PDA

View Full Version : Boortz - Katrina Cleansed New Orleans Of 'Human Debris'

Nbadan
08-29-2009, 12:23 AM
On the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina...

79akSw4vmk4

...the wing-nuts don't give a shit about N'Oleans or rebuilding the city, just give us your oil MFs

angrydude
08-29-2009, 02:01 AM
as I recall Boortz also doesn't like homeless people very much.

antimvp
08-29-2009, 07:45 AM
I am starteing to like this TYT guy.....he needs a national forum....we needs someone who just makes sense.

DarrinS
08-29-2009, 07:57 AM
I am starteing to like this TYT guy.....he needs a national forum....we needs someone who just makes sense.

He's trying to get his own show in MSNBC. He's a perfect fit.

The lineup would be:

Chris "thrill up my leg" Matthews, followed by Bathtub Boy, then Madcow (a.k.a. Wesley Crusher), and, for the ultimate ratings killer, this TYT douche.

By the way, I've met some human debris from New Orleans.

DMX7
08-29-2009, 08:49 AM
By the way, I've met some human debris from New Orleans.

I'm sure that's what Jesus would call them. :rolleyes

SonOfAGun
08-29-2009, 10:02 AM
don't give a shit about N'Oleans or rebuilding the city

I don't. Most people don't either. Real talk.

Wild Cobra
08-29-2009, 10:13 AM
To each his own.

If you guys wish to believe TYT when they take Boortz out of context, then fine. If you value your integrity, you'll find the entire segment of the program and listen to all of it in context.

Fuck TYT. Just another propaganda clearing house.

George Gervin's Afro
08-29-2009, 10:28 AM
To each his own.

If you guys wish to believe TYT when they take Boortz out of context, then fine. If you value your integrity, you'll find the entire segment of the program and listen to all of it in context.

Fuck TYT. Just another propaganda clearing house.

your concered about people taking comments out of context?

:lmao

jman3000
08-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Boortz out of context? :lol

You've become a characterture of a typical ignorant human being.

Nice job.

Wild Cobra
08-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Boortz out of context? :lol

You've become a characterture of a typical ignorant human being.

Nice job.
I've listened to him plenty a time. Yes, he talks bad about the occupants of NO, but not is racist ways. If you haven't listened to him, you don't know what you're talking about.

Listen now, for another 1/2 hr:

Boortz program stream (http://www.streamaudio.com/Player/Player.aspx?Station=brtz_ir&filename=).

jman3000
08-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Um... I listen to him all the time. Probably more than you do.

He spends about 1/4 of his show pandering to the audience to vote him into the radio hall of fame and pretending to hate Republicans when he sucks about 95% of their dicks.

He is the only host I can think of who actually tells his listeners to "trust but verify" what he says... although I'd assume about 10% of his listeners actually have the mental capacity to do such a thing.

And who gives a shit about whether it's racist or not. He's comparing thousands of dead people and the destruction of a major American city to debris. Good job trying to defend him though. Speaks highly of your character.

ChumpDumper
08-29-2009, 02:23 PM
What is the proper context we're missing here?

He called flood victims human debris.

Last Comic Standing
08-29-2009, 03:56 PM
out of context.

:lmao

http://www.apostropher.com/blog/img/pot-kettle.jpg

boutons_deux
08-29-2009, 07:04 PM
"bad about the occupants of NO, but not is racist ways"

so hate media Boortz is trash talking the whites of NO?

WC could have been dubya's house lawyer. :lol

louie1674
08-29-2009, 07:28 PM
"You shall hear the truth, and the truth shall make you mad"

TKEe6Zg4ltg

louie1674
08-29-2009, 08:01 PM
FYI: Neal never mentions that "they" were black people, I don't know where the hell that TYT guy got that from (at 1:50 mark). I guess the TYT guy hears Boortz talk about "human debris" and automatically thinks of Black people, thats the only thing I could think of. I wonder what phrase makes him imagine us hispanics. Nice going douche bag.

Wild Cobra
08-29-2009, 09:27 PM
FYI: Neal never mentions that "they" were black people, I don't know where the hell that TYT guy got that from (at 1:50 mark). I guess the TYT guy hears Boortz talk about "human debris" and automatically thinks of Black people, thats the only thing I could think of. I wonder what phrase makes him imagine us hispanics. Nice going douche bag.
Exactly. It's the TYT guy that's prejudiced in thinking. He calls anyone who is a net taker of government resources bad names on one way or another. It has nothing to do with race.

clambake
08-29-2009, 10:18 PM
the poor and minorities are the ones that died. they had no way to escape, and a president that didn't care if they made it or not.

dipshits like you and boortz know that.

Michael Brown
08-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Technically, it's acceptable to refer to poor people as human debris as long as you don't identify them by race.

louie1674
08-30-2009, 09:35 AM
the poor and minorities are the ones that died. they had no way to escape, and a president that didn't care if they made it or not.

No, its people like you that listen to the moronic rants of the left that believe that Bush hates black people and Katrina is all Bush's fault when in fact the blame goes mainly on the shoulders of the Mayor of N.O. and Gov. of La. for not evacuating and requesting the needed help. If I also recall, Katrina didn't hit only N.O., the area around there seems to be putting their pieces back together. The whole government system failed in the events before and after but mostly the people failed themselves for not preparing for it - it didn't just pop up out of nowhere like a tornado. I survived through IVAN and DENNIS by taking care of myself and my family and I am prepared, god forbid if there shall be another one like that.

Wild Cobra
08-30-2009, 09:55 AM

You cannot blame president Bush.

What about Nagan and the govorner, who never asked for federal help?

Look children, we've been down this path before. Doesn't matter what the truth is, you don't care. You are just petty Bush bashers.

George Gervin's Afro
08-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Look children, we've been down this path before. Doesn't matter what the truth is, you don't care. You are just petty Obama bashers.

how right you are..:lmao

clambake
08-30-2009, 10:36 AM
No, its people like you that listen to the moronic rants of the left that believe that Bush hates black people and Katrina is all Bush's fault when in fact the blame goes mainly on the shoulders of the Mayor of N.O. and Gov. of La. for not evacuating and requesting the needed help. If I also recall, Katrina didn't hit only N.O., the area around there seems to be putting their pieces back together. The whole government system failed in the events before and after but mostly the people failed themselves for not preparing for it - it didn't just pop up out of nowhere like a tornado. I survived through IVAN and DENNIS by taking care of myself and my family and I am prepared, god forbid if there shall be another one like that.

ok einstein, how did you prepare?

PEP
08-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Has anyone here actually been around the people Boortz is referring to? I helped out during the Katrina evacuation, including setting up the lodging for the evacuees. Our operations area was about 3 blocks from where about 2-3K of them were staying. I'd say it was about a week to two weeks before vehicles and bldgs started to get broken into. It got so bad that they had to start keeping them on a lock down because of the spike in crime. But it was only during the evening hours that they kept them inside, the break-ins were occurring during the day and a few of them that were caught all were evacuee's.

I periodically went over there and the weirdest thing I saw was the men walking around buck naked after taking showers. This was in front of everyone, women, children, the volunteers. After awhile they had to make sure these people would put some clothes on after taking a shower.

Pretty crazy, luckily after about a month and a half they found someplace else to move them and the crime pretty much dropped to 0 after that. Now how things were where they moved too, I couldnt tell you but these were not people that I'd want to have move into my neighborhood.

George Gervin's Afro
08-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Has anyone here actually been around the people Boortz is referring to? I helped out during the Katrina evacuation, including setting up the lodging for the evacuees. Our operations area was about 3 blocks from where about 2-3K of them were staying. I'd say it was about a week to two weeks before vehicles and bldgs started to get broken into. It got so bad that they had to start keeping them on a lock down because of the spike in crime. But it was only during the evening hours that they kept them inside, the break-ins were occurring during the day and a few of them that were caught all were evacuee's.

I periodically went over there and the weirdest thing I saw was the men walking around buck naked after taking showers. This was in front of everyone, women, children, the volunteers. After awhile they had to make sure these people would put some clothes on after taking a shower.

Pretty crazy, luckily after about a month and a half they found someplace else to move them and the crime pretty much dropped to 0 after that. Now how things were where they moved too, I couldnt tell you but these were not people that I'd want to have move into my neighborhood.

I was at the Astrodome on the day they started to come into town. It was unbelievable how many people there were.. They looked dazed and confused..It was very sad. These people literally had the clothes on their backs and that was it. I was disapointed that my experience was not caught anyone in the media. I was sorting clothes and supplies when some of the evacuees came up to our area. I told a couple of the guys to take waht they needed (soap, shampoo, clothes, deodorant etc..). Both young men said the came up to help rather than take anything..I was amazed by these two young men who despite what they had just been through wanted to help rather than take for themselves. I will never forget that day... These people were nothing like what boortz and his minions were talking about

Nbadan
08-30-2009, 05:36 PM
You see what you want to see I guess....but even giving Boortz the benefit of the doubt means you hate the poor....which isn't surprising at all for most Repulbicans on this board...come clean, admit you hate poor people...put it on your party platform....

louie1674
08-30-2009, 06:55 PM
You see what you want to see I guess....but even giving Boortz the benefit of the doubt means you hate the poor....which isn't surprising at all for most Repulbicans on this board...come clean, admit you hate poor people...put it on your party platform....

You are about an idiot... anything that disagrees with you, you start shouting out HATE and RACIST.

Oh, here's another great quote from my hero NEAL BOORTZ:

"The left just loves to push the 'fortunate vs. unfortunate' line. It ignores the value of good decision making and hard work. The last thing the left would ever want to do would be to suggest that the poor continue to be poor because they keep doing the things that make them poor. Everybody knows, after all, that it just has to be someone else's fault."

and if you are wondering... I am FAR from being rich but I will continue to work hard to get there or close to it.

boutons_deux
08-30-2009, 07:52 PM
"the poor continue to be poor because they keep doing the things that make them poor"

very true, along with concentration of wealth at the very top due to conservative shit ideology starting with Reagan, upward mobility of everybody below the top, esp those at and below middle class, has greatly decreased in the past few decades.

Essentially, everybody in the past 30+ years, except the very top, has stagnated or fallen back. and that white people. the pie has gotten a lot bigger, but not for everybody. iow, the system is gamed for the rich and against everybody else.

Now throw in being Hispanic or black, and it's worse.

Boortz and other hate-and-anger spewers work hard at hating, demagoguery, polarizing, baiting, paranoia, and this being America the Beautiful, all that pays very well.

jman3000
08-30-2009, 07:56 PM
It's pretty sad that you would consider a talk radio personality your hero.

How sad it must be to be you.

Wild Cobra
08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
"the poor continue to be poor because they keep doing the things that make them poor"

very true, along with concentration of wealth at the very top due to conservative shit ideology starting with Reagan, upward mobility of everybody below the top, esp those at and below middle class, has greatly decreased in the past few decades.

Essentially, everybody in the past 30+ years, except the very top, has stagnated or fallen back. and that white people. the pie has gotten a lot bigger, but not for everybody. iow, the system is gamed for the rich and against everybody else.

Now throw in being Hispanic or black, and it's worse.

Boortz and other hate-and-anger spewers work hard at hating, demagoguery, polarizing, baiting, paranoia, and this being America the Beautiful, all that pays very well.
Hispanics tend to accel rather well in this nation after a generation or two. They have work ethics. Blacks tend not to. Hatred of what happened in times of slavery seems to be the key reason they don't accel. The ones that get past the past, and actually use work ethics to build a better future, without letting their prejudices hold them back, do in fact accel.

The people to blame for holding blacks back are the likes of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc. They maintain the hatred. The make people believe it is the white man's fault instead of telling people to stand on their own two feet, and ignore what others say about limitation. Limitations are primarily in one's own mind. Sure, there are still some racists out there, but not enough to hold a good man down. Problem is, there are very good black men. Too many are petty and full of hatred, without having the capacity to strive past their own racial bias.

jman3000
08-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Nothing like getting a synopsis of race relations in the US by a middle aged, conservative, white male.

Same goes for Boutons. I'd reckon he's a middle/upper middle aged white male.

jman3000
08-30-2009, 08:10 PM
I might as well ask my barber how best to write my master's thesis.

Wild Cobra
08-30-2009, 08:14 PM
I might as well ask my barber how best to write my master's thesis.
Depending on what it is, he might have useful insights. Unlikely I bet though.

jman3000
08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Exactly.

SonOfAGun
08-30-2009, 09:15 PM
I've seen Human Debris.

After evacuating Katrina, they were in Houston at the local wal-mart trashing the aisles and pissing on the sides of the outside walls.

How compassionate people become when spending others money to help the less fortunate while never themselves being exposed to the reality. It truly warms my heart :toast

jacobdrj
08-30-2009, 10:00 PM
galveston was a lesson. 1993 should have been a warning. Katrina was inevitable. NO should not be rebuilt because it is dumb to build a city surrounded by a volitile river, a lake, and the ocean, in a hurricane zone, that is under sea level and sinking...

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

People want to rebuild let them. There shouldn't be 1 public dime going towards it.

BRHornet45
08-30-2009, 10:59 PM
sons again I must thank the cities of Houston and Dallas for taking in most of our trash. New Orleans is beautiful again now :)

rjv
08-31-2009, 09:04 AM
the success of people like this makes one recall ortega y gasset's theory of the mass man and see how applicable that is to the current american "intellectual" scene.

MannyIsGod
08-31-2009, 09:07 AM
lol context.

clambake
08-31-2009, 09:07 AM
You are about an idiot... anything that disagrees with you, you start shouting out HATE and RACIST.

Oh, here's another great quote from my hero NEAL BOORTZ:

"The left just loves to push the 'fortunate vs. unfortunate' line. It ignores the value of good decision making and hard work. The last thing the left would ever want to do would be to suggest that the poor continue to be poor because they keep doing the things that make them poor. Everybody knows, after all, that it just has to be someone else's fault."

and if you are wondering... I am FAR from being rich but I will continue to work hard to get there or close to it.

hey, einstein, it was the mega-rich that bankrupted this country.

lol louie the tool

Wild Cobra
08-31-2009, 10:12 AM
galveston was a lesson. 1993 should have been a warning. Katrina was inevitable. NO should not be rebuilt because it is dumb to build a city surrounded by a volitile river, a lake, and the ocean, in a hurricane zone, that is under sea level and sinking...

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

People want to rebuild let them. There shouldn't be 1 public dime going towards it.
Agreed. I'm sorry, but I think in the aftermath, nobody should be allowed to build on their property without either stilting it above flood level, or preferable, bringing in landfill to rise all the land well above sea level.

Yes, Galvastion in 1900 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galveston_Hurricane_of_1900) was a lesson the N.O. should have learned from.

I do consider them trash. They were to ignorant or stupid to know what where they lived, then didn't leave when the warnings were issued. Not to follow history and sound advice, then blame the president.

Fuck that trash.

Wild Cobra
08-31-2009, 10:13 AM

lol louie the tool

No, it's people who have no ethics like yourself who bankrupt the soul of this nation.

clambake
08-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Agreed. I'm sorry, but I think in the aftermath, nobody should be allowed to build on their property without either stilting it above flood level, or preferable, bringing in landfill to rise all the land well above sea level.

Yes, Galvastion in 1900 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galveston_Hurricane_of_1900) was a lesson the N.O. should have learned from.

I do consider them trash. They were to ignorant or stupid to know what where they lived, then didn't leave when the warnings were issued. Not to follow history and sound advice, then blame the president.

Fuck that trash.

i'll tell you why this is funny:

if you had been living there, as a kid, when you and your family were on welfare, you would be floating face down, because you wouldn't have been able to escape, because you didn't have the means to escape, because you were begging for handouts, and helping you escape the flood was not a priority of the bush administration.

you have much more in common with these people than you're willing to admit.

i think you hate them because you hate yourself.

Wild Cobra
08-31-2009, 10:41 AM

if you had been living there, as a kid, when you and your family were on welfare, you would be floating face down, because you wouldn't have been able to escape, because you didn't have the means to escape, because you were begging for handouts, and helping you escape the flood was not a priority of the bush administration.

You have no idea how stupid you look to me now. You are simply too stupid to know.

johnsmith
08-31-2009, 10:43 AM
You have no idea how stupid you look to me now. You are simply too stupid to know.

Sucks when you give out too much personal information on an internet forum because then people like clambake remember it and call you out on your horse shit.

Wild Cobra
08-31-2009, 10:47 AM
Sucks when you give out too much personal information on an internet forum because then people like clambake remember it and call you out on your horse shit.
Thing is, he is so idiotic in how he uses it. My mother signed up for food stamps for a few months from between the time my parents divorced, to when she was working. Before that, she was a stay-at-home mom. He makes it sound as if I grew up on welfare, but he knows the truth, and just proved how dumb he really is, every time he bring it up.

johnsmith
08-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Thing is, he is so idiotic in how he uses it. My mother signed up for food stamps for a few months from between the time my parents divorced, to when she was working. Before that, she was a stay-at-home mom. He makes it sound as if I grew up on welfare, but he knows the truth, and just proved how dumb he really is, every time he bring it up.

Yeah, but it pisses you off every time, that's why he goes back to that all the time. Used wrongly or not, it still gets under your skin..........that's why clambake and Chumpdumper own all in the political forum.

Wild Cobra
08-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah, but it pisses you off every time, that's why he goes back to that all the time. Used wrongly or not, it still gets under your skin..........that's why clambake and Chumpdumper own all in the political forum.Depends on your definition of own I guess. I don't consider it that way. I'll return the insults, but to own someone in such a manner means provoking them to take actions that get them in trouble. I won't get in trouble over them. They aren't worth it. Have to admit, if the internet didn't separate us, I would like to hurt both of them though.

clambake
08-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Depends on your definition of own I guess. I don't consider it that way. I'll return the insults, but to own someone in such a manner means provoking them to take actions that get them in trouble. I won't get in trouble over them. They aren't worth it. Have to admit, if the internet didn't separate us, I would like to hurt both of them though.

you only want to hurt us because you hate yourself. the only way for you to sense self-worth is by hurting others. for some reason, you are too cowardly to look inward.

how many mirrors must you smash before you're able to look yourself in the eye?

i don't think anyone here has demanded repayment from you......even though we spent the money for your survival.

Spawn
08-31-2009, 01:22 PM
I've seen Human Debris.

After evacuating Katrina, they were in Houston at the local wal-mart trashing the aisles and pissing on the sides of the outside walls.

How compassionate people become when spending others money to help the less fortunate while never themselves being exposed to the reality. It truly warms my heart :toast

Are you reffering to all of the folks from New Orleans as Human Debris or just the idiots trashing the aisles?

And how did you know they were from New Orleans?

Spawn
08-31-2009, 01:22 PM

Fuck that trash.

Thank you for your honesty!!!

louie1674
09-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I have not read this but I just wanted to inform those who are interested in what Neal Boortz has to say. Posted on http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/index.html

THAT EVIL NEAL BOORTZ
By Neal Boortz @ September 1, 2009 8:44 AM

Every once in a while I just get lucky. I make an offhanded remark on the air that sends the looters into such paroxysms of angst and outrage that I get about a weeks worth of a free ride in blogs, columns and radio and TV shows.

Such was the case about 10 days ago when I made a comment about Barack Obama's plans to spend even more money that we don't have to "rebuild" New Orleans. I wondered why we would spend all of that money on an effort that would simply serve to bring back much of the debris that Hurricane Katrina washed out.

http://boortz.com/images/2009/09/boortz_katrina_tweet_o.jpg

Look .. I guess I'm not as perfect a human being as so many of you are. When someone asks me if I think that some people are better than others, I'm not afraid to answer "Oh HELL yes." I understand and support the concept of equal rights under the law. Having equal rights does not make one equal. There are worthy human beings out there, and there are people you would have to be generous to call trash.

Let's take a look at New Orleans before Katrina struck. Here are some statistics from City Journal:

"New Orleans's poor population includes a sizable underclass. Before Katrina struck, fully 10 percent of New Orleanians lived either in public housing or Section 8 housing, far above the rates in Houston or New York. Only 36 percent of New Orleans's adults were married, compared with more than 49 percent in Houston, and more than half of mothers were unmarried, compared with 28 percent in Houston. In some New Orleans neighborhoods, only a quarter of the children lived with married parents. More than two-thirds of female-headed black households lived in poverty. Though many of New Orleans's underclass had moved from idleness into low-wage, tourist-trade jobs over the past decade, thanks to federal welfare reform and an abundance of such work in the city, their family structures and social skills hadn't improved along with this fledgling work ethic. The concentration of weak families partly explains why the city endured some of the nation's highest violent-crime rates."

Who were these people described in City Journal? Many of them were the people who were put on busses and sent to places like Houston. It didn't take any great amount of brainpower to see how this was going to work out for Houstonians. I can remember the day that the busses rolled out of New Orleans on Interstate 10. I told my listeners "Houston, you have a problem." What kind of a problem? Here's more from City Journal:

"Houston has slowly acknowledged, Katrina evacuees pushed up Houston's rates for some crimes, particularly homicide, not just the raw number of offenses. Houston's post-Katrina crime surge is an extension of the pre-Katrina violence of New Orleans's criminal underclass. Before Katrina, New Orleans had the highest murder rate of any big U.S. city, almost four times Houston's, with 58 people killed per year for every 100,000 citizens. The murder numbers Houston has racked up since Katrina prove that violent New Orleanians haven't changed their ways, but only their scenery.

Since Katrina, Houston police have identified New Orleans evacuees as either suspects or victims (or often both) in more than 30 Houston-area homicides. Of an evacuee population of 175,000, this works out to a per-capita annual murder rate of about 34 per 100,000, well above Houston's pre-Katrina rate. News of violent murders committed by and against Katrina evacuees has created a bit of a backlash in Houston. In a recent Rice University poll of Houston-area residents, two-thirds of the participants blamed Katrina evacuees for the crime spike and for a "considerable strain" on community resources."

I don't mince words. I'm not controlled by the dictates of political correctness. There are human beings out there - human beings that will readily export their culture of dependency and predatory violence to wherever they travel - that are deserving of the title "debris."

I love New Orleans. Been there many times, and the Boortz Crew was there in the French Quarter the night before Katrina hit. New Orleans is critically important to the US economy. The Port of New Orleans is the principal export point for the millions of tons of grain produced in America's heartland. Clearly New Orleans had to be brought back from the brink after Katrina. But for the life of me I don't see the need to spend taxpayer's money to rebuild New Orleans as it was before the storm .. a haven for welfare criminal parasites. Those who stayed and rebuilt .. fine. Those are the type of citizens of which New Orleans can be proud. These people ought to be screaming over the prospects of a federal rebuilding program that would bring back much of the welfare and criminal element that Katrina chased away.

There .. I said it again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clambake
09-01-2009, 09:52 AM
"neal boortz the man".....by neal boortz lol

TeyshaBlue
09-01-2009, 09:57 AM
sons again I must thank the cities of Houston and Dallas for taking in most of our trash. New Orleans is beautiful again now :)

I'm pretty sure there were words above that picture.

TeyshaBlue
09-01-2009, 09:57 AM

Congrats, Dan. Welcome to wingnuttery.

LnGrrrR
09-01-2009, 11:21 AM

I was deployed and came back two weeks after it hit, back to Gulfport. Was busy with fixing comm on base for the next month or so... didn't get to New Orleans until early December. I'd say I couldn't believe the devastation there, but I couldn't believe the devastation in Biloxi either.

NFGIII
09-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Nothing like getting a synopsis of race relations in the US by a middle aged, conservative, white male.

Same goes for Boutons. I'd reckon he's a middle/upper middle aged white male.

And what does his race have to do with it? The old line about if you're not black/brown/or any other minority then you can't comment on race issues is wrong. We all have a stake in this issue. The more dialog the better. The saying about walking in another's shoes has merit. I can't say I understand all the aspects of racial discrimation having been suffered by the minorities living past and present in the US but without dialog misundertsandings will continue. Only when we talk to one another and then unbderstand each other can racial issues be understood and utltimately overcome.

Anyway I used to get into discussions with my sisters about abortion only to be told that being a man disqualifies me from any piont of validity. Only when a man can bear children will they be let into the discussion. Until then all males must abid by what women say. Period. End of discussion. That is very similar to what you inferred with your statement. White people need not say anything since they were the ones that created the situation in the first place(a historical event that is hotly debated by historians). Am I on to something here?

lol louie the tool

I always thought it started under Carter in 1977 with the CRA thereby allowing low income families sub prime loans to buy housing. It pretty well lay dormat since the banking community was allowed to pick and choose who to loan to based on economic crteria - can we make money or not. But in 1995 everything changed when Clinton/Reno stepped in and treatened investigation/prosecution if the banking community didn't step up and shell out the funds. That was the beginning of the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac debacle IMHO. The Bush administration in 2002 talked to FM and asked them about the 9 billion dollar deficit which balloned to 29 billion alone in the 3rd Q of 2008. IIRC. The response was to spend 16 million in lobbying fees to many a prominant politician - Chris Dodd got the most, seeing how he headed the Senate banking committee, and some less prominant one got $120 K in three years form them. Oh, I think his name was Obama IIRC. Not to say that the Republicans didn't get their share either since any politician worth their salt would step up and get what was rightfully theirs. Talk about a class of people totally dettached from manistrem American society thoug I wouldn't mind having their retirement package along with the medical benefits. Sweet!

I need some clarification here. First and foremost - why are people on welfare having children? serious about this. People seeking welfare go to the government and ask for financial help to exist. So they essentially admitted, regardless of whether they believe it or not and that goes for everyone, that they hadn't the resources or the ability to provide for themselves but once on welfare they start having children? Really? Can't provide for themselves but they bring another life into the world. And who is going to provide for that new life? The working American/taxpayer is going to do that. And many on welfare don't see the contradiction. Welfare is for getting back on your feet and into the workforce so you can be productive. Having children is counter productive. But many think everyone has a right to procreate and in this case society should/must provide for them since the parent(s) can't.

Also you just described a situation where personal choice dictated/limited the possible outcomes.

On Welfare - can't provide for yourself

Children - short term pleasure is more important than long term responsibilty. That statement has nothing to do with having children but is all about the moral responsibilty of bringing a new life into this world. If you're on welfare then you haven't the means to provide adequately for them. Wait until you're more capable and back in the workforce before making that decision.

No means to escape - economics of welfare really suck don't they. And why don't you look to the mayor of NO and LA's governor prior to Bush. Responsibilty for dealing with a natural disaster starts at the local level working its way up the food chain.

Begging for handouts - since being on welfare means you don't have enough money to support a family. Duh.

Katrina was unfortunate and we should all learn from it. Many will learn different lessons and some will conflict with others. Here is some of what I learned.

The levees up to Katrina and even now are at Cat 3 or slightly higher but none are at Cat 5 levels which would help combat another Katrina. The leevies have been at this level for decades and both parties have had a chance to do something about it but haven't. The cost to get all leevies to CAt 5 criteria would be massive. I don't have the exact figures but IIRC it would be billions not millions. And it doesn't seem that the governments at any level are willing to spend that amount of money to truely fix the problem.

Though NO is a beautiful city rich in culture it is built on a swamp. Lake Pontchartrian is above it and the law of gravity prevails. Think of NO and lake P as a toilet whereby NO is the lower part of it and Lake P holds the water above. Rebuilding may be admirable but the city shouldn't have been built there anyway. It will continually be hammered by hurricanes and then rebuilt only for the same thing to happen again. But due to it's cultural significance for America it will be rebuilt and monies will continue to flow into it for future repairs.

The local and state response to the disaster was slow and ineffective.
FEMA was overwhelmed by the scale of the relief effort. I really don't believe anyone had any idea how massive it was going to be until they got there and assessed the situation. Mistakes were made and hopefully we learn from them because I believe there will be another Katrina in my lifetime and if we react in a similar way the destruction and death will happen on the scale just witnessed.

clambake
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
you missed on all 3 quotes......other than that, you should add this to wiki.

NFGIII
09-02-2009, 12:33 PM
you missed on all 3 quotes......other than that, you should add this to wiki.

I sincerely doubt that. But then it's a matter of perception. One person's truth is another person's lie.

To infer that middle aged, conservative white males can't speak about race relationships is asinine. So if you are not a minority and haven't suffered racial discrimation then you can't speak about it? What a load of crap. There is no way anyone can defend that position.

As for the mega rich they did indeed play a part but to the extent you are inferring I disagree. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had everything to do with government guaranteed loans that when the receesion hit blow up in their faces. They were bad loans and never shouuld have been considered, regardless of anyone's feelings about low income people and the American Dream. If you can't afford competitive rates then you can't have it.

As for welfare - I stand by what I said. Take responsibilty for your choices. Just because "you" exist doesn't mean others have to support you. Help - absolutely. But long term and for some a lifetime of government financial asisstance? I absolutely disagree.

jman3000
09-02-2009, 12:42 PM
I sincerely doubt that. But then it's a matter of perception. One person's truth is another person's lie.

To infer that middle aged, conservative white males can't speak about race relationships is asinine. So if you are not a minority and haven't suffered racial discrimation then you can't speak about it? What a load of crap. There is no way anyone can defend that position.

As for the mega rich they did indeed play a part but to the extent you are inferring I disagree. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had everything to do with government guaranteed loans that when the receesion hit blow up in their faces. They were bad loans and never shouuld have been considered, regardless of anyone's feelings about low income people and the American Dream. If you can't afford competitive rates then you can't have it.

As for welfare - I stand by what I said. Take responsibilty for your choices. Just because "you" exist doesn't mean others have to support you. Help - absolutely. But long term and for some a lifetime of government financial asisstance? I absolutely disagree.

You're making stuff up. I never said he couldn't... just that chances are it's not exactly the most reliable information.

He said so himself... I could ask my barber to help me with my master's thesis but chances are it'd be unreliable.

I'd much rather ask a black man about his experiences with racial prejudice than to ask a white, middle aged conservative on his racial experiences. Chances are though they are both going to claim being discriminated upon.

louie1674
09-02-2009, 06:31 PM
...As for welfare - I stand by what I said. Take responsibilty for your choices. Just because "you" exist doesn't mean others have to support you. Help - absolutely. But long term and for some a lifetime of government financial asisstance? I absolutely disagree.

Imagine if in the movie "The Pursuit of Happyness", Will Smith, throughout the movie, decided to just sit on his ass and collect welfare. Maybe they should make a sequel, "The Pursuit of Happyness 2 - Living on Welfare"

clambake
09-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Imagine if in the movie "The Pursuit of Happyness", Will Smith, throughout the movie, decided to just sit on his ass and collect welfare. Maybe they should make a sequel, "The Pursuit of Happyness 2 - Living on Welfare"

did you see that movie "the sum of all fears"?