PDA

View Full Version : A 100mph test drive????

lebomb
08-25-2009, 07:12 AM
http://www.wlky.com/cnn-news/20523273/detail.html

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A Louisville man is facing charges after a fatal crash that happened while he was test driving a car from an auto dealership.

The crash happened Sunday afternoon near the intersection of Fern Valley Road and Fern Valley Way.

Investigators said Bryan Lee, 30, was driving a 2009 Dodge Challenger when he hit a Mercury Sable that was leaving an apartment complex.

The victims have been identified as Toya Buckner-Dioum, 40, and Sherman King Sr., 63.

King was Buckner-Dioum's stepfather. Both were wearing their seat belts.

"I know my grandfather and my mom, they looking down on us, knowing we're going to get through it," said Shatova Buckner, who lost her mother and step-grandfather in what officials are calling a senseless accident.

"There is no sense for this," said Sgt. Todd Shaw of Metro Police. "This is not a drunk driving case. This was a case where you're driving too fast because you wanted to purchase a nice, fancy car that drives fast and what have you done? You've killed two people."

As Buckner-Dioum pulled from her apartment complex onto Fern Valley Road with King in the passenger seat, police said Lee was on his way back to Commonwealth Dodge, driving at speeds of 100 mph.

"The vehicle itself, the 2009 Challenger, has an onboard computer crash data retrieval system that tells us five seconds before the crash, four seconds before the crash, three seconds before the crash, two seconds before the crash, one second before the crash -- tells us exactly what the speed of that vehicle was," Shaw said. "One second before the collision, the box is telling us it was going 101 miles an hour."

"It's ridiculous, ridiculous test driving a car like that," Buckner said. "It's obvious they were playing."

Police said Lee's brother was in the passenger seat, and a salesperson was in the back seat.

"We're going to sue Commonwealth Dodge and anyone else we can sue," Buckner said. "And I think the sales rep should lose his job."

Police said two people were killed after a crash involving a car being test-driven.

Judge Janice Martin chastised Lee during his arraignment Monday.

"Sir, this is the most egregious thing that I think I have seen in my 16 years on the bench, that somebody would test drive a vehicle and drive at a rate of 100 miles an hour, endangering the lives of not only yourself, but of hundreds of other people on the road," she said.

Lee's bond was set at $100,000.

Damn.................what idiots. :depressed

BacktoBasics
08-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Ha they want to fire the salesman. EVERYONE MUST PAY.

Cry Havoc
08-25-2009, 08:06 AM
If there is conclusive proof that the salesperson was not openly, viciously objecting to the speed at which they were traveling in the Challenger, then the family is well within their rights to sue, IMO. I'm sure there are salesmen out there who will let a customer drive just about as fast as they want, if it means they're going to send the person out of the door with a car that day.

This is brutal. That man should never ever be behind the wheel of a car or any motorized vehicle again, if he ever gets out of prison. There is a massive difference between driving that fast on an interstate built for 75+ mph traffic and a highway where you are encountering cars entering and leaving the road.

phyzik
08-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Hey B2B, can I test drive my truck pulling one of your trailers at that speed? I want to see how it handles.

Cry Havoc
08-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Hey B2B, can I test drive my truck pulling one of your trailers at that speed? I want to see how it handles.

He's probably going to ask you for a deposit. Don't do it! :lol

lebomb
08-25-2009, 08:46 AM
He's probably going to ask you for a deposit. Don't do it! :lol

............a non refundable $7,000 deposit!!!!!