency will get you nowhere quick! and seeing as he chose to go to the osx route he might as well try his hands on some native apps to osx. i'll use your example and twist it around for everyone graphic oriented... "hey why change from fireworks when you already know the app?", because fireworks fuckin' blows balls, is outdated, out of production and is a worthless pile of shit in today's graphic design field; adobe realized that and so did the rest of the field itself.

leemajors
08-25-2009, 02:47 PM
neither logic nor protools are "native." Native apps would be iChat, Mail, Safari... Apple does make Logic though.

koriwhat
08-25-2009, 02:52 PM
neither logic nor protools are "native." Native apps would be iChat, Mail, Safari... Apple does make Logic though.

well in symantics... ok apps that you can install without using a virtual machine and winOS and or dual booting with winOS/bootcamp. better?

manufan10
08-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Make sure when you download things, like a torrent, it ends with .dmg the .exe file won't work on a Mac.

TheSanityAnnex
08-25-2009, 08:42 PM
what kinda stuff do you record? i use both those programs as well as pro tools.

I mess around making quite a bit of dub, dubstep, glitch, hiphop....

I'm working/interning/studying at a studio, learning mostly engineering, kind of a fall back seeing how hard it is to make money in production. I'm very familiar with pro tools from the studio but haven't gotten my hands on it because it's bank and I can't find a free version at all.

TheSanityAnnex
08-25-2009, 08:45 PM

I purchased parallels, just haven't loaded it yet. Now if I am able to recover and transfer all my files, do you think I'll be able to reload and run ableton/reason if I got them originally from a torrent? I'm really hoping so because I have hours and hours of projects I'm hoping to recover.

koriwhat
08-25-2009, 08:49 PM
I mess around making quite a bit of dub, dubstep, glitch, hiphop....

I'm working/interning/studying at a studio, learning mostly engineering, kind of a fall back seeing how hard it is to make money in production. I'm very familiar with pro tools from the studio but haven't gotten my hands on it because it's bank and I can't find a free version at all.

there's a free LE version of protools on their site i believe or you can just piratebay it.

TheSanityAnnex
08-25-2009, 08:51 PM

Ableton has an amazing system developed for creating loops and creating on the fly, Reason has amazing synths and instrument packs. In my experience, pro tools is best suited for live recordings in studio and post production editing, neither of what I do. I'm creating using my midi keyboard, my drum pads, my turntables, and my sampler, all of which run perfectly with my programs. But you're right, fuck them.

koriwhat
08-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Ableton has an amazing system developed for creating loops and creating on the fly, Reason has amazing synths and instrument packs. In my experience, pro tools is best suited for live recordings in studio and post production editing, neither of what I do. I'm creating using my midi keyboard, my drum pads, my turntables, and my sampler, all of which run perfectly with my programs. But you're right, fuck them.

haha.

i have another buddy who lives here in SA who does what you do and he swears by logic. maybe try that out?

then my buddy in LA does live recording and swears by protools.

TheSanityAnnex
08-25-2009, 09:11 PM
there's a free LE version of protools on their site i believe or you can just piratebay it.

I've got an mbox on the way which comes with some type of version of protools, guessing it's not a full version. And I've looked all around for a full version of pro tools but they seem to have that shit on lock.

In regards to your friend and logic, it's all what you are comfortable with, and I started on ableton and still have plenty to learn about that program and all it's capabilities, no need to add another program to learn at this time.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-25-2009, 10:33 PM
I've got an mbox on the way which comes with some type of version of protools, guessing it's not a full version. And I've looked all around for a full version of pro tools but they seem to have that shit on lock.

In regards to your friend and logic, it's all what you are comfortable with, and I started on ableton and still have plenty to learn about that program and all it's capabilities, no need to add another program to learn at this time. oh yeah. if you're getting an mbox youre getting the full version. PT8, but i don't know for sure being that m-audio took over the LE versions and digidesign is now over the HD versions. i'm not quite sure what's happening with the m-powered versions. i hope they don't "dumb down" the LE series. digidesign are bitches. i was getting into pro tools, but live has a way better workflow to it. if you're new to the whole recording thing then good luck and i hope you have a lot of patience to work with protools. plus i hope you have a rockin' computer to process all that data. live doesn't need hardly as much as protools does.