PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the glare, Nazr shown for 8 minutes

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Why did he not play second half?

Came in 8 minutes left in first, Spurs way down and they cut lead down big time with him in there. Gee one would of thought that earned more playing time? For those 8 minutes he was lively, 3 points, 3 boards and was a defensive prescence. He missed a dunk but darn it at least he went to the hole strong, something sadly missing among other bigs lately.

Meanwhile, Marks out there chucking in them from all over gets 13 minutes, 2 points. I am not anti-Marks, but there is no way he has the potential to help team with Rasho down as much as Nazr, if Nazr keeps it going.

Time for Pop to put Nazr in there more again and see what he can do period.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-10-2005, 07:46 PM
because tony massenburg was owning the entire clipper backcourt....dont fix something that isnt broke

i think if he woulda made that dunk he'd seen more time :lol but he botched it

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Maybe we watched different games. Nazr was a bit better, but if you watch him exclusivly, you'll see absolutely no movement on offense. He picks a block, sets up there, and doesn't move untill a shot goes up.

I don't know what his +/- was last night, but I don't think it was nearly as great as you are making it out to be.

Well, now he gets a huge chance to step it up. We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-10-2005, 07:49 PM
i like Nazr's aggresive moves to the rack he showed last night...i liked it alot

but he missed all those aggressive moves or ends up turning it over
he's like malik, lol

but less effective

Cant_Be_Faded
04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
i think u mean frontcourt....TMAss played his best game in the last 10 years in my opinion although the Sactown game wasnt a bad showing either

oops
yeah
frontcourt

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Seriously, just watch Nazr exclusively when he's in. It's not that pretty. I'm hoping he can step it up, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Marks get more minutes tonight.

BTW, Marks had 3 shots rim out last night. The guy can shoot, there's no denying that. As he gets more comfortable, those shots are going to fall more.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-10-2005, 07:51 PM
marks has impressed me with his athleticism too
i just don't understand how that doesnt translate to good blocks on the defensive end

maybe his arms are short

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 07:55 PM
He's too agressive, and he's not that long. Blocks are more about timing.

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Nazr was in and Spurs cut 15 point lead to seven, that speaks for itself. He should have got at least 5 minutes in second IMO.

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Told all of you so, now Pop needs to put him back in!

Cant_Be_Faded
04-10-2005, 09:15 PM
i disagree.

not when massenburg was physically dominating and getting us crucial offensive rebounds over and over again.

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Eat friggin Crow, hell play him along side Massenburg some minutes.