View Full Version : J.R. Smith, Jason Richardson - have a seat

Shank
08-28-2009, 02:10 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - The NBA has suspended Denver's J.R. Smith and
Phoenix's Jason Richardson after both were recently convicted of
driving offenses.
Smith will sit out the Nuggets' first seven games for pleading
guilty to reckless driving in New Jersey. Richardson will miss two
games after he pleaded guilty to drunken driving in Arizona.
Both suspensions imposed Friday are without pay. The NBA said
Smith's was also for his poor driving record. Smith was involved in
an accident in 2007 that caused the death of a passenger in his
car.
--

DPG21920
08-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Honestly, those 2 games Jason Richardson is out could really come back to haunt them in their playoff hunt. They play the Clippers and Golden State.

Bob Lanier
08-28-2009, 02:46 PM
http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/chris-hansen.jpg

Bob Lanier
08-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Why can't these morons just take a cab? Or if it's a point of pride, hire a personal driver?

koriwhat
08-28-2009, 03:13 PM
the nba is total bs when it comes to suspensions outside the nba court. fuckin' retarded imo! suspend them for drugs, suspend them for on court shit, but don't act like you're the law when the law has already punished them. fuckin' bs!

ChrisHansen
08-28-2009, 03:17 PM
http://thenastyboys.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/chris-hansen.jpg

Wanna try again?

I have the transcript right here, Bob.

"Have you ever been with a man this old before?"

"lol..no"

"You have big breasts"

"thanks, you like them?"

It then starts to get more graphic

"I want to lick them" you say

"Spray whipped cream on them, and kiss them all over"

Bob, what would've happened if I didn't show up tonight?

iggypop123
08-28-2009, 04:15 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OQJOqSI4X4c/R2WuFm1zJ-I/AAAAAAAAA2E/jkJLwvW11ew/s400/chris+hansen+%284%29.jpg

Findog
08-28-2009, 04:17 PM
JR "Friend Killer" Smith

Culburn369
08-28-2009, 04:30 PM
the nba is total bs when it comes to suspensions outside the nba court. fuckin' retarded imo! suspend them for drugs, suspend them for on court shit, but don't act like you're the law when the law has already punished them. fuckin' bs!

Salient post ALERT!

spursfaninla
08-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, the truth is that the NBA is harmed by players being convicted of crimes, in that it likely makes some people less likely to like those players (and hence, those teams), translates to less revenues.

They are a business, and can fine their players for anything they want (that is contracted for).

koriwhat
08-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Well, the truth is that the NBA is harmed by players being convicted of crimes, in that it likely makes some people less likely to like those players (and hence, those teams), translates to less revenues.

They are a business, and can fine their players for anything they want (that is contracted for).

i still think it's a crock of shit! and yet they let bs officials back in the league even after they've proven they ain't worth shit to the game. explain that one.

Mori Chu
08-28-2009, 08:26 PM
I have a low tolerance for thuggish behavior. Guys misbehave, hit em where it hurts: their pocketbooks. These guys are millionaires, but making them sit in the corner for a few games and taking a few $10Ks from them does get their attention.

exstatic
08-29-2009, 09:22 AM
I have a low tolerance for thuggish behavior. Guys misbehave, hit em where it hurts: their pocketbooks. These guys are millionaires, but making them sit in the corner for a few games and taking a few $10Ks from them does get their attention.

JR's fine is a bit above $475,000. Seven games is 8.6% of the season, and therefore 8.6% of his $5.5M salary. That's a pretty good wallet slap.

Mori Chu
08-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Didn't Smith commit vehicular manslaughter or something? Got his friends killed in the car he was driving? Seems like a pretty mild punishment to me, taking some of his precious dollars. What an idiot.