PDA

View Full Version : Drinking wine and beer....

phyzik
08-28-2009, 08:14 PM
OK, so my room mate owes me rent and Im broke until he gets home. Luckily I had a wine bottle at the house. I've been drinking some shitty Merlot since about 5:30 and when he gets here Im going to go buy some beer.

How bad do you think my hangover is going to be in the morning? :(:drunk

just for reference, and I know its not a good thing, I have had some type of alchohol in me every day for the past 9 years. EVERY DAY. Im not proud of it but its the truth.... The thing is though, I NEVER drink during work or before 5pm. I dont drink liqour. I very rarely have wine.

I just cant go to sleep without having a drink. Some nights I have maybe 1 or 2 beers, but other nights I can polish off a 12 pack by myself easily (sometimes an 18 pack) if Im into a movie or video game.

I know Im a drunk and I can honestly tell you Im not ready to give it up so IDGAF what you think about my lifestyle. It doesnt affect my job at all. It's only done when Im at home.

Trainwreck2100
08-28-2009, 08:16 PM
i weep for your liver

Strike
08-28-2009, 08:19 PM
At least you know youre a drunk. :lol

Since your liquor is good and pickled at this point, i don't know that your hangover will be so horrible, but red wine, which you state you rarely drink, mixed with beer, you'll more than likely feel something unpleasant. I don't touch red wine at all. more than one glass makes me ill during and after. I stick to beer and vodka, myself. i drink once a week, maybe. when i do, i usually kill a 6-pack of sam adams (or pabst if im slumming or broke) and move on to grey goose screwdrivers. I haven't had a hangover in quite some time.

you might want to give some attention to the fact that you seem to need to drink in order to sleep. Just saying...

JJ Hickson
08-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Cool story.

phyzik
08-28-2009, 08:23 PM
At least you know youre a drunk. :lol

Since your liquor is good and pickled at this point, i don't know that your hangover will be so horrible, but red wine, which you state you rarely drink, mixed with beer, you'll more than likely feel something unpleasant. I don't touch red wine at all. more than one glass makes me ill during and after. I stick to beer and vodka, myself. i drink once a week, maybe. when i do, i usually kill a 6-pack of sam adams (or pabst if im slumming or broke) and move on to grey goose screwdrivers. I haven't had a hangover in quite some time.

you might want to give some attention to the fact that you seem to need to drink in order to sleep. Just saying...

Yeah, to make matters worse, I smoke as well. I cant just have a beer. I need a cigarette or two with each.

For reference, I HAVE gone cold turkey before with both smoking and drinking for up to 6 months at a time so I know I can do it. Peer pressure is a bitch though even at 30.

The thing is, from the time I wake up until the time I get off from work, I am drinking LOTS of water. I go through at least 10 bottles of water a day and have a full glass of water next to my bed during the night when Im asleep. I went to get a full physical a few years back and they say Im in relatively good health for my age including my liver (they took a urine sample).

Stringer_Bell
08-28-2009, 08:25 PM
The hangover is the least of your problems, brah. I never bought into the idea of wine and beer being a bad combination, same with liquor before beer. Just drink and be active, don't drone around and sit in one place.

You'll be alright, but your liver might be fucked.

phyzik
08-28-2009, 08:28 PM
The hangover is the least of your problems, brah. I never bought into the idea of wine and beer being a bad combination, same with liquor before beer. Just drink and be active, don't drone around and sit in one place.

You'll be alright, but your liver might be fucked.

I may need to go get another full physical again to see where Im at.

Strike
08-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, to make matters worse, I smoke as well. I cant just have a beer. I need a cigarette or two with each.

For reference, I HAVE gone cold turkey before with both smoking and drinking for up to 6 months at a time so I know I can do it. Peer pressure is a bitch though even at 30.

I feel ya. I've given up the tar a few times only to instinctively bum one from a friend while drinking. In order to give up one, I'd have to give up both.

If you want to cut back on the booze, do it. if it's only affecting your health and not your work, and you're ok with that, so be it. I know what smoking is doing to me physically but I'm just not ready to quit. Maybe it will take cancer or lung disease to push me over the hump, maybe not. Who knows? Only you know what's right for you.

David Bowie
08-28-2009, 08:59 PM
I think beer mixed with vodka is worse then beer mixed with wine.....as far as the hangover goes. That's just been my experience. But beer is best when not mixed with any other alcohol.

P.S. I wish I could drink that much. I was fine with drinking for about 4 years (All of them college years). Now, even if I have one drink, I get heart palpitations. So, I never drink anymore. Which sucks. /end or rant.