PDA

View Full Version : NBA Power Rankings, Spurs #1

Clutch City 01
08-26-2009, 07:28 PM
The offseason has been anything but a period of downtime for the NBA's top teams. Several contenders have made bold moves in an attempt to unseat the Lakers, who themselves have rolled the dice by signing Ron Artest Let's take a look at how the league stacks up with about five weeks left until the start of training camp.

NBA Power Rankings

1 San Antonio Spurs

After failing to get out of the first round for the first time since 2000, the Spurs have spent big to reposition themselves as title contenders. In exceeding the luxury-tax threshold, the Spurs reloaded with small forward Richard Jefferson and power forward Antonio McDyess. They also drafted rebounder DeJuan Blair in the second round. Tim Duncan (who struggled with knee problems down the stretch) and Manu Ginobili (who sat out the playoffs with an ankle injury) need healthy seasons, but if that happens, watch out.

2 Cleveland Cavaliers

Shaquille O'Neal was the headline acquisition, but don't overlook the additions of Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon. Parker is exactly the kind of stretch-the-floor shooter Cleveland needed, and the versatile Moon is a capable backup at both small forward and shooting guard. The Cavs could use a perimeter big man (Leon Powe isn't it), but their firepower makes them one scary offensive team.

3 Los Angeles Lakers

You can't argue that the Trevor Ariza-for-Ron Artest swap doesn't look good on paper. But as I've said before, I have my reservations about Artest -- which explains why the defending champions are No. 3 on this list. Will the 29-year-old forward accept a complementary role? Will he play within the offense and control his shot selection?

4 Boston Celtics

The Celtics understand they have a two-year window to win and are loading up accordingly. Rasheed Wallace is the perfect fit as the first big man off the bench. After spending the '09 postseason scrambling for power players amid myriad injuries, Boston is now forest-thick in that department with Kevin Garnett, Kendrick Perkins, Wallace, Glen Davis and Shelden Williams. The Celtics still could use a backup point guard, but they can grab a capable one off the free-agent scrap heap anytime.

5 Orlando Magic

Are they printing money at Amway Arena? First the Magic traded for Vince Carter and the two years and $33.6 million remaining on his contract. Then they stunned everyone by matching Dallas' five-year, $34 million offer sheet for backup center Marcin Gortat, and added more depth by giving forward Brandon Bass $18 million over four years. Getting out of the East will likely be tougher than it was last year, but the Magic are acting like they are up for the task.

6 Portland Trail Blazers

The Trail Blazers are young, deep and talented, and last season they took their obligatory first-timer lumps in the playoffs. In other words, they would be contenders this season even without Andre Miller. Still, having a savvy point guard like Miller to orchestrate the offense should help a team that finished 19th in assists last season. In addition, small forward Martell Webster (10.7 points in '07-08) is set to return after missing all but one game last season.

7 Denver Nuggets

The top five scorers will be back, as will valuable reserve big man Chris Andersen. But the Nuggets were dealt a blow to their defense when Dahntay Jones signed with Indiana and their outside shooting took a hit when Linas Kleiza signed with Greek team Olympiakos. Newcomer Arron Afflalo could help replace Jones, while free agent Wally Szczerbiak remains a possibility as a shooter off the bench.

8 Washington Wizards

Assuming Gilbert Arenas is healthy -- a big if for a player who has had three knee surgeries and appeared in only 15 games over the last two seasons -- the Wizards should rocket near the top of the East. New coach Flip Saunders will maximize the Wizards' offensive potential, which is bigger thanks to the additions of Mike Miller and Randy Foye. When Washington is clicking, few teams will be able to keep pace.

9 Dallas Mavericks

A busy offseason has left a number of questions. Forward Shawn Marion is a nice addition, but where does he fit in the lineup? At 36, what does Jason Kidd have left in the tank? Can the Mavs match up at the power positions with the West's elite? Dallas appears headed for another 50-win season and an early exit in the playoffs.

10 New Orleans Hornets

Emeka Okafor may lack Tyson Chandler's athleticism, but the former Bobcat will give the Hornets a bit more offense in the post. A big key for the Hornets will be whether they can get more from the 32-year-old Peja Stojakovic, who averaged 13.3 points (his lowest since '99-00) and shot only 39.9 percent in an injury-plagued season.

11 Atlanta Hawks

Coming off their best season in 11 years, the Hawks retained their key free agents -- Mike Bibby, Marvin Williams and Zaza Pachulia (with Josh Childress remaining in Greece) -- and added more backcourt options in Jamal Crawford and rookie Jeff Teague. The problem is that the three teams that finished ahead of them in the East -- Cleveland, Boston and Orlando -- haven't come back to the pack.

12 Utah Jazz

Utah essentially has the same core as last season (after re-signing Paul Millsap and extending Mehmet Okur's contract), but that might not last long. The Jazz will continue to field offers for Carlos Boozer, who will become a free agent after the season. If Utah can deal Boozer for some help at the wing positions (a trade would free up the power forward position for Millsap), it could contend for the No. 5 seed.

13 Philadelphia 76ers

Can new coach Eddie Jordan harness a healthy Elton Brand's talent? The answer to that question will probably determine how far Philadelphia goes. The Sixers will get a boost from the return of skilled backup power forward Jason Smith, who missed all of last season with a knee injury. Now if they can only figure out who will play point guard.

14 Phoenix Suns

They may have enough to sneak into the playoffs, but that will depend on All-Star forward Amar'e Stoudemire and his comeback from eye surgery. If Stoudemire can return to form (he averaged 21.4 points and 8.1 rebounds in 53 games last season), the up-tempo Suns have their inside complement to the perimeter scoring of Steve Nash, Jason Richardson, Leandro Barbosa and Grant Hill.

15 Detroit Pistons

Meet the new offensive-minded Pistons. With Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva joining Rip Hamilton, Rodney Stuckey and Tayshaun Prince, and with offensive guru John Kuester drawing up the plays as the new head coach, Detroit will put up points in bunches. But can they stop the other team from scoring them?

16 Miami Heat

Miami this summer preserved its cap space for 2010 but didn't do much to help Dwyane Wade this season. That means the Heat will be counting on a big season from Jermaine O'Neal. They will need to be patient with Michael Beasley, who reportedly checked into a rehab facility for treatment recently.

17 Chicago Bulls

A healthy Luol Deng should help cushion the loss of Ben Gordon, whose fourth-quarter scoring will be missed. Quiet in the offseason, the Bulls will rely on the development of Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas as they try to build on last season's dramatic first-round playoff series against the Celtics.

18 Toronto Raptors

The Hedo Turkoglu-Chris Bosh-Andrea Bargnani front line isn't exactly Bird-McHale-Parish, but it should be a formidable one in the East. Jarrett Jack will ease point guard Jose Calderon's load, and rookie shooting guard DeMar DeRozan is an impressive prospect. GM Bryan Colangelo won't be shy in trying to further upgrade the roster as he knows this is his last chance to make an impression on free-agent-to-be Bosh.

19 Golden State Warriors

Defense will be an issue, of course, but with their offensive capabilities, a playoff run isn't out of the question. Keep an eye on Anthony Randolph, who dominated at summer league. Is the second-year forward ready to make a big impact playing against better competition?

20 Oklahoma City Thunder

On paper, OKC looks to be a year or two away from contending for the playoffs. But don't rule it out: Kevin Durant has two years of experience as a No. 1 option, Russell Westbrook looked phenomenal at the USA Basketball camp and smooth rookie James Harden should contribute immediately at shooting guard, a team weakness last season. Whether the Thunder can hold their own on the interior remains to be seen.

21 New York Knicks

Do the Knicks wish they could fast-forward to the summer of 2010? Yes. Could they make some noise this season? Possibly. The dried-up market likely means restricted free agents David Lee and Nate Robinson will be back, and Darko Milicic will help more than Quentin Richardson did. If restricted free agent Ramon Sessions signs to give Chris Duhon some help at point guard, the Knicks could surprise some people.

22 Houston Rockets

David Andersen will fit in nicely in Rick Adelman's offense and Aaron Brooks shows promise at point guard, but there are simply too many holes in Houston's lineup. With Ron Artest gone and Yao Ming (foot) and Tracy McGrady (knee) sidelined, the Rockets' leading returning scorer is Luis Scola (12.7 points).

23 Los Angeles Clippers

This being the Clippers, something figures to go wrong by December. But this is a potentially interesting team because of the mix of young talent (Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Al Thornton) and veterans (Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, Marcus Camby). Davis' health, as always, will be key.

24 Indiana Pacers

If Roy Hibbert becomes an impact center in his second year, if Mike Dunleavy can play a full season in his return from a knee injury and if lottery pick Tyler Hansbrough can be a factor as a rookie, Indiana could be all right. But the chances of all that happening are pretty slim for the Pacers, who have added several role players (including Hansbrough, Dahntay Jones, Earl Watson and Solomon Jones) while losing guards Jarrett Jack (13.1 points) and Marquis Daniels (13.6 points).

25 Charlotte Bobcats

Tyson Chandler should help defensively if he can find a way to stay on the court after undergoing ankle and toe surgeries in the offseason. But the Bobcats are still a woefully inept scoring team and Chandler won't do anything to help that. Allen Iverson reportedly wants to sign with Larry Brown and Charlotte, which finished last in scoring in 2008-09.

26 Minnesota Timberwolves

New GM David Kahn overhauled the backcourt in his first offseason on the job, dealing Randy Foye, Mike Miller and Sebastian Telfair and replacing them with rookies Jonny Flynn, Wayne Ellington and the still-unsigned Ricky Rubio. The frontcourt is more stable with Al Jefferson returning from a torn ACL and Kevin Love ready to become a full-time starter in his second season.

27 Memphis Grizzlies

So let me get this straight: O.J. Mayo, Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay are going to play together? That's three guys who ranked in the top 30 in shot attempts per game last season. And Memphis also flirted with signing Allen Iverson? The Grizzlies might break the record for fewest assists in a season.

28 Milwaukee Bucks

Milwaukee lost its second- and third-leading scorers (Richard Jefferson and Charlie Villanueva), while its No. 1 scorer (Michael Redd) and top rebounder (Andrew Bogut) are returning from major injuries. And it's possible that part-time starting point guard Ramon Sessions could walk as a free agent. Coach Scott Skiles will keep the defense playing at a high level, but points will be hard to come by.

29 New Jersey Nets

All-Rookie center Brook Lopez should be even better in his second year -- the Nets plan to feature him more in the offense -- and Courtney Lee joins All-Star point guard Devin Harris to form an athletic and tough defensive backcourt. But the Nets will struggle to score without Vince Carter, who averaged 23.6 points in four-plus seasons in New Jersey.

30 Sacramento Kings

Tyreke Evans looked like the real deal in summer league, but the raw 19-year-old point guard will need at least a full season to figure out the NBA game. New coach Paul Westphal will have his hands full getting this team to rebound and defend. Looks like another long season in Sacto.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/chris_mannix/08/25/offseason.rankings/index.html?eref=T1#ixzz0PE6b32Q2

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Yikes.

IronMexican
08-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Clipps > Rocks

23LeBronJames23
08-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Clipps > Rocks

okc>rocks

Banzai
08-26-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/boxman_is_not_amused.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1937)

08-26-2009, 08:21 PM
spurs over the lakers i can understand but cavs at second is retarded.

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 08:23 PM
I cannot understand any of it to be honest. There is absolutely no way you can have the Lakers not number 1.

ThePop
08-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Champs should always be #1. Except maybe the Heat a few years ago

23LeBronJames23
08-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Spurs at 1 is retarded all that spurs did this offseason is get Dick Jefferson.

it should be
1.Cavaliers
2.Lakers
3.Magic
4.Celtics
5.Spurms

pauls931
08-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Spurs win the West next year and I'll never post here again.

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Spurs win the West next year and I'll never post here again.

If it is not the Lakers, the Spurs would probably be the smartest bet. I would be careful with foolish bets such as these.

KSeal
08-26-2009, 08:54 PM

it should be
1.Cavaliers
2.Lakers
3.Magic
4.Celtics
5.Spurms

All your team did was get Shaq's corpse and a couple scrubs. Why should you be ahead of LA, SA or Orlando?

pauls931
08-26-2009, 09:00 PM
If it is not the Lakers, the Spurs would probably be the smartest bet. I would be careful with foolish bets such as these.

I still view the Lakers as several notches above every one else, I'd be willing to have to live on another board if the spurs somehow knocked them off.

mystargtr34
08-26-2009, 09:01 PM
If we are talking about the paper championship, the Spurs are probably number 1. The Lakers are still clearly number 1.

Cry Havoc
08-26-2009, 09:22 PM
1. Boston
2. LA
3. SA
4. Orlando
5. Cleveland

BUMP
08-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Until proven otherwise

Lakers,Blazers, Nuggets > Spurs

If you remember at the end of last year, those 3 were head and shoulders above San Antonio and thats only in the West.

I would say Dallas is better, but I don't feel like getting hit with a barrage of Baron Davis/Dwayne Wade pictures at the moment

23LeBronJames23
08-26-2009, 09:33 PM
our team was #1 for the season. now since they added old shaqy who can own Dwight and hopefully put up 18pts 8rebs like last year. and they added anthony parker a pretty descent 3pt shooter then they got moon an alright dunker and the last was Powe who has championship expirience.

Now LA switched Ariza for Artest in which i think was not a good move because Ariza was like ur clutch player he always made steals and hustle plays right when ur team needed it.

So LA and Cavs i think are the 2 best right now

BUMP
08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
our team was #1 for the season. now since they added old shaqy who can own Dwight and hopefully put up 18pts 8rebs like last year. and they added anthony parker a pretty descent 3pt shooter then they got moon an alright dunker and the last was Powe who has championship expirience.

Now LA switched Ariza for Artest in which i think was not a good move because Ariza was like ur clutch player he always made steals and hustle plays right when ur team needed it.

For once, I actually agree with you

Findog
08-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Wiz > Mavericks :lol

That team is gonna score 110 a game and give up 115

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Until proven otherwise

If you remember at the end of last year, those 3 were head and shoulders above San Antonio and thats only in the West.

I would say Dallas is better, but I don't feel like getting hit with a barrage of Baron Davis/Dwayne Wade pictures at the moment

Nope. The Blazers and Nuggets were not head and shoulders above the Spurs, only the Lakers. The Spurs were better than the other two and injuries took their toll. Spurs with their injuries still had the same record as the other two.

If you want to say you don't trust the injuries, then fine. But if we are assuming health, Spurs are only behind the Lakers.

23LeBronJames23
08-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Wiz > Mavericks :lol

That team is gonna score 110 a game and give up 115

+1
i think they put the wizards a little bit too high without seeing a game how arenas play after injury. i think he gonna have to play like last year Wade was playing in order to get high seed in the playoffs

just my opinion

KidCongo
08-26-2009, 09:55 PM
spurs over the lakers i can understand but cavs at second is retarded.

Get your head out of your ass. Spurs have more what ifs to answer than the Cavaliers.

SonOfAGun
08-26-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't think non-spurs fans understands the number of holes that were filled this off-season.

(no homo)

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Lakers
Celtics
Cavs
Orlando
Spurs

23LeBronJames23
08-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I don't think non-spurs fans understands the number of holes that were filled this off-season.

(no homo)

maybe your right because last year spurs had alot of their players injured and they were still pretty good and since they added some more talent. so if their players wont be injured than they could be next to the lakers in the west.

polysylab1k
08-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Get your head out of your ass. Spurs have more what ifs to answer than the Cavaliers.
Cavs aren't being any different than the previously season if Shaq fails to fit in or gets traded due to that. It's all dependent on if Shaq is willing to subdue himself into Crab's dictatorship as a servant.

Ghazi
08-26-2009, 10:09 PM
1. LA
2. BOS
3. CLE
4. DAL
5. ORL
6. SA
7. PORT
8. DEN
9. NOLA
10. UTAH

homer factor :)!

z0sa
08-26-2009, 10:10 PM
the Spurs will be #30 at season's end, yknow, the last team standing.

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 10:11 PM
This season is going to be so dirty.

BlackSwordsMan
08-26-2009, 10:13 PM
spurs suck
fuck those guys

BUMP
08-26-2009, 10:16 PM

(no homo)

your bench still sucks

BlackSwordsMan
08-26-2009, 10:16 PM
marion> manu ginobili

FkLA
08-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Lakers, Spurs, Cavs, Celtics are the only teams that matter...doesnt matter how u want to rank them but they will be the ones fighting for the title. theyre all pretty evenly matched.

Denver and Orlando are a small notch below imo.

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 10:17 PM
With Ginobili on the bench, it does not suck. Same with Finley and Hill.

23LeBronJames23
08-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Lakers, Spurs, Cavs, Celtics are the only teams that matter...doesnt matter how u want to rank them but they will be the ones fighting for the title. theyre all pretty evenly matched.

Orlando might be on that list too if Vince Carter will put up big numbers

23LeBronJames23
08-26-2009, 10:21 PM
With Ginobili on the bench, it does not suck. Same with Finley and Hill.

tell me why is Ginobili on the bench?

Spursfan092120
08-26-2009, 10:22 PM

it should be
1.Cavaliers
2.Lakers
3.Magic
4.Celtics
5.Spurms
http://blog.infinitemonkeysblog.com/files/images/obvious_troll.preview.jpg

Spursfan092120
08-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Obviously someone doesn't watch basketball. Manu has been on the bench for years for nearly the entire time. He brings a spark off the bench...he's better there.

Spursfan092120
08-26-2009, 10:24 PM
1. LA
2. BOS
3. CLE
4. DAL
5. ORL
6. SA
7. PORT
8. DEN
9. NOLA
10. UTAH

retard factor :)!
fify

DPG21920
08-26-2009, 10:24 PM

Because that is where he has been playing and where he fits the best. Spurs will have plenty of scoring in the starting unit with:

Parker / Mason / Jefferson / Duncan / McDyess

Also, if you bring Manu off of the bench, you allow Jefferson more room to maximize his offensive potential and you have the spot up guy as Mason. He is great in that role and you would be getting the most out of Jefferson.

Mason is not good enough to carry a second unit, while Gino is.

Spursfan092120
08-26-2009, 10:25 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/boxman_is_not_amused.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1937)
http://www.newsgroper.com/files/post_images/1221962920487.jpg

FkLA
08-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Orlando might be on that list too if Vince Carter will put up big numbers

Orlando is overrated, I hate how people already label Howard as a superstart top 5 player in the league when he has no offensive game whatsoever. He has no post moves and he cant be relied upon to get some easy points down low.

The addition of VC is a lateral move at best when u consider the loss of Hedo and Lee...Alston is out as well so this isnt really the same team that reached the Finals last yr. Besides the way they play never wins championships, they jack up way too many 3s. Orlando simply presented a bad matchup for Cleveland, similar to the Warriors/Mavs in 07', I still think the Cavs were the better team and wouldve given the Lakers a better fight. Couldve even won the series to be honest.

Banzai
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
http://www.newsgroper.com/files/post_images/1221962920487.jpg

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/oprah.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3312)

BUMP
08-26-2009, 11:01 PM

I fail to realize how a team that makes it to the Finals isn't a contender, while a team that failed to get out of the 1st round is....

23LeBronJames23
08-26-2009, 11:13 PM
I fail to realize how a team that makes it to the Finals isn't a contender, while a team that failed to get out of the 1st round is....

:lol

Ditty
08-26-2009, 11:16 PM
wizard>mavs

polysylab1k
08-26-2009, 11:21 PM
wizard>mavs
Queens > Mavs :toast Insanity has no limit, does it?

Bandwagon Spurs Fan
08-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Business as usual.

iggypop123
08-26-2009, 11:43 PM
is chris mannix drunk?

DMX7
08-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Until proven otherwise

:rolleyes

carrao45
08-27-2009, 12:56 AM

They weren't built to be a championship team. At least not well

Shaq is not averaging 18 & 8 again. And he can't own Dwight. Artest does a good job guarding LeTravel from what I've seen

VivaPopovich
08-27-2009, 01:05 AM
top 5 was right but in the wrong order.

the defending champions should always be #1 in a pre-season list like this. hell, the lakers got better too. i hate them, but you have to give credit where it's due. their the champs till someone knocks them off.

Danny.Zhu
08-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Celtics>Lakers>Spurs>Magic>Mavs=Cavs

23LeBronJames23
08-27-2009, 01:45 AM
They weren't built to be a championship team. At least not well

Shaq is not averaging 18 & 8 again. And he can't own Dwight. Artest does a good job guarding LeTravel from what I've seen

Shaq owned Dwight in All Star game!

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-27-2009, 02:13 AM
:lmao They put the old ass Spurs at #1? what kind of faggotry ranking is this shit! Last time I checked, the Lakers won the freaking :lobt2: no love for the defending, reloaded, Champs? c'mon now...

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-27-2009, 02:17 AM
it should be

1.Lakers
2.Celtics
3.Magic
4.Cavs
and then Spurs :)

not sold on the spurs with all these rookies they've added + over the hill Dice, Rafflet

z0sa
08-27-2009, 02:25 AM
:lmao They put the old ass Spurs at #1? what kind of faggotry ranking is this shit! Last time I checked, the Lakers won the freaking :lobt2: no love for the defending, reloaded, Champs? c'mon now...

yeah, its actually been foretold by me and others that this would happen. It's simply impossible to ignore the facts, y'know, like the last time they faced a healthy, championship caliber team in the playoffs they lost by 40something

Spursfan092120
08-27-2009, 02:31 AM
I agree the Lakers should be #1...but reloaded? Come on...how are they reloaded? They got a guy in Ron Artest, who isn't near as athletic as the guy they got rid of to get him, and besides that, they are the same team. And Artest could melt down at any minute, and LA would melt with him.

Culburn369
08-27-2009, 02:50 AM
Who is guarding LeBron again? Artest is way too slow to guard him.

That's only because Artest is a Laker now, right, Damus?

Culburn369
08-27-2009, 02:53 AM
Not so sold on these Lakers. They won a ring against watered down competition and just added the biggest headcase in the NBA who has lost 2 or 3 steps.

Jesus, Mother Mary & Joseph,,,when he played for Houston he was like sliced bread, then when the rumors hit, he'd lost a step. Now, two months later it's 3 steps.

Just shows ta go ya.

FkLA
08-27-2009, 04:38 AM
The Lakers reloaded? lol

Thats the exact same team, with players that are already a defensive liability getting a yr older (Fish)...with the exception of the Artest/Ariza swap. And Lakers fans are so ungrateful and biased, u guys praise Artest's defense as if Ariza was some average player or something. Lakers dont win the Denver series without his defense. Not to mention the fact that he was a perfect complimentary player that took occasional open 3s created by the big guns. Artest is not a great spot-up shooter, needs the ball in his hands alot to be able to score, and has poor shot selection. Even in the best case scenario Artest will not be anywhere near as huge of an upgrade over Ariza as LA fans seem to think. Ariza is being underappreciated by suggesting that, he was an important piece last yr for the Lakers.

Maybe cause u know, a very important player is returning from injury and other extremely key pieces that fill in voids have been added from last yr? Same reason Boston are considered legit contenders despite the fact that they only reached the 2nd round last yr. Theyre getting KG back.

Muser
08-27-2009, 05:03 AM

Don't remember 07? Or didn't you like the Cavs then?

PM5K
08-27-2009, 06:11 AM
Call me old school but I think the champs should always be #1 before the season starts, unless something crazy happens. If they had lost Odom maybe you could argue, but they got Artest for Ariza, who knows how that will work out but I can't see it as a negative YET.

The Spurs certainly got better on paper, but they have a lot of unknowns, not only with their new players, but with their current older players.

lefty
08-27-2009, 09:59 AM
I still view the Lakers as several notches above every one else, I'd be willing to have to live on another board if the spurs somehow knocked them off.

Huh

We don't want you to leave :depressed

hater
08-27-2009, 10:01 AM

just that Dick Jefferson is the biggest signing of the offseason and a 20ppg scorer. they are right to put Spurs at #1

plus that's not "all Spurs did" dumbass, they also got Dice, stole Blair and are getting back a healthy Manu and Ian.

I don't know about the rest of the rankings though

Findog
08-27-2009, 10:06 AM
wizard>mavs

In what? CandyLand? Go Fish? Injured Stars?

ambchang
08-27-2009, 10:31 AM
The list should be:

1) Lebron James
2) Lakers

everybody else.

da_suns_fan
08-27-2009, 10:38 AM
1) Lakers
2) Celitcs
3) Spurs

23LeBronJames23