PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Rumors says: Owner willing to open pocket book

sananspursfan21
08-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Ok, so I was looking at the ESPN Rumors section and I found a rumor article on the Spurs. I don't have that stupid Insider's Subscription so I was hoping somebody who has it could tell me what the article says.

I guess it means that they are willing to pay luxury tax, but who else do they want to acquire? there's all kinds of talk about another trade and everything. Could somebody let me know if there's anything good on that page?

The link's below if anybody has that subscription and can open the article or if somebody just knows about what it means, please let me know:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2ffeatures%2frumors#11125

WildcardManu
08-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Owner willing to open pocket book

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and general manager R.C. Buford told owner Peter Holt the team needed to get younger and more athletic to compete with the top teams in the West. To accomplish that Holt would have to spend money and most likely become a taxpayer. He agreed and the Spurs traded for Richard Jefferson, signed Antonio McDyess and Theo Ratliff and they drafted DeJuan Blair.

"The face of the league has changed significantly over the last two years," Popovich told the San Antonio Express-News. "We hung in there as long as we could. Now, we're going to have to spend money like some other people."
The Spurs will enter training camp next month about $10M over the luxury tax line.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

WildcardManu
08-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Nothing new.

sananspursfan21
08-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Owner willing to open pocket book

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich and general manager R.C. Buford told owner Peter Holt the team needed to get younger and more athletic to compete with the top teams in the West. To accomplish that Holt would have to spend money and most likely become a taxpayer. He agreed and the Spurs traded for Richard Jefferson, signed Antonio McDyess and Theo Ratliff and they drafted DeJuan Blair.

"The face of the league has changed significantly over the last two years," Popovich told the San Antonio Express-News. "We hung in there as long as we could. Now, we're going to have to spend money like some other people."
The Spurs will enter training camp next month about $10M over the luxury tax line.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

that's it? :( sorry it was kind of a waste, cuz that's kind of common knowledge to a spurs fan. thanks, i am happy you looked it up for me though :)

completely deck
08-26-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't get how this is a rumor... We all knew that we'd be over the tax.

sananspursfan21
08-26-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't get how this is a rumor... We all knew that we'd be over the tax.

i guess that's the rip-off of having ESPN Insider lol

WildcardManu
08-26-2009, 11:15 AM
There's actually not that many rumors there right now lol

WildcardManu
08-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Another one of the rumors. semi-Spurs related.
Mensah-Bonsu to compete with Dorsey

The Houston Rockets verbally agreed to a deal with free-agent power forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu last week, and the contract is expected to be signed later this week. The Houston Chronicle reports the Rockets are currently waiting for paperwork to be cleared with Mensah-Bonsu's national team. He will compete primarily with Joey Dorsey throughout training camp.

DynastySpurs210
08-26-2009, 11:17 AM
yeah didn't you hear this??
There's rumors of the Spurs gettin Amare Stoudemire!

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/0328phl_amare_dunk_300.jpg

sananspursfan21
08-26-2009, 11:20 AM
There's rumors of use gettin Amare Stoudemire!

you must be being sarcastic cuz there's no way that can be true.... can it?

WildcardManu
08-26-2009, 11:20 AM
There's rumors of use gettin Amare Stoudemire!

:lol
Amare's farewell tour?
Amare Stoudemire spent part of Tuesday speaking at an elementary school. Once again he spoke about leaving the Phoenix Suns after the 2009-10 season.

"This might be my farewell tour, huh?" Stoudemire told The Arizona Republic. "If so, I'm going out with a bang, baby. ... If we're not making the playoffs, my legacy is going backwards. I'm not having it."

Stoudemire also spoke about returning from another eye surgery and his motivation to improve his game.

"I cherish the moment," he said. "Because I feel like if I had to retire because of the injury, how will my legacy be? Will I be a Hall of Famer? Would I have a championship? Is my legacy what I dreamed it to be? At that point of time, I'd say no. So now, I'm back with a vengeance. I want to make sure that my legacy is starting to build. It is going to start this year. ... I want to show the staff that I'm dedicated. I'm ready to take that step to making it back to the playoffs and to be that force that I was before the Terry Porter era."

CubanMustGo
08-26-2009, 11:22 AM
The bad thing about insider is you sign up and they start sending you that rag they should call "ESPN: The HipHopMag". I just want access to the freakin' web content, don't make me pay for a subscription to Lebron: the Magazine.

RobSM64
08-26-2009, 11:23 AM
:lol
Amare's farewell tour?
Amare Stoudemire spent part of Tuesday speaking at an elementary school. Once again he spoke about leaving the Phoenix Suns after the 2009-10 season.

"This might be my farewell tour, huh?" Stoudemire told The Arizona Republic. "If so, I'm going out with a bang, baby. ... If we're not making the playoffs, my legacy is going backwards. I'm not having it."

Stoudemire also spoke about returning from another eye surgery and his motivation to improve his game.

"I cherish the moment," he said. "Because I feel like if I had to retire because of the injury, how will my legacy be? Will I be a Hall of Famer? Would I have a championship? Is my legacy what I dreamed it to be? At that point of time, I'd say no. So now, I'm back with a vengeance. I want to make sure that my legacy is starting to build. It is going to start this year. ... I want to show the staff that I'm dedicated. I'm ready to take that step to making it back to the playoffs and to be that force that I was before the Terry Porter era."

Legacy?

WildcardManu
08-26-2009, 11:24 AM
The bad thing about insider is you sign up and they start sending you that rag they should call "ESPN: The HipHopMag". I just want access to the freakin' web content, don't make me pay for a subscription to Lebron: the Magazine.

Yeah, that sucks. Even though the subscription isn't mine but my brothers, I get the magazine sent to my house since he moved out a while back.

Libri
08-26-2009, 12:34 PM
So now, I'm back with a vengeance. I want to make sure that my legacy is starting to build. It is going to start this year. ... I want to show the staff that I'm dedicated. I'm ready to take that step to making it back to the playoffs and to be that force that I was before the Terry Porter era."

So I guess he wants to continue with the high scoring and no defense approach.

Spur|n|Austin
08-26-2009, 01:00 PM
You need the Insider's subscription to read that? lol

duhoh
08-26-2009, 01:05 PM
i like how he specifically called it the terry porter era.

Malice
08-26-2009, 02:00 PM
wow, I didnt think Amare could be anymore of a douche. Boy was i wrong.