PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson On Twitter: Grizzlies Made Guard Another Offer Tuesday

duncan228
08-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Allen Iverson on Twitter: Grizzlies made guard another offer Tuesday (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/aug/26/allen-iverson-twitter-grizzlies-made-guard-another/)
By Ronald Tillery, Memphis Commercial Appeal

Free-agent guard Allen Iverson is back on Twitter, and his latest entry is all about Memphis.

The veteran guard wrote: "Well I am about to begin another workout session. Agent informed me that Memphis made us an offer on yesterday. Stay tuned."

Iverson has been a person of interest for the Griz most of the offseason. A team source indicated the Griz originally made Iverson a one-year, $5 million offer. But Iverson reportedly was weighing interest from Miami and Charlotte.

“We have a strong level of interest in him and we’ve made that clear to him,” Griz general manager Chris Wallace said. “But I’m not going to confirm or deny (Iverson’s Twitter entry). … The whole thing has been ongoing since the beginning of free agency. I think it’ll reach a head over the next couple of weeks. I’d look for him to pick a team by then.”

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 06:01 PM
I think he should go to Miami. He would be ok there.

23LeBronJames23
08-26-2009, 07:46 PM
I think he should go to Miami. He would be ok there.

+1. he would be a starting PG too

gaKNOW!blee
08-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Go to Charlotte

VivaPopovich
08-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Hey idiot: go back to larry brown where you belong

angelbelow
08-27-2009, 02:12 AM
doesnt seem like the heat want him

Chieflion
08-27-2009, 04:15 AM
doesnt seem like the heat want him
Heat management obviously wants to stay away from AI as he would take the ball away from Wade, hinder Chalmers and Beasley's development and be a locker room cancer and show a bad example by not showing up for practice.

duncan228
08-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Iverson to Memphis? GM not confirming offer (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-grizzlies-iverson&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Teresa M. Walker

The Memphis Grizzlies general manager refuses to confirm whether the team has made a formal offer to Allen Iverson.

Iverson tweeted Wednesday that Memphis had made him an offer, and ESPN.com reported general manager Chris Wallace confirmed the Grizzlies had made a formal offer. But Wallace Thursday through a team spokesman would only say he did not confirm an offer to ESPN.com.

“We have had a strong level of interest in Allen Iverson since the beginning of free agency and we have made that very clear to him,” Wallace said in a statement.

Iverson’s agent, Leon Rose, did not immediately return a message left at his office by The Associated Press on Thursday.

anonoftheinternets
08-27-2009, 03:47 PM
what happened to all that larry brown talk? He might be a better fit in charlotte ...

Morg1411
08-27-2009, 04:59 PM
hey idiot: Go back to larry brown where you belong

+1

Bob Lanier
08-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Newspapers pay these idiots to copy and paste from some website that bills itself for "twits"?

:lol, American media

BeeGee
08-28-2009, 12:17 PM
:vomit: Twitter posts.