PDA

View Full Version : Why is Bush at the Funeral?

SonOfAGun
08-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Why would he want to be around that trash in the crowd? I thought he was done with the game?

boutons_deux
08-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Maybe dubya likes to mingle with trash? We know his WH and Congressional supporters were pure trash.

but, I'm sure he's there because protocol demands it. He'd much rather be in Crawford chopping brush like a fake He-Man and riding his bike.

And how many $Ms will Hated Big Government waste defending dubya against anti-NRA leftist sharpshooters?

SonOfAGun
08-29-2009, 10:12 AM
When you are the ex-president, you are the protocol.

No one can make him do anything.

Wild Cobra
08-29-2009, 10:14 AM
It's expected. Nothing more, nothing less.

SonOfAGun
08-29-2009, 10:16 AM
It's expected. Nothing more, nothing less.

Expected by the people that have trashed him nonstop for years? He is concerned what they think?

He was made the anti-christ by most in that room. Especially the ones he is sitting next to.

Wild Cobra
08-29-2009, 10:20 AM
I would personally refuse to go if it were me. However, we know President Bush doesn't have much of a backbone. Besides, he has a bit of liberal in his blood anyway.

jman3000
08-29-2009, 10:23 AM
:lol

Did this deserve a thread? Some petty bullshit like this?

Bartleby
08-29-2009, 10:28 AM

That's pretty much all they bring to the table these days.

exstatic
08-29-2009, 10:48 AM
NCLB doesn't happen without Kennedy driving on that side of the aisle. Considering that most of his 8 year administration was an abject failure, Shrub paying respect to someone partially responsible for one of the only non-failures is not that out of the realm.

FromWayDowntown
08-29-2009, 11:20 AM
I can see why anyone would question a man's respectful attendance at a funeral for someone he worked with for a long period of time, even if they disagreed.

What I think is fascinating in all of this is to hear so many GOP politicians talk about how much they respected and liked Senator Kennedy, despite disagreeing with him frequently. Somehow, respectful disagreement is still possible -- and was once the norm -- but the rank and file of the respective sides simply have no time for it at all. Neither side is immune and each is ridiculous.

jack sommerset
08-29-2009, 11:29 AM

:lol Pretty weak topic.

Stringer_Bell
08-29-2009, 11:36 AM
I can see why anyone would question a man's respectful attendance at a funeral for someone he worked with for a long period of time, even if they disagreed.

What I think is fascinating in all of this is to hear so many GOP politicians talk about how much they respected and liked Senator Kennedy, despite disagreeing with him frequently. Somehow, respectful disagreement is still possible -- and was once the norm -- but the rank and file of the respective sides simply have no time for it at all. Neither side is immune and each is ridiculous.

Of course they can have "respectful disagreement"...they all know its political theatre and are all very thankful to play the part in front of the American public. Sen. Kennedy was one of its pillars, roaring like a lion when the little guy was undermined (except when it involved building energy efficient windmills 6 miles off the shore of the Kennedy area in Cape Cod), right? So why wouldn't some of our finest political actors show up to pay respects to the political equivalent of Marlon Brando?

Bush wouldn't have showed up to the funeral if he wasn't President, simple as that. Prolly thought the Kennedy was a dick, even though they were cut from the same privileged cloth.

Nbadan
08-29-2009, 01:27 PM
The better question is why poppy Bush
isn't going to be at the funeral?

ploto
08-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Because you can disagree politically but still respect the other person and the passion with which he feels his convictions, and he can give you the same in return.

ChumpDumper
08-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Dude wanted to go.

[/thread]

Strike
08-29-2009, 02:21 PM
The more important question: Why does anyone give a crap?

FromWayDowntown
08-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Because you can disagree politically but still respect the other person and the passion with which he feels his convictions, and he can give you the same in return.

No, no, no, Ploto! The people who disagree with any of us are utter wastes of space and don't deserve an iota of respect. You should know this by now.

whottt
08-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Because they're both silverspoon douchebag fratboy royalty, and that connection trumps any and everything else... what is he supposed to do, hang out with commoners? When he's not even trying to win an election?

SonOfAGun
08-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I dare say Bush....showed....some....class?

PEP
08-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Is the funeral stuff over yet? Luckily I was on a short deployment for the last week and have seen no coverage at all.

DMX7
08-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Why would he want to be around that trash in the crowd? I thought he was done with the game?

Exactly what Jesus would say. :rolleyes

BRHornet45
08-30-2009, 04:09 PM
son he was there just like everyone else to celebrate the life of a murderer.

clambake
08-30-2009, 04:22 PM
^he can appreciate that, i'm sure.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-30-2009, 05:00 PM
son he was there just like everyone else to celebrate the life of a murderer.

:lmao

Nbadan
08-30-2009, 05:38 PM
You Know. He lives with one

Nbadan
08-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Seriously, Bush was at the funeral to make sure Kennedy was really dead...prolly pumped one into him just to make sure....

elbamba
08-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Expected by the people that have trashed him nonstop for years? He is concerned what they think?

He was made the anti-christ by most in that room. Especially the ones he is sitting next to.

They love him, his terrible presidency got Obama in the WH and won the dems both houses. They probably toast him every night.

rjv
08-31-2009, 08:56 AM

you don't really believe that there is a stark contrast between the bush and kennedy families, do you ?

ploto
08-31-2009, 10:00 AM
you don't really believe that there is a stark contrast between the bush and kennedy families, do you ?

The Kennedy sons actually went to war.

rjv
08-31-2009, 10:01 AM

touche'.

whottt
08-31-2009, 10:26 AM

If Ted Kennedy went to war than so did W....

whottt
08-31-2009, 10:27 AM
touche'.

You completely misspelled lie.

whottt
08-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Kennedy enlisted in the United States Army in June 1951.[9] Following basic training at Fort Dix, he requested assignment to Fort Holabird for Army Intelligence training, but was dropped after a few weeks without explanation.[9] He went to Camp Gordon for training in the Military Police Corps.[9] In June 1952, he was assigned to the honor guard at SHAPE headquarters in Paris.[2][9] His father's political connections ensured he was not deployed to the ongoing Korean War.[2][10] While stationed in Europe he travelled extensively on weekends and climbed the Matterhorn.[11] He was discharged in March 1953 as a private first class.[9][11]

SonOfAGun
08-31-2009, 10:32 AM

There is no good guy or bad guy in this. It's just weird seeing them shaking hands and being civil after the dirty game of politics.

BUSH pretty much trumped the F-Word in this country. He is continually thrown under the bus (rightfully so in most cases) by the current administration for their political gain, yet he smiles and shakes hands? Lame.

Attention whore? Doesn't take any of this personal? (impressive) Class?

rjv
08-31-2009, 11:04 AM
You completely misspelled lie.

what did i misspell ?

whottt
08-31-2009, 11:19 AM
There is no good guy or bad guy in this. It's just weird seeing them shaking hands and being civil after the dirty game of politics.

Oh the politicians just start the fights, they don't actually fight them, the only ones that get actually get dirty over it are those stupid enough to believe these guys are anything special as politicians, much less human beings, outside of their familial connections and names.

The rhetoric is for public consumption...they don't treat each other that way usually when the mic is off and there are no cameras around.

And it's all about one thing when the cameras are on...making the peasantry feel valued and appreciated, and understood. And seeing who can manipulate the most of them(justifying their false sense of superiority in the process).

Kennedy and Bush are pretty much indentical twins, they both got to where they are because of who they are, that is not a cliche when applied to these two, it could not be more true. And neither of them are intelligent men, high character men, or anything of the sort.

That said, Bush isn't the one that left a woman in a car and went home to go sleep as she drowned. He also beat his alcohol problems. And he also had some semblance of success outside of politics due to his own efforts. None of which Kennedy did.

That's not just low character by common standards, it's criminal. It doesn't make Bush special when compared to anyone other than Ted Kennedy, or perhaps John Kerry.

And Bush's Daddy is more of a third Kennedy brother ideologically and esteemwise than Ted is.

There is nothing special about either of these two guys and if you are expecting to find that they are in any way above average human beings in terms of character or accountability, you will only find disappointment. They are far below average in those cagtegories.

What really makes it funny is that their strength as politicians is the way they connect with the common man...

There could not be two individuals less connected with the common man than these two guys when it comes to life experiences and everyday problems. And regardless of what they say, neither of them think that the same rules that are applied to you should be applied to them.

THe only reason they seem to connect with the common man is that they are anti-intellectua(inspite of their Ivy league educations) due to limited intellect, not because they don't want to be, and speak with a vocabulary more suited to everyday conversation idiomatic to their region of the US, than public speaking.

Of course Bush is going to go...I imagine he feels like he lost a brother. Royalty always pays tribute to other royalty.

coyotes_geek
08-31-2009, 11:31 AM

That's the point. It's a game. Get them outside the lines and democrats and republicans are all one big happy family of elitists who belong to the same country clubs, send their kids to the same private schools and share the same goal of personal enrichment via public service.

rjv
08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
That's the point. It's a game. Get them outside the lines and democrats and republicans are all one big happy family of elitists who belong to the same country clubs, send their kids to the same private schools and share the same goal of personal enrichment via public service.

here, here and very well stated CG .

angel_luv
08-31-2009, 12:35 PM
What I think is fascinating in all of this is to hear so many GOP politicians talk about how much they respected and liked Senator Kennedy, despite disagreeing with him frequently.

I agree.

Jacob1983
08-31-2009, 01:11 PM
This is an epic fail question and thread. Bush was at the funeral to show the man some fucking respect. Whether you hated or loved Ted Kennedy, the man was a powerful respected politician. Besides, why is it wrong for Bush to be at a funeral? Does he have to be in hiding 24/7?