PDA

View Full Version : Spurstalk fantasy twist draft

Chieflion
08-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Well, it is different from the previous draft, cause we did not know what we were doing with our teams literally so some teams struggled while some teams with ballhogs won every round. LOL 2k9. So some of us have decided we wanted something fairer. (Sorry Phila) So here we go.

There will be 16 teams, that was the turnout. Playoff brackets, winner take all. No future whatever. More research, more writeups. Do what you can. Health does not matter. Player characteristics do. Player personalities, what they do on the court and off the court does matter. So try to draft someone who is at least sane and not gone Stephon Marbury.

I need people to be a judge, if they are unable to participate in the draft. So please sign up. Lets be fair. If there are not enough judges or something, then it would be up to GMs voting, but lets not go there.

Judges list

1. hsxvvd
2. Muser

Contestant West list

1. mudyez (Spurs)
2.ploshyjoshy (Blazers)

Contestants East list
1. Viva Popovich (Pacers)
2. spurswench (Bobcats)

Twist draft participants/judges rules
1. Be punctual for drafts, don't be late. If you know you cannot make it, please do not participate or pull out from the draft beforehand by posting in this thread. Drafts will be in the chat room. Those who are unable to appear in the chat room due to online problems may PM the judge in the chat room.

2. Trash talking is allowed. Of course don't go overboard and insult the opposing team's players.

3. Once your team is finalised, please post your writeup on the thread. Player images are preferred over plain words. Writeup length of a minimum of 300.

4. Trading for future picks are allowed. If both sides agree to a trade, then post in in the thread so everyone can see it. Drafting is in snaking order.

Twist draft structural rules

1. 1st round will be the draft of franchise players, I do not care if you draft Stephon Marbury as your franchise player, any player is possible.

2. 2nd round-12th round will be a draft by the year the player signed up for the draft. Even undrafted players can be signed. For example, Marcus Haislip is a prospect from the 2002 draft, you can draft him in the 2002-2008 round, but not the 2001 and below rounds. The 2nd round will be the 1998 draft class round and so on until the 2008 draft class round, which is the 12th round. So, if your team looks sucky from the start, don't worry, this is like a match of wits and requires tonnes of research. You will have your shot at the future rounds.

3. There will be no 2009 draftees involved as Blake Griffin may turn out to be the next Tim Duncan or the next Michael Olawokandi. For Dejuan Blair lovers, I am really sorry.

4. To be fair, all teams will play on a neutral court and seedings will be based on a first come first serve basis.

5. Finally, enjoy yourself, isn't this the fun of a fantasy draft? If I missed out something or you have any suggestions, please post on the thread as well. It is best to keep it fair so that it would be fun.

Thank you for participating.

VivaPopovich
08-24-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm confused. But count me in.

Hopefully you can get ST-superstars Kori and Duncan as judges.

Chieflion
08-24-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm confused. But count me in.

Hopefully you can get ST-superstars Kori and Duncan as judges.
Hopefully. But they have to come apply first. So the rules are not clear enough. I stole this idea from somewhere. I will get the original rules and post it.

Chieflion
08-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Each participant had a team and was able to protect one franchise player to begin their team with. For instance: if you picked Cleveland you would protect Eric Snow (kidding). Now, i'm not sure how thrilled with this idea I am since it gives some teams (Cleveland, LA, San Antonio) huge advantages to begin with, but we can discuss this.

From there the draft began, the "twist" is that you can only draft people taken in the year we are drafting or earlier. Since we need 15 man rosters, I would suggest going back to 93-94 for our first draft. Using RNGs, we determined each year's draft order, but each person could only have a finite number of #1 and #2 picks. Trades were allowed, but had to be approved and could not be finalized until all pieces of the trade had been drafted. (in other words, you couldn't trade your first pick in the 96 draft for someone's 1st pick in the 00 draft until both pieces had already been picked).

the idea was to have the 8 teams in a conference have a bracket-style tournament with the other conference voting on their match-ups. What I'd like to do this time is, as Gremz mentioned, have a judging panel of some sort. I wouldn't mind having an open voting process for all RGM posters, but if I were you guys, I'd prefer to have a few good members judging. The problem may simply be participation in that instance though and trying to find 3 judges (2+ me I guess) who will commit to doing it as well as 16 active participants.

Like I said, I'm not sure I have time to go through the trade negotiations and draft portion of a game GM a Team to conclude though as a lot of your most active posters have a lot of balls in the air right now.

I decided to change it a little so we would draft our franchise players.

mudyez
08-25-2009, 01:07 AM
count me in!...if possible as the Spurs

mudyez
08-25-2009, 01:16 AM
three quesions:

1) are we able to draft playes from former draft classes, if tey where not taken? (not sure if you meant that with "undrafted")

2) if not, are we able to draft players from former draftclasses at least in our first draft (there should be some like theo ratliff I believe)

3) dont understand wha you mean with "seedings will be based on a first come first serve basis"...which seedings and who is coming earlier than others?

Chieflion
08-25-2009, 01:23 AM
three quesions:

1) are we able to draft playes from former draft classes, if tey where not taken? (not sure if you meant that with "undrafted")

2) if not, are we able to draft players from former draftclasses at least in our first draft (there should be some like theo ratliff I believe)

3) dont understand wha you mean with "seedings will be based on a first come first serve basis"...which seedings and who is coming earlier than others?
1. Yes. You can draft Darko Milicic in 2004 (example).

2. You can draft players like Theo Ratliff if you wish to with any of your draft picks.

3. Ya. Exactly what you mean. It is just to decide the matchups. The drafting order will still be by randomiser.org

hsxvvd
08-25-2009, 02:02 AM
I think this one, would be more fun as a judge.... count me in...

If you don't want me as a judge, (based on my miserable rankings v. 2k9 results last time around), then I'll take the Trailblazers.

Chieflion
08-25-2009, 02:10 AM
I think this one, would be more fun as a judge.... count me in...

If you don't want me as a judge, (based on my miserable rankings v. 2k9 results last time around), then I'll take the Trailblazers.
LOL at miserable. I was worse. Ok. My first judge.

Muser
08-25-2009, 04:11 AM
I'll be a judge :)

Chieflion
08-25-2009, 05:02 AM
I'll be a judge :)
So far so good. I will be relying on you guys a lot.

VivaPopovich
08-25-2009, 03:50 PM
killer turnout. pacers/spurs nba finals lol

StepBack
08-25-2009, 04:10 PM
can spurswench and me be the BOBCATS again?

Chieflion
08-26-2009, 02:09 AM
can spurswench and me be the BOBCATS again?
Um ya. Sure. How come you only have one post? Is this a new account? I am not really sure about this but welcome to the game.

Chieflion
08-26-2009, 02:10 AM
killer turnout. pacers/spurs nba finals lol
You better hope that this will be a good turnout and not be a failure.

mudyez
08-26-2009, 02:15 AM
You better hope that this will be a good turnout and not be a failure.

we proved in the last draft, that we know what we are doing!

1 point combined! :wow

thanks to pop! :(

VivaPopovich
08-26-2009, 02:58 AM
we proved in the last draft, that we know what we are doing!

1 point combined! :wow

thanks to pop! :(

i couldnt believe it, especially since i heard my team was simming very well after the first 8 rounds

i guess adding non-offensive guys in the last 4 killed me

1 point? lame.

mudyez
08-26-2009, 04:43 AM
i couldnt believe it, especially since i heard my team was simming very well after the first 8 rounds

i guess adding non-offensive guys in the last 4 killed me

1 point? lame.

believe me: I said it before the sim...if you are doing the sim a 10000 times, every team will be basically equal...its just like letting Allstar teams playing against each other...so we hit bad luck and that it...its just not working with nba2k if we dont have 30 teams

ploshyjoshy
08-26-2009, 05:49 AM
I'm in, but since i'm an Australian, i highly doubt i'll be able to compete in the draft properly, so if i can join someone else's team, that would be good.

Failing that, i'm happy to be a judge

VivaPopovich
08-26-2009, 06:04 AM
believe me: I said it before the sim...if you are doing the sim a 10000 times, every team will be basically equal...its just like letting Allstar teams playing against each other...so we hit bad luck and that it...its just not working with nba2k if we dont have 30 teams

believe me: i got skillz.

Chieflion
08-26-2009, 07:41 AM
I'm in, but since i'm an Australian, i highly doubt i'll be able to compete in the draft properly, so if i can join someone else's team, that would be good.

Failing that, i'm happy to be a judge
Which team do you want? Seems like people are losing interest in this type of thing.

ploshyjoshy
08-27-2009, 01:36 AM
May as well go the Blazers, especially with the Patty Mills connection, and it also balances out the league so far

Chieflion
08-27-2009, 02:59 AM
Thanks for supporting this. It should be fun.

ploshyjoshy
08-27-2009, 03:05 AM
Should be fun if we can get more people.

Can't really see a draft working with 4 people, really need some more

Chieflion
08-27-2009, 03:18 AM
Should be fun if we can get more people.

Can't really see a draft working with 4 people, really need some more
Those old guys who did the previous draft may want to participate in this.

ploshyjoshy
08-27-2009, 05:07 AM
Fair enough.

Although i'm confused with the franchise player thing? does that mean that one of my players has to be a Blazer. Because if they do, i'd rather go with the Lakers (as much as i dislike them)

Chieflion
08-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Fair enough.

Although i'm confused with the franchise player thing? does that mean that one of my players has to be a Blazer. Because if they do, i'd rather go with the Lakers (as much as i dislike them)
No. You draft your franchise player in the first round. Sorry for the misunderstanding. This would be fairer, otherwise everyone will want the Lakers or Cavs.

ploshyjoshy
08-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Awesome, i'll stay blazers.

Can't wait for this to start.

Chieflion
08-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Pitiful attempt at organising draft thread needs a little push.

mudyez
08-28-2009, 08:00 AM
hm, thats really sad...such adraft needs do have at least 16 teams, but it doenst seem, that we will find enough participants

Chieflion
08-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Lets hope someone actually sees this thread.

ploshyjoshy
08-29-2009, 01:00 AM
Bump because this thing is a good idea and needs more people

Chieflion
08-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks a lot. I hope people actually join cause it is going to be fun.

mudyez
08-29-2009, 03:01 AM
4 in 12 to go

...is this officially dead?

Chieflion
08-29-2009, 03:02 AM
4 in 12 to go

...is this officially dead?
How would I know? I guess people are confused that this was the old one. Shit. I better create some trolls to fill in the numbers.

VivaPopovich
08-29-2009, 09:07 AM
don't worry about it. there's always fantasy basketball

hsxvvd
08-30-2009, 12:35 AM
We might need to hold off, and perhaps do this twist draft for a real fantasy league when the time comes.

VivaPopovich
08-30-2009, 07:57 PM
I guess everyone is worn out with the drafts.

Don't blame them, drafting was exhausting.