PDA

View Full Version : $1 fine for marijuana possession. Hopefully they can get this done.

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 03:14 PM
DENVER - A city panel in charge of overseeing marijuana possession crimes in Denver recommended on Wednesday that the fine for possession be set at $1.

If Denver's presiding judge accepts the recommendation from the Denver Marijuana Policy Review Panel, the fine would be the lowest in the entire nation for marijuana possession.

The panel was created by Mayor John Hickenlooper in December 2007 after voters passed an ordinance that made it so adult marijuana possession is the city's "lowest lawn enforcement priority."

In May 2008, the city attorney's office made it so those cited for the crime can mail in their fines instead of having to appear in court. At that time, the city attorney's office assigned the value of the fine at $50.

"By setting the fine at just $1, we are sending a message to Denver officials that the era of citing adults for using a less harmful drug than alcohol is over. It's simply not worth the city's time or resources," said panel member and SAFER Executive Director Mason Tvert, who coordinated the successful Denver marijuana initiatives.

Lt. Ernest Martinez with the Denver Police Department is also part of the panel and voted against lowering the fine.

"There's no indication that there's a problem with the fine schedule," Martinez said. "The panel is going outside the bounds of the language of the ordinance."

Martinez thinks there should be more dialogue about the changes.

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=122082

Trainwreck2100
08-27-2009, 03:20 PM
I can't wait to see all those idiot college students send in their fine only to lose all their financial aid

angel_luv
08-27-2009, 03:22 PM
I guess, given the altitude there, citizens of Denver don't care about people being high?

I think reducing the fine is a horrible idea and I hope nothing comes of this attempt.

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I guess, given the altitude there, citizens of Denver don't care about people being high?

I think reducing the fine is a horrible idea and I hope nothing comes of this attempt.Its already legal to a certain degree there. Its use is as rampant as alcohol only a tenth as destructive. Its a waste of resources and money to continue fighting a pointless fight.

marini martini
08-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Machs nix to me!!! ..................I still can't smoke it, as it makes my heart race and I have to take a Xanax to calm down.

But we do need to decriminalize it for sure!!!

angel_luv
08-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Its already legal to a certain degree there. Its use is as rampant as alcohol only a tenth as destructive. Its a waste of resources and money to continue fighting a pointless fight.

Well I think it is hypocritical to fine people a dollar for doing it.

Either something is illegal and worth fining people over or it isn't. And if somethng is illegal then people should be fined substancially for doing it- every time.

By fining people only a dollar, they are basically okaying usage of marijuana without coming right out and fully legalizing it. That is a double standard, one I find to be unacceptable.

Do you agree about it being a double standard?

dimsah
08-27-2009, 03:33 PM
I think the $1 fine is kind of silly. Just decriminalize it and quit going through the motions.

marini martini
08-27-2009, 03:36 PM
By fining people only a dollar, they are basically okaying usage of marijuana without coming right out and legalizing it. That is a double standard, one I find to be unacceptable.

The people in Colorado are a lot smarter than I give them credit for. I've known people very close to me that marijuana has helped them both physically and/or mentally.

It's time to legalize it NOW!!!

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 03:39 PM

Either something is illegal and worth fining people over or it isn't. And if somethng is illegal then people should be fined substancially for doing it- every time.

By fining people only a dollar, they are basically okaying usage of marijuana without coming right out and fully legalizing it. That is a double standard, one I find to be unacceptable.

Do you agree about it being a double standard?They're hands are tied by big government. The state has legalized its use to a certain extent but the federal anti-drug laws are still in effect. This is there answer to making it right because that's what the people want. Lots of unnecessary red tape and governmental bullshit due to old unsubstantiated and out dated laws and ways of thinking.

The important thing is that non of the substance abuse laws change. You can't smoke and drive and so forth. They're protecting the guy having a smoke just like the guy having a glass of wine with his dinner is protected.

This is people like you and me (well more like me) fighting to maintain our ability to exercise our constitutional rights and fight off being controlled by money grubbing assholes.

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 03:40 PM
I think the $1 fine is kind of silly. Just decriminalize it and quit going through the motions.They would if they could. If you can figure out a way to get passed the federal end of things you'd be the most celebrated man in the nation. Cali's doing a decent job.

angel_luv
08-27-2009, 03:42 PM
The people in Colorado are a lot smarter than I give them credit for. I've known people very close to me that marijuana has helped them both physically and/or mentally.

It's time to legalize it NOW!!!

My knee jerk reaction is to say don't legalize it. My sister was addicted to pot and it caused her so many problems.
However people can abuse anything- even over the counter allergy pills and I sure don't want to see those outlawed.

What are the proven medical benefits of marijuana? What are the bad side effects? The only thing I know about marijuana is that my sister was reckless with it and that I have no inclination to ever use it.

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 03:48 PM
My knee jerk reaction is to say don't legalize it. My sister was addicted to pot and it caused her so many problems.
However people can abuse anything- even over the counter allergy pills and I sure don't want to see those outlawed.

What are the proven medical benefits of marijuana? What are the bad side effects? The only thing I know about marijuana is that my sister was reckless with it and that I have no inclination to ever use it.Side effects are being tired, lazy and hungry. Short term memory is moderately affected.

Relief from general body pains to severe pain. Pretty good at getting rid of headaches and subsiding menstrual cramps.

Improves concentration.

Federal researchers implanted several types of cancer, including leukemia and lung cancers, in mice, then treated them with cannabinoids (unique, active components found in marijuana). THC and other cannabinoids shrank tumors and increased the mice's lifespans. Munson, AE et al. Antineoplastic Activity of Cannabinoids. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Sept. 1975. p. 597-602.

Chemicals in cannabis have been found to stop prostate cancer cells from growing in the laboratory, suggesting that cannabis-based medicines could one day help fight the disease, scientists said Wednesday.

On and on and on.

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 03:48 PM
The point is not what are the benefits. There are plenty of things worse for you that are perfectly legal:

Alcohol
Fatty Foods
Tobacco

It is about not wasting money on something that people should have the choice to do. Incredible amounts of resources are dedicated to marijuana. As long as it is not a mind altering drug (Acid....), it should be up to the people to use it within reasonable guidelines (not driving under the influence...)

I do not even smoke either.

angel_luv
08-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Side effects are being tired, lazy and hungry. Short term memory is moderately affected.

Relief from general body pains to severe pain. Pretty good at getting rid of headaches and subsiding menstrual cramps.

Improves concentration.

On and on and on.

Thanks very much for the info, B2B. I appreciate it.

Marijuana, in the case of my sister, also has the unforunate side affect of causing major pains in the neck- as my sis and her friends were when they were using.

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 03:53 PM
I can't honestly think of anything worse than alcohol. Exponentially more destructive.

marini martini
08-27-2009, 03:54 PM
All I know is that it has proven to be an anti-anxiety agent for many people. In most cases it just relaxes them and takes the edge off.

I also know for a fact, that it is dispensed legally in Cali. for cancer patients to ease their pain an nausea after chemo.

Medicinal herbs have been around since the dawning of man. In fact most prescription drugs are derived from one kind of herb or another.

I'm sorry your sister got so messed up on it. I'm inclined to believe she was most probably putting some thing else in the pot, and if not I fully understand her not being able to handle it. I could never be a pot smoker, and believe me I tried. It just doesn't agree with some peoples systems.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Marijuana is only illegal 'cause the government can't get a piece of the pie. At least not all of the pie. Plain and simple. People should exercise self control when using it. If they can't, then they have no business using it. I have a friend that went to SMU. Graduated with a law degree pretty high, no pun intended, in his class and now works for a pretty big law firm. He would get high every time he could and did so before class, so weed ruining lives is baloney. If I'm not mistaken he received a $100,000 advance when he was hired.........

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks very much for the info, B2B. I appreciate it.

Marijuana, in the case of my sister, also has the unforunate side affect of causing major pains in the neck- as my sis and her friends were when they were using.
Perhaps she would have been equally immature and destructive despite the drug. At some point you have to hold her accountable for her actions. Marijuana doesn't have the same addictive characteristics as alcohol, meth, heroin or coke...

Or perhaps she would have been less fascinated and/or reckless with it had it been legal.

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 03:57 PM
I believe Marijuana cannot be addictive physically. Only mentally. There are no reports of it causing your body to crave it really. Some minor things possibly, but the vast majority of testing says its addictive qualities are not like that of other traditional drugs.

phxspurfan
08-27-2009, 03:58 PM
If I see somebody driving while high, I'm getting out of their way.
If I see somebody serving me food while high, I'm getting them fired.
If somebody sees me getting high, I laugh and wait for them to leave the room.

angel_luv
08-27-2009, 03:59 PM
All I know is that it has proven to be an anti-anxiety agent for many people. In most cases it just relaxes them and takes the edge off.

I also know for a fact, that it is dispensed legally in Cali. for cancer patients to ease their pain an nausea after chemo.

Medicinal herbs have been around since the dawning of man. In fact most prescription drugs are derived from one kind of herb or another.

I'm sorry your sister got so messed up on it. I'm inclined to believe she was most probably putting some thing else in the pot, and if not I fully understand her not being able to handle it. I could never be a pot smoker, and believe me I tried. It just doesn't agree with some peoples systems.

My sister had a lot more problems than the pot. The pot only contributed to the trouble she got herself in, it was certainly not the sole cause of her woes.

And like I said, she could have abused over the counter pills just as easily.

I wish there were a way pot could legally be perscribed by a doctor for those medical purpose it would help with but remain illegal for recreational use.

marini martini
08-27-2009, 04:00 PM
If I see somebody driving while high, I'm getting out of their way.
If I see somebody serving me food while high, I'm getting them fired.
If somebody sees me getting high, I laugh and wait for them to leave the room.

Don't quit your day job, K?

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 04:00 PM
My sister had a lot more problems than the pot. The pot only contributed to the trouble she got herself in, it was certainly not the sole cause of her woes.

I wish there were a way pot could legally be perscribed by a doctor for those medical purpose it would help with but remain illegal for recreational use.

There is a way, in California. But why do you want it to remain illegal? Do you want alcohol illegal? Fast Food? Tobacco?

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 04:02 PM

I wish there were a way pot could legally be perscribed by a doctor for those medical purpose it would help with but remain illegal for recreational use.If it was legal for recreational use it would serve a much more productive role in society than it being illegal. Check the current state of the war on that drug.

Marijuana being illegal for recreational use is as pointless as making Tylenol Allergy illegal unless a doctors prescribes it.

angel_luv
08-27-2009, 04:08 PM
There is a way, in California. But why do you want it to remain illegal? Do you want alcohol illegal? Fast Food? Tobacco?

Fast food- no. I would starve. :lol

I would love to see alcohol and tobacco be illegal. Both have caused my family a great deal of harm while costing them ridiculous amounts of money.

exstatic
08-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Marijuana is only illegal 'cause the government can't get a piece of the pie. At least not all of the pie. Plain and simple. People should exercise self control when using it. If they can't, then they have no business using it. I have a friend that went to SMU. Graduated with a law degree pretty high, no pun intended, in his class and now works for a pretty big law firm. He would get high every time he could and did so before class, so weed ruining lives is baloney. If I'm not mistaken he received a $100,000 advance when he was hired.........

Actually, it's illegal because the base plant, hemp, was a cheaper source of fiber for paper than the wood pulp that William Randolph Hearst had heavily invested in to make paper for his news chain. That's the whole 100% reason.

If you're "green" at all, you should favor legalization of MJ just to use the plant body to make paper instead of shredding trees up for it. Sell and tax the buds, and everyone benefits.

Sorry about your sister, angel, but she sounds like someone that didn't use for pleasure, but to fill a hole in her life. Peeps like that will find something to use, legal or illegal. If it's illegal, it sets up a whole black market violence trip that involves people who don't use, but just get robbed and killed for drug money. Make it legal, bring it out into the light, tax it, and take the billions spent on the war lost on drugs, and put it towards rehab and therapy, and you'll have money left over.

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 04:10 PM

I would love to see alcohol and tobacco be illegal. Both have caused my family a great deal of harm while costing them ridiculous amounts of money.If one of your family members dies of being a lard ass would you change your mind about fast food?

I don't even think its comparable. Fast food is monumentally more destructive than marijuana. Monumentally would even be an understatement here.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Don't quit your day job, K?
i think someone else got him fired

angel_luv
If it was legal for recreational use it would serve a much more productive role in society than it being illegal. Check the current state of the war on that drug.

Marijuana being illegal for recreational use is as pointless as making Tylenol Allergy illegal unless a doctors prescribes it.

The real issue is not the marijuna, the tobacco, and the alcohol- it is the people who abuse it and the people who make it available. Problems are caused by the disregard of the users of pot, alcohol etc of the consequences of their actions and also by the greed of the company who sells the products.

Even if there was no more fighting over drugs, people would find something else to war over. Sadly, that is human nature.

DPG21920

I would love to see alcohol and tobacco be illegal. Both have caused my family a great deal of harm while costing them ridiculous amounts of money.

Why not fast food? Because it has not harmed you? It has harmed countless families and killed more people than marijuana with obesity becoming a major, major problem.

If you are for things that hurt people being illegal, you must be for fast food as well. Food is more addictive than marijuana.

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 04:13 PM
The real issue is not the marijuna, the tobacco, and the alcohol- it is the people who abuse it- the disregard of the users of the consequences of their actions and the greed of the company who sells the products.

Even if there was no more fighting over drugs, people would find something else to war over. Sadly, that is human nature.If the real issue isn't marijuana then stop suggesting that it be illegal. Don't provoke. Toke.

Your last statement somewhat resembles my views on religion.

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Food is more addictive than marijuana.No shit. I can't wait to get home and cram my face full of fettuccine alfredo with prosciutto and mushrooms.

z0sa
08-27-2009, 04:15 PM
http://thenationalevil.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/all-thumbs-up.jpg

gatoloco
08-27-2009, 04:15 PM
pm a pic of your sister please, she sounds like my kinda gal.

InRareForm
08-27-2009, 04:17 PM
about time people start to wake up.

People should learn about how marijuana got illegal in the first place. Racism and ignorance helped fuel it.

Cry Havoc
08-27-2009, 04:20 PM
I have never and may never use marijuana.

However, I think that filling our prisons up with people who are fathers, brothers, 18 year olds, and so on, just because they smoked weed, is absolutely ridiculous.

A society that allows people to drink as much as they want, chain smoke, gorge themselves on fast food, but not even own a bit of marijuana is absolutely hypocritical.

We saw the effects of prohibition, and they were deadly. Making pot legal would completely collapse a lot of the drug trade in the United States.

ManuTP9
08-27-2009, 04:21 PM
:hungry:
No shit. I can't wait to get home and cram my face full of fettuccine alfredo with prosciutto and mushrooms.

:hungry:

z0sa
08-27-2009, 04:23 PM
about time people start to wake up.

People should learn about how marijuana got illegal in the first place. Racism and ignorance helped fuel it.

about time? about time?

Millions upon millions of lives have been DESTROYED by the system because they chose to partake in the HARMLESS act of smoking marijuana. I know a few of them personally. I have been arrested on marijuana-related charges myself. The handful that are dealers might deserve a crueler fate, probably not. Mostly everyone else got the Law's boot up their ass, sometimes for life, for no goddamn reason at all.

Abraham Quintanilla
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Angel-luv's reaction is what is wrong with America, stereo typing and Lack of education brings out the holier than thou tree huggers. Why doesn't her sister be an adult and admit she is a fuck up? Ir it's not weed it will be paint sniffing,frog licking, etc....

I work at the VA and 90% of the old solderer's come in because of bad livers and over eating. No one is out to get rid of Booze,tobacco,or hostess ding dongs all three give you heart disease. If it wasn't for weed I would have shot someone by now.

Angel-Luv means well but I think she is out of touch with the real world.

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 04:24 PM

Explain to me how its big government not getting a piece of the pie that keeps MJ illegal please and how its not Big Pharma losing out when an easily available drug is a far better solution for many medical conditions they "solve" with their drugs?

Big government stands to gain a new place to tax yet Big Pharma has a severe problem with market share loss when doctors start prescribing a joint and Merck's new wonder drug isn't needed.

So please, explain how your comment makes sense.

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 04:26 PM
The real issue is not the marijuna, the tobacco, and the alcohol- it is the people who abuse it and the people who make it available. Problems are caused by the disregard of the users of pot, alcohol etc of the consequences of their actions and also by the greed of the company who sells the products.

Even if there was no more fighting over drugs, people would find something else to war over. Sadly, that is human nature.

So explain to me why this stance supports marijuana prohibition?

Tenacious D
08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Nice you guys was able to get Manny to come out of his cave.....

:corn:

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Manny is right, if anything, the government stands to gain from the legalization two-fold:

1) From Tax gains

2) From the allocation of resources and manpower.

InRareForm
08-27-2009, 04:29 PM
about time? about time?

Millions upon millions of lives have been DESTROYED by the system because they chose to partake in the HARMLESS act of smoking marijuana. I know a few of them personally. I have been arrested on marijuana-related charges myself. The handful that are dealers might deserve a crueler fate, probably not. Mostly everyone else got the Law's boot up their ass, sometimes for life, for no goddamn reason at all.

?? I was promoting the deregulation of marijuana, not for it.

angel_luv
Why not fast food? Because it has not harmed you? It has harmed countless families and killed more people than marijuana with obesity becoming a major, major problem.

If you are for things that hurt people being illegal, you must be for fast food as well. Food is more addictive than marijuana.
People become obese from eating too much of all sorts of food.
Maybe we should all eat as the astronauts in space do in order to prevent that from happening.

koriwhat
My sister was addicted to pot and it caused her so many problems.

she was the cause of her own demise... stop being so damn ignorant already.

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM
about time? about time?

In addition to the reasons why marijuana is still illegal I gave above having to do with pharmaceutical corporations, the other aspect to it is that drug laws are a huge source of income for the companies in the prison business.

Why make fewer acts illegal when there is a huge market in this country to incarcerate individuals. The fact that prisoners are a commodity in this country now is a huge factor in keeping drug laws on the books.

angel_luv
she was the cause of her own demise... stop being so damn ignorant already.

I acknowledge that. But the pot certainly did not put her in a more productive state of mind.

BacktoBasics
Explain to me how its big government not getting a piece of the pie that keeps MJ illegal please and how its not Big Pharma losing out when an easily available drug is a far better solution for many medical conditions they "solve" with their drugs?

Big government stands to gain a new place to tax yet Big Pharma has a severe problem with market share loss when doctors start prescribing a joint and Merck's new wonder drug isn't needed.

So please, explain how your comment makes sense.I know for myself when I say big government I mean the people who are supposed to represent us but instead accept the endless piles of dough for the benefit of special interests.

Now I hate Viva but I get what his point was.

z0sa
?? I was promoting the deregulation of marijuana, not for it.

cool? there never was an about time. weed should have never been criminalized. not only is it harmless, its a beautiful, fragrant, tasty plant.

DPG21920
People become obese from eating too much of all sorts of food. Maybe we should all eat as the astronauts in space do in order to prevent that from happening.

That is as ridiculous as the marijuana argument you made and that is the exact point.

Ok, lets change it: Any bad food that hurts people should be outlawed with your logic. It hurts people and destroys families.

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 04:31 PM
I acknowledge that. But the pot certainly did not put her in a more productive state of mind.

Neither did her diet.

angel_luv
08-27-2009, 04:32 PM
So explain to me why this stance supports marijuana prohibition?

If the real issue isn't marijuana then stop suggesting that it be illegal. Don't provoke. Toke.

Your last statement somewhat resembles my views on religion.

Marijuana has to be illegal because too many people will not exercise self control and use restraint unless they are motivated by fear of punishment.

Last Comic Standing
08-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Angel has a point smoking weed has its side effects!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ZONE/66.jpg

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Up next on Angel Luv's agenda is the outlawing of masturbation. Many fingers and wrists have met their demise due this addictive action.

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Marijuana has to be illegal because too many people will not exercise self control and use restraint unless they are motivated by fear of punishment.

What about obese people dying off in record numbers? Do they have the self control? Should they be punished because they are driving up the cost of health care and causing pain to many around them?

BacktoBasics
Well you just helped out Manny's prison conundrum.

marini martini
Shit........................it's 5 o'clock some where!:toast

Everyone just settle down and take another hit......................:hat

mouse
08-27-2009, 04:35 PM
I knew Angel_luv diving into a topic about weed was going to be like the movie Deliverance all over again! :lmao

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ZONE/9999.jpg

DPG21920
Also, explain why alcohol is currently legal when the same problems you associate with marijuana are found with alcohol?

Don't say you wish alcohol was illegal, that is not the point. It currently is not and marijuana is, please explain why?

z0sa

Alcohol's legal and far worse for your health, is far more psychoactive, and is actually y'know physically addictive akin to something like heroin.

Just stop.

iggypop123
08-27-2009, 04:36 PM
eating is a necessity for living . weed nope.

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 04:37 PM

Angel, I'm sure you'd feel much more at home in a place like Saudi Arabia. They tend to share your mindset.

koriwhat
08-27-2009, 04:38 PM

it puts me in a more productive state of mind... explain that one.

as for it being addictive... BS! i have recently quit and have stayed clean for the past month(just hit the mark this past sat) because i realize i can't get a real job in this society cause no one wants to hire a "pot head". i have had no cravings whatsoever to smoke, even though it be relaxing and sure would take the edge of my already stressful days. the only time i think about bud is while i'm dreaming which crazy enough has been every damn night; i guess i am craving the buddha. gotta love it!

i just think it's silly when people claim bud is the problem with society when in reality society is the problem with society. get a grip on your own life and stop blaming something you obviously have no clue about.

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Angel, are all of your decisions made out of fear of punishment?

Jekka
08-27-2009, 04:40 PM

Well if we were to rid of things that make us unproductive then we should probably get rid of the internet. At least for most of the people here.

I understand what you're saying, but I think that the "information" people are fed about marijuana is much more harmful than the substance itself. Ann Arbor has a Hash Bash every year, and the fine for possessing MJ in the city is only $20 ... but look at all of the amazing, productive, and innovative research that comes from the university. It's not because of pot, but it's not despite it either. It's a relatively harmless substance to which far too much fear and misunderstanding are allocated.

Viva Las Espuelas
Shit........................it's 5 o'clock some where!:toast

Everyone just settle down and take another hit......................:hat
i think one person needs to take a hit. geez

Brutalis
To the OP: For potheads that seemingly looks like a brilliant idea but actually this will provoke more people into getting caught with it and less money the other crooks (your state) are making from it. So clutter up the courts, get everyone under 30 a record, and .. ??? seriously not a good idea.

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 04:41 PM
It is an insult to say that the government knows better than people what they should and should not do.

It is not as if marijuana, although illegal, is not accessible and somewhat socially acceptable. The vast majority of people do just fine in this world and exercise self control. If you made it legal, you would not see people just going crazy.

Do European countries with lower drinking ages have a statistically significant hikes in alcohol related problems?

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm just glad to see the Manny family decided to show up. Today was rather boring.

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 04:42 PM
eating is a necessity for living . weed nope.

Not the point. So basketball and message boards should be illegal because they are not a necessity for living? It is about freedom of choice.

angel_luv
08-27-2009, 04:43 PM
What about obese people dying off in record numbers? Do they have the self control? Should they be punished because they are driving up the cost of health care and causing pain to many around them?

People get on the family members of obese kids for enabling them in overeating and thereby endangering their health and wellbeing. Do you think this is wrong?

I feel like I owe it to the world to voice my concerns. Whether or not people listen to me, agree with me, or heed my advice is out of my control.

I harm no one by maintaining my own point of view and politely expressing- which is all I am trying to do here.

I acknowledged that marijuana may have medical benefits I do not currently have knowledge/ understanding about.
However, in the same way I do not feel people ought to consume aspirin and over the counter meds in a liberal way, I am against the recreational use of pot.

BacktoBasics
To the OP: For potheads that seemingly looks like a brilliant idea but actually this will provoke more people into getting caught with it and less money the other crooks (your state) are making from it. So clutter up the courts, get everyone under 30 a record, and .. ??? seriously not a good idea.The courts? I'll happily mail in my dollar fine.

mouse
Up next on Angel Luv's agenda is the outlawing of masturbation..

:lmao

I wonder how many lives where destroyed by people texing while driving.

National Center for Catastrophic Sport Injury Research has reported 1,006 direct and 683 indirect fatalities resulting from participation in all organized football.

Deaths per year smoking Marijuana 0

any questions?.......................

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 04:45 PM
People get on the family members of obese kids for enabling them in overeating and thereby endangering their health and wellbeing. Do you think this is wrong?

I feel like I owe it to the world to voice my concerns. Whether or not people listen to me, agree with me, or heed my advice is out of my control.

I harm no one by maintaining my own point of view and politely expressing- which is all I am trying to do here.

I acknowledged that marijuana may have medical benefits I do not currently have knowledge/ understanding about.
However, in the same way I do not feel people ought to consume aspirin and over the counter meds in a liberal way, I am against the recreational use of pot.

That is fine. You are entitled to that. But I don't see how you can use your logic towards marijuana and not bad food.

Are you saying family members would not get on each other if someone was over using? They would. So why does it need to be illegal?

Just because you are against something, does not mean it should be illegal.

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 04:47 PM

I think you owe it to the world to have informed viewpoints and not knee jerk concerns. You and the rest of the ignorant people out in the world do plenty of harm by allowing misinformation to persist and to allow others to profit off of that.

Every person who is denied the legitimate medical use of marijuana is someone your ignorance harms. I feel that instead of feeling like you owe it to the world to voice your opinion you should take the stance that you owe it to the world to first LEARN about the subjects you plan on voice your opinion on. What good is an opinion thats based on ignorance?

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 04:47 PM
To the OP: For potheads that seemingly looks like a brilliant idea but actually this will provoke more people into getting caught with it and less money the other crooks (your state) are making from it. So clutter up the courts, get everyone under 30 a record, and .. ??? seriously not a good idea.

Huh, you don't see jaywalking ruining peoples lives. The point is to tell the cops to let it go, not right 1 million 1 dollar tickets.

Brutalis
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
It is an insult to say that the government knows better than people what they should and should not do.

It is not as if marijuana, although illegal, is not accessible and somewhat socially acceptable. The vast majority of people do just fine in this world and exercise self control. If you made it legal, you would not see people just going crazy.

Do European countries with lower drinking ages have a statistically significant hikes in alcohol related problems?

Nope but you have to think on the do-gooder level. Even if it is complete fail the moral righteousness of their stand gains them a sense of unison and moral victory, which is backed by every church in the country. That's a lot of people and easily doubles up the number of potheads. Majority tends to rule also.

There are a million other reasons why it just won't be legal, but can't. No matter how ignorant.

angel_luv
Also, explain why alcohol is currently legal when the same problems you associate with marijuana are found with alcohol?

Don't say you wish alcohol was illegal, that is not the point. It currently is not and marijuana is, please explain why?

I do wish alcohol were illegal. I really think it ought to be, the same as pot is.

The reason alcohol is not illegal because the consumer wants it and people are making fortunes selling it.

Because alcohol and tobacco was ( in my opinion) mistakenly made legal and because alcohol and tobacco usage often leads to overuse, which brings such dire consequences, I am all the more anxious to ensure the same mistake is not made in regards to marijuana.

BacktoBasics
Huh, you don't see jaywalking ruining peoples lives. Dante Stallworth forum.

marini martini
08-27-2009, 04:50 PM
i think one person needs to take a hit. geez

You & me both??!!??

Brutalis
08-27-2009, 04:51 PM
The courts? I'll happily mail in my dollar fine.

Okay but what happens on your third offense? Jail? You paying for a lawyer now? All worth it to a pothead maybe but what if the third time equals 30 days in jail period. And a fourth would equal prison time?

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 04:52 PM
I do wish alcohol were illegal. I really think it ought to be, the same as pot is.

The reason alcohol is not illegal because the consumer wants it and people are making fortunes selling it.

Because alcohol and tobacco was ( in my opinion) mistakenly made legal and because alcohol and tobacco usage often leads to overuse, which brings such dire consequences, I am all the more anxious to ensure the same mistake is not made in regards to marijuana.The point is that we should have a right to chose. Not have it chosen for us. What we consume is our business. Up until it damages others...drinking and driving so on and so forth. I don't want my right to consume a beer to be affected because dickface Garcia can't stop himself from getting behind the wheel drunk.

Cry Havoc
08-27-2009, 04:52 PM

So your solution to keep people from becoming unhealthy and ruining their lives from pot is to throw them in jail?

Really?

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM

Because alcohol and tobacco was ( in my opinion) mistakenly made legal and because alcohol and tobacco usage often leads to overuse, which brings such dire consequences, I am all the more anxious to ensure the same mistake is not made in regards to marijuana.

You should read up on the 1920s. Making something illegal does not make problems go away. In in fact, exacerbates problems.

I challenge you to find me a case of successful prohibition that backs up your claims.

BacktoBasics
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Okay but what happens on your third offense? Jail? You paying for a lawyer now? All worth it to a pothead maybe but what if the third time equals 30 days in jail period. And a fourth would equal prison time?
Look its just a small step in the big fight. The point is that there shouldn't be a fine. The 1 dollar is just a scape goat to prove a point. Not a solution. Surely you understand that its just a means to an end.

mookie2001
08-27-2009, 04:55 PM
well the current marijuana have worked. thats a fact

its illegal and practically nobody smokes, its impossible to buy and people who do smoke learn their lesson in jail

mookie2001
08-27-2009, 04:56 PM
i wish pink lemonande were illegal, then i wouldnt be fat

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 04:56 PM
I do wish bad food were illegal. I really think it ought to be, the same as pot is.

The reason food that is bad for you is not illegal because the consumer wants it and people are making fortunes selling it.

Because bad food was ( in my opinion) mistakenly made legal and because bad food usage often leads to overuse, which brings such dire consequences, I am all the more anxious to ensure the same mistake is not made in regards to bad food.

Fixed it.

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 04:58 PM
i wish pink lemonande were illegal, then i wouldnt be fat

Brutalis
08-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Look its just a small step in the big fight. The point is that there shouldn't be a fine. The 1 dollar is just a scape goat to prove a point. Not a solution. Surely you understand that its just a means to an end.

I know. But that step is weak. And they do prove a point, and will make several more. They are in control. When in reality they haven't the slightest idea where it all is, or coming from, and going consistently enough to ensure they have the biggest hand in it to make the profit. So when I rebuttal every righteous narc I can easily do the same to the hippie. Your fight is weak. There hardly is a fight to begin with. Maybe too many of them are high at once and cannot get together to devise a plan to revolt and stand for a change. Not one that's too typical or been tried a million times already.

My stand would be to make it legal without the gov't tracking and taxing every damn thing. And in that thought if it was do people realize they would probably pay 10 bucks a dooby? At least! It would be unreal and you have to assume this.

angel_luv
08-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Angel, are all of your decisions made out of fear of punishment?

No, none of them are.

You asked and so please allow me to answer.

I don't make any decision because I fear punishment, but rather act as I do because I love and serve Jesus Christ. He is my example and motivation in all I do.

As for the subject at hand, I don't need to get high or smoke cigarettes or drink to enjoy life because I have peace of mind and abundant joy because of my relationship Jesus Christ.

angel_luv
08-27-2009, 05:03 PM
I have to leave work now. It's quitting time. I look forward to talking to you all more tomorrow. :) I hope you all have blessed and happy evenings. :)

Paul McCartney
08-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Perhaps more Americans are becoming tired of wasting their money and prison space on John Everyman whose wife, kids and job are now in limbo?

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 05:05 PM
No, none of them are.

You asked and so please allow me to answer.

I don't make any decision I fear punishment, but rather act as I do because I love and serve Jesus Christ. He is my example and motivation in all I do.

As for the subject at hand, I don't need to get high or smoke cigarettes or drink to enjoy life because I have peace of mind and abundant joy because of my relationship Jesus Christ.

Then why do you believe other people make their decisions based upon fear? What do you have that supports this?

angel_luv
08-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Then why do you believe other people make their decisions based upon fear? What do you have that supports this?

If people would act lawfully just because it was the right thing to do, would there be a need for courts and prison sentences?

Bigzax
08-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Thank God for marijuana...

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 05:09 PM
If people would act lawfully just because it was the right thing to do, would there be a need for courts and prison sentences?

If fear factored into the decisions for people would they ever do anything illegal? Your logic is horrible here, Veronica. When you make a statement saying that people are driven by fear then perhaps you should provide information that shows that to be the case.

MannyIsGod
Thank God for marijuana...

Your meltdown should be reading material for those that believe MJ is bad.

Jekka

Nope, but we would need someone with a harmonica to make sure that we were all singing Kum-Bah-Yah on key.

Cheeto
08-27-2009, 05:10 PM
I have ZERO intention to argue with those who want it illegal. I just want to tell my story.

I have smoked weed since I was 15. I am currently 32 & am the president of my company, which I was promoted to this title 1 1/2 years ago. I used to smoke every day & have no desire to do that anymore, but with the stress that I am under being a broker, it helps. I smoke 3-4 time a week. don't wake & bake or work stoned, but I smoke on "my time." I never graduated college. I just worked hard & flew under the radar with my smoking. I passed drug tests with "cover ups", but the one thing remained. I WORKED HARD & still do. I have watched many friends get busted & even friends that delt go to jail/prison. I even had my place raided once, but they luckily found nothing.

I am a firm believer in MJ for recreational & especially medicinal use. I have watched several people I know suffer & die from cancer & wished they had the option at the time. I currently know 1 person who is using MJ for medicinal use & is working quite well for them. It's not for everyone, but neither is alcohol. So legalize it already.

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 05:11 PM

Not to mention that your idea of the right thing to do is different than my idea of what the right thing to do is. For that matter, I'm pretty sure I've never see scripture that says Jesus Christ arguing for prohibition of marijuana.

marini martini
08-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Thank Jesus for going to the wedding in Cana:toast

mouse
08-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I hope when Angel luv is finished with her Nancy Regan just say no crusade she joins me in my fight to make the real danger to San Antonian's illegal!

http://blog.craftzine.com/tortillas.jpg

http://www.la2day.com/files/u201/Fat03.jpg

http://enchiladarecipe.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/2926529548_963db20ef6.jpg

http://www.gemaga.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/fat_baby.thumbnail.jpg

http://www.worldrecordsacademy.org/human/img/ManuelUribe1.jpg

http://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/images/gesu_01_img0009.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/landscaping/1/0/F/E/skull_tombstone.jpg

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I have ZERO intention to argue with those who want it illegal. I just want to tell my story.

I have smoked weed since I was 15. I am currently 32 & am the president of my company, which I was promoted to this title 1 1/2 years ago. I used to smoke every day & have no desire to do that anymore, but with the stress that I am under being a broker, it helps. I smoke 3-4 time a week. don't wake & bake or work stoned, but I smoke on "my time." I never graduated college. I just worked hard & flew under the radar with my smoking. I passed drug tests with "cover ups", but the one thing remained. I WORKED HARD & still do. I have watched many friends get busted & even friends that delt go to jail/prison. I even had my place raided once, but they luckily found nothing.

I am a firm believer in MJ for recreational & especially medicinal use. I have watched several people I know suffer & die from cancer & wished they had the option at the time. I currently know 1 person who is using MJ for medicinal use & is working quite well for them. It's not for everyone, but neither is alcohol. So legalize it already.

Don't worry dude. You don't need marijuana. We can alwyas prescribe you Zoloft or Xanax. That would be a far better situation.

MannyIsGod
08-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Thank Jesus for going to the wedding in Cana:toast

It was really grape juice.

Extra Stout
08-27-2009, 05:33 PM
The prohibition of marijuana in contemporary American society has a lot of parallels with the prohibition of alcohol in the America of the 1920's. Among the parallels are its utter lack of effectiveness, and the boon it gives to organized crime.

marini martini
08-27-2009, 05:43 PM
It was really grape juice.

Maybe in your Bible!!!

mFFL03
08-27-2009, 06:24 PM
there's a decent documentary that I watched recently which was of course the normal cheerleader for weed and it's nonharmful ways....

however, it did bring up a point I never thought of before: we will never fully have weed legal in the states....at least for a long while. this is why we have such a big movement of "medical marijuana".

Think of everyone who has gone to jail...for days, months, weeks, years for marijuana. after decades and decades of hard law punishment, how are we supposed to suddenly do a 180 degree turnaround and have our govt say "oh yah, about that weed thing...it's ok now...sorry..."

It will slowly be decriminalized or used as medical marijuana for the next 25-30 years until everyone who has been locked up is in their golden years, or dead, and cannot sue any state or local govt for their previous hardships or downfalls due to being arrested for this drug.

this is why pot will never be "legal" for a long time.

Hooters Girl
08-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Although I disagree with many of her points....
Angel_luv stood her ground and traded replies with the best the Club has to offer and did so without pulling Tpark/johnsmith/koriwhat meltdowns, I think she deserves credit! :tu

koriwhat
08-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Angel_luv stood her ground and traded replies with the best the Club has to offer and did so without pulling Tpark/johnsmith/koriwhat meltdowns, I think she deserves credit! :tu

show us your titties!

balli
08-27-2009, 07:29 PM
http://doctore.blog.is/users/b4/doctore/img/bong_smoking_jesus.jpg

Drachen
08-27-2009, 07:46 PM

I believe that there are federal ramifications if they completely decriminalize it, therefore keep it a criminal offense, but quit wasting resources on such an idiot law (oh and I don't smoke, I have, but really don't like it at all, but I dont care if anyone else does).

Drachen
08-27-2009, 07:59 PM

Yes but marijuana is a gateway to food. Do you want that on your conscience?

tp2021
08-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Yes but marijuana is a gateway to food. Do you want that on your conscience?

Dubya was right! Weed is a gateway drug. It leads to more dangerous substance abuse, like 89 cent cheesy double beef burritos.

DPG21920
08-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Picture 1

http://www.foodgeekery.com/fullimg/kfc-doubledown4.jpg

Picture 2

http://www.ibabuzz.com/politics/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/marijuana.jpg

Lets play a game. One of these pictures comes from God's Earth and the other is man made. Which is it?

One is legal and one is not, which is it?

One is causing a major health crisis and kills more people than the other, which is it?

Cry Havoc
08-27-2009, 09:56 PM

I like a_l, but actually all she did was repeatedly state her position without answering or responding to several points made in the thread.

balli
08-27-2009, 10:59 PM
That's how I roll...

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4774/dscn7159.jpg

What did the non-smokers have for dinner?

Fpoonsie
08-27-2009, 11:03 PM
That's how I roll...

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4774/dscn7159.jpg

What did the non-smokers have for dinner?

:lol I have NEVER gotten baked and craved a red bell pepper afterwards.

Weird.

Trainwreck2100
08-27-2009, 11:08 PM
weed never had it never wi....... Probably won't

InRareForm
08-27-2009, 11:27 PM
weed is great

LuvBones
08-27-2009, 11:29 PM
So many great arguments and yet marijuana is still illegal. =(

Every person who is denied the legitimate medical use of marijuana is someone your ignorance harms. I feel that instead of feeling like you owe it to the world to voice your opinion you should take the stance that you owe it to the world to first LEARN about the subjects you plan on voice your opinion on. What good is an opinion that's based on ignorance?

Very well said!! I know when I was going through chemotherapy and all that horribleness that came with cancer, it would have been nice to have some marijuana to help with all the side affects. But I wasn't allowed to try something that would make me feel much better because it's illegal. Yet I could go out and get drunk or smoke after treatment. I don't understand how something so poisonous and toxic as alcohol/tobacco can be okay, but not marijuana, that is a plant that God put on the earth. People that think marijuana is a horrible drug are "brainwashed" by the government. You need to stop being so closed-minded about it and realize the healing properties marijuana has! Argh!!!!

iggypop123
08-27-2009, 11:39 PM
i feel this way. marijuana for medical purposes great! for personal use hell no. the thing is though allow the medical use and people are going to exploit it that way and use it anyways ruining it for the people who NEED it not just want it to use it for their leisure

Lance
08-28-2009, 12:43 AM
i feel this way. marijuana for for personal use hell no.

Angel I think you married the wrong dude! :lol

Tenacious D
08-28-2009, 12:54 AM
i feel this way. marijuana for personal use hell no.

Are you really that much of a wet blanket? Are you saying Jim Morrison,John Lennon,Jimmy Hendricks,Bill Mahr,Willy Nelson,etc....need to have Cancer to relax and enjoy a nice bong hit? I bet you would have been a popular dude at Woodstock. I wonder how many artist on your Ipod are smoke free and if not are you willing to take them off your music list.

Fat Bones
08-28-2009, 03:09 AM
i feel this way. marijuana for medical purposes great! for personal use hell no. the thing is though allow the medical use and people are going to exploit it that way and use it anyways ruining it for the people who NEED it not just want it to use it for their leisure

Congratulations on your support of medicinal use. The current restrictions are vicious and criminal in themselves; just completely reprehensible.

So, why are you threatened by recreational use? Personal use in the privacy of your own home and that sort of thing?
You know, responsible, adult use.

SAGambler
08-28-2009, 09:50 AM

Do you even know why it was declared criminal in the first place? Had more to do with politics and the "saving" of (IIRC) Rockerfeller's huge timber holdings.

SAGambler
08-28-2009, 10:00 AM

Uh, like Religion.

johnsmith
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM

I post about once a month nowadays and I'm still in your head.

Kermit
08-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Picture 1

http://www.foodgeekery.com/fullimg/kfc-doubledown4.jpg

Picture 2

http://www.ibabuzz.com/politics/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/marijuana.jpg

Lets play a game. One of these pictures comes from God's Earth and the other is man made. Which is it?

One is legal and one is not, which is it?

One is causing a major health crisis and kills more people than the other, which is it?

One makes the other one attainable and delicious.

jb4g
08-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Im glad to see another major US city finally come to the realization that policing pot is a waste of resources and taxpayers money. The seeds of change are coming, but will have to start at the local level and work up, outright federal legalization is still many years if not decades away. However, ive read that Obama has instructed the DEA to focus elsewhere, and leave it up to the states to decide how to handle the issue for now, which is a positive step forward.

Texas recently changed their law and left the door open for local cities to make weed a ticketable offense only in small amounts. Austin is the only city that has fell in line, and the results have been very good. They estimated in the first year since the change took affect they saved something like 2 or 3 million on policing and jail costs, and the appearance rate in court to resolve the ticket was over 90%.....which is far better than appearance rates for any other tickets they hand out. During that same time period over 5000 people were arrested in San Antonio for the same offense, because our DA flat out refuses to follow the guideline because in here eyes its still a drug. Mind you the city budget is having to be slashed left and right due to the economy, you'd think they would see this as an easy way to save a few million right away.

Heat Miser
08-28-2009, 10:38 AM

I post about once a month nowadays and I'm still in your head.

:lol

Lets give Angel a break! after all she just found out a week ago what her vagina is really used for, so let her take her time learning about "the pot"
as she calls it.:tu

Lance
08-28-2009, 02:49 PM
xiJFfRmO-r0

z6imoIVxDMk

wJqm9KL1q-s

balli
08-28-2009, 03:23 PM
0FwWM7nsxd0

marini martini
08-28-2009, 03:33 PM
I wish we could grow it. I think it would be a lovely annual in our flower beds.:D

mouse
08-31-2009, 11:43 AM
Hey Angel download or rent this documentary!

:tu
sknoKWsVlAA

Bigzax
08-31-2009, 12:04 PM
if Satan smoked pot, we wouldn't have half the shitty problems in this world to deal with...if only...

mouse
08-31-2009, 12:19 PM
http://www.jeffhughart.com/images/satan_cigar.jpg

Heat Miser
08-31-2009, 01:48 PM
Angel don't let Satan change you, stay as you are! :toast

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-31-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't smoke weed, but I have no problem with those who do. I definitely think the money spent to fight this 'crime' could be put to better use. Legalizing pot makes perfect sense.

baseline bum
08-31-2009, 03:31 PM

Who says acting lawfully is always the right thing to do?

angel_luv
09-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Who says acting lawfully is always the right thing to do?

What I meant by lawfully was if, for example, people would respect privacy and property and not break into other people's houses, there would be no need for locks on doors or security systems.

balli
09-01-2009, 11:41 AM
lol

z0sa
09-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Taxpayers foot a $1 billion bill for incarcerating 800,000 pot smokers in 2005. About 50,000 actually served time. That's annual. Click. (http://www.alternet.org/rights/47815/)

DisAsTerBot
09-01-2009, 02:33 PM
If people would act lawfully just because it was the right thing to do, would there be a need for religion?

fify

mouse
09-01-2009, 02:49 PM
2008 number of Deaths due to Pot smoking 0

2008 number of deaths due to drinking coffee 6,000

any questions?

baseline bum
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM
It's funny that this country has such a hard attitude towards weed. In various times through history tobacco was an evil drug whose use was punishable by execution, coffee was once an evil drug... I honestly think everything from weed to coke to acid should be legal for an adult to put in his own body though. If I can legally stuff myself with chili fries and pepsi I don't see why I can't do something much less destructive like smoke a bowl or two.