PDA

View Full Version : Nazr: 19 Points, 15 Boards

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 10:13 PM
By all you naysayers about Nazr. One does not go from a nearly double double player in the league to a stiff overnight.

Guys got heart and has fought back through adversity and now support him!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Not to mention he's cleaning up Tony's mess here in the fourth ;)

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Parker is playing good for a guy thats played about 70 80 minutes in 2 games.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Jerseyboy,

It's called sarcasm.

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:19 PM
its called not being able to understand sarcasm on a messageboard.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Nazr had a sweet game tonight, I didn't think he had it in him. Thanks Nazr. I definetly want him on the PO roster.

picnroll
04-10-2005, 10:41 PM
I'll take my raw. I'm so ashamed of myself.

Spurminator
04-10-2005, 10:42 PM
I had the Spurs scoring 72 points tonight. Save some for me.

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Screw that.

Were all spurs fans.

Ive just maintained since his skid lately, GIVE HIM TIME, and I meant time with the team and time PT time.

He needs more than 8 and 13 minutes a game.

GoldToe
04-10-2005, 10:44 PM
I'll put a sock in it.
Hit the free throw.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 10:45 PM
The scary thing is he'll have bigger games tonight once he gets to play next to Duncan on the weakside.

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:45 PM
missed 2 free throws.

But, I mean come, hes gotta toe the company bad FT line right?? lol.

15 rebounds. Unreal. Fantastic game.

THese are the games you see statisticly he had with New York.

Still not as good as the game against Jermaine Oneal, but still, a good one.

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:49 PM
The scary thing is he'll have bigger games tonight once he gets to play next to Duncan on the weakside

Awesome point Aggie.

Duncan helping out on defense, Nazr learning more and more, and getting more PT and confidence in the next few games???

Rasho's injury could be a blessing.

That last clal though, come on, you call that with 20 seconds left??

BS.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 10:52 PM
What do you expect? Baron's got it going on right now. That means he gets the calls too.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Nazr played an incredible 2nd half. He played a good first half as well, but the 2nd half and the OT he played were awesome

T Park
04-10-2005, 10:54 PM
I know, but come on, that was a weak call.

The golden state guy said he shouldve jumped and altered the shot, but he didnt want to do that cause you dont want to foul out.

Thats bogus.

Typical NBA BS call.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 11:14 PM
It's amazing what can happen when you get some PT.

Recognize hatas.

T Park
04-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Great game from the Nazr.

Hope he has the same success on tuesday against Portland.

Tougher center in Pryzbilla, bring the heat Nazr bring it again.

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 11:18 PM
I have been posting all along that no way does a guy who averaged nearly a double double a game suddenly become a stiff.

Nazr is going to be a big part of Spurs future!

Kori Ellis
We don't need 20 threads about Nazr. Please control yourselves.

Yes, he had a great game. It doesn't mean he never sucked.

exstatic
I've been pulling for him, but was discouraged lately. He definitely manned up tonight, and brought the lunchpail. Three blocks, too. Pretty good for a non-shotblocker. ;)

MI21
04-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Haven't seen the game yet, but congrats to Nazr. Maybe it could kickstart his season. 19/15 are Malik Rose type numbers starting in place of an injured big man ;)

PS - 3 blocks too :hat

E20
04-10-2005, 11:20 PM
PS
He's only got like 2 minutes the past 6 games.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-10-2005, 11:21 PM
We don't need 20 threads about Nazr. Please control yourselves.

Yes, he had a great game. It doesn't mean he never sucked.
oh come on, Kori!! Let's leave it at "he had a great game", or are you a Nazr hater too?

Tek_XX
04-10-2005, 11:22 PM
We'll see if Nazr can back this up with another solid performace, or will he be the black brent barry

T Park
04-10-2005, 11:22 PM
It doesn't mean he never sucked

come on Kori.

Hes never gotten big minutes like tonight.

Hs finally shown what we said he was. It finally took an injury to get him more than 8 minutes.

Fantastic game by the Mohammed.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-10-2005, 11:23 PM
come on Kori.

Hes never gotten big minutes like tonight.

Hs finally shown what we said he was. It finally took an injury to get him more than 8 minutes.

Fantastic game by the Mohammed.
Exactly

Tek_XX
04-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Tpark the reason he gets pulled in games is becuase he sucked alot of the time, we don't have time for players to screw around out there.

exstatic
04-10-2005, 11:27 PM
We'll see if Nazr can back this up with another solid performace, or will he be the black brent barry
:lmao

Well, Nazr shouldn't want for minutes in at least the next 4 games, with Rasho out.

T Park
04-10-2005, 11:30 PM
Tpark the reason he gets pulled in games is becuase he sucked alot of the time, we don't have time for players to screw around out there

thats BS.

Total BS. Just because a guy struggles for 4 minutes, doesnt mean without more minutes he doesnt turn it around.

Total BS, hes struggled and he gets benched.

Thats been a huge beef Ive always had with pop, a guy CAN come back from a bad quarter, half , whatever.

exstatic
04-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Don't sweat it, TPark. He'll probably start the next 4 games.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I said when he got here that he'd produce if you gave him a starting a role. The jury's still out, but it's looking good so far.

T Park
04-10-2005, 11:33 PM
nah I know.

Hes starting till Rasho comes back in the playoffs.

I just hope he doesnt stink again/

E20
04-10-2005, 11:36 PM
He sucked for the first 2 minutes of the games in which he played a total of 3? ( Which is probably around 75% of his total games as a Spurs.)

IcemanCometh
04-10-2005, 11:37 PM
sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then

mookie2001
04-10-2005, 11:39 PM
i was gonna start 2 new threads about nazr
but ill just say he came through

Tek_XX
04-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Tpark, pop will not keep Nazr in the game when he's crap just so you can get off on it.

spursfan05
04-10-2005, 11:49 PM
it takes nestorvich 3 games to get 15 rebounds

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Manny has stepped up big time and apologized now about the rest of you bashers, contrition is good, just do it.

whottt
04-11-2005, 12:00 AM
I'll give Nazr props...but to those who were paying attention...I started saying he looked better and less lost in last nights game VS the Clips.....

I won't question Nazr's heart and you can tell by his attitude that he is fearless...but I do still question his ability to pick every thing up...and he does make stupid fucking fouls...

That foul he made tonight cost us the win in the first OT...and even worse he fouled out of the game om that play when he was having monster game...There was absolutely no reason to foul there...it was a really stupid foul.

But I will give him a pass because that was really his only bad foul of the game.....but it did cost us the win in the first OT.

caŽlo
04-11-2005, 12:04 AM
agree with kori.

nazr looked lost a couple of time there on the defensive end.

especially on the O.T.'s

yes he made a a couple of shots.. but he sucked a couple of times too.

not a nazr hater here btw. just pointin out what i saw.

boutons
04-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Points in the paint:
Spurs 50
Warriors 60!!!!!!!

I bet Rasho would have kept them from getting 60. Sometimes it felt like Spurs were holding open house down there.

boutons
04-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Yes, he had a great game, but went out really bad. That foul, and then missing the FTs.

Nikos
04-11-2005, 12:09 AM
How was the Coors and Pizza boutons?

I had to settle for a double cheeseburger, two mcChickens and an orange HiC.

Rummpd
04-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Always the negative, can you recall any Spur in this many minutes getting 10 offensive rebounds. Give him his friggin props without him there would have been no overtimes period.

King
04-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Parker is playing good for a guy thats played about 70 80 minutes in 2 games.

I think he's right at 100 minutes, actually.

Solid D
04-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Nazr was still a Diplodocus in there tonight, but he was a "good Diplodocus".

http://dinosauricon.com/sils/diplodocidae.gif

Dre_7
04-11-2005, 12:20 AM
I'll take a 19pt 15reb Diplodocus anyday!

MI21
04-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Damn, Solid. If only we still had Kevin Willis. The "All Jurassic" Frontline.

mouse
04-11-2005, 12:24 AM
That will teach you all to criticize your players before the playoffs even get here.

You don't ever see me talk bad about any of my Mighty Mavericks do you?
To say a player sucks one game then you want him on the playoffs roster the next game? that shows only two things A Your a flaky fence riding BI polar sports fan who has one foot off the wagon at all times. and B As soon as he screws up you will be back to complaining about him which means you will be back to doing A

You guys sound like those clowns they have on the radio talking about how bad Pop and the spurs organization messed up getting these new guys and when they do well they talk about how they new all along that so and so was the right choice, All I have to do is go to page 3 and see how many of you said who sucked just to go to page two to see you all say so and so rules !

At least wait till the playoffs before you ask for someone head on a plate.

Major Props to Manny for at least admitting he was wrong, and eating his crow,

A very rare thing for spur fans to do.

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Spurs-suck-1.jpg

Solid D
04-11-2005, 12:27 AM
That will teach you all to criticize your players before the playoffs even get here.

You don't ever see me talk bad about any of my Mighty Mavericks do you?
To say a player sucks one game then you want him on the playoffs roster the next game? that shows only two things A Your a flaky fence riding BI polar sports fan who has one foot off the wagon at all times. and B As soon as he screws up you will be back to complaining about him which means you will be back to doing A

You guys sound like those clowns they have on the radio talking about how bad Pop and the spurs organization messed up getting these new guys and when they do well they talk about how they new all along that so and so was the right choice, All I have to do is go to page 3 and see how many of you said who sucked just to go to page two to see you all say so and so rules !

At least wait till the playoffs before you ask for someone head on a plate.

Major Props to Manny for at least admitting he was wrong, and eating his crow,

A very rare thing for spur fans to do.

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Spurs-suck-1.jpg
:lol Pick a side Sybil

whottt
04-11-2005, 12:41 AM
Always the negative, can you recall any Spur in this many minutes getting 10 offensive rebounds. Give him his friggin props without him there would have been no overtimes period.

It's not always the negative...it's just pointing a big weakness in his game...I gave him props for his improvement...I gave it to him last night when he didn't even play that much or that well...

But dumb foulers are dangerous in close games...

Not only because of the and 1 he gave that tied the game...but because we needed him in that game...

You see what makes me a better hater is that I don't go around attacking the guys heart or ability to play under pressure...I never attacked that about Nazr...I attacked his intelligence...and I still am not sold on it. In the playoffs you can't make those kind of mistakes, they can cost you a title.

I am a higher quality hater than ducks, TPark, Erratic because I dont' make cheap unprovable attacks...

Unlike tards like Erratic who do it even when a guy is playing good under pressure...

Solid D
04-11-2005, 12:44 AM
:rollin Classic take.

Solid D
04-11-2005, 12:47 AM
You ever see a Diplodocus catch a pass clean? Neither have I - thank you very much. I rest my case.

Nazr stepped up bigtime, though. Props to Nazr.

ChumpDumper
04-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Nazr seems hard-wired for crashing the offensive boards. He's got a long way to go to be a Spur-level defensive big man, but I liked what I saw.

Iron Giant
04-11-2005, 01:51 AM
I'm just happy to see this thread has gone this long without Malik being mentioned.

Oops.

mattyc
04-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Great to see Nazr do well in extended time. Now... he has to back it up.

SLOVENIAN 8
04-11-2005, 02:48 AM
I hope he continue like that. But if he will sux next game everybody will post Nazr is shit, he can`t do that, this......... :blah :blah

He was 7/17 , so they makes plays for him.

Solid D
04-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Totally wierd. 3 posts from another thread just appeared in this thread between MI21's post and my response to him. They were not there last night but they are there now.

2 by mouse from the "eating crow" thread and 1 by Whottt entitled "Time for big time apologies".

Taco
04-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Nazr will get another double double vs the trailmixers

spurster
04-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Good to see Nazr play well. I'm trying to decide whether to say "It's about time" (so I can be a Nazr-hater).

TwoHandJam
04-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Props to Nazr, he was huge last night. I've always supported him but I thought he would only pay dividends for us next year. Hopefully he can show us more of what he showed us last night this year and help us on our title run.

Pop has to work on how many minutes he plays new guys and how and when he yanks them from games. It seems that too many of our guys rediscover their games only because guys are injured and not because of Pop giving them the right conditions succeed. Of course it's not all on Pop but I feel he needs work in this area.

Props to the whole squad on their 2 game effort. This could be the turning point that galvanizes them as a team.

Ishta
04-11-2005, 08:51 AM
OK.... Even I have to give the guy credit... He finally... no no actually brought it tonight. This game was very important for a few reasons mainly being that they COULD win a road game!! My gads the way they did it on a back to back road trip under 24 hours apart is freaking amazing. Phoenix loosing is also helpinghttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif
Not to mention seeing Tim jump around on the sidelines!! He'll be back soon. These two wins look like a pretty nice warm up to go into playoffs! The pressure is on, and The Spurs have SHOWN they do no, and will not crack under it...

GO SPURS GO

wildbill2u
04-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Damn, I hate it when I have to agree with the Mouse from Dallas. But he's right about some posters being bi-polar about the team or certain players.

One bad game and it's throw away the season tickets or trade that bum or fire the coach. One good game and we're gonna win it all, because the players are all-stars and CIA Pop is a genius.

Take your meds and enjoy this team for what it is--not for the all time dream team of your fantasies.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Damn, I hate it when I have to agree with the Mouse from Dallas.

It's okay to agree with him. Mouse isn't a real Mavs fan; he plays one on the internet. Mouse was on the front of the riverboat parade in 1999. He was cheering for the Spurs against the Lakers last season at Madison Avenue. He just made a pact with himself in 2000 that he wasn't going to be a Spurs fan until they fired Pop, so right now he's a Mavs fan. I believe if you cut him open, he'll still bleed Silver and Black.

whottt
04-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Let's find out :)

Solid D
04-11-2005, 09:28 AM
"Tonight I played my game, getting the offensive boards, along with just going out and playing hard....It's not hard, just different from what I'm used to. I have some tendencies left over and it's difficult to break those and do what the coach wants here." - Nazr Mohammed

MI21
04-11-2005, 09:36 AM
I noticed that too, Solid.

SpursTalk has ghosts. Maybe it is the one and only Ghost.

:lol

whottt
04-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I think the Ghost is Kori or TimVP merging threads....they are sneaky about that.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I merged five Nazr threads into one.

samikeyp
04-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Nazr played well but one game does not a playoff roster make. I want to see if he can finish out the season strong.

caŽlo
04-11-2005, 03:46 PM
watching the games replay right now.

nazr's playin good. on second look :) it wasnt that bad :)

cherylsteele
04-11-2005, 03:56 PM
missed 2 free throws.

But, I mean come, hes gotta toe the company bad FT line right?? lol.

15 rebounds. Unreal. Fantastic game.

THese are the games you see statisticly he had with New York.

Still not as good as the game against Jermaine Oneal, but still, a good one.

No....but like you imply...it was a solid all-around effort.....I have been disappointed in his play since he came here...he had shown flashes but seemes to be foul-prone.

My only beef is I wish he had helped do a better job clogging up the lane......oh well we won...that is all that matters.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Malik could have done this easily, He has had huge games for us in the past too.

T Park
04-11-2005, 07:11 PM
RTD, give me a break.

Get over it. Mohammed is a stud. Period. I hope he brings it again tommarow night to silence the haters out there.

MannyIsGod
04-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Nazr is far from a stud.

Lets be real here. The Spurs ran no coherent offensive system last night at all. I still question Nazr's ability to contribute well while the Spurs are running their system. Also, he played much better D in the 2nd half, but I'm waiting to see if he can carry that over to the next game.

Nazr is far from a lock to play that way ever single game, or even play on an elevated level every game. Although I think last night may have earned him a spot on the PO roster, it's still not for sure. I think if he plays horrible the next few games, he can play himself right back off.

The one thing he needs to bring in every single game for the rest of the season is his energy. He was fighting last night, and if he brings that he can't help but contribute in some manner.

But a stud? Lets be real.

T Park
04-11-2005, 07:52 PM
I still question Nazr's ability to contribute well while the Spurs are running their system.

I agree. But like we agreed on last night. A summer and a training camp, and that will be fixed.

Yes, this guy is a stud, this guy shot is ugly, but it DOES fall, wait till some of those shots that were in and out like Mark's shots, start falling.

A couple of hooks last night just barely missed, a drop here and there and hes got 23 and 15.

If he can average 10 and 10, with the minutes hell be getting soon, then that proves he is.

Bring energy??? No problem, hell get the minutes now to show off.

No worrying of looking over the shoulder.

mookie2001
04-11-2005, 08:05 PM
I merged five Nazr threads into one.
she did tell us to control ourselves too

kori is this the start of a more stringent thread policy
a spurstalk patriot act, if you will

E20
04-11-2005, 08:27 PM
She just hates Nazr.

milkyway21
04-11-2005, 08:29 PM
i'm glad because I'm one of the Spurs' fans who support for Barry & Nazr...now, they show they can be factors to help this team win its 3rd title.

With Tim going to be back soon, & Rasho(?), I'm sure we can make it to the finals...

happy days are here again:elephant

T Park
04-11-2005, 09:00 PM
She just hates Nazr.

she doesnt hate him. But doesnt like him.

thats her perogitive, her opinion.

SequSpur
04-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Nazr would be in the hall of fame in the East Conference.