Here's an ad they're totally fine with.

TP4Uplt4Few

George Gervin's Afro
08-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Here's the ad they won't air because they say it's 'partisan'

TEHl_RhpMh8

TP4Uplt4Few

Another McCaughey backtrack: How many more before media discredit her?
http://mediamatters.org/items/200908270022

Serial misinformer Betsy McCaughey again backtracked on a false claim she made about health care reform, now writing in The Wall Street Journal that White House adviser Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel believes reform must include "redefining" the Hippocratic Oath; in May, Media Matters for America noted McCaughey had falsely claimed Emanuel wanted to "eliminate" the oath. McCaughey's claim is the latest in a series of instances in which she was caught making an outright false claim about health care reform and backtracked, but nonetheless continued to attack and distort progressives' policies without acknowledging her backtrack from her prior falsehood.
McCaughey: Emanuel believes reform must include "redefining" the Hippocratic Oath
From McCaughey's August 27 Journal column:

Dr. Emanuel says that health reform will not be pain free, and that the usual recommendations for cutting medical spending (often urged by the president) are mere window dressing. As he wrote in the Feb. 27, 2008, issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA): "Vague promises of savings from cutting waste, enhancing prevention and wellness, installing electronic medical records and improving quality of care are merely 'lipstick' cost control, more for show and public relations than for true change."

True reform, he argues, must include redefining doctors' ethical obligations. In the June 18, 2008, issue of JAMA, Dr. Emanuel blames the Hippocratic Oath for the "overuse" of medical care: "Medical school education and post graduate education emphasize thoroughness," he writes. "This culture is further reinforced by a unique understanding of professional obligations, specifically the Hippocratic Oath's admonition to 'use my power to help the sick to the best of my ability and judgment' as an imperative to do everything for the patient regardless of cost or effect on others." [Wall Street Journal, 8/27/09]

Emanuel did not "blame" the oath for the "overuse" of medical care. Rather, as Media Matters noted, he argued in his June 18 JAMA piece, co-authored by Victor R. Fuchs, that the culture of health care "overuse" has led physicians to interpret the Hippocratic Oath "as an imperative to do everything for the patient regardless of cost or effect on others."

McCaughey previously said Emanuel wanted to "eliminate" the Hippocratic Oath
From the May 11 edition of Fox Business' Cavuto:

McCAUGHEY: He said you hear all of these vague promises of savings from health information technology, from eliminating waste, from preventive care. He calls that "merely lipstick cost control" -- more for show and PR than for real.

He said if you want to save money in health care, we're going to have to push doctors to eliminate the Hippocratic Oath and give more attention to costs when they're treating a patient. Don't be focused so much on the welfare of your own patient; think about where else the money could be spent -- maybe for prenatal care for the lady down the hall.

McCaughey has a history of backtracking her attacks on Democrats' health care proposals when confronted
CLAIM: Provisions in the economic recovery act would permit the government to dictate treatment.

Discussing the health care information technology provisions on CNN's Lou Dobbs Tonight, McCaughey asserted, "It promises several things. It promises that whatever the system is, it's going to eliminate inefficient care, excessive care, duplicative care. It's going to eliminate disparities of care between one person and another." Responding to host Lou Dobbs' claim, "[T]he issue is, in whose opinion is it duplication?" McCaughey asserted, "Whatever the federal government deems unnecessary care. Take a look at page 442. And worse yet -- and now I'm speaking really to the physicians -- this bill gives the secretary of Health and Human Services the power to determine which doctors are, quote, 'meaningful users of this new system' -- it's against the rules not to be -- and empowers the secretary to use quote, 'increasingly stringent measures to enforce compliance.' " [2/10/09]
On Fox News' Glenn Beck, McCaughey said the provisions "explain why every doctor in the United States and every patient will be required to use these records. It says that it will achieve elimination of waste, more cost-effective medicine, that it will eliminate disparities between what one patient gets and another" and that "[t]he secretary of Health and Human Services is empowered to determine which medical providers, doctors, and hospitals are, quote, 'meaningful users of this system,' and therefore, in compliance. And, the HHS secretary is also authorized to use 'increasingly stringent measures' -- that's the language in the bill -- 'to enforce compliance.' " [2/10/09]
McCaughey backtrack: Legislation is vague enough to allow it to happen in the future. Indeed, CNN senior medical correspondent Elizabeth Cohen reported during the February 11 edition of CNN Newsroom, "I had a PDF of the bill up on my computer. I said, 'Show me where in the bill it says that this bill is going to have the government telling your doctor what to do.' And she directed me to language -- it didn't actually say that. But she said that it was vague enough that it would allow for that to happen in the future." Cohen added, "Now when we asked the folks who wrote this bill, 'Hey, is this bill going to allow the government to tell doctors what to do?" they used words like, 'preposterous' and 'completely and wildly untrue.' "

CLAIM: The House health care reform bill would "absolutely require" end-of-life counseling.

On Fred Thompson's July 16 radio show, McCaughey claimed of the House tri-committee health care reform bill:
McCAUGHEY: And one of the most shocking things I found in this bill, and there were many, is on Page 425, where the Congress would make it mandatory -- absolutely require -- that every five years, people in Medicare have a required counseling session that will tell them how to end their life sooner, how to decline nutrition, how to decline being hydrated, how to go in to hospice care. And by the way, the bill expressly says that if you get sick somewhere in that five-year period -- if you get a cancer diagnosis, for example -- you have to go through that session again. All to do what's in society's best interest or your family's best interest and cut your life short. These are such sacred issues of life and death. Government should have nothing to do with this. [fredthompsonshow.com, interview archives, 07/16/09]

Following her appearance on Thompson's show, McCaughey made a similar claim in a July 17 New York Post op-ed, writing that "[o]ne troubling provision" of the bill "compels seniors to submit to a counseling session every five years ... about alternatives for end-of-life care," adding that the "mandate invites abuse, and seniors could easily be pushed to refuse care."
McCaughey backtrack: Bill makes counseling mandatory "in so many words." According to a July 28 Politico article, when asked about criticism of her claim that the bill makes counseling "mandatory" -- a falsehood that earned a "Pants on Fire" status from PolitiFact.com -- McCaughey claimed that she was right about the effect (if not the literal wording) of the legislation. McCaughey stated that "[i]n so many words" the bill would make end-of-life counseling mandatory because "although it is presented in the bill as a Medicare service, when a doctor or a nurse approaches an elderly person who is in poor health, facing a decline in health, and raises these issues, it is not offering a service. It is pressuring them."

New York Times: McCaughey "largely quot[ed]" Emanuel's "past writings out of context this summer"
According to an August 24 New York Times article:

Few people hold a more uncomfortable place at the health care debate's intersection between nuanced policy and cable-ready political rhetoric than President Obama's special health care adviser, Dr. Ezekiel J. Emanuel.

Largely quoting his past writings out of context this summer, Betsy McCaughey, a former lieutenant governor of New York, labeled Dr. Emanuel a "deadly doctor" who believes health care should be "reserved for the nondisabled" -- a false assertion that Representative Michele Bachmann, Republican of Minnesota, repeated on the House floor.

[...]

Ms. McCaughey seemed to have evidence for her conclusion that "he explicitly defends discrimination against older patients" in a recent New York Post opinion article. She quoted from a paper he co-wrote for Lancet in January: "Even if 25-year-olds receive priority over 65-year-olds, everyone who is 65 years now was previously 25."

But she did not report that the paper was addressing the allocation of "very scarce resources" like kidneys or vaccines, not the system in general.

Dr. Emanuel's argument -- that young adults should take priority in vying for limited health resources because they will get more years of life from them -- is a fairly mainstream if unpleasant approach to a problem with only bad choices, ethicists and doctors of varying persuasions say.

"These kinds of dilemmas go on every day in clinical practice," said Dr. Scott Gottlieb, a physician and scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative research group. "There's a very big leap to say his contemplations about how doctors contend with these issues extends to saying he believes government should take on these issues."

Dr. Gottlieb opposes the administration's proposals, calling them too prescriptive, too expensive, and too open to eventual increased rationing.

In a brief interview, Ms. McCaughey said that either way, because of its Medicare cost cuts, "the president's proposal will force hospitals to operate with scarce resources."

The administration disputes that assertion.

Ms. McCaughey, Ms. Palin and others have based accusations that Dr. Emanuel would direct treatment away from the disabled on a 1996 paper he wrote for the Hastings Center bioethics institute.

In it, Dr. Emanuel did not assert that "medical care should be reserved for the nondisabled," as the critics have said.

The paper laid out what he called a growing consensus among competing political philosophies about how a society should allocate health care services. In clinical terms, he said that consensus held that those who "are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens" should not be guaranteed the same level of treatment as others.

He cited as an example, "not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia."

Dr. Emanuel said he was simply describing a consensus held by others, not himself.

Wall Street Journal
Wall Street Journal
WSJ Editorial Staff: [email protected]
WSJ Feedback: [email protected]

When you stop being a hypocrite and denounce complete mistruths then maybe you may gain some credibility.

DarrinS
08-28-2009, 08:23 AM
When you stop being a hypocrite and denounce complete mistruths then maybe you may gain some credibility.

If my company suddently got 50 million new customers and we didn't add a ton of people to our payrolls, we'd have to offer limited and/or lower quality services. This is just common sense.

But, you're entitled to your opinion.

Shastafarian
08-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Oooooooo I like uneven analogies too! Plus fuck the seniors. I mean, who cares if that statement about medicare is true or not. We can live without 'em.

DarrinS
08-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Oooooooo I like uneven analogies too! Plus fuck the seniors. I mean, who cares if that statement about medicare is true or not. We can live without 'em.

That was brilliant.

As for seniors --> http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133917

Shastafarian
08-28-2009, 08:29 AM
That was brilliant.

Oh, do you work in the medical field or a similar field when it relates to structure of employment and services rendered?

DarrinS
08-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Oh, do you work in the medical field or a similar field when it relates to structure of employment and services rendered?

No, but I have family members that are doctors. But, that's really besides the point.

Shastafarian
08-28-2009, 08:35 AM
If my company suddently got 50 million new customers and we didn't add a ton of people to our payrolls, we'd have to offer limited and/or lower quality services. This is just common sense.

But, you're entitled to your opinion.

No, but I have family members that are doctors. But, that's really besides the point.

It's MY point.

Drachen
08-28-2009, 08:38 AM
I absolutely am critical of these two networks for not airing this ad if the only reason is for it being "partisan." Now if it was because they thought they would lose other sponsorship by airing it, I would have no problem with it.

DarrinS
08-28-2009, 08:42 AM
Pros of Obamacare:

1. Insure 50 million who are currently uninsured
2. ?

Can people name some more? Don't even say lower cost because the CBO has already indicated it will cost a fortune.

Better quality? Based on what?

Anyone?

Shastafarian
08-28-2009, 08:42 AM
Fuck those 50 million. They'll probably be ok.

DarrinS
08-28-2009, 08:43 AM

I listed that as a pro.

George Gervin's Afro
08-28-2009, 08:44 AM

Don't tell Darrin but they already receive healthcare now..

Shastafarian
08-28-2009, 08:44 AM
I listed that as a pro.

Yes I know. But clearly them getting healthcare wouldn't be enough to sway your vote. So fuck 'em I say.

polysylab1k
08-28-2009, 08:51 AM
I wish you'd insist till you become a senior.

ratm1221
08-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Don't tell Darrin but they already receive healthcare now..

Keep the facts to a minimum please. Lets keeping sticking to "there won't be enough doctors to help everyone, look at England and Canada!"

polysylab1k
08-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Foxnews has played these ad multiple times on air anyways, regardless of the possible accusation of 'partisan'. The fair&balanced foxnews is frankly the only stream I trust and respect, fuck ABC and NBC.

101A
08-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Yes I know. But clearly them getting healthcare wouldn't be enough to sway your vote. So fuck 'em I say.

The Dems control BOTH houses and the Presidency; if they want to cover those 50 million people, they ought to do it.

THEY are putting that goal in jeopardy by not making it THE goal.

A "Public Option" is THE goal; isn't that obvious,now? - not covering the uninsured.

Demanding the public option is WHAT is fomenting all of the negative reaction from voters around the country. Drop that, or vastly restructure it, without the Draconian mandates (the structure of the "marketplace" - a 5 year phase out of current plans ("Sure you can keep your current plan for 5 years")

The Dems could pass "Universal Coverage" - and get some Republicans on board, but that's not what they REALLY want. They want a path to Single Payor, and they know that if we get to Universal Coverage WITHOUT that framework in place, or being placed on that path, they will never have the stick to beat opponents of Single Payor over the head with:

"50 MILION UNINSURED, 50 MILLION UNINSURED!!!!!!"

Is a big stick; wouldn't want to "Waste It", would we?

polysylab1k
08-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Keep the facts to a minimum please. Lets keeping sticking to "there won't be enough doctors to help everyone, look at England and Canada!"

I have to concede that it really sucks wet monkey balls for the world's greatest country to have 47m uninsured people in border, but honestly, it's even more ruthless to leave the patients grieving in queue and announce their deaths ultimately, which is commonly happening in England and Canada.

The government does foot the medical bills in England and Canada, but you have to wait a hell a long time before the doctors toss a glimpse towards you and probably when you gets your turn to get checked, your illness will have already turned inoperable and incurable. At least in America, most of the 300 million citizens are insured and the affordable treatments are accessible to them at first hand when they get sick, despite the rumored irresponsibility of doctors and hospitals.

TeyshaBlue
08-28-2009, 09:51 AM
WSJ Feedback: [email protected]

Ok. You can get started on that bogus 50 million figure.:lol

Crookshanks
08-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Ok. You can get started on that bogus 50 million figure.:lol

Yeah - you can go to the Census Bureau information and see the breakdown and that number is grossly misleading. When all is said and done, it's actually about 10 million people who should have healthcare and can't get it.

So - the dems want to blow up the entire healthcare industry for a FRACTION of the population. How about we just work on getting that 10 million covered and then see how things stand.

Wild Cobra
08-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, anyone with half a brain knows the main stream media has a strong liberal bias.

George Gervin's Afro
08-28-2009, 11:20 AM
From its glass house, Fox News attacks ABC, NBC for refusing to run anti-health reform ad
http://mediamatters.org/items/200908280012

A FoxNews.com article reported that the "refusal by ABC and NBC to run a national ad critical of President Obama's health care reform plan is raising questions from the group behind the spot -- particularly in light of ABC's health care special aired in prime time last June and hosted at the White House." Fox News, however, previously refused to air ads critical of the Bush administration, to which it had "unprecedented access."
Fox News: Ad refusal is "raising questions"
Article quotes Dick Morris on ABC's "chutzpah." Fox News contributor Dick Morris also said of ABC's refusal to air the ad: "It's the ultimate act of chutzpah because ABC is the network that turned itself over completely to Obama for a daylong propaganda fest about health care reform." From the August 27 FoxNews.com article:

The refusal by ABC and NBC to run a national ad critical of President Obama's health care reform plan is raising questions from the group behind the spot -- particularly in light of ABC's health care special aired in prime time last June and hosted at the White House.

[...]

Dick Morris, a FOX News political analyst and the League of American Voters' chief strategist, conceptualized the advertisement and said its purpose was to "refocus" the debate on health care reform.

"I feel the whole debate on health care reform needed to be refocused on the issue of Medicare," he told FOXNews.com. "Most of the debate had been on issues of socialized medicine and cost. I felt that the impact of the legislation in cutting the Medicare program and enforcing rationing needed to be addressed."

Morris, a onetime advisor to former President Bill Clinton, said he was particularly troubled by ABC's decision not to air the spot.

"It's the ultimate act of chutzpah because ABC is the network that turned itself over completely to Obama for a daylong propaganda fest about health care reform," he said. "For them to be pious and say they will not accept advertising on health care shuts their viewers out from any possible understanding of both sides of this issue." [FoxNews.com, 8/27/09]

Fox News refused to air anti-Bush ads, boasted of White House access
Ads criticizing torture, Alito were refused. As Media Matters for America noted, Fox News previously refused to air an ad produced by the Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) that criticized the Bush administration for "destroying the Constitution" through the use of renditions, torture, and other tactics. In an email provided to Media Matters by CCR, Fox News account executive Erin Kelly told the center's e-communications manager that Fox would not run the ad, but said that "[i]f you have documentation that it [the Constitution] is indeed being destroyed, we can look at that." Additionally, in 2005, Fox News refused to run an ad critical of Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito, who then-President Bush had nominated to succeed retiring Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

Fox News boasted of its "unprecedented access" to Bush White House. Morris is just the latest Fox News personality to attack ABC for its June 24 exclusive prime-time special, "Questions for the President: Prescription for America. During the Bush years, however, Fox News made much of its "unprecedented access" to the White House, using that access to ask softball questions of Bush administration officials and run specials about the administration.

For instance:

During an exclusive interview with Bush on the June 8, 2005, edition of Fox News' Your World, host Neil Cavuto asked Bush questions such as: "Almost any objective read tells you that we're still doing very, very well. ... Do you think you get a bum rap in the media on the economy?" and "Do you ever get mad at your fellow Republicans?" As Media Matters noted at the time, Media Research Center president L. Brent Bozell III defended Cavuto from criticism that he had lobbed "softball" questions to Bush, asserting that Bush was asked "some challenging questions" and that the interview "was no puff job."
Similarly, Cavuto's July 31, 2006, exclusive interview with Bush also featured softballs, false assertions, and a failure on Cavuto's part to ask any substantive questions regarding the Iraq war, as Media Matters documented. In addition, Cavuto rarely challenged Bush's answers, including Bush's claim that "I think about Al Qaeda every day" -- even though he previously asserted that he was "not that concerned" about Osama bin Laden. After the interview, Cavuto repeatedly praised the president and his ability to withstand the Miami humidity, telling Fox News' Brian Wilson that Bush "was dry as toast" and "looked great."
On February 16, 2006, then-Vice President Dick Cheney granted his first interview after accidentally shooting a hunting companion in the face to Fox News' Brit Hume. As Media Matters noted, in airing the interview, Fox omitted Cheney's comments about drinking a beer the day he shot his hunting companion, Harry Whittington, and even excluded the comments from what it said was the "full interview" posted on its website. Yet, on the February 19, 2006, edition of Fox Broadcasting Co.'s Fox News Sunday, Hume gave himself high marks for the manner in which he had conducted the interview, saying, "The last thing in the world that Dick Cheney needed on that day was a soft interview," and "my job was to simply sit there and walk through this episode with him and ask all the relevant questions."
Moreover, Hume neglected to ask a number of "relevant" questions, as Media Matters noted. For example, Cheney appeared to accept responsibility for shooting Whittington ("Well, ultimately, I'm the guy who pulled the trigger"), but Hume failed to ask Cheney why he allowed surrogates -- without challenging or correcting them -- to publicly blame Whittington for the accident.

On September 30, 2006, Fox aired a special on then-Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, titled "Why He Fights," which promised to "examine why President Bush stands behind him and what drives the 73-year-old Rumsfeld to soldier on." In a "Reporter's Notebook" entry on the documentary, Bret Baier, who interviewed Rumsfeld, wrote: "[F]or me, Rumsfeld continues to be one of the most fascinating figures in President Bush's war cabinet." He continued: "At 74 years old, he is a self-made millionaire many times over. He once served as the nation's youngest defense secretary --- now he's the oldest. So what keeps him going? What makes him continue to fight?"
Baier further described the special as a "series of one-on-one interviews with Rumsfeld that took place over the course of several months," adding: "I traveled with Rumsfeld to Iraq numerous times, spoke with him at the Pentagon, and even rode along with him as he traveled to and from the White House."

On the October 16, 17, and 18, 2006, editions of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, host Bill O'Reilly aired portions of his October 16 interview with Bush, which consisted of such "tough questions" as whether then-Sen. Hillary Clinton is "soft on terrorism," whether "the anti-Bush press" is responsible for popular opposition to the war, and whether Bush was aware that critics "are trying to destroy you." O'Reilly also asked Bush: "[Y]ou work hard, right?"
In his introduction to the October 16 interview segment, O'Reilly stated that "[b]ecause every presidential interview is finite," he would concentrate on "what is happening now." Absent from the interview, O'Reilly stated, would be any questions that "look back," because, "[w]hat good does it do to rehash WMDs?" According to the onscreen text, "Looking back doesn't do anybody any good."

On October 13, 2007, Fox News aired "Dick Cheney: No Retreat," which was described as "an exclusive interview" with Cheney and teased as "a rare glimpse into the life of the vice president."
On February 2 and February 3, 2008, Fox News aired a documentary titled, "George W. Bush: Fighting to the Finish," after, as Fox itself described, Baier "was granted unprecedented access by George W. Bush as the president begins the final year of his extraordinarily consequential tenure

but, but,but Fox news is fair and balanced..they are the only news source that i watch ..yada.. and you dead enders claim libs are lemmings..

why do i think that you righties were all in agreement with fox not running that ads..seems there's lots of hyperbole in the ad they wouldn't run..but now they hyperboles about healthcare are whored by fox news... :rolleyes

DarrinS
08-28-2009, 11:21 AM
but, but,but Fox news is fair and balanced..they are the only news source that i watch ..yada.. and you dead enders claim libs are lemmings..

why do i think that you righties were all in agreement with fox not running that ads..seems there's lots of hyperbole in the ad they wouldn't run..but now they hyperboles about healthcare are whored by fox news... :rolleyes

Is Fox refusing to air the AARP ad?

George Gervin's Afro
08-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Is Fox refusing to air the AARP ad?

I don't know darrins. are they?

antimvp
08-28-2009, 01:43 PM
the Fairness Doctrine would make them air ads on both sides......so shut up.

LnGrrrR
08-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Here's the ad they won't air because they say it's 'partisan'

TEHl_RhpMh8

TP4Uplt4Few

If you don't like it, you could always boycott their station.

Or do you think they should be forced to air ads that they think are partisan? :lol

hope4dopes
08-28-2009, 08:42 PM

Let's stick to who owns the media and what are you allowed to know,think,say.
and not sidestep the issue

ChumpDumper
08-28-2009, 08:54 PM
So you want a fairness doctrine now?

Nbadan
08-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Well, anyone with half a brain knows the main stream media has a strong liberal bias.

:lmao

That's crap...just because CBS, NBC and ABC aren't as wing-nut as FAUX News does not make them 'liberal'

Vici
08-29-2009, 12:15 AM

That's crap...just because CBS, NBC and ABC aren't as wing-nut as FAUX News does not make them 'liberal'

That's the funny thing isn't it. They consider people like Rush and Bill as moderates which leaves everyone else in the world as liberals. You gotta wonder, if they aren't considered radical conservatives then who are?

antimvp
08-29-2009, 07:39 AM
wow, now the GOP wants a Fairness Doctrine.......fucking reugs are annoying as hell.

antimvp
08-29-2009, 07:40 AM
If you don't like it, you could always boycott their station.

Or do you think they should be forced to air ads that they think are partisan? :lol

FARINESS DOCTRINE ASSHOLE:lol

antimvp
08-29-2009, 07:40 AM
FAiRNESS DOCTRINE ASSHOLE:lol

antimvp
08-29-2009, 07:41 AM
FAIrNESS DOCTRINE ASSHOLE:lol

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2009, 08:56 AM
That's the funny thing isn't it. They consider people like Rush and Bill as moderates which leaves everyone else in the world as liberals. You gotta wonder, if they aren't considered radical conservatives then who are?

I watch alot of Fox News primarily because it keeps my competitive juices going. I like to watch the anti obama channel moreso than any other but it does get a bit tiresome with the 24 obama bash fest.

jack sommerset
08-29-2009, 09:01 AM
I watch alot of Fox News primarily because it keeps my competitive juices going. I like to watch the anti obama channel moreso than any other but it does get a bit tiresome with the 24 obama bash fest.

When anyone says "The government can't afford healthcare for 50 million people" what do you think?

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2009, 09:07 AM
When anyone says "The government can't afford healthcare for 50 million people" what do you think?

Hey Jack Fox Bashes Obama on everything he does. Fox News perpetuates mistruths all the time and it has become synonymous with conservativism. It's ok man you can admit it..

DarrinS
08-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Hey Jack Fox Bashes Obama on everything he does. Fox News perpetuates mistruths all the time and it has become synonymous with conservativism. It's ok man you can admit it..

I admit it. Fox is a biased network.

What about the other 4 major networks? How did they behave over the last 8 years? Off the top of my head, I can remember one prominent "journalist" that is no longer employed because of his mistruth.

SpurNation
08-29-2009, 09:28 AM
The air waves and cable lines would be indoctrinated with all points of view and not just 2 points of view if there were to be a true "Fairness Doctrine" implemented.

And if conservatives would want to get their message out to the masses I wouldn't think they would be opposed to such a doctrine since most conservative views are not aired in the national media.

But then too we would have to be subjected to views from all sorts of political oranizations. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. Can you imagine having "The Rights for the Abuse of Plants" and so on aired in order to provide equal time.

Of course they could slot them in place of all those retarded infomercials...;)

jack sommerset
08-29-2009, 09:42 AM

It's a simple question.

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2009, 09:55 AM
It's a simple question.

I would answer we already do pay for thier healthcare. I assume somed these folks get sick.

jack sommerset
08-29-2009, 10:30 AM
I would answer we already do pay for thier healthcare. I assume somed these folks get sick.

No we don't. We don't pay for 50 million of them. We don't pay for them to get a finger stuck up there ass or there titty felt for lumps. We don't pay to take there tempature because there stomach hurts. We don't pay for there abortions. We pay when it is a emergency. What you said is absolutly not true. What will happen is we will pay for all the healthcare scares they have.

SpurNation
08-29-2009, 10:41 AM
We pay when it is an emergency.

That's just one of the legitiment reasons healthcare reform is needed. Not that I agree with H1N1 as it exists now.

Our emergency room facilities across the nation...including specialized health clinics...are flooded everyday with people looking to get care administered for non-emergency ailments because they know the way the law stands they cannot be refused treatment.

jack sommerset
08-29-2009, 10:46 AM
That's just one of the legitiment reasons healthcare reform is needed. Not that I agree with H1N1 as it exists now.

Our emergency room facilities across the nation...including specialized health clinics...are flooded everyday with people looking to get care administered for non-emergency ailments because they know the way the law stands they cannot be refused treatment.

I believe in healthcare reform. We don't have to pay for 50,000,000 people to have it. Again Obama needs to fix the economy and then we can talk about this for reals.

exstatic
08-29-2009, 10:52 AM
I admit it. Fox is a biased network.

What about the other 4 major networks? How did they behave over the last 8 years? Off the top of my head, I can remember one prominent "journalist" that is no longer employed because of his mistruth.

Isn't that one more journalist than Fox has let go? And if you Fox lovers can name one anti-Bush ad that Fox ran in those 8 years, THEN you can bitch about this shit.

SpurNation
08-29-2009, 11:11 AM
I believe in healthcare reform. We don't have to pay for 50,000,000 people to have it. Again Obama needs to fix the economy and then we can talk about this for reals.

For Reals. :toast

hope4dopes
08-29-2009, 11:45 AM
So now the American left has defined critical thought, as partisian.This should help put them in the ash heap of history.
I guess it's only a few more steps to them making critical thought illegal, or maybe that's what our new diversity czar mark lloyd's job is.

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2009, 02:08 PM
So now the American left has defined critical thought, as partisian.This should help put them in the ash heap of history.
I guess it's only a few more steps to them making critical thought illegal, or maybe that's what our new diversity czar mark lloyd's job is.

please don't include critical thought with fox news in the same sentence..they sell a simple product that caters to a very simple minded market... two words... sarah palin...

jack sommerset
08-29-2009, 06:03 PM
please don't include critical thought with fox news in the same sentence..they sell a simple product that caters to a very simple minded market... two words... sarah palin...

Most Fox programs report we don't have money to support 50 million peoples healthcare. Obviously that is correct. Obviously they can be right some of the time. Wouldn't you agree?

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Most Fox programs report we don't have money to support 50 million peoples healthcare. Obviously that is correct. Obviously they can be right some of the time. Wouldn't you agree?

Wouldn't you agree that these people already get medical care? Shouldn't Fox acknowledge that? Shouldn't Fox let people know they don't have to select the public action? Wouldn't you agree?

jack sommerset
08-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Wouldn't you agree that these people already get medical care? Shouldn't Fox acknowledge that? Shouldn't Fox let people know they don't have to select the public action? Wouldn't you agree?

They do. I will take avoiding the question that you know Fox is right when they say "we don't have money to pay for 50,000,000 peoples healthcare"

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2009, 07:25 PM
They do. I will take avoiding the question that you know Fox is right when they say "we don't have money to pay for 50,000,000 peoples healthcare"

So we already do pay for them..you're an idiot. How can we avoid paying for them if we alreay do? Bring your A game jack if you want me to play anymnore. SO I guess your avoiding the fact that Fox won't report that it is an option.. got it.

SpurNation
08-29-2009, 07:31 PM

Yep. You are right. And because they already receive health care...why should there be a mandate to provide health care?

jack sommerset
08-29-2009, 07:33 PM
So we already do pay for them..you're an idiot. How can we avoid paying for them if we alreay do? Bring your A game jack if you want me to play anymnore. SO I guess your avoiding the fact that Fox won't report that it is an option.. got it.

:lol This is not game. And I already said we don't already pay for them. We pay for some of them but no where near all of them. You spewing off like this makes you the idiot. I said Fox does report this as a option. The fact is, it's not a good option.

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2009, 07:36 PM
:lol This is not game. And I already said we don't already pay for them. We pay for some of them but no where near all of them. You spewing off like this makes you the idiot. I said Fox does report this as a option. The fact is, it's not a good option.

do you think that these people get sick? when they do, where do they go to get care?

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Yep. You are right. And because they already receive health care...why should there be a mandate to provide health care?

elections have consequences. the president, like it or not, can do what he wants to. make sense?

jack sommerset
08-29-2009, 07:39 PM
elections have consequences. the president, like it or not, can do what he wants to. make sense?

SpurNation
08-29-2009, 07:43 PM

I'm not arguing that so bare with me a little.

If they want to mandate a government program regarding healthcare when people can already receive health care without insurance...don't you think they are also going to pass law that says health care providers...especially emergency room facilities can refuse care if one is not insured?

jack sommerset
08-29-2009, 07:44 PM
do you think that these people get sick? when they do, where do they go to get care?

:lol Yes "these" people get sick. They go to CVS,doctors,free clinics,no where. We don't have money to pay for 50,000,000 of "these" people.

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2009, 07:46 PM
:lol Yes "these" people get sick. They go to CVS,doctors,free clinics,no where. We don't have money to pay for 50,000,000 of "these" people.

jack sommerset
08-30-2009, 08:52 AM
You are a idiot. :lol

I know you think Obama does not lie which makes you even more stupid but here is another gem he lied about.

0rLcG8GKM8g&feature=related

George Gervin's Afro
08-30-2009, 09:54 AM
You are a idiot. :lol

I know you think Obama does not lie which makes you even more stupid but here is another gem he lied about.

0rLcG8GKM8g&feature=related

wow jack you changed the subject again..I guess that means you failed again.. nice going.

By the way did Obama ever say that he wouldn't hire anyone who ever worked as lobbyist? Big difference jack. but hey your a soundbite simpleton who takes people out of context and then uses assails anyone who does the same... do you ever think things through?

jack sommerset
08-30-2009, 11:14 AM
wow jack you changed the subject again..I guess that means you failed again.. nice going.

By the way did Obama ever say that he wouldn't hire anyone who ever worked as lobbyist? Big difference jack. but hey your a soundbite simpleton who takes people out of context and then uses assails anyone who does the same... do you ever think things through?

The conversation was over when you left a lil smile face laughing after I answered your question you fucking dumbass :lol. You asked me a question. I answered you. You replied with a giggle. It is now the next day.

The Obama lying video is apart of a conversation that we have on going. You and I. Our orginal conversation about Fox was over so I thought I would throw another Obama lie your way. You try to brush it of as a sound byte. Fucking CLASSIC. That is a press conference laying out rules for lobbying in his administration. The man is a liar.

hope4dopes
08-30-2009, 11:14 AM

Like Obama, and Pelosi you are unclear on the concept of "The Republic" or perhaps you Obamatrons have finally unfettered yourselves from that archaic restraint.

George Gervin's Afro
08-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Like Obama, and Pelosi you are unclear on the concept of "The Republic" or perhaps you Obamatrons have finally unfettered yourselves from that archaic restraint.

I think they should act as hospitable as the GOP did when they controlled all 3 branches...oh wait they acted the excat same way..I guess you forgot

SonOfAGun
08-30-2009, 02:37 PM

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit brother, I'd watch MSNBC more but they only seem to report the breaking news on things that happened during the last 8 years.

Although, from what I can decipher...apparently America has had a royal prince pass away that must deter us from the breaking news of 2004.

hope4dopes
08-30-2009, 07:47 PM
I think they should act as hospitable as the GOP did when they controlled all 3 branches...oh wait they acted the excat same way..I guess you forgot

Deny and Lie the platform of the new DNC