PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce: Fedor vs Brett Rogers

LEONARD
08-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Coming soon to a Showtime near you...

We know nothing about Rogers' ground game really, but he's big, strong, and hits pretty hard. Should be an interesting matchup...

dbreiden83080
08-26-2009, 03:58 PM
:sleep

robbie380
08-26-2009, 04:18 PM
http://weblog.sinteur.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/rofl128420417966490000.jpg

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/18/iloldcat.jpg

LEONARD
08-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't understand why this is a laughable matchup?? Or boring? Or not worth watching??

We know as much about Brett Rogers as we do about Shane Carwin, who is getting the next shot at Lesnar, and is ranked 1 slot ahead of Rogers.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/29/966320/usat-sbn-july-mma-consensus#comments

He's undefeated
He's big
He's strong
He hits hard
His ground game is an unknown
His fights haven't lasted long (cardio?)

It's not Lesnar, but it's a top 10 matchup against a legit threat...and it's about as good as SF can do at this point, with Overeem being the other option.

If Rogers was in the UFC he'd be in the hyped up group with Carwin, Cain, Dos Santos, etc...but since he's not people are going to dismiss him.

IMO, this is Fedor's toughest fight since Crocop in 2005.

It's a no win for Fedor though...lose and he instantly becomes an over-rated fraud (which would be completely unfair of course)...win and he was supposed to. That's just how it's going to be until he's in the UFC, and even then there would still be excuses made by the haters...

dbreiden83080
08-26-2009, 05:04 PM
I don't understand why this is a laughable matchup?? Or boring? Or not worth watching??

It's worth watching i guess, Rogers hasn't proven much other than the AA fight and AA has so much glass in his jaw he could make a chandelier with it...

It's a no win for Fedor though...lose and he instantly becomes an over-rated fraud (which would be completely unfair of course)...win and he was supposed to

That's what happens when the supposed Jordan of the sport is fighting in the minor leagues, and 95% of the rest of the MMA elite are where the best in the world come to compete..

That's just how it's going to be until he's in the UFC, and even then there would still be excuses made by the haters...

I don't hate the guy, but i don't respect the moves he has made. The UFC offered him an assload of money, contracts that are good enough for GSP, Anderson, Wandy, Hendo, Brock, Page, hell they even got Tito back (and he is greedy as they come) but not Fedor.. Making idiotic comments like "The contract is one sided and unfair"

Whether it's him or his MGT i really don't care, he is not fighting where he is supposed to be, it's moronic..

LEONARD
08-26-2009, 05:41 PM
It's worth watching i guess, Rogers hasn't proven much other than the AA fight and AA has so much glass in his jaw he could make a chandelier with it...

That's what happens when the supposed Jordan of the sport is fighting in the minor leagues, and 95% of the rest of the MMA elite are where the best in the world come to compete..

I don't hate the guy, but i don't respect the moves he has made. The UFC offered him an assload of money, contracts that are good enough for GSP, Anderson, Wandy, Hendo, Brock, Page, hell they even got Tito back (and he is greedy as they come) but not Fedor.. Making idiotic comments like "The contract is one sided and unfair"

Whether it's him or his MGT i really don't care, he is not fighting where he is supposed to be, it's moronic..

Rogers has proven as much as Carwin, who beat a heartless Gonzaga (ranked in the lower half of the top 10 at the time like Rogers is now)...and now gets a title shot...

I want Fedor in the UFC as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to rip on his opponent just because it's in Strikeforce. Rogers is a tough UFC-caliber opponent, whether it's the UFC, SF, Dream, Kimbo's backyard, whoever. Don't care. 3 fights and then Fedor is back into negotiations...and hopefully then he'll land in the UFC.

BlackSwordsMan
08-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Nah fuck watching fedor fight for the UFC HW belt for 5 mil, let's watch fedor fight brett rogers
LOL

dbreiden83080
08-26-2009, 07:53 PM
3 fights and then Fedor is back into negotiations...and hopefully then he'll land in the UFC.

Back in negotiations. You mean where Fedor and his crazy Russian team tell the UFC that a "gazillion dollar deal is not enough, we want co-promotion as well"? Fedor has done everything humanly possible to avoid fighting in the UFC. I suspect he'll continue to try and avoid the UFC until he retires..

LEONARD
08-26-2009, 08:40 PM
You typed my exact thoughts... :wow

dbreiden83080
08-26-2009, 08:43 PM
You typed my exact thoughts... :wow

Let me ask you and be honest. Do you feel the UFC has done everything possible to land Fedor, when you look at what he is actually worth to a company?? I sure do. This man is not in a negotiating spot to be asking for what he has..

djohn14
08-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Another Fedor/UFC/Dumbfuck Management debate...last one got pretty heated.

dbreiden83080
08-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Another Fedor/UFC/Dumbfuck Management debate...last one got pretty heated.

I'm not gonna get heated i already said my piece on it, i just don't get the Fedor defense on this issue. The UFC offered him more than he's worth and he still said no..

This deserves repeating..

R6X1TdAp_hs&feature=player_embedded

djohn14
08-26-2009, 10:16 PM
I agree, and the last thing I want to do is trash Brett Rogers. I really like watching the guy fight, but IMO Cain Velasquez beats him right now. The UFC HW division is deeper. Im not saying Fedor sucks, Im not saying Fedor is scared, what I am saying is Fedors management sucks, and are scared.

dbreiden83080
08-26-2009, 10:42 PM
I agree, and the last thing I want to do is trash Brett Rogers. I really like watching the guy fight, but IMO Cain Velasquez beats him right now.

Cain beats, Rogers with complete ease right now for sure.. And if Fedor came to the UFC tomorrow and fought Cain, the interest and PPV would be ten times what he is doing in SF. His fights won't sell, it's been proven. His last one with AA did like 100,000 PPV's, UFC 100 just did 1.5 million.. Outside of Rogers and maybe Overeem that's it from a competiton stand-point.. So what 3 fights with SF and then he'll go back to the UFC negotiating table, and if history is any guide, the same nonsense with M1 will still exist. If Strikeforce is still around when his deal is up, i bet he just re-signs with them or some other no name company, before ever coming to the UFC..

dbreiden83080
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
And i am not in the camp that thinks Alistair Overeem is anything special at Heavyweight, when he is sporting, losses and performances like this..

2 to Shogun (LHW)
2 losses to Nogueria
1 loss to Chuck Liddel (LHW)
1 loss to Werdum
1 No Contest with Cro Cop

Evan
08-27-2009, 07:19 AM
epic meh

its the best they can do but the fact remains, its brett rogers.

polandprzem
08-27-2009, 08:35 AM
I don't know if Werdum would make more sense?

But probably it would be too early to go fight in autum for Fabricio

Rogers is decent, but he can cause some trouble as he is quite big HW with great power.

LEONARD
08-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Good interview by Arial
http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/08/27/fedor-emelianenko-i-have-nothing-to-prove-against-brett-rogers/#cont

http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/fedorbodypunch.jpg

SyL6XhaJvmE

Lesnar would kick his ass in a jumproping contest maybe...

Let me ask you and be honest. Do you feel the UFC has done everything possible to land Fedor, when you look at what he is actually worth to a company?? I sure do. This man is not in a negotiating spot to be asking for what he has..

I'm sure they gave him a good offer but I still question what it was exactly, how incentive based it was, what the guaranteed money was, etc. I'm sure we'll never know for sure, unless a copy of the contract offer gets out. We also don't know much about the SF deal, how the co-promotion money will work out, etc. Discussing it is pointless....still.

This deserves repeating..

R6X1TdAp_hs&feature=player_embedded

because Dana NEVER spews any BS... ;)

Cain beats, Rogers with complete ease right now for sure.

I'm not so sure...Kongo exposed big holes in Cain's striking, which I was surprised to see. He showed a great chin though...and wrestling of course.

And i am not in the camp that thinks Alistair Overeem is anything special at Heavyweight, when he is sporting, losses and performances like this..

2 to Shogun (LHW)
2 losses to Nogueria (Also LHW...Little Nog)
1 loss to Chuck Liddel (LHW)
1 loss to Werdum
1 No Contest with Cro Cop

Referencing his LHW fights is kinda pointless, since he was cutting huge weight and ALWAYS gassed out after a few minutes (usually did well prior to gassing, FWIW). He was on a huge role for a year after moving back to HW…dominated Buentello, beat Hunt & Goodridge, and was beating CC up before the nutshot DQ. And he KO’d Hari in K-1 too. Pretty busy and impressive for a 1 yr stretch…before getting hurt.

epic meh

its the best they can do but the fact remains, its brett rogers.

You'll be locked in, biatch...

I don't know if Werdum would make more sense?

But probably it would be too early to go fight in autum for Fabricio

Rogers is decent, but he can cause some trouble as he is quite big HW with great power.

Rogers is a bigger threat than Werdum IMO. Werdum's striking isn't much of a threat and he wouldn't be able to submit Fedor. Rogers on the other hand is much bigger than Fedor and can certainly knock him out.

polandprzem
08-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Damn I hate Milen :cuss

That interview was not hat great, Fedor said nothing new.
They should ask him why did he turned down the probably 5 milion and if it was a true with those milions? Ask him about ciontract and how much does he knows about all those negotiations.

ehhh nvm

shit all that :depressed

angelbelow
08-27-2009, 03:29 PM
well i know i will be excited to watch this fight. i still respect the fighter, maybe not his management or his decision to goto strikeforce but hes still fedor.

LEONARD
08-27-2009, 03:31 PM
well i know i will be excited to watch this fight. i still respect the fighter, maybe not his management or his decision to goto strikeforce but hes still fedor.

but it's cool to hate on Fedor now...and wish a violent KO on him!! Come on!! :nope

Evan
08-27-2009, 05:34 PM
You'll be locked in, biatch...

yeah but I watch everything

oligarchy
08-28-2009, 12:38 AM
LEONARD has the best takes. I wouldn't have guessed any of it.

I think Rogers should be the consensus #1. That 7-28 guy he fought; that national wrestling background; that awesome shape he comes in; that glass jaw he smashed.

TheTruth
08-28-2009, 05:45 AM
Leonard would defend Fedor fighting Kimbo.

I have showtime, and I probably won't even watch it live. MEH indeed.

LEONARD
08-28-2009, 08:36 AM
LEONARD has the best takes. I wouldn't have guessed any of it.

I think Rogers should be the consensus #1. That 7-28 guy he fought; that national wrestling background; that awesome shape he comes in; that glass jaw he smashed.

Solid points as always...

Wow, you think Rogers should be #1? That doesn't make any sense at all. I think you're in the minority there...

Fedor doesn't have a "national wrestling background"...I guess he sucks too.

Why do you think that Rogers isn't in shape? What are you basing that on? Oh wait I know...BMI...of course... :lol

Say what you want about Arlovski's jaw...Brett Rogers still plowed thru him faster than anybody ever has. I love how people rip on Arlovski instead of giving Rogers SOME credit. Arlovski had won 5 straight fights before Fedor and Rogers (including Werdum, Nelson, Rothwell, O'Brien...not a terrible list). Completely dismissing Arlovski is weak...

Leonard would defend Fedor fighting Kimbo.

I have showtime, and I probably won't even watch it live. MEH indeed.

You're lying...or you're not much of an MMA fan...maybe more of a UFC fan.

I certainly would not defend Fedor fighting Kimbo, or anybody of his caliber. Kimbo has nothing to do with Brett Rogers...

oligarchy
08-28-2009, 03:15 PM
LEONARD has to be a troll. No one can be that stupid.

Fedor at least had a solid martial arts background. Sambo is a martial art that he has ruled at for awhile, right? You should know your man crush.

Go shave your head, and watch that projector there big guy. DUDE IT'S HD IN A SMALL ROOM WHERE THE VIEWING DISTANCE ISN'T PROPER BUT MY FRIENDS LOVE IT. I GOT IT AT COSTCO, YO! WHO'S COMING OVER HOLMESeses? I USE SLANG BECAUSE I'M UNEDUCATED AND I SAY STUPID SHIT TO DEFEND FEDOR. WOOT! WOOT! HOLMESes.

LEONARD
08-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Mission accomplished... :rollin:lol

BlackSwordsMan
08-28-2009, 03:50 PM
fedor ''can crusher''

LEONARD
08-28-2009, 03:59 PM
fedor ''can crusher''

Hard to counter that one...damnit!!

dbreiden83080
08-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Go shave your head, and watch that projector there big guy. DUDE IT'S HD IN A SMALL ROOM WHERE THE VIEWING DISTANCE ISN'T PROPER BUT MY FRIENDS LOVE IT. I GOT IT AT COSTCO, YO! WHO'S COMING OVER HOLMESeses? I USE SLANG BECAUSE I'M UNEDUCATED AND I SAY STUPID SHIT TO DEFEND FEDOR. WOOT! WOOT! HOLMESes.

WOW!! :wow

LEONARD
08-28-2009, 08:37 PM
WOW!! :wow

It's hilarious how somebody that knows nothing about me make all kinds of ridiculous claims about me...I guess he thinks a few people might belive? Or maybe he's just fuckin' insane... :lol

dbreiden83080
08-28-2009, 09:03 PM
It's hilarious how somebody that knows nothing about me make all kinds of ridiculous claims about me...I guess he thinks a few people might belive? Or maybe he's just fuckin' insane... :lol

Yeah i gotta say to read the quotes it feels like you slept with his woman or never paid an old gambling debt.. :lol

I may disagree with you about Fedor but i don't have anything personal against someone, i know nothing personal about.. :lol

djohn14
08-28-2009, 09:07 PM
If Dan Miragliotta where here, this arguement would have been stopped long ago, maybe even prematurely

dbreiden83080
08-28-2009, 09:09 PM
If Dan Miragliotta where here, this arguement would have been stopped long ago, maybe even prematurely

:lmao:lmao:lmao

DJohn for the win..

oligarchy
08-28-2009, 09:37 PM
I don't have to believe it. The only fact I need is that you are a moron and use words like HOLMES. LOL. You believe Kyle Maynard can fight MMA. LOL. Rogers versus Fedor is an awesome fight and Overeem is definitely going to be an awesome fight -- just as a prediction of what you'll say when that fight is scheduled. Throw all logic and reasoning out the window.

Don't worry man; I'll support Kyle and his MMA endeavors. LHK!

LEONARD
08-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah i gotta say to read the quotes it feels like you slept with his woman or never paid an old gambling debt.. :lol

I may disagree with you about Fedor but i don't have anything personal against someone, i know nothing personal about.. :lol

He just makes it up as he goes...

I don't have to believe it. The only fact I need is that you are a moron and use words like HOLMES. LOL. You believe Kyle Maynard can fight MMA. LOL. Rogers versus Fedor is an awesome fight and Overeem is definitely going to be an awesome fight -- just as a prediction of what you'll say when that fight is scheduled. Throw all logic and reasoning out the window.

Don't worry man; I'll support Kyle and his MMA endeavors. LHK!

I said HOLMES one time in a sarcastic way, which you somehow turned that into me being an uneducated moron... (mechanical engineer, BTW)

Just like you saying I'm a fatass...WTF do you know? You're just making yourself look insane.

You've twisted the Kyle Maynard stuff all up from day one. Completely pointless to even address it again. You believe what you want to believe...your referring to Maynard is an absolute waste of time. I guess you think it discredits what I say in some way? I don't get it.

I've NEVER said Fedor vs Rogers is an "awesome fight" (again, you take what I say and twist it up). I've stated that Rogers is top 10 (fact), he's a legit threat (IMO), he's the best test Fedor will have had since Crocop in 2005 (IMO), and he's in the same tier as Carwin, Cain, Dos Santos (since we know about as much about all of them as of right now...IMO). You countered with babbling bullshit about no wrestling credentials, AA's glass jaw, etc. Where is YOUR logic and reasoning for saying that Rogers is "out of shape?" Back up what you say with SOMETHING. BTW, you missed a ton of sarcasm a few posts back before you went on the insane personal attack rant...

Overeem is also a threat and a solid matchup. He's been very good since he stopped cutting ridiculous weight to get to LHW. I think the only "awesome" fight for Fedor is Lesnar. Couture would be the next best thing just because it's Couture, but he would get annihilated at this point...

Evan
08-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Rogers is a legit threat to a degree and its likely the best fight we will ever see out of Fedor outside the UFC which is something I am sick of saying.

I like Rogers...I have been following his career since I saw highlights of him on on some blog when he used to fight for EFX but I don't think he offers much in the way of possibly defeating Fedor. While a true legit blue chip prospect, Rogers hasn't done shit aside from knocking out Arlovski so one fight doesn't make someones career. But it shows Rogers is fierce and doesn't know when he is supposed to lose.

Anyway...it will be fun to watch.

oligarchy
08-30-2009, 04:35 PM
He just makes it up as he goes...

I said HOLMES one time in a sarcastic way, which you somehow turned that into me being an uneducated moron... (mechanical engineer, BTW)

Just like you saying I'm a fatass...WTF do you know? You're just making yourself look insane.

You've twisted the Kyle Maynard stuff all up from day one. Completely pointless to even address it again. You believe what you want to believe...your referring to Maynard is an absolute waste of time. I guess you think it discredits what I say in some way? I don't get it.

I've NEVER said Fedor vs Rogers is an "awesome fight" (again, you take what I say and twist it up). I've stated that Rogers is top 10 (fact), he's a legit threat (IMO), he's the best test Fedor will have had since Crocop in 2005 (IMO), and he's in the same tier as Carwin, Cain, Dos Santos (since we know about as much about all of them as of right now...IMO). You countered with babbling bullshit about no wrestling credentials, AA's glass jaw, etc. Where is YOUR logic and reasoning for saying that Rogers is "out of shape?" Back up what you say with SOMETHING. BTW, you missed a ton of sarcasm a few posts back before you went on the insane personal attack rant...

Overeem is also a threat and a solid matchup. He's been very good since he stopped cutting ridiculous weight to get to LHW. I think the only "awesome" fight for Fedor is Lesnar. Couture would be the next best thing just because it's Couture, but he would get annihilated at this point...

Yes. I turn everything you say. I said Maynard is fucking idiot because he thinks he is fighting MMA. You say he is training in mma. How fucking dumb can you be? HE ISN'T TRAINING NOR WILL EVERY TRAIN MMA. How fucking dense are you? Use your intelligence and quantify it for us. Quantify how good Rogers is for beating AA and a guy that is 7-28. Quantify how great of shape he is compared to Tim Sylvia. You seriously need to reconsider if that Mechanical Engineering degree was worth it.

Just because someone is "RANKED", which is usually an OPINION and not based on a set of mathematical or empirical data, doesn't mean they are good. Look at boxing for the reasons why.

It's not babbling bullshit, when it's obvious that most of the top fighters have a long background in martial arts, be it sambo, wrestling, karate, etc. So that is babbling bullshit? I get it. You need to have no arms and legs to be a real martial artist. Sweet. Thanks HOLMES. You prove my points once again.

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 09:00 AM
Yes. I turn everything you say. I said Maynard is fucking idiot because he thinks he is fighting MMA. You say he is training in mma. How fucking dumb can you be? HE ISN'T TRAINING NOR WILL EVERY TRAIN MMA. How fucking dense are you? Use your intelligence and quantify it for us.

He trained in an MMA gym for his fight...that was my point. Most here joked about it and said he would get killed (which he didn’t). I said he’s a smart kid and he wouldn’t go into something that would result in him getting smashed. You specifically dismissed him as an “idiot” which is extremely short-sighted. He accomplished what he wanted to accomplish. End of discussion. I damn sure never said he would amount to anything in MMA. I said he might do ok in THAT fight due to his wrestling/grappling (didn’t know the opponent and we knew that striking would be limited at that point). Nothing more…

Quantify how good Rogers is for beating AA and a guy that is 7-28. Quantify how great of shape he is compared to Tim Sylvia. You seriously need to reconsider if that Mechanical Engineering degree was worth it.

What does Tim Sylvia have to do with Rogers? I guess you’re judging his condition based on physique? So he doesn’t look like Lesnar (who beat-up a 2-5 guy in his first fight, since we’re talking about 1st pro fights)…neither does Fedor. You act like he’s Ricco Rodriguez or Tank Abbott…

http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/060609arlovskirogers/1018.jpg

He’s just a big dude. Doesn’t mean he’s out of shape. You certainly don’t know that he is anyway. At least you haven’t provided anything that shows you do??? All I’m saying is we haven’t seen anything that would lead us to believe he doesn’t have a decent gas tank.

Just because someone is "RANKED", which is usually an OPINION and not based on a set of mathematical or empirical data, doesn't mean they are good. Look at boxing for the reasons why.

Actually, BE's consensus rankings are mathematical in nature...and about as good as rankings can be done IMO.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/rankings/heavyweight

Based on the premise that all MMA rankings are subjective but that it’s still useful and informative to know who the online MMA community as a whole ranks as the best fighters in MMA, we collect and average the rankings of the top MMA websites to produce our consensus rankings. Show more »

We compile the top MMA rankings from each of our sources and award 25 points for a first place ranking, 16 for a 10th place ranking, 1 for a 25th place ranking. A formula is used to “normalize” the data so all fighters are awarded points from those lists that do not include a full 25 fighters. This formula ensures that each ranking site awards the same number of total points regardless of how many fighters they choose to rank. Each fighter’s total is divided by the number of possible points to determine their standing in the Consensus Rankings.

Perhaps you weren’t aware of how they’re done?

So based on what we know about Rogers at this point, MOST feel he's pretty good...and worthy of being in the top 10. You may disagree, but the “experts” from various MMA sites don’t.

It's not babbling bullshit, when it's obvious that most of the top fighters have a long background in martial arts, be it sambo, wrestling, karate, etc. So that is babbling bullshit? I get it. You need to have no arms and legs to be a real martial artist. Sweet. Thanks HOLMES. You prove my points once again.

Sweet...another Maynard reference...I've been discredited once again!! Damnit!! :lol

You don't have to have a LONG martial arts or wrestling background to be good. Dismissing him because he doesn’t have a “national wrestling” background is weak. So he grew up on the streets of Chicago and then learned to fight in an MMA gym. Doesn’t matter to me…

Soul_Patch
08-31-2009, 09:24 AM
when is this happening?

oligarchy
08-31-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm A r3tarD!

You're the one who babbles bullshit. HE DIDN'T FIGHT AN MMA FIGHT. IF YOU CHANGE ALL THE RULES TO MAKE IT A GRAPPLING MATCH. IT'S NOT AN MMA FIGHT. HE DIDN'T TRAIN MMA. What point of that don't you get? haha.. you are seriously the world's biggest idiot. Only a fucking idiot like you would think a man with no arms and no legs can compete in an mma match. Yes, he is an IDIOT. I don't care how much you love his cock. HE WOULD GET SMASHED IF HE FOUGHT MMA. HE DIDN'T FIGHT MMA.

Those rankings take an arbitrary forumla of ranking opinion based rankings and that is somehow is a mathematical truth? Again, you are the BRIGHTEST. I hope America's education isn't being shown by your ineptitude. I hope you are just pretending to be an ME, I'd suspect you have a mental handicap based on your reasoning.

2-5 is the same as 7-28. Check HOLMES.

Ricco Rodriguez also smashed AA. Funny you bring that up.

How about you take a poll and compare Carwin or Lesnar to Rogers and see who people say is out of shape. kthxbye.

I said it's been proven that a strong martial arts background means something. I'll add "Grew up on the mean streets of Chicago" when I look at prospects. Fuck you're dumb.

No wonder you think your kid is actually yours and your wife isn't cheating. LOL. Ignorance is bliss HOLMES. Go Maynard!

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 10:30 AM
You're the one who babbles bullshit. HE DIDN'T FIGHT AN MMA FIGHT. IF YOU CHANGE ALL THE RULES TO MAKE IT A GRAPPLING MATCH. IT'S NOT AN MMA FIGHT. HE DIDN'T TRAIN MMA. What point of that don't you get? haha.. you are seriously the world's biggest idiot. Only a fucking idiot like you would think a man with no arms and no legs can compete in an mma match. Yes, he is an IDIOT. I don't care how much you love his cock. HE WOULD GET SMASHED IF HE FOUGHT MMA. HE DIDN'T FIGHT MMA.

That wasn’t the first time there has been an MMA match with modified rules. Call it want you want…he accomplished what he set out to accomplish. He didn’t get smashed like everybody said he would.

Those rankings take an arbitrary forumla of ranking opinion based rankings and that is somehow is a mathematical truth? Again, you are the BRIGHTEST. I hope America's education isn't being shown by your ineptitude. I hope you are just pretending to be an ME, I'd suspect you have a mental handicap based on your reasoning.

You said they weren’t mathematical, but they’re as mathematical as RANKINGS (which are based on opinions AND results) can be. FACT: Experts agree that Rogers is a top 10 HW. You don’t…fine.

2-5 is the same as 7-28. Check HOLMES.

I never said they were the same did I? Both suck…but the 7-28 guy at least has some experience. My point is that you’re ripping Rogers for fighting a 7-28 guy a year before Lesnar fought his 2-5 guy. Who fucking cares! Rogers fighting a 7-28 guy in his first fight has ZERO impact on who he is as a fighter today, yet you referenced that fight in your attempt to downgrade him. Genius.

Ricco Rodriguez also smashed AA. Funny you bring that up.

Funny you bring up Ricco of 8 yrs ago when I was clearly referencing fatass out of shape Ricco today. Genius.

How about you take a poll and compare Carwin or Lesnar to Rogers and see who people say is out of shape. kthxbye.

Kthxbye? Seriously? :lol

Where did I say that Rogers is in the same condition as Lesnar or Carwin? You just continue to pull your own conclusions from everything I say.

Where is your proof that he’s out of shape?

I said it's been proven that a strong martial arts background means something. I'll add "Grew up on the mean streets of Chicago" when I look at prospects. Fuck you're dumb.

I agree that a strong martial arts / wrestling background is typically a good start…but it’s not a requirement and isn’t a reason to downgrade a guy.

No wonder you think your kid is actually yours and your wife isn't cheating. LOL. Ignorance is bliss HOLMES. Go Maynard!

Um…wow…

Once again, acting like you know me. You must have a pathetic life to say something like that to somebody you don’t even know…

oligarchy
08-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Again. You're a fucking idiot. People didn't even know the rules until the day of the fight or the day before. So, they were saying he would get smashed, which he would have if he would have fought an MMA match. Try to understand the words that I am typing. I know it's hard.

Rankings aren't mathematical. What don't you get? You are saying one site that uses mathematics to align a bunch of opinions is now mathematical. That site isn't using matematics as an exclusive of opinions to rank those fighters. You sir, are a genius.

Yes because comparing Lesnars first match of 2-5 is the same. Because he hasn't been fighting guys before his FIFTH fight that have been former champions is close in comparison. Gotcha GENIUS.

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Pointless

oligarchy
08-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Indeed. You're too stupid to comprehend. Go post some BE or FL links.

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Indeed. You're too stupid to comprehend. Go post some BE or FL links.

Of course...that's all I do according to you and Mr Dio...good company!!

So uh, what exactly do you contribute to this forum? Aside from negativity, bad picks, and made-up personal insults towards me?

oligarchy
08-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Of course...that's all I do according to you and Mr Dio...good company!!

So uh, what exactly do you contribute to this forum? Aside from negativity, bad picks, and made-up personal insults towards me?

Negativity? Towards you? I just call you on your stupidity.

Bad Picks? Am I to win something? Is this a competition? I merely choose who I want to win. Is that hard for you to comprehend? As I've stated before and has held true, you can go back and look at the betting odds for all the events. If I were to choose those who have the better odds, I could be in the lead. Sweet. I'd be soooo super duper cool and could post stuff like "IM IN THE LEAD BITCHES." So what difference does it make? I'm simply stating who I like to win.

E.g., Couture is better for the sport if he wins because people adore him. It garners more fans. Maia would have been better to win because Marquardt will get smashed again, and at least if Maia gets Silva to the ground he actually might win. Etc. Etc.

I'm glad you have no negativity and bring tons too.

You're just so full of MMA intelligence you can't simply state that Maynard trying his hand at MMA is pathetic and a digrace to the sport. No, that would be too simple. You simply can't say that it's a travesty that Fedor didn't sign with the UFC, you have to spin how signing with SF isn't bad.

You just spew utter nonsensical babble or pose your stances so you can weasel out of them. I'm going to call you France, because you don't have the balls to stand on one side of the line or the other. No wonder someone invaded your poontang. France.

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Negativity in general...

Sounds like a good excuse for making shitty picks.

More Maynard...sweet.

I've stated that I would prefer that Fedor be in the UFC but 3 fights in SF isn't the end of the world because they have enough competition to keep him busy against good guys for that period of time.

What line are you referring to exactly?

angelbelow
08-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Negativity? Towards you? I just call you on your stupidity.

Bad Picks? Am I to win something? Is this a competition? I merely choose who I want to win. Is that hard for you to comprehend? As I've stated before and has held true, you can go back and look at the betting odds for all the events. If I were to choose those who have the better odds, I could be in the lead. Sweet. I'd be soooo super duper cool and could post stuff like "IM IN THE LEAD BITCHES." So what difference does it make? I'm simply stating who I like to win.

E.g., Couture is better for the sport if he wins because people adore him. It garners more fans. Maia would have been better to win because Marquardt will get smashed again, and at least if Maia gets Silva to the ground he actually might win. Etc. Etc.

I'm glad you have no negativity and bring tons too.

You're just so full of MMA intelligence you can't simply state that Maynard trying his hand at MMA is pathetic and a digrace to the sport. No, that would be too simple. You simply can't say that it's a travesty that Fedor didn't sign with the UFC, you have to spin how signing with SF isn't bad.

You just spew utter nonsensical babble or pose your stances so you can weasel out of them. I'm going to call you France, because you don't have the balls to stand on one side of the line or the other. No wonder someone invaded your poontang. France.

I am not sure where your attitude towards Leonard stems from but please do not highjack the thread.

oligarchy
08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
:ihit Maynard will own you all day man. He'd smash you.

Yes. Luckily, I've never stated the same. You got me France, because you can't read.

Yes. That was exactly your stance in the topic of Fedor signing. You didn't come out and say "I think it would be better if he signed with the UFC." You came out and defended SF's stable of fighters from EVERYBODY who posts here on this board. You defended each of the Heaveyweights and said UFC had no competition for him by listing an article that debunked the UFC heavyweight stable and made your own list to dismiss them as well. I guess I understand by reading that, that everyone should know HOW you think FEDOR should be in the UFC. That conversation alone makes it all too clear France.

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
I am not sure where your attitude towards Leonard stems from

That makes 2 of us...

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 12:08 PM
:ihit Maynard will own you all day man. He'd smash you.

Yes. Luckily, I've never stated the same. You got me France, because you can't read.

Yes. That was exactly your stance in the topic of Fedor signing. You didn't come out and say "I think it would be better if he signed with the UFC." You came out and defended SF's stable of fighters from EVERYBODY who posts here on this board. You defended each of the Heaveyweights and said UFC had no competition for him by listing an article that debunked the UFC heavyweight stable and made your own list to dismiss them as well. I guess I understand by reading that, that everyone should know HOW you think FEDOR should be in the UFC. That conversation alone makes it all too clear France.

Here was my initial response to Fedor signing with SF...

Bummer, but not shocking...

I'm interested in Overeem, Rogers, and Werdum...and Barnett in Japan (I'm sure). I'm pissed that we don't get to see Fedor expose Lesnar, but the guys he'll be fighting are in the same group with most of the other guys the UFC has to offer (right now at least). The UFC has some nice up and coming fighters, but it's not like the stash of guys are much better than what SF can throw at him.

Lesnar - would love to see it due to the hype factor, but there is still a lot we don't know about Lesnar
Couture - give me a break...not at this point in his career
Mir - severely over-rated after beating a depleted Nog...Lesnar proved that
Carwin - love Carwin, but he's got some big holes in his game (Gonzaga almost exposed them). He could matchup well with Lesnar though based on having similar strengths and weaknesses.
Cain - great chin and wrestling, but not much else at this point. Kongo torched him standing.
Gonzaga - no heart
Dos Santos - we'll see
Nog - already beat him, no interest
CC - already beat him, no interest (Dos Santos is going to end this UFC run I'm afraid)

"most of the other guys"...that is, aside from Lesnar...and I said MOST. Carwin and Cain are up there too but both have huge holes that Fedor could expose. As for the rest...

I was right about Mir.

Couture has nothing for Fedor at this point.

No interest in Nog or CC.

So where exactly did I get so crazy that you decided to fabricate personal attacks on myself and my family??

oligarchy
08-31-2009, 12:11 PM
I've stated that I would prefer that Fedor be in the UFC

Where does it state that? I don't see it.

The point is YOU don't know how Fedor would do against ANY of those guys. You thought CroCop would be the UFC heavyweight champion.

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Where does it state that? I don't see it.

The point is YOU don't know how Fedor would do against ANY of those guys. You thought CroCop would be the UFC heavyweight champion.

and so did everybody else...but the CC that came to the UFC wasn't the same...

I'm not digging up every f'n quote...I didn't say it in that quote, but I've said it several times. I would love for nothing more than to see Fedor in the UFC...

I know that Randy, Nog, and Mir for sure have nothing for Fedor...the others for the most part are guys early in their career that we don't know too much about yet (like Rogers). Doesn't mean they're not dangerous or the next big thing...not far enough along to tell.

Evan
08-31-2009, 12:22 PM
You thought CroCop would be the UFC heavyweight champion.

I figured he would retire with the belt. UFC HW division was beyond pathetic at that time.

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 12:25 PM
I figured he would retire with the belt. UFC HW division was beyond pathetic at that time.

No Evan...it was JUST me!! I'm the fucking idiot here...get it right...

Evan
08-31-2009, 12:42 PM
When CC signed there was not a blog, forum or site that didn't have a "who will compete for the UFC heavyweight title once CC takes it" type story/thread going.

Evan
08-31-2009, 12:45 PM
When CC signed there was not a blog, forum or site that didn't have a "who will compete for the UFC heavyweight title once CC takes it" type story/thread going.

and Vera was the consistent pick btw...

oligarchy
08-31-2009, 01:01 PM
That's the point of what I am saying. Thanks for making my point. I didn't call you an idiot for picking CropCop to mow through the UFC HW division. I believe I said the same. I'm saying you are dismissing the UFC divison AGAIN by saying none of them pose a threat. E.g., Mir, Couture, etc.

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 01:15 PM
That's the point of what I am saying. Thanks for making my point. I didn't call you an idiot for picking CropCop to mow through the UFC HW division. I believe I said the same. I'm saying you are dismissing the UFC divison AGAIN by saying none of them pose a threat. E.g., Mir, Couture, etc.

Mir, Nog, CC, and Couture are not threats...

Lesnar, Cain, and Carwin are threats...Rogers is a threat...Overeem is a threat. I feel that Fedor is better than all of them RIGHT NOW...but they're threats.

oligarchy
08-31-2009, 01:26 PM
That's your opinion. I'm saying you're shorting the competition.

Couture, Mir, and Nog >> Rogers and Overeem.

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 01:29 PM
We know what Couture, Nog, CC, and Mir are at this point. Why discuss Nog or CC with Fedor? Couture had nothing for Nog...Mir is vastly over-rated for knee-bar'ing a green Lesnar and beating a depleted Nog. He's not even in the conversation.

We don't know what Rogers is really, but he's looked good so far...so he's a threat. Overeem is more established (at HW) than Rogers...and certainly a threat to KO anybody.

oligarchy
08-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Rogers and Overeem are as much of a threat as Couture, Mir, CC, or Nog. If you are dismissing those guys, you are dismissing Rogers and Overeem.

Do you believe Rogers or Overeem would beat Couture, Nog, or Mir? If so, who beats who?

You're saying Mir is overrated but Rogers and Overeem aren't? KO Derf.

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Rogers and Overeem are as much of a threat as Couture, Mir, CC, or Nog. If you are dismissing those guys, you are dismissing Rogers and Overeem.

Do you believe Rogers or Overeem would beat Couture, Nog, or Mir? If so, who beats who?

You're saying Mir is overrated but Rogers and Overeem aren't? KO Derf.

Fedor will never fight Nog or CC again...so there is no point in discussing it. He already beat both when they were at the top of their game.

Rogers or Overeem have the ability to KO Fedor. Randy and Mir don't.

It's all about matchups. Just because I think Randy and Mir aren't a threat to Fedor doesn’t mean I’m saying that Rogers or Overeem would definitely beat them. Yes, they could knock them out, but Mir could (and probably would) sub Rogers (but not Fedor)…Couture could get Overeem down and do his thing (not Fedor, or he’d get sub’d / reversed if he did get a takedown).

oligarchy
08-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Okie Dokie. I think I'm losing your whole argument here about UFC not having more threats then if we are going to narrow the scope of "threat" to people who could KO Fedor.

So, Rogers and Overeem are only a threat to KO Fedor, nothing else.

Dos Santos, Carwin, Kongo, Cain, Duffee are also threats to KO Fedor.

LEONARD
08-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Cain's stand-up was really lacking against Kongo...but he does at least possess the power I suppose. Just not all that likely.

Carwin and Dos Santos sure. Duffee...who knows at this point...he KO'd a slug with a left jab. He's not even in the discussion. Kongo has nice striking, but he loses every big fight he gets (except for CC).

dbreiden83080
08-31-2009, 02:03 PM
For me the point is, that yes while, some of these guys are not huge threats to Fedor in the UFC, at least it would be an event to watch him take on somebody like a Kongo. In SF nobody is going to see the man fight, regardless of competiton, unless they go out and sign Lesnar tomorrow.. GSP is going to fight the winner of Swick/Kampman down the road. Would anybody watch that fight if it were in SF, other than die hard fans like me? Nope.. Fedor not fighting on the big stage, where he would get the most recognition for his accomplishments, is hurting his legacy..