5. Parker
6. Horry
7. Barry
8. G. Robinson
9. Udrih
10. Massenburg
11. Mohammed
12. D. Brown

I really hope Devin can be healthy, if not then use Marks. No way Mohammed should be left off the playoff roster.

exstatic
04-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Marks has played better than Mohammed. I was, and still am, a big supporter of the trade, but it will probably have to pay dividends next year. Unlike some peoppple, I can admit when the guy I was pulling for is sucking.

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Nazr is proving you wrong EAT BIG CROW period.

Has to be on playoff roster!

Walton Buys Off Me
We can carry 12 guys right? If Devin can't return, then I'm all for Marks but Mohammed just brings more to the table. Offensive rebounding is a HUGE part of winning in the playoffs and Nazr does it better than anyone not named Duncan.

T Park
No way Mohammed should be left on the playoff roster

Then why do you have him on your playoff roster.

timvp
04-10-2005, 09:08 PM
The more I watch Beno play lately, the more it becomes obvious that Mike Wilks MUST be on the playoff roster.

He has to be.

gregpschneid
04-10-2005, 09:09 PM
i bet marks will make it and robinson will be left off if devin is healthy

Walton Buys Off Me
04-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Off, not on.

Thanks for the correction.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:11 PM
No prob, I figured out what you meant after you second post, and I agree.

Beno has absolutely fell off the face of the earth.

Back to where we were last year, no good consistent backup point guard going into the playoffs.

exstatic
04-10-2005, 09:12 PM
The more I watch Beno play lately, the more it becomes obvious that Mike Wilks MUST be on the playoff roster.

He has to be.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Nazr's performance tonight, but surprised, nonetheless. Marks has been on the team for 2 years, and just knows the sets better. I guess I'll put my list together after the regular season when there are a few more performances to gauge by.

timvp
04-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Rasho
Duncan
Bowen
Manu
Parker
Horry
Brown
Barry
Udrih
Massenburg
Wilks
Mohammed or Marks

Right now, there is no way you can put GRob on the playoff roster over Mike Wilks. Beno has fallen asleep at the wheel. There's been three times within the last month that Beno hasn't realized that the quarter is almost over and has just walked the ball up the court. His defense has also been horrendous.

usckk
04-10-2005, 09:15 PM
I bet this is what Pop will do:

1. Duncan
2. Nesterovic
3. Bowen
4. Ginobili
5. Parker
6. Horry
7. Barry
8. Wilks
9. Udrih
10. Massenburg
11. Mohammed
12. D. Brown

Walton Buys Off Me
04-10-2005, 09:16 PM
timvp, you're advocating Wilks over GRob and blasting Beno (deservingly so) but you're leaving him on the playoff roster....? I would take Robinson over Udrih. Those shots will start falling, I guarantee it.

As for Wilks vs. Udrih; you gotta go with Beno. He's been there all season and yes he's stunk it up bigtime of late but if he is your future backup, then in my opinion, you have to show the confidence in him and hope he can sack up for the playoffs.

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:17 PM
I doubt Devin Brown will be ready to go.

Running in a straight line is encouraging??

If you dont put Robinson on the playoff roster, WTF was the point???

I dont undedrstand the damn funk he is in though it doesnt make sense.

timvp
04-10-2005, 09:18 PM
When you are a shooter who has taken a long break from the game, the easiest thing to do is hit shots in your first game back. After that, it takes a good month or two to get back in true form.

Do the Spurs have that long to wait? I don't think so.

Manu20
04-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Timvp, Believe in the Big Dog.

Walton Buys Off Me
04-10-2005, 09:41 PM
We will need the Dog on those nights (hopefully not many of them) when our offense resembles retarded people fucking.......

T Park
04-10-2005, 09:50 PM
The dog is what 2 of 13??

Yeah that will be fantastic in the playoffs.

I just wish hed knock down the OPEN shots he gets.

Off for a year or not, open shots are fuckin open shots.

jcrod
04-10-2005, 11:29 PM
You have to put GRob in.
I'll be happy with either Wilks or Beno, but I'm starting to like Wilks more. I want to see Pop use him more down the streatch to see him knock down the jumper mor consistently. Worse comes to worse, you can still use Barry and Manu in spot minutes at the point. I expect to see TP playing major minutes in the playoffs.

Nazr over Marks, just for rebounding abilitly and just in case we might Shaq in the finals. Nazr would do better than Marks. Nazr would be a great complement to TD.

So my roster would look like Waltons.

dn0
04-10-2005, 11:44 PM
we need the big dog to save us on those long shooting droughts..

Dre_7
04-10-2005, 11:45 PM
open shots are fuckin open shots.

So then keep Barry off the playoff roster as well! :smokin

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 10:07 AM
This is a very difficult decision now. The only guy who I think is off the playoff roster for sure is Linton. Wilks may be on now because he is a good defender and the Spurs love to use him for situational matchups. If the Spurs meet the Nuggets, I think they definitely want Wilks on because he matches up well with Boykins.

I think since Devin didn't need the third shot, they probably think he's going to be ready for Round 1. So that complicates things too.

At this point, I think they have to just keep evaluating and decide at the last moment.

Walton Buys Off Me
04-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Kori, what is the latest update on Devin?

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 10:10 AM
I only know what was in the paper -- that because of his progress, he didn't need the 3rd injection.

I'll find out more tomorrow night at the game.

samikeyp
04-11-2005, 10:13 AM
timvp,

You think Beno has just hit "the wall" as rookies tend to do or is it more serious?

whottt
04-11-2005, 10:17 AM
The Big Dog stepped up and hit a big bucket in the clutch last night...he also pulled down 6 boards and got to the FT line...This guy helped us win that game last night and scored 12 points...When this guy gets in shape he is capable of dropping 40 on someone, even out of shape he's gone for 20 minutes in 2 of his 4 games back...You gotta keep this guy on the roster.

And If Nazr keeps playing like that you gotta keep him too...

timvp
04-11-2005, 10:18 AM
timvp,

You think Beno has just hit "the wall" as rookies tend to do or is it more serious?

Good question. I don't think it's "the rookie wall" because that is more physical than mental. What's wrong with him right now is mental. He isn't playing very smart and Pop is benching him because of it.

A major part of the problem is I think Beno is a good system PG. He's a great fit in the team's half court offensive sets. When Duncan is on the low blocks or the team is in motion, he knows what to do and does it well. Now that the team is desperate to score and it's more a matter of one-on-one moves to create those opportunities, Beno is out of his element.

Once Duncan comes back, I expecet Beno to return to form. For the Spurs to have success in the playoffs, he has to shake this off and play well. They can't afford another year of not having a backup point.

samikeyp
04-11-2005, 10:23 AM
well said.

They can't afford another year of not having a backup point

agreed.

BigVee
04-11-2005, 10:25 AM
I don't think Beno has the quickness or strength against playoff PG's. He would be eaten alive by the likes of Miller, Watson, Nash, Terry, Billups, etc. It seems as teams have tightened down in prep for the playoffs, he has been left behind. I think he should be off the roster...if Pop has no confidence now when guys are bone tired, and Beno still gets no minutes, he won't be of much help in the playoffs.

Dex
04-11-2005, 10:51 AM
True, but the question we're left with now is, can Mike Wilks do what Beno cannot?

We don't have many choices left, unless CIA Pop plans on switching Barry to the point for the playoffs. :oops

BigVee
04-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I know. Wilks has the quickness, that's for sure, but not sure how he would respond on the big stage. I know Beno has played big games internationally, but....it is a tough call.

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2005, 11:41 AM
As for the back-up point issue, the Barry idea has some merit. At least twice in recent games (against Houston and last night) Pop has gone to Barry to initiate the offense for various reasons. Against Houston, it was because Parker and Udrih were too passive. Last night, it was because Parker was gassed. It doesn't mean that Tony doesn't get shots or touch the ball; it just means that Barry takes the responsibility for running the show and allows Tony to play on the wing a bit more. I could see some of that in the playoffs, particularly in later rounds, if the Spurs get there.

I can't see how you can keep Mohammed off the roster at this point, and not just because he played well last night. At the moment, this team's two primary bigs have significant enough damage to their ankles to warrant time on the injured list. Both have missed significant time this season because of those injuries. With the health of Rasho and Tim in some doubt, I can't imagine this team proceeding without as many bigs as Pop can find. It might be tight for Marks, and I think Sean's playoff participation will depend on exactly where Tim and Rasho are, healthwise, on Friday, April 22.

If Devin can't go, I think the Big Dog becomes a no brainer. If Devin is iffy, Big Dog's chances boil down to a decision about whether to carry a 6th big (Marks), a 3rd point (Wilks), or a pure wild card (Robinson). Something tells me that we'll see a lot of Big Dog once the division has been wrapped up and that time will help to make the decision. I'm guessing that Big Dog will be playing in May, though.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Leave off: LJ3, Brown (let the guy heal, no sense risking his career), and Udrih (I love the guy, but Pop doesn't and if he's not going to play him, he's taking up space).

As for Robinson, his being there will help the opposing defense from totally collapsing on Tim, as so often happens.

Frenchise player
04-11-2005, 12:14 PM
It's really tough to let three players out, because everyone has contributed this season and played 1 game for the Spurs. That's the three I wouldn't select:
_LJ3, that's the easiest one, he played only one or two games and doesn't seem ready to play.
_Wilks, basically it's between him and Beno. I still think that Beno brings more to the team. He has a style completly different of Tony and his shot will be useful if we play against a team that doesn't allow Parker and Manu to penetrate. Wilks would be a more safer choice, but everybody knows that Tony will play 35-40 minutes in the playoffs so we don't risk too much bringing Beno.
_Marks, toughest one. First, I consider that we have to bring Nazr and Tmass, they demontrate that they can be really usefull. Then I think the twelve spot will be between Glen and Marks. Robinson has such a potential that we can let him on IR.

I think Devin should be in our roster, he won't have a much better chance of winning it all than this year.

MadDog73
04-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Long time Lurker, first time poster.

I agree, it's a very hard choice this year, but I have to speak up for Sean Marks. The guy has been really improving, and it can't hurt to have another 6'10" big man in the rotation.

I know our guard situation is weak since Devin Brown will probably be out for the Playoffs. But I would lose LJ3 and Wilks.

Again, tough call.

Supergirl
04-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Rasho
Duncan
Bowen
Manu
Parker
Horry
Barry
Massenburg
Mohammed
Robinson
Udrih

The only if is the last spot, IMO. Brown is a shoo-in, if he's going to be even 80%, but I think that'sa big if and we don't want to waste a roster spot if he's not.

If Brown is a no, then I think we're best with Marks. I think Udrih has had some big games and has the potential to fill in like Claxton did in 2003, whereas Wilks has hardly gotten to play much. We need shooters.
Marks is good, but if Brown is healthy he loses his spot to him, because Brown is better all around and has more experience in the playoffs. LJ III is too much of an injury liability I think, though the same could be said for Marks.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-11-2005, 01:59 PM
LJ III is too much of an injury liability I think, though the same could be said for Marks.

I'm not sure what you mean regarding Marks. He's been healthy (he's been riding IR as a project player) except for that "sprained left pinky toe".

When you look at our roster, our injury problems have all come from the frontline. If Tim or Rasho were to tweak another ankle in the playoffs, we'll need every big we can get our hands on.

Conversely, I don't think we need to be as deep at point guard because both of our 2's (Manu and Brent) can bring the ball up and run the show effectively. To me, LJ is a given, Brown needs to be saved for next season, and Wilks is on the bubble (although as I said above, Pop might as well keep Udrih out if he's not going to let him play). Marks and all of our bigs will be needed next month.

baseline bum
04-11-2005, 03:01 PM
I'd take Wilks over Robinson in a second, unless Devin looks really bad. Wilks is a decent situational player because his d is decent and he can penetrate. Robinson is a warm body you put in the game because Bowen can't play 48. Robinson has nothing left.

Marks is pretty worthless IMO. Even Massenburg is a better shooter, and Marks isn't the banger TMass is. Massenburg is a no-brainer. I'd take Mohammed over Marks just because on his best day Marks is barely better than Mohammed, whille Mohammed at least has a break out game or two every once in a while.

MadDog73
04-11-2005, 03:21 PM
I'd take Wilks over Robinson in a second, unless Devin looks really bad. Wilks is a decent situational player because his d is decent and he can penetrate. Robinson is a warm body you put in the game because Bowen can't play 48. Robinson has nothing left.

Marks is pretty worthless IMO. Even Massenburg is a better shooter, and Marks isn't the banger TMass is. Massenburg is a no-brainer. I'd take Mohammed over Marks just because on his best day Marks is barely better than Mohammed, whille Mohammed at least has a break out game or two every once in a while.

So, just to clarify, you'd leave LJ III, Sean Marks, and Robinson off the Roster, unless Devin was out, then you'd take Robinson and leave Wilks off?

patty
04-11-2005, 03:27 PM
1. Duncan
2. Nesterovic
3. Bowen
4. Ginobili
5. Parker
6. Horry
7. Barry
8. G. Robinson
9. Udrih
10. Massenburg
11. Mohammed
12. D. Brown

I really hope Devin can be healthy, if not then use Marks. No way Mohammed should be left off the playoff roster.
please, please... Devin go! I don't want Marks join this game :fro

patty
04-11-2005, 03:37 PM
THE BEST ONE JUST ONLY ONE Tim Duncan

Mr. Body
04-11-2005, 04:31 PM
If we have to go so deep into the bench to play Wilks or Marks any amount of time, we're really stretching. Hopefully it'd be due to foul problems and not injuries.

Thing is, you don't really need either of those players. They don't give you much over what anybody else gives you, and you go three deep at their positions already (with Barry moving over to point). Udrih is fine - he's getting yanked on his leash at the moment, but he's fine.

If there's a possibility Devin can go, put him on. It can pay off with high-energy play in the WCF or the Finals. It's not like he got shot or anything.

Put Robinson on. This guy is a 10+ year veteran who can heat up in a big way. I have good feelings about him. You don't leave a player like that off the roster - even if he's the 11th or 12th man, you can't get any better, liabilities granted. If Brown can't go, he's that much more important. He can be a game-changer.

Big Shot Bob
04-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Well thats 2 more things to address thiss off season. Get a reliable big man.
no matter how good Scola is in the Euro leage he has to be NBA tested. No
offence to him though. Number 2, someone else who can play the sf and can shoot somewhat. Id say the guy who won the Collage dunk contest. The guy is Lithuanian, 6.9, he could be a poor mans AK47 - injuries. his school is Chattonuga(sp?). :shootme

Guru of Nothing
04-11-2005, 08:06 PM
How about some vBookie action on the playoff roster?

Unless something changes, my money says LJIII, Wilks and Marks miss the cut.

slayermin
04-11-2005, 08:12 PM
A major part of the problem is I think Beno is a good system PG. He's a great fit in the team's half court offensive sets. When Duncan is on the low blocks or the team is in motion, he knows what to do and does it well. Now that the team is desperate to score and it's more a matter of one-on-one moves to create those opportunities, Beno is out of his element.

This makes sense because Beno was lost in the Got Milk Rookie Challenge game.

Spurs košarka kultura
04-11-2005, 10:15 PM
We will need the Dog on those nights (hopefully not many of them) when our offense resembles retarded people fucking.......

:lmao I agree with that logic, eloquently stated by the way.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-11-2005, 10:20 PM
How about some vBookie action on the playoff roster?

Unless something changes, my money says LJIII, Wilks and Marks miss the cut.

You're money is the same as mine at present: zilch. :lol

SequSpur
04-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Beno should be waived immediately.

Guru of Nothing
04-11-2005, 10:42 PM
You're money is the same as mine at present: zilch. :lol

Well, I don't call myself the guru of nothing, for nothing.

Das Texan
04-11-2005, 11:59 PM
The Spurs can always use barry at the backup point. useful if devin is back. since beno wants to play like a fucking little bitch.