PDA

View Full Version : Achron - this game will screw with your head if your on drugs

phyzik
08-27-2009, 11:16 AM
These video's where taken in the alpha version.

single player
Kvp8FE3BiQM

Multi player
yUwLGaiWKAo

it took me a few minutes to wrap my head around the possibilities. pretty crazy tech demo.

PM5K
08-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't have a few minutes to figure it out, so just tell me what the fuck it is.

Fpoonsie
08-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Tha fuck?

phyzik
08-27-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't have a few minutes to figure it out, so just tell me what the fuck it is.

Its kind of hard to explain but basically its time travel. Say you are playing online. Your oponent can go to a time in the past and attack you in the past. You can then go to that point in time to see where he is attacking you, you can then go farther back in time and prepare for the attack. If your successfull the other player might decide to call off the attack and therefore it never happened.

hater
08-27-2009, 11:55 AM
it's basicallly a game where the developers were too lazy, poor or dumb to make good looking graphics

phyzik
08-27-2009, 11:59 AM
it's basicallly a game where the developers were too lazy, poor or dumb to make good looking graphics

Its an alpha demo.

hater
08-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Its an alpha demo.

I see.

I am not familiar with that term. why would they release a demo if they have a long way to go? other ppl might steal their idea

phyzik
08-27-2009, 12:11 PM
they didnt release the demo to the public, they are just showing off the tech that will go into the game. Im sure the tech is patented already.

Alpha is usually the phase in game making where you create the technology that will support your game. No actual real story arch or graphics or anything like that, just the basic tech that runs behind the scenes.

PM5K
08-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Its kind of hard to explain but basically its time travel. Say you are playing online. Your oponent can go to a time in the past and attack you in the past. You can then go to that point in time to see where he is attacking you, you can then go farther back in time and prepare for the attack. If your successfull the other player might decide to call off the attack and therefore it never happened.

http://geekswithblogs.net/images/geekswithblogs_net/dlackey/great_scott_400.png

DarkReign
08-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Wow.

As an RTS fan, this is a bit too much to take. As if micromanagement wasnt hard enough, now these BNet kiddies can go back in time?!

Im already getting raped, now I'll just have a new hole.

phyzik
08-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Wow.

As an RTS fan, this is a bit too much to take. As if micromanagement wasnt hard enough, now these BNet kiddies can go back in time?!

Im already getting raped, now I'll just have a new hole.

I was following that same line of thinking when I first saw this as well. :lol

DarkReign
08-27-2009, 09:09 PM
I was following that same line of thinking when I first saw this as well. :lol

:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Woah! Mindfuck.

I'm just gonna stick to conquering Europe with the Scots in 1260AD for the moment though (you guys ever played Medieval Total War II? Awesome game, although a bit too easy).

pawe
08-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Woah! Mindfuck.

I'm just gonna stick to conquering Europe with the Scots in 1260AD for the moment though (you guys ever played Medieval Total War II? Awesome game, although a bit too easy).

I played that game straight for 10 hours. My eyes and wrist hurt like crazy that day.

z0sa
08-28-2009, 02:09 AM
interesting as hell, but it'll be hard to pull off and still be 'fun' and 'balanced'. Like keep calling off attacks til one works type thing.

and +1 on the battle.net shit. those koreans have owned me since starcraft.

symple19
08-28-2009, 03:24 AM
That game is retarded. Just buy Supreme Commander 2 when it comes out. Now THAT will be a badass RTS game.

DarkReign
08-28-2009, 11:42 AM
That game is retarded. Just buy Supreme Commander 2 when it comes out. Now THAT will be a badass RTS game.

If its anything like the first....eh, not so much.

DarkReign
08-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Woah! Mindfuck.

Ive played every Total War there is endlessly. I still play Rome but sadly, never got into Empire (maybe its the guns thing?).

Fond memories of the giant chess pieces on a Risk board.