PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft, where racism happens

nkdlunch
08-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Software giant Microsoft has apologised for editing a photo to change a black man's head to that of a white man on one of their websites.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8221896.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/technology_enl_1251283101/img/1.jpg

jman3000
08-26-2009, 09:23 AM
In their defense that looks Russian. I'm not exactly sure how many blacks there are in Russia. Maybe they just wanted to identify with their targeted demographic more. On the other hand... I'm not exactly sure how many Asians (other then the remote eastern areas) live in Russia either.

I don't get mad when I see some billboard in Spanish I can't read. That's because it's targeted at different people than myself.

This ad wasn't meant to be seen by Westerners I reckon.

SonOfAGun
08-26-2009, 10:53 AM
lol, that's a horrible chop

Gates would be dissapoint.

JoeChalupa
08-26-2009, 10:56 AM
I concur with Jman.

eyeh8u
08-26-2009, 11:33 AM
thats not racism, thats good business.

everyone is turning into a sensitive pussy

CubanMustGo
08-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Looks Polish, not Russian.

lebomb
08-26-2009, 11:45 AM
thats not racism, thats good business.

.........................yeah, a white man with a black hand still. :lmao

lebomb
08-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Russia has an assload of modern white supremacists. It's not targeting a certain group, it's also watching their impression. Russian people can't stand blacks. It's quite possibly the worst vacation destination for a black person. They still beat non-Russians in the street, just for fun.

Bullshit, I traveled over that way last year, and they were very nice.........

...............and the russian woman wouldnt leave me alone. :p:

CubanMustGo
08-26-2009, 12:04 PM
FYI "empower your people" in Russian looks like this (according to Babelfish):

Уполномочивайте ваши людей

Slomo
08-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Looks Polish, not Russian.

It is Polish. Russian uses the cyrillic alphabet.

Kori Ellis
08-26-2009, 12:12 PM
In their defense that looks Russian. I'm not exactly sure how many blacks there are in Russia. Maybe they just wanted to identify with their targeted demographic more. On the other hand... I'm not exactly sure how many Asians (other then the remote eastern areas) live in Russia either.

I don't get mad when I see some billboard in Spanish I can't read. That's because it's targeted at different people than myself.

This ad wasn't meant to be seen by Westerners I reckon.

As others have said, it's Polish. And I imagine that a white guy with black hands (as pictured) probably isn't the target audience :) If they would have fixed the hands, probably no one would have noticed.

phyzik
08-26-2009, 12:49 PM
It's obvious they used Microsoft Paint to do the chopping. :lol