PDA

View Full Version : Nazr

Jimcs50
04-10-2005, 08:28 PM
He is playing with Malik like energy tonight.

He is playing himself right onto the playoff roster tonight.

Jimcs50
04-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Can SA keep up this energy???
If so, they can win a game that I thought they would mail in tonight

This could clinch the division for all practical purposes.

Solid D
04-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Interesting, the box score from the Knicks win today vs. Indy showed that Malik started today, also. 12 points, 7 reb in 43 min for Leaky.

slayermin
04-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Nazr has been terrific.

Jimcs50
04-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Interesting, the box score from the Knicks win today vs. Indy showed that Malik started today, also. 12 points, 7 reb in 43 min for Leaky.

Tim Thomas is injured, Solid

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Told You All So MANY TIMES Just Give The Guy A Chance!!!

Hope all you naysayers have to eat some serious, serious crow! :smokin :hat :elephant

Jimcs50
04-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Told You All So MANY TIMES Just Give The Guy A Chance!!!

Hope all you naysayers have to eat some serious, serious crow! :smokin :hat :elephant

Do I at least get some salt?

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Now if Pop would only put him back in.

T Park
04-10-2005, 08:55 PM
give the guy CONSISTENT 18 20 minutes and he will produce.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 09:01 PM
I told you all this, but all the Rose colored glasses folks couldn't see through the fog.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Hes got 8 and about what 4 5 boards???

Good first half.

The guy gets hacked under the basket more than player ive ever seen as well.

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Been saying all along that Nazr just needed the time and he would show up. A player averaging close to a double double in league (a rare breed) before trade in relatively limited minutes this year just does not lose that forever.

Thank you for not believing and you know who you are. Time to believe in this man who has been very productive before in college and NBA and will be for the Spurs when given a chance.

exstatic
04-10-2005, 09:13 PM
ALL of the big men are playing pretty well tonight. It's just that other than Horry, none of them is really a shotblocker, and GS is getting too many dunks and layups at the rim.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:14 PM
whats funny, Nazr could be a shotblocker, but its like, he doesn't know how.

Stay in SA this summer with Don Newman Nazr, and youll be lookin good. :fro

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:15 PM
BTW,

for all the Rasho bashers, think he wouldve been good tonight at deflecting and keeping out a majority of the layups and dunks tonight??

nahhhhh.

Spurminator
04-10-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm rooting for Nazr as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure tonight warrants an "I told you so" when you consider that Adonal Foyle is having a career night... seems like a wash to me.

timvp
04-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Nazr has played well offensively when he's managed to catch the ball. Defensively, he makes Rasho seem like David Robinson.

But I've turned the corner on Nazr ever since he punished Dirk with those elbows. He's playing with a mean streak and that's all you can really ask from him. He doesn't have enough raw skill to survive without roughing it up.

If he can keep producing, he'll make the lose of Rasho not feel as bad for the time being.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:18 PM
when you consider that Adonal Foyle is having a career night

quite a few of his points are on Nazr having to rotate off of him and guard someone else's man.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Defensively, he makes Rasho seem like David Robinson.

Funny, hes rotating on defense and doing the right things...

But, oh well.

timvp
04-10-2005, 09:20 PM
No he's not. He's not following the Spurs' rules.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-10-2005, 09:20 PM
He's playing with a mean streak and that's all you can really ask from him. He doesn't have enough raw skill to survive without roughing it up.

totally agree
i loved his intensity last night, but wish he coulda made that DUNK!!!!!

argh

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 09:22 PM
He's having a great night, and he's playing much better than usual.

But I'll give you the reason why.

THE SPURS ARE NOT RUNNING THEIR OFFENSE TONIGHT

With too many new players on the court, Pop is letting them basicly do what they need to do to score. It's a lot more free lance.

Also, do you think Foyle would have gone off like that on Rasho? Not a chance. But on Nazr Foyle is scoring at will it seems. This is why +/- stats are much more indicative rather than simple point/rebound numbers.

So before you start serving up crow, wait for a couple of things:

1. The 2nd half.
2. A few games of consistent ball. It's only one freaking half.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:24 PM
No he's not

So rotating out to the open guy off a pick and roll is not the way to do it??

I dont want a fight so whatever.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:26 PM
A few games of consistent ball.

once again, wtf, you guys expect the guy to come in and put up 20 and 10.

Not running there offense and hes doing good??

Gee what a suprise, maybe because hed fit in better than no offense, than one hes not even close to knowing??

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Rasho's been playing great D all year, but he's also been in the Spurs system over a year and a half now.

I keep forgetting that Malik was an All-Star within one month of joining the team.

Given the same amount of time to progress, Nazr will be a better defender than Rasho in the Spurs system. More than anything, Nazr needs minutes. I think to an extent he tries too hard when he's in because he's only getting 8 minutes a night or so to do some work.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:36 PM
I keep forgetting that Malik was an All-Star within one month of joining the team.

Never lost the ball and hand wonderfull hands too.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 09:42 PM
This isn't about fucking Malik. Can the two of you morons realize that?

This is about Golden State getting whatever they want inside because Nazr can't defend my grandmother without her walker.

Yeah, he's scored about 10 points, but how many has he cost us?

I want a player who is going to make a positive impact on this team, and Nazr isn't doing that. I'm not sure he's even doing that tonight.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:45 PM
This isn't about fucking Malik

funny cause you guys keep saying

"Malik would be doing better..."

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:46 PM
I want a player who is going to make a positive impact on this team, and Nazr isn't doing that

of course not

10 points 6 boards

horrible horrible effect on the team.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Are you fucking dense?

What I've said is that with Duncan out, Malik would help more, and he would have.

Also, I was on the record as saying the night of the trade that it would probably work out better for the Spurs in the long run, and not this year. And guess what, he's not going to learn the system this year so I'm probably right there too asshole.

God you piss me off so much sometimes with your inability to read.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:49 PM
What I've said is that with Duncan out, Malik would help more, and he would have.

but its not about malik......

[/QUOTE]And guess what, he's not going to learn the system this year so I'm probably right there too asshole.
[QUOTE]

and, yet you rip his ass great.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 09:50 PM
of course not

10 points 6 boards

horrible horrible effect on the team.

Does Foyle have more than 10 points? He does doesn't he.

texbumTHElife
04-10-2005, 09:51 PM
If you are trying to say that Marks defense has been noticabely better than Nazr's you are out of your mind. It might be marginally better but Nazr's rebound number far out weight that slight margin.

In repsonse to the playoff roster that is....

MannyIsGod
It's not about Malik, because Malik is not here and isn't going to help out is he? Nazr has that chance but he fucks it up everytime he gets in the game. What the hell does Malik have to do with that?

Aggie Hoopsfan
Tpark's reading comprehension aside,

How would Malik being here help more? You just said our big problem is defense. What is Malik gonna give you? Players have done nothing but shoot over him for two years, and snatch rebounds by simply reaching above him.

I watched 86 year old Reggie Miller take him off the dribble earlier today on more than one occasion. Yeah, six foot five of philly cheese steaks would really do a lot to anchor our interior shot blocking right now.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Good for him.

He oughtta, he makes damn near 2 or 3 million more than Mohammed.

But Mohammed could have 20 and 10 tonight, and youd rip his ass for not holding the other guy to 0 points.

Once again, a majority of Foyle's points are on switch offs when Mohammed has to switch off.

Foyle just scored at the end of the quarter was that Mohammed's fault too??

Probobly.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Tpark's reading comprehension aside,

How would Malik being here help more? You just said our big problem is defense. What is Malik gonna give you? Players have done nothing but shoot over him for two years, and snatch rebounds by simply reaching above him.

I watched 86 year old Reggie Miller take him off the dribble earlier today on more than one occasion. Yeah, six foot five of philly cheese steaks would really do a lot to anchor our interior shot blocking right now.

:lmao @ the first line.

He played better positional defense. Also, in games where the system is actualy in place, he plays better offense than Nazr could ever hope to. Nazr hasn't done anything on defense, and Malik wasn't great, but he has been better.

But forget about Malik, he's not here. This is about Nazr.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Tpark. If the Spurs score 100 points, it's a good offensive game right? What does it matter if the opposing team scores 120. You do know what +/- means right?

And you do realize the team that scores more wins, right?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 09:55 PM
There's five other Golden State players tearing our defense a new one, but I guess that's all Nazr's fault.

Bowen hasn't even shown up on defense tonight, and he's our defensive tone setter. But blame Nazr, it's what homers wearing rose colored glasses do.

baseline bum
04-10-2005, 10:01 PM
I'm not watching this game, but I look at the boxscore and Adonal Foyle has 15 points? WTF? Looks like Nazr's making Foyle look like he's worth that $41 million deal.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm not blaming the entire team going off on him.

What I'm saying is that he's not having THAT great of a game when you consider what his man has done to him.

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:03 PM
homers wearing rose colored glasses do.

who else, gotta blame Nazr, Barry is playing decent and Rasho is out.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 10:04 PM
I guess some of my gripe is that Nazr's been rotating to pick up penetrating guards and having them dump off to his man for the bucket.

Spurminator
04-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Bowen hasn't even shown up on defense tonight, and he's our defensive tone setter. But blame Nazr, it's what homers wearing rose colored glasses do.

Bowen has given up 15 points to someone who averages 22.. and has scored 12 himself. Foyle averages 4 and has scored 15. Not sure that's a fair comparison.

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:08 PM
I guess some of my gripe is that Nazr's been rotating to pick up penetrating guards and having them dump off to his man for the bucket

Thats what ive been saying, should he just let the guard shoot and keep on his man, or go guard the guy on a roll out.

About 10 of Foyle's 15 have happened on those plays.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Fair comparisons?

Just because a guy is matched up against someone doesn't mean he's giving up the bucket to them every time. People rotate on defense.

Damn, half of Foyle's buckets have come because Nazr had to rotate to cover someone else's screw up on the perimeter.

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Damn, half of Foyle's buckets have come because Nazr had to rotate to cover someone else's screw up on the perimeter

EXACTLY!!!

Also, how many closeouts in this 4th quarter has Nazr done to stop penetration.

TIME!!
GIVE HIM TIME!!!

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Tpark, I'm willing to give him time, what the hell don't you understand about that? I'm not willing to hold back players who can help more this year in order to help Nazr develop though. A title comes before him.

AHF, you're right about the rotating, and Nazr has adjusted and played MUCH better D in the 4th.

Hey, I'm saying Nazr is having a great game, especially late, but don't go making him into Baby Hakeem again.

Spurminator
04-10-2005, 10:18 PM
He has picked it up in the fourth.

I would say tonight is a gloat-worthy performance now. I just wasn't in as much of a hurry as some of you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I never said anything about Hakeem, that was a nice exaggeration by the Roseites.

GoldToe
04-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Nazr can't stop Davis.

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:21 PM
16 points 10 boards???

Yeah leave this guy off the playoff roster.

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Nazr can't stop Davis.

Neither can Bowen.

Name me a player that blocks that floating shot, Parker has been nailing the same shot.

Get off it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Baron's been lighting up our whole team. But if you love Rose, it's Nazr's fault by default *shrugs*

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Davis is making some tough shots 5 feet behind the line with Bowen right on him???

Parker right in his face fadeway 30 footers???

The guy is just on fire.

slayermin
04-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Nazr with the two big throws.

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:41 PM
19 points 14 rebounds.

2 HUGE offensive boards.

Stud tonight no question.

GoldToe
04-10-2005, 10:44 PM
He is on.

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Nazr is a lock to make playoff roster now.

Huge game when we needed him

Why do Rasho and Nazr seem to play like this only when they have to???

If Pop can get them to play like this all the time, the Spurs would win 70 games a year.

SLOVENIAN 8
04-11-2005, 10:37 AM
In that SLO movie Rasho said that seasons games are not so important its only competing for better position in playoffs. When playoff starts he will play much beter becouse he will be more motivated and becouse he wants that ring. Also Nazr, but first Rasho must be healthy. I hope as soon as possible. :spin

exstatic
04-11-2005, 12:59 PM
ALL of the big men are playing pretty well tonight. It's just that other than Horry, none of them is really a shotblocker, and GS is getting too many dunks and layups at the rim.

Looking at the box, the four post players totalled 50 points and 36 rebounds. That means that Horry, Nazr, Tmass, and Marks averaged 12.5p/9r as a group! Way to man up!

SequSpur
04-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Isn't Malik averaging a triple double now that he is in the eastern conference?