PDA

View Full Version : the right is crazy?

Viva Las Espuelas
08-26-2009, 03:24 PM
FQyUd5Dhvn0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQyUd5Dhvn0

rjv
08-26-2009, 03:28 PM
is this a demonstration of logical fallacies ?

Wild Cobra
08-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Well, I have a solid belief that if he had republican connections, the media would have been more forceful about making that acknowledgment, and find a way to be certain!

Funny, they see him in a video, but not who placed the poster?

Wild Cobra
08-26-2009, 03:47 PM
I think he posted this because the assumption is that vandalism against a democrat facility would be done by a republican supporter. Posted to prove otherwise.

Don't ask me to source this, the information is way too old. But...

There are far more people who act illegally who vote democrat then republican. If I recall, jail populations are more than 80% democrat leaning.

rjv
08-26-2009, 03:56 PM
I think he posted this because the assumption is that vandalism against a democrat facility would be done by a republican supporter. Posted to prove otherwise.

Don't ask me to source this, the information is way too old. But...

There are far more people who act illegally who vote democrat then republican. If I recall, jail populations are more than 80% democrat leaning.

that was the intended inference but, regardless, it is specious reasoning, as are most generalizations (this generalization notwithstanding of course).

Nbadan
08-27-2009, 12:51 AM

In Viva's world, there are no logical fallacies...for that you need logic..

Viva Las Espuelas
08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
In Viva's world, there are no logical fallacies...for that you need logic..

wow. how long did it take to come up with that? man, youre good.

101A
08-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Everyone knows that one side's crazies "help" the opponents more often than not, a Dem trying to drum up sympathy is NOT surprising.

rjv
08-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Everyone knows that one side's crazies "help" the opponents more often than not, a Dem trying to drum up sympathy is NOT surprising.

they actually help both "sides" in that they perpetuate the myth that there is actually a legitimate two-party system in the US

LnGrrrR
08-27-2009, 04:38 PM

Possibly due to the skewed amount of minorities we have in our prison system.

DarrinS
08-27-2009, 04:44 PM

Skewed in what way?

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 04:59 PM

You can say that about 95% of the posts in this forum.

SonOfAGun
08-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Transgender? lol wut

Wild Cobra
08-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Are you saying they didn't commit the crime?

I see it as more poor people register and vote democrat. The party of empty promises. People who need help vote democrat more than those who don't. People who are well off more often vote and register with the party that's not trying to redistribute their money to others. More poor commit crimes than people ho can support themselves.

It has nothing more to do with them being minorities but for the simple fact that more minorities are poor rather than well off. Minorities do commit more crimes.

Nbadan
08-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Minorities do commit more crime..

...that's racists....more minorities are poor which leads to higher rates of crime...you make it sound like someone is more predisposed to commit a crime if they are a minority...

Wild Cobra
08-28-2009, 10:06 AM
...that's racists....more minorities are poor which leads to higher rates of crime...you make it sound like someone is more predisposed to commit a crime if they are a minority...
No, I stated a statistical fact. Like it or not, it's true. I never said it was because of race, and pointed out it was due to being poor. Yes, other races do also. I only mentioned the race aspect of it when LnGrrrR said it was skewed. I was pointing out why it was skewed. For you and he to make it a racist issue is wrong. It is a class issue.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-28-2009, 10:19 AM
You can say that about 95% of the posts in this forum.
ha. the "man" hurling the bitter card attacks me in two different forums. and totally missing my point in both. you have fun with that, but hey....the more obnoxious your post, the better you look. :toast

DarkReign
08-28-2009, 11:21 AM

He didnt say that at all.

He said (basically) that poverty = higher crime rate.

Minorities are more prone to be in poverty (statistically), thus, have a higher crime rate.

MannyIsGod
08-28-2009, 12:31 PM
ha. the "man" hurling the bitter card attacks me in two different forums. and totally missing my point in both. you have fun with that, but hey....the more obnoxious your post, the better you look. :toast

I asked you a question in the other and you couldn't even answer it (still not too late to explain your stance). No attack, you just felt it was an attack. I made a statement about the forum and not your post. You felt it was an attack

Viva, they call that projecting but it makes complete sense considering how bitter you are. This post was an attack. TBH, I don't post attacking you very often because you're not much fun to attack. You're too easy a target. This post here shows you exactly why.