PDA

View Full Version : River Rats, help me out please!

Ginofan
08-28-2009, 01:40 PM
We are looking to go to the Guadalupe this weekend and wanted to find a good spot to just sit in the water. Does anyone know of a good place to do this that isn't too expensive to get into?

Thanks!

ashbeeigh
08-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Everyone will be sitting in the water no matter what because of the river level. Good luck to anyone who wants to tube these days. :)

I don't have any answers. Sorry. Just wanted to rag on tubers.

Spurstro
08-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Go up 281 where it crosses the Guadalupe River. (about 14 miles north of 1604)...as soon as you cross the bridge there is a place on the left. You can go tubing there, but wouldn't recommend it because the water is too low.

Anyways, we paid $5 a person last time we went....I think usually it's $10, but there was hardly anyone out there about 3 weeks back. Take a pit, beer, chairs, and you'll good to go. Oh, no glass or styrofoam....I'm sure you know, but there's a lot of people that don't know about that.

CosmicCowboy
08-28-2009, 01:57 PM
At 64 cfs coming out the dam the only place on the lower Guadalupe that is tubeable would be the horseshoe right below the dam.

ORION
08-28-2009, 02:22 PM
We are looking to go to the Guadalupe this weekend and wanted to find a good spot to just sit in the water. Does anyone know of a good place to do this that isn't too expensive to get into?

Thanks!
I pass over the guadalupe everyday and I'd suggest the comal, but if you're just going to sit and drink it doesn't matter I guess. If you do the comal go to the Float Inn on Mill st or prince solms

IceColdBrewski
08-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Yes. In Comfort, about 45 miles NW of SA. It's free, and there's still a few deep holes left if you tube the right stretch.