PDA

View Full Version : Sequ Rumor: Stephen Jackson will be a Spur by the end of the week.

SequSpur
08-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Why? Because they have the fucking mojo and the trade assets to get it done. Fuck Cuban. Fuck the Rockets. Fuck the Cavs.

Book it.

Ladyspur .
08-29-2009, 09:34 PM
:elephant

Shastafarian
08-29-2009, 09:34 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/nkopan/PinkLemonade.jpg

Complainer
08-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Good, cause the spurs haven't done enough yet. This might finally get them in the playoffs.

:flag:

spursfan1000
08-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Even though I think there is .009 chance of hit happening, I wonder what we could offer. Maybe Finley and Mason...but it's not going to happen.

Tpark's Bitch
08-29-2009, 09:36 PM
I will bone tpark again if they get this mofo!

Go Spurs Go!

SequSpur
08-29-2009, 09:44 PM
seriously, fuck you for making me think it was actually legit news

Sequ knows...

SequSpur
08-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Even though I think there is .009 chance of hit happening, I wonder what we could offer. Maybe Finley and Mason...but it's not going to happen.

You would be surprised.....

baseline bum
08-29-2009, 09:52 PM
God, could you imagine this team with Jack back at the 2 and Manu off the bench again? Jackson got so many easy layups off little curls in the lane when playing the 2 here in 03. I know it's a pipe dream, but dude is easily one of my 10 favorite Spurs ever and I can dream. :lol

mrcoon29
08-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Wow..that would be exciting to see Jack in the line-up again. He has a few more years of maturity and basketball knowledge..and he's not afraid to Jack-it up!

Danny.Zhu
08-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Not gonna happen.

SequSpur
08-29-2009, 10:10 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b353/nkopan/PinkLemonade.jpg

WTF is that? Looks like a drink for Ducks or something..

Leetonidas
08-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Aside from his crappy contract, it would be awesome. It would afford us great flexibility, especially if we traded Bonner + Finley or whatever to get him. So many great lineups.

I could see him starting at the two, or coming off the bench behind Jefferson as the three.

Starting:

C - McDyess
PF - Duncan
SF - Jefferson
SG - Jackson
PG - Parker

Nice defensive squad right there. And hell even in the 2nd squad he looks nice if Mason starts.

C - Mahimni
PF - Blair
SF - Jackson
SG - Ginobili
PG - Hill

Looks pretty good either way. That 2nd unit could compete with some starters. Even in a smallball lineup he works.

C - Duncan
PF - Jackson
SF - Jefferson
SG - Ginobili
PG - Parker

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-29-2009, 10:14 PM
I just tried Bonner, Finley and Williams for Jax and it works, but the problem is I doubt GS would go near that - they'd want something like Bonner, Mason, Hill or Bonner, Mason, Blair, and I'm not sure about giving up Hill or Blair who I think are key to the team's plans.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

I'd love to see Jax a Spur again, but I have a terrible feeling he'll go to the Mavs, maybe for Howard (haven't the Mavs been trying to offload him for a while?). :depressed

My Fault
08-29-2009, 10:21 PM
I'd love to have Jack back but that contract not so much.

4down
08-29-2009, 10:27 PM
God, could you imagine this team with Jack back at the 2 and Manu off the bench again? Jackson got so many easy layups off little curls in the lane when playing the 2 here in 03. I know it's a pipe dream, but dude is easily one of my 10 favorite Spurs ever and I can dream. :lol

All we would need to do after that is find a way to get Hedo back next year :rollin

j/k - bring Jack HOME. forget Bruce

only thing I wouldn't like besides the contract is the 2.3 dribble off the foot/step out of bounds per game average he had here

Sotongball21
08-29-2009, 10:29 PM
The contract ain't so bad. i would like to have him for finley and mason. And i am sure manu will be taking less money next year.

SequSpur
08-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Nelson ain't tradin shit to cuban

siraulo23
08-29-2009, 10:53 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=npj8sf

anyone willing to give up mason for jackson?

bonner + mason for jackson works

jag
08-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Thimble shots of Crown....

completely deck
08-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Not happening.

jag
08-29-2009, 11:16 PM

Mason for Jackson is a no-brainer.

angelbelow
08-29-2009, 11:16 PM
im not gonna hold my breath.

StoneCutter
08-29-2009, 11:18 PM
IMHO Jackson is over-rated by many Spurstalk members. He is capable of putting up points, but is ineffecient (his FG% from the past two years are .405 and .414, .418 for his career). His defense is below average and so is his decision making. He doesn't always come off as a team first guy either. I would rather see Mason and some of the younger players get playing time.

spursnatic
08-29-2009, 11:48 PM
I just tried Bonner, Finley and Williams for Jax and it works, but the problem is I doubt GS would go near that - they'd want something like Bonner, Mason, Hill or Bonner, Mason, Blair, and I'm not sure about giving up Hill or Blair who I think are key to the team's plans.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

I'd love to see Jax a Spur again, but I have a terrible feeling he'll go to the Mavs, maybe for Howard (haven't the Mavs been trying to offload him for a while?). :depressedJust because it works on the espn trade machine, doesn't mean that it will work in real life?..Golden State is not obligated to trade him anyways..Hell if they wanted to they could make his life a living hell for the next 4 years...Plus if we did get him we would be way more over the luxury tax than we are now...Not saying that I wouldn't want him back in the black and silver..Because it would be awesome!!..But it is far from happening in my opinion?...:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag::f lag:

Spursfan 87
08-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Overrated? no, overpaid? yes.

We are trying to win now, Mason is a good spot shooter, he cant do nothing else. Sjax is playoff proven, he can play defense, and he is a playmaker, is he worth 8M a year probably not, but I want him on my team if i want to win now.

Stringer_Bell
08-30-2009, 12:02 AM
I'd like to see this get done, get that championship and repeat with all the talent we have. It just seems like too much of a good thing, prolly won't happen.

But yea, I could see the Mavs getting him even with all the drama between Cuban/Nelson. Seems like a move the Mavs would make to stay relevant this season.

Solid D
08-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Sequ doesn't know. He's just Jacked up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-30-2009, 12:13 AM
IMHO Jackson is over-rated by many Spurstalk members. He is capable of putting up points, but is ineffecient (his FG% from the past two years are .405 and .414, .418 for his career). His defense is below average and so is his decision making. He doesn't always come off as a team first guy either. I would rather see Mason and some of the younger players get playing time.

Um, you don't go get Jackson for his regular season shooting percentage.

You go get him for being an assassin in the postseason.

Spursfan 87
08-30-2009, 12:27 AM
um, you don't go get jackson for his regular season shooting percentage.

+1

mookie2001
08-30-2009, 12:33 AM
C - McDyess
PF - Duncan
SF - Jefferson
SG - Jackson
PG - Parker

Nice defensive squad right there. And hell even in the 2nd squad he looks nice if Mason starts.

C - Mahimni
PF - Blair
SF - Jackson
SG - Ginobili
PG - Hill

Looks pretty good either way. That 2nd unit could compete with some starters. Even in a smallball lineup he works.

C - Duncan
PF - Jackson
SF - Jefferson
SG - Ginobili
PG - Parker

:meeting:

StoneCutter
08-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Um, you don't go get Jackson for his regular season shooting percentage.

In his last playoff stint he shot 38%. He had 40 assists an 41 turnovers.

One of the reasons I became a Spurs fan is because they put an emphasis on high character guys. Stephen Jackson doesn't fit that mold for me. Kobe is the games ultimate assassin. If the Spurs had Kobe they would be probably be favored to win a championship. I wouldn't be a fan though. Again...just my humble opinion. Spurs don't need Jackson and his contract.

Spursfan 87
08-30-2009, 01:02 AM

One of the reasons I became a Spurs fan is because they put an emphasis on high character guys. Stephen Jackson doesn't fit that mold for me. Kobe is the games ultimate assassin. If the Spurs had Kobe they would be probably be favored to win a championship. I wouldn't be a fan though. Again...just my humble opinion. Spurs don't need Jackson and his contract.

???

The 03 Spurs were arguably the best spur team ever (talent wise), and Jack arguably was the 2nd best player of that team, without him that year, we probably would had not gotten past the first round. They guy was key in every series, especially in the games the other team decided to double Timmeh. And that was in 03, right now he is more of a complete player and more mature..

FkLA
08-30-2009, 02:22 AM
The fuck is up with people saying they dont like Jax's contract? He's a damn 20 ppg scorer that bring good defense, he delivers in the postseason and already knows the system. $8 mill is a great value for a player like him, Anderson mothafucking Varejao got like a $9 mill per year deal so if anything Jax is underpaid. If the Warriors bite on a Finley/Bonner & Mason offer I'd do it in a heartbeat. I doubt it would happen but I'd be ecstatic if it did.

???

The 03 Spurs were arguably the best spur team ever (talent wise), and Jack arguably was the 2nd best player of that team, without him that year, we probably would had not gotten past the first round. They guy was key in every series, especially in the games the other team decided to double Timmeh. And that was in 03, right now he is more of a complete player and more mature..

The best spur team ever? Far from, that was our weakest championship team if u ask me. Sure there were some big names in there aside from Duncan (Parker, Manu, D-Rob, S-Jax) but dont forget that D-Rob was a shade of himself, Manu was an erratic out of control rookie, Parker was inconsistant as fuck and Speedy had to come in and bail him out many times, and S-Jax was a nobody up until that year and still undeveloped. Duncan almost singlehandedly carried the Spurs to a title that year.

JR3
08-30-2009, 02:26 AM

You know what... i think i would do that, i love mason, but if we got jackson, mason would sit on the bench all year anyways.. there are not enough minutes to go around. i would include mason for that reason alone.

alamo50
08-30-2009, 03:56 AM
Is it bowling season yet?

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2009, 04:25 AM
i can actually see nelson trading with us b4 talkin to the mavs if the mavs willing to trade howard....

then again didnt cuban had a problem with nelson and his contract over coachin and shit last season?

Mr. Body
08-30-2009, 05:04 AM
Segu's parents should have been sterilized.

FilSpursFan
08-30-2009, 06:25 AM
My crystal ball said it won't happen..

Sotongball21
08-30-2009, 06:47 AM
[quote=FkLA;3660292]The fuck is up with people saying they dont like Jax's contract? He's a damn 20 ppg scorer that bring good defense, he delivers in the postseason and already knows the system. $8 mill is a great value for a player like him, Anderson mothafucking Varejao got like a $9 mill per year deal so if anything Jax is underpaid. If the Warriors bite on a Finley/Bonner & Mason offer I'd do it in a heartbeat. I doubt it would happen but I'd be ecstatic if it did.
[quote=FkLA;3660292]

+1

buttsR4rebounding
08-30-2009, 07:00 AM
I'd like to see this get done, get that championship and repeat with all the talent we have. It just seems like too much of a good thing, prolly won't happen.

But yea, I could see the Mavs getting him even with all the drama between Cuban/Nelson. Seems like a move the Mavs would make to stay relevant this season.

The Mavs are already overloaded at the 2/3. Unless they are trading away one of the peices they just picked up that would be the last thing they need. If they did trade away Marion or Howard I don't know if he makes them much better.

boutons_deux
08-30-2009, 07:08 AM
SJax is low-efficiency (34% 3G, would be the worst 3G shooter in the swingman rotation), a high-volume chucker, a non-rebounder (at 6'8" gets less than 1 RB more than Tony), and of limited bball IQ.

That's a lot of negatives to carry for maybe a couple of big shot 3Gs.

Chieflion
08-30-2009, 07:11 AM
SJax is low-efficiency (34% 3G, would be the worst 3G shooter in the swingman rotation), a high-volume chucker, a non-rebounder (at 6'8" gets less than 1 RB more than Tony), and of limited bball IQ.

That's a lot of negatives to carry for maybe a couple of big shot 3Gs.
Playing in Golden State as the main man would do that to anyone.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Nelson ain't tradin shit to cuban

Good point.

I don't really care whether Jax comes back or not, because I think the lineup we've got can win the trophy. But if we do find a way to trade for him (which I highly doubt), he'll have to accept a vastly different role from the free hand he's used to in GS or he'll be a detriment to the team.

venitian navigator
08-30-2009, 10:07 AM
For the some package (Bonner plus Finley-Mason etc) we could probably choose between S.Jax and Maggette.
at this point, if i can choose, I would prefer Maggette...he is younger, brings quite like the some stuff of S. Jax, and also if he doesn-t have a past with the team looks to me skilled enough to play the right way if given the chance...

SonOfAGun
08-30-2009, 10:10 AM
http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/1959/squeak8lu.gif

EricB
08-30-2009, 10:12 AM

He also practically singlehandidly beat the damn Mavericks too.

Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mason.

Fact.

EricB
08-30-2009, 10:15 AM
For the some package (Bonner plus Finley-Mason etc) we could probably choose between S.Jax and Maggette.
at this point, if i can choose, I would prefer Maggette...he is younger, brings quite like the some stuff of S. Jax, and also if he doesn-t have a past with the team looks to me skilled enough to play the right way if given the chance...

:lmao

Did you SEE Maggette last year? Dudes a train wreck and is terrible.

Also, what bad past does Jackson have with the Spurs?!?!?

Where do you people come up with this stuff!??!!?

4down
08-30-2009, 10:29 AM
It's true he is somewhat overrated by some here. Realistically, he may average anywhere between 11-16 ppg here. But the flexibility he would afford in so many more situations to Pop is the main advantage to the idea of bringing him back, IMO.

SonOfAGun
08-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Getting kicked out of playoff games during the last crucial minutes is definitely Spurs quality. :rolleyes

Spurs are so stacked they could afford it! Do it! :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-30-2009, 11:14 AM

In my humble opinion, you should pay less attention to what he did in a wild west environment out in Golden State where he was expected to be one of the lead guys and more attention to what he did in his time here as a complimentary piece to a strong core.

lotr1trekkie
08-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Finley, Bonner and Mason for Jackson makes sense. Bonner would lite it up in Nelson's system. With Jackson and Manu we really don't have enough minutes for Finley or Mason. I really think it comes down to how POP feels about Jackson. Did they part friendly? Anyone actually have knowledge of their relationship?

xmas1997
08-30-2009, 11:47 AM
I seriously doubt it happens.
Pop already described Jefferson as Jackson without all the drama.
Too much drama, pouting in the lockroom, and turnovers on the court!!!

Muser
08-30-2009, 11:52 AM

Who gives a shit about the drama, i'll take more drama if it = :lobt2:

Spursfan092120
08-30-2009, 11:53 AM
But in the same sentence, he said Jackson was one of his first loves as a coach...

loveforthegame
08-30-2009, 11:54 AM
This article suggests that Nelson is preparing to talk a trade with the Mavs. Hopefully he's just toying with Cuban but he has been high on Barea.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1974

loveforthegame
08-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Barea, Buckner, and Williams for Jackson works. I believe if Buckner is waived some time in October it would save the Warriors money right now. Williams they could just waive. But Nelson would love to have Barea.

I find it interesting that they seem to have no interest in Howard though. Despite the log jam they already have at the 2/3

Fillmoe
08-30-2009, 12:05 PM
he wants to go to a big market... not a shithole

loveforthegame
08-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Did you read the article? The Warriors have toyed with trading Ellis and it suggests they would like to do so now to give Curry more minutes.

While I still have my doubts that GS would trade with Dallas it would be just like Nelson to make a trade with them for a salary dump then use Ellis and/or Biedrins to get other talent in return.

Spursfan092120
08-30-2009, 12:24 PM
dumbass..pay attention. He wants to go to a contender, not a big market. And he already said he'd go back to SA in a second. He wants a contender..therefore, you shouldn't worry...Sacramento has no prayer in signing him.

doobs
08-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Does a new week start on Sunday or Monday?

exstatic
08-30-2009, 12:36 PM

lol Sacto fans calling San Antonio a shit hole.

anonoftheinternets
08-30-2009, 12:39 PM
as long as its not hill/ blair. And any of the core it would be phenomenal. But I dont think GSW would want mason/bonner/finley.

crc21209
08-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Barea, Buckner, and Williams for Jackson works. I believe if Buckner is waived some time in October it would save the Warriors money right now. Williams they could just waive. But Nelson would love to have Barea.

I find it interesting that they seem to have no interest in Howard though. Despite the log jam they already have at the 2/3

I think a package of Bonner, Finley, and Mason is > a package of Barea, Buckner, and Williams. Barea would be the only guy who would do good in the Nellie ball system. Buckner is old, slow, and has never been an offensive player. And Williams...is just trash. :lol. 3-point threats like Mason, Bonner, and Finley would do well in GS. Our package looks ALOT better to GS than Dallas' if that's what the offers would be.

crc21209
08-30-2009, 01:11 PM

He won a ship' here and he's from Port Arthur, Texas troll! :lol

Steve-O-Matic
08-30-2009, 01:11 PM

If that's true then that would doubly rule out the Kings.

BlackBellamy
08-30-2009, 01:30 PM
As much as I think it unnecessary to bring back Capt. Jack, it would be worse to see him go to Dallas or Cleveland. If we can swap some scrubs for him, by all means. Seems a bit lofty, though IMO.

EricB
08-30-2009, 01:34 PM
lol Sacto fans calling San Antonio a shit hole.

No kidding.

Sacramento = White trash capital of the world.

lennyalderette
08-30-2009, 01:35 PM
dumbass..pay attention. He wants to go to a contender, not a big market. And he already said he'd go back to SA in a second. He wants a contender..therefore, you shouldn't worry...Sacramento has no prayer in signing him.
:lol

BlackBellamy
08-30-2009, 01:36 PM
No kidding.

Sacramento = White trash capital of the world.

Bakersfield CA, hands down. Fort Worth is pretty nasty too, but it's a diverse hell-hole.

EricB
08-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Bakersfield CA, hands down. Fort Worth is pretty nasty too, but it's a diverse hell-hole.

Never been.

Its a dusty sad looking site on the drive up I-5 TO Sacramento however.

Thompson
08-30-2009, 02:03 PM
I'd prefer to trade for him without losing Mason if at all possible. Someone mentioned Finley + Bonner worked salary-wise, along with maybe our protected 2011 pick.

I realize the odds of this actually happening are extremely low, I'm just glad there's something to talk about. These next couple of months before the season starts are going to kill me.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-30-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't think the Warriors would want a salary dump and even if they did the Spurs could offer better players for right now.

Why would GS want Berea anyways? They have Curry and Ellis who are bigger and better.

Why would Dallas want to give up Barea anyways? He's their best PG.

SA210
08-30-2009, 04:42 PM
We need a gangsta on this team. We are missing that.

Dex
08-30-2009, 05:53 PM
For those of you who think that the Spurs could ever get Jackson without letting go of the likes of Hill, Mason, Jefferson or Ginobili, you need to pass whatever you are smokin'. :smokin

The Spurs already picked Ginobili over Jack once, and that was two championships ago, so I don't think they'll be changing their minds now, bad ankles be damned.

Jefferson just got here, so he won't be traded without having a chance to play.

Perhaps the right package of Mason and/or Hill, plus filler (i.e. Bonner, Finley, Williams) would strike the chord with Golden State, but I'm betting other teams will be able to offer better packages. And as much as I'd love to get Jack back on board (and I would), I still would hate to see it at the cost of the youth movement.

Not to mention this would also push us even more ridiculously over the cap then we already are. I don't even care to take the time to do the math, but I'm pretty sure the contracts of Duncan + Parker + Ginobili + Jackson + Jefferson alone would put the Spurs over the cap or damn near it, which will only be dropping next year.

Nellie wouldn't trade baseball cards with Cuban, so no worries about him going to Dallas.

bigdog
08-30-2009, 06:41 PM
If Jackson is going to end up anywhere, I think it will probably be Houston. I doubt he would go to Cleveland and there's no way Nellie is trading with Cuban.

However, word is Golden State is trying to get some cap relief so they are open to trading some rotation players. If they are really trying to get cap relief, then a trade with the Spurs wouldn't be completely out of the question. I'd love to see Jack back, but I just don't think it would happen.

DPG21920
08-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Why would Houston want Jackson? The reason they did not sign Artest is because with his age and the length of the contract he wanted, he would not help them win a title with Yao and T-Mac in limbo. They could not build around him.

Same with SJax. He is almost identical to why the Rockets did not want Artest.

loveforthegame
08-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Articles suggest that GS wants cap relief. I see them trading Jackson to accomplish that but no way they trade Ellis and/or Biedrins to do so too. They can get some talent in return for those guys for sure.

Dallas is really high on Beaubois so that might be why they part with Barea.

GS has a log jam at the 2/3 so why would they want both Finley and Mason?

exstatic
08-30-2009, 07:03 PM
If Jackson is going to end up anywhere, I think it will probably be Houston. I doubt he would go to Cleveland and there's no way Nellie is trading with Cuban.

However, word is Golden State is trying to get some cap relief so they are open to trading some rotation players. If they are really trying to get cap relief, then a trade with the Spurs wouldn't be completely out of the question. I'd love to see Jack back, but I just don't think it would happen.

Ellis, Biedrens, Maggette, Jackson. In 2012-2013, these four are the only certain contracts for the Warriors. That's four players making $41M. I think GS HAS to move at least two of them. Ellis and Biedrens both have player options for 2013-2014, so they might be harder to move. They're going to have to pay players like Curry and Randolph in a few years, and they're going to want to play them now.

My guess is they'll move Jackson and Ellis. Jackson, in spite of the foolishness spouted here, is on a relatively decent contract. A contender won't balk at that for playoff clutch. Ellis is a bit of a headcase, but is the prototype guard to play under the new hand check restrictions, a la Parker or Devin Harris.

DPG21920
08-30-2009, 07:14 PM
I can't see them moving Ellis unless he is a big time malcontent. Ellis and Curry could be a nice young back court for the future and then you keep Biedrins and Randolph.

exstatic
08-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I can't see them moving Ellis unless he is a big time malcontent. Ellis and Curry could be a nice young back court for the future and then you keep Biedrins and Randolph.

Ellis' advocate was Mullin, who's now gone. The current FO personnel are the ones who meted out his long punishment suspension last year. Ellis made it clear this summer that he didn't want for GS to draft a PG. They drafted a PG.

Doesn't sound like a marriage made in heaven to me. They might keep him this year unless he's actively disruptive, but if he is, they may ship him out before the deadline. I think he's gonzo by next summer at the latest.

DPG21920
08-30-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't think Curry is a PG, but that is just me. I think he is a SG. It will be interesting to see what they do with Ellis.

VivaPopovich
08-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Book it.

Ok, I'll take that bet. How much?

Jackson won't sign because he's an overrated player that takes more shots than he makes that cares more about SLAM magazine than playing good defense.

exstatic
08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't think Curry is a PG, but that is just me. I think he is a SG. It will be interesting to see what they do with Ellis.

He's as much a PG as Ellis is, and a better shooter by far.

BlackBellamy
08-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Finley does have the Nellie connection... :stirpot:.

ClingingMars
08-30-2009, 08:54 PM
I don't think we need him. We need Splitter more than we need Jax.

FuzzyLumpkins
08-30-2009, 09:12 PM

I see many of oyu have never been to Arkansas, Kentucky, pretty much all of Appalachia etc.

Living in a trailer is one thing. Living in a town that still doesnt have running water is quite another.

BlackBellamy
08-30-2009, 10:21 PM
I see many of oyu have never been to Arkansas, Kentucky, pretty much all of Appalachia etc.

Living in a trailer is one thing. Living in a town that still doesnt have running water is quite another.

I think the best test for white trashdom within a populace is, 'how many times does a city appear on episodes of COPS within a year?'. Observing Appalachia is like tribal anthropology. You can hardly fault them for being backwards.

mabrignani
08-31-2009, 01:20 AM
We need a gangsta on this team. We are missing that.

DAMN RIGHT! shit if you get Pimp C to rap about you than you must have done somethin. well i guess he did do something gangsta, he went straight up into the opposing teams fans seats and started brawlin. but not to mention the most gangsta thing he ever did....win the ship with the spurs

http://blog.oregonlive.com/tailgate/2007/10/medium_stephenjackson.jpg the mans got a gun in the middle of the praying hands....thats hard

TFloss32
08-31-2009, 08:25 AM
DAMN RIGHT! shit if you get Pimp C to rap about you than you must have done somethin. well i guess he did do something gangsta, he went straight up into the opposing teams fans seats and started brawlin. but not to mention the most gangsta thing he ever did....win the ship with the spurs

http://blog.oregonlive.com/tailgate/2007/10/medium_stephenjackson.jpg the mans got a gun in the middle of the praying hands....thats hard

Pimp C rapped about Stephen Jackon because they're both from Port Arthur. Nevertheless, Jax is the man and I've wanted him back ever since he bolted for Atlanta after the '03 Finals. Not going to happen though.

manufan10
08-31-2009, 08:49 AM
The Spurs would look a lot dangerous on paper, but I don't know what that would do to the chemistry. There's only one ball, Duncan, Parker, Jefferson, and Ginobili want their touches, then all of a sudden throw Jackson into the mix. I'm not too sure. It may work if everyone understands that they play in a role, and we know Duncan/Parker/Ginobili won't have a problem. However, we are unsure about Jackson/Jefferson. I wouldn't be upset if the Spurs FO pulled it off, but I don't see them doing it.

rjv
08-31-2009, 09:52 AM
i could see houston in his future. definitely not the spurs.

mountainballer
08-31-2009, 10:10 AM
i could see houston in his future. definitely not the spurs.

totally agree. with t-mac out (and likely gone in 2010), they would have the most need for him (therefore could also offer the most minutes and shots) and they could offer a better package than Spurs or Mavs can. a package of Landry and Cook (expiring) might be quite interesting for the Warriors, overall they save about 24 million and still get back a nice player in Landry.

on the other hand, there could be a reason why the Rockts might not go this direction, if they decide to totally restart. if they don't add long term contracts and also move Battier, they would become a major player in the 2010 free agency. (with Bosh being a possible target)

MB20
08-31-2009, 10:21 AM
Rockets would make sense...but Sjax said he would like to be traded to a contender.

Not Mavs because of Nellie, not Rockets because they are not contenders...so it would be between Cavs and Spurs. :hat

coyotes_geek
08-31-2009, 10:22 AM
Houston is one of the few teams in the league who stands a good chance at being able to actually cash in on the 2010 bonanza, so I doubt they'd be in a big hurry to take on Jackson for expirings. Now if GS would agree to something like Jackson for Battier plus a young player and/or draft pick then I think they'd pull the trigger on that.

manufan10
08-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Since when have any of those players complained about not getting touches?

Selective reading. I also said we know how Duncan/Parker/Ginobili will react. What we don't know is how Jefferson/Jackson would react. Sure Jefferson might not worry about it with Duncan/Parker/Ginobili but if you throw in Jackson, he might get upset about the amount of touches he gets. We don't know how these two guys will react with limited touches, and that would affect team chemistry.

mountainballer
08-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Rockets would make sense...but Sjax said he would like to be traded to a contender.

sure, but Sjax isn't exactly KG or Shaq, to not only demand a trade but also dictate the destination.
he says he wants out AND a contender AND warm weather AND whatever might be a bit to much. and I think he would still be pretty happy, if he ends up in Houston, even if they don't look like a contender for some years.

coyotes_geek
08-31-2009, 10:32 AM

Not Mavs because of Nellie, not Rockets because they are not contenders...so it would be between Cavs and Spurs. :hat

Houston isn't going anywhere this year, but their future isn't completely bleak. Plus Houston is pretty close to Jackson's hometown of Port Arthur.

MB20
08-31-2009, 10:38 AM
Houston isn't going anywhere this year, but their future isn't completely bleak. Plus Houston is pretty close to Jackson's hometown of Port Arthur.

Yao´s health is a big IF. So I wouldn´t put any money in their near future.

manufan10
08-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Jackson never complained last time he was with the team... So obviously, based on direct experience we "don't know" :lol

He also wasn't the fourth or fifth option. :rolleyes He's also become a better player since he was last on the Spurs. Who's to say he hasn't developed more of an ego? I'm not saying he has either. I'm just saying that we don't know.

DaBears
08-31-2009, 10:50 AM
As many have mentioned it would be nice to have Jack back in the Silver & Black but its never going to happen. More than likely he would be headed to the Rockets over SA, for the simple fact that they have a need and possibly better packaged deal that can make both sides happy.

Then again this has been a hell of yah summer for SA, and as mentioned before are the SPURS really done making all thier moves before the start of the season..... Makes you think...... JACk could be BACK and that would deffently put us over the LAKERS by everyones views........

DaBears
08-31-2009, 10:55 AM
YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE, SOWHAT YOU HAVE TO SHOVEL OUT ACOUPLE MIL MORE IT WOULD BE WELL WORTH IT IN YEARS TO COME WITH INCREASE IN PUBLICITY, MARKET VALUE AND TICKET SALES. "You must spend and take risks if you want to get head in the end, that was of course before the wife took it all". lol

Muser
08-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Rockets won't take on SJaxs contract, that's why they didn't offer Artest more than one year.

manufan10
08-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah, we don't know. We don't know if Manu's health will hold up. We don't know if RJ is going to be a flop. We don't know how bad our perimeter D is going to be exposed next year. You just gotta have faith.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/cgo/lowres/cgon319l.jpg
If you read my first post again, you would see that I'm not against them trying to trade for him. It would be risky IMO, because there are some what if's. I'm not against it at all, just stating something that should be of caution.

DaBears
08-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Then if We know that Nelly wont deal with Cuban, then Spurs is the only logical choice from the Article i read..... SJax stating that we wanted to be traded to one of the Tx's teams... SPURS have a good shoot. I dont see Cleveland in the hunt because they have already made all the chances they can to thier roster this summer and manage meant stated that are not willing to go further into the luxury tax.

coyotes_geek
08-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Then if We know that Nelly wont deal with Cuban, then Spurs is the only logical choice from the Article i read..... SJax stating that we wanted to be traded to one of the Tx's teams... SPURS have a good shoot. I dont see Cleveland in the hunt because they have already made all the chances they can to thier roster this summer and manage meant stated that are not willing to go further into the luxury tax.

So Cleveland doesn't want to go further into the luxury tax but the Spurs do?

lefty
08-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Bonner and FInley are mostly spot-up shooters.

They would fit in the GS system :D

Agloco
08-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Nelson also likes Finley....

:lol

Who doesn't?

Vic Petro
08-31-2009, 11:26 AM
You can't take Jackson's numbers over the past couple of years and use them to predict how he would be on the Spurs. He's had shitty field goal percentages putting up lots of shots as the #2 or 3 option on a bad team. On the Spurs, as a role player getting open jumpers off TD post up and TP/Manu drives, he would be deadly.

Also, as far as his cost, if you trade Mason/Finley/Marcus Williams, the Spurs only take in about $550K in additional salary for this year, which would result in about and extra $1.1 million Holt would have to pay toward player salaries. It's nothing to sneeze at, but it's also not an exorbitant request.

Buford et al would just have to get a little creative in the coming years to carry Jackson's contract. It would be great for our title run this year and next, and hopefully by the time he regresses significantly his contract will be close enough to expiring that he is tradeable.

Agloco
08-31-2009, 11:28 AM
http://mburkert.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/cuban3.jpg

Amend......

Which coach doesn't?

timtonymanurich
08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
As sweet as it would be to have ol' Jacko back, I'm concerned he would do more damage than good. Sure he'd make a few threes and get to the cup on occasion, but isn't that why we scored RJ?? If Stephen Jackson would WILLINGLY accept a secondary role I would consider it. But I still believe that we'll win the title this year regardless.

buttsR4rebounding
08-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Articles suggest that GS wants cap relief. I see them trading Jackson to accomplish that but no way they trade Ellis and/or Biedrins to do so too. They can get some talent in return for those guys for sure.

Dallas is really high on Beaubois so that might be why they part with Barea.

GS has a log jam at the 2/3 so why would they want both Finley and Mason?

Expiring contracts. Bonner might fit into that system nicely. Ideally Bonner and Fin and a 1st rounder. That would add more to the luxury tax, but RJ, Manu, SJax and Mason would be the best wing rotation in the league without a doubt.

BlackBellamy
08-31-2009, 01:05 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050422/050422_avery_johnson_vmed.widec.jpg

How about which currently coaching coach? Or we can bring this full circle... now which owner doesn't like Avery Johnson?

manufan10
08-31-2009, 01:18 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050422/050422_avery_johnson_vmed.widec.jpg

Why are you pink bro? :lol

wildbill2u
08-31-2009, 02:18 PM
Segu's parents should have been sterilized.

They got it half-right and look what happened.

Fabbs
08-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Amend......

Which coach doesn't?
Amend.
One who has repeated.

chrisrod2008
08-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Mavs trading for Stephen Jackson? (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/116713-mavs-trading-for-stephen-jackson)

08:53 AM ET 08.30

A source very close to the Golden State front office said that Nellie is leading serious in-house conversation about proposing a trade to the Mavs (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4546) that would move a rotation-caliber player, possibly Stephen Jackson (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4183), from Golden State to Dallas in exchange for cap relief.

Stephen Jackson's salary is $7,650,000 so I don't see the Spurs paying that considering they are already paying for $10 million on luxury tax.

FkLA
08-31-2009, 03:54 PM
You can't take Jackson's numbers over the past couple of years and use them to predict how he would be on the Spurs. He's had shitty field goal percentages putting up lots of shots as the #2 or 3 option on a bad team. On the Spurs, as a role player getting open jumpers off TD post up and TP/Manu drives, he would be deadly.

Also, as far as his cost, if you trade Mason/Finley/Marcus Williams, the Spurs only take in about $550K in additional salary for this year, which would result in about and extra $1.1 million Holt would have to pay toward player salaries. It's nothing to sneeze at, but it's also not an exorbitant request.

Buford et al would just have to get a little creative in the coming years to carry Jackson's contract. It would be great for our title run this year and next, and hopefully by the time he regresses significantly his contract will be close enough to expiring that he is tradeable.

Agree, Agree, Agree.

Im tired of people saying stupid shit like 'the spurs are already over the luxury tax, they wont take on his contract'...this isnt a freakin FA signing we're talking about, its a damn trade people. If we make this trade and end up with his contract, which contrary to popular belief is actually a good one, we will have to unload contracts that are close to the same value. The luxury tax wont increase astronomically, if anything like Vic said it will increase by a couple of hundred thousand dollars.

Mel_13
08-31-2009, 04:06 PM
Agree, Agree, Agree.

Im tired of people saying stupid shit like 'the spurs are already over the luxury tax, they wont take on his contract'...this isnt a freakin FA signing we're talking about, its a damn trade people. If we make this trade and end up with his contract, which contrary to popular belief is actually a good one, we will have to unload contracts that are close to the same value. The luxury tax wont increase astronomically, if anything like Vic said it will increase by a couple of hundred thousand dollars.

There is no real problem with Jackson's salary for 2009-2010 season, it will be largely balanced out by the contracts that are traded for him.

His guaranteed salaries for the three following seasons are a legitimate concern for the Spurs or any team considering a trade for him. You may regard those concerns as inconsequential, but that does not make it so. Whether you're tired of it or not, the likelihood of a trade for Jackson is greatly affected by the dollars and years guaranteed to him.

xtremesteven33
08-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Parker/Hill
Jax/Manu
Jefferson/Bowen
Dyess/Blair
Duncan/Ratliff

:lobt:

FkLA
08-31-2009, 04:15 PM
His first two years are great value, his physical fitness right now is great and suggests that his third yr will be good as well...if anything the Spurs are taking a gamble on the 4th yr which could always be used as a trade asset, 10 mill expiring is a good trade chip. We're going to have to go into re-build mode once TD is out anyways, so I dont see why everyone is so worried about the long-term issues. This teams time to win is now, if overpaying Jax in the fourth yr is what it takes to win two or three more titles I do it in a heartbeat. If the Warriors accept Finley, Bonner, and Mason for Jax than this is a no brainer.

xtremesteven33
08-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Chemistry wont be an issue with Jax. He knows the Spurs system and loves it. Minutes wont be a big problem with the Spurs either as many think.

Manu doesnt care about minutes (he has stated before) that winning is the most important thing for him. If Manu is starting or coming off the bench hes gonna play the same way. Hes already accomplished so much in his career that individual stats and glory are only second to winning for him. Jefferson also i could assume doesnt care about minutes as much as earlier in his career. He has been to the Finals twice and lost both times. Hes a very mature player who wont cause a ruckus if he gets 25-30 minutes a night knowing that its for the benefit of the team.

Jax would make this team DAMN good. And if the Spurs are fully healthy and if Parkers game continues to improve than this team could very well be the best Spurs team of all time easily....

Mel_13
08-31-2009, 04:31 PM
His first two years are great value, his physical fitness right now is great and suggests that his third yr will be good as well...if anything the Spurs are taking a gamble on the 4th yr which could always be used as a trade asset, 10 mill expiring is a good trade chip. We're going to have to go into re-build mode once TD is out anyways, so I dont see why everyone is so worried about the long-term issues. This teams time to win is now, if overpaying Jax in the fourth yr is what it takes to win two or three more titles I do it in a heartbeat. If the Warriors accept Finley, Bonner, and Mason for Jax than this is a no brainer.

The final two years are a concern because they will paid under the terms of a new CBA, the details of which are completely unknown. Your assumption that the contract can evolve into a trading asset is based on a new CBA that is substantially the same as the current one. There is no good reason to make such an assumption. Jackson's contract, viewed in the context of a significantly altered CBA (perhaps one with a hard cap), could make it difficult to retain Parker and RJ when their deals are up in 2011.

The second year of the contract, while it may be appropriate in size for someone with his skills, is also problematic because of the impact it could have on retaining Manu. Again, some may not consider this to be a major concern, but the Spurs FO may.

Back in May, I advocated for Jackson as a better trade target than Jefferson for the Spurs. Well, they have added the contracts of RJ and Dice since then. Given their current obligations and the unknowns associated with the 2011 CBA, the dollars and years guaranteed to Jackson are significant concerns.

rayray2k8
08-31-2009, 04:42 PM
And if he doesn't, will you stop posting for a year??

FkLA
08-31-2009, 04:49 PM
10 mill expiring will always have value, there will always be teams rebuilding that could use the cap space by season's end regardless of the CBA...which I think might change but not drastically to the point where it will alter this.

Isnt Timmy taking a 4 mill paycut in order to re-sign Manu? Plus a couple of expirings will still be around even if this SJax trade goes down, so I think theyll be able to put a decnent deal for Manu regardless. Call me naive but I dont see him going anywhere he is way too loyal. Regarding RJ, he's going to need to take a huge paycut after the two yrs cause he aint worth what we're paying him and if he jets than Jax will still be solid by than and he can step in. We use the cap room from RJ's expiring to sign Tony and thats that.

barbacoataco
08-31-2009, 04:49 PM
I think his contract is too long. Also, the original decision to let him walk because of his attitude/mental stability was maybe the right decision.

Don't get me wrong in 2003 he came through, and if the Spurs do wind up trading for him I'd be excited for the short term possibility.

Mel_13
08-31-2009, 04:52 PM
10 mill expiring will always have value, there will always be teams rebuilding that could use the cap space by season's end regardless of the CBA...which I think might change but not drastically to the point where it will alter this.

Isnt Timmy taking a 4 mill paycut in order to re-sign Manu? Plus a couple of expirings will still be around even if this SJax trade goes down, so I think theyll be able to put a decnent deal for Manu regardless. Call me naive but I dont see him going anywhere he is way too loyal. Regarding RJ, he's going to need to take a huge paycut after the two yrs cause he aint worth what we're paying him and if he jets than Jax will still be solid by than and he can step in. We use the cap room from RJ's expiring to sign Tony and thats that.

Well you've obviously convinced yourself.:lol

peter_slb
08-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Nice opportunity to get rid of Mason and Bonner.

FkLA
08-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Call me naive, but I dont see any reason why u dont do this deal. Jefferson will be 31 or 32 by the time his contract expires as well, I see this as a 2 yr experiment. I dont think theyll resign him and if they do it will be for much less than what he is currently making. I dont see why people are so concerned about Jax in 3 yrs, he's in his prime right now. Players dont normally go from prime to worthless in 3 yrs, he should still be productive and be more than capable of stepping in if RJ jets. Tony will be re-signed I dont really think there's any question about that.

This might be hypothetical, but than again this whole discussion is so take it as u will.

SpurNation
08-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Is Jax worth almost 8 mil now...Yes. Will he be worth 10 mil 3 years from now?

The Spurs have never been opposed to paying somebody more than they're worth in the past if it meant that player helped them to championships now.

I don't see why they wouldn't if a deal meant:
1) Rid the team of Bonner (and his contract) who won't get much playing time anyway.
2) Bring in a player that can contribute at 2 positions that will be needed. (Regarding Manu's past 2 year history...how can the Spurs be sure he can last an entire season?)
3) The window of opportunity to win is now... not after Duncan and Ginobili are either decrepit or gone.

mookie2001
08-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Parker/Hill
Jax/Manu
Jefferson/Bowen
Dyess/Blair
Duncan/Ratliff

:lobt:deep

DPG21920
08-31-2009, 07:22 PM
deep

Damn, that was deep as well. So much depth around here lately.

Nathan Explosion
08-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Mavs trading for Stephen Jackson? (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/116713-mavs-trading-for-stephen-jackson)

08:53 AM ET 08.30

A source very close to the Golden State front office said that Nellie is leading serious in-house conversation about proposing a trade to the Mavs (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4546) that would move a rotation-caliber player, possibly Stephen Jackson (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/4183), from Golden State to Dallas in exchange for cap relief.

Stephen Jackson's salary is $7,650,000 so I don't see the Spurs paying that considering they are already paying for $10 million on luxury tax.

The one thing that the writer doesn't take into account is Nellie's feelings towards the Mavs. Is he over the entire situation or does he still harbor a grudge? That alone could greatly affect any trade with Dallas.

Just a thought to entertain...

ohmwrecker
08-31-2009, 08:04 PM
The one thing that the writer doesn't take into account is Nellie's feelings towards the Mavs. Is he over the entire situation or does he still harbor a grudge? That alone could greatly affect any trade with Dallas.

Just a thought to entertain...

Did everyone forget that his son is the GM for the Mavs. Also, Don Nelson is only the coach of the Warriors. So, it's not solely his decision to make.

lefty
08-31-2009, 08:19 PM
They got it half-right and look what happened.

Half man, half unamazing

Nathan Explosion
08-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Did everyone forget that his son is the GM for the Mavs. Also, Don Nelson is only the coach of the Warriors. So, it's not solely his decision to make.

Don Nelson is a coach just like Pop is "just" a coach.

Second, Donny Nelson staying with the Mavs was not without controversy itself. Remember, Dad Nelson was more than too happy to beat the Mavs in the playoffs right after his departure. And I believe there's was (still?) a lawsuit filed against Mark Cuban by Dad Nelson.

So just because Son Nelson is employed by the Mavs, that doesn't mean Dad Nelson is a-okay with it.

crc21209
08-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Bottom line is....Don Nelson will deal with Pop & the Spurs before he deals with the Devil Cuban and the Mavs.

Nathan Explosion
08-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Bottom line is....Don Nelson will deal with Pop & the Spurs before he deals with the Devil Cuban and the Mavs.

Much more likely to happen. Don Nelson actually likes Pop and vice versa. And given that the consensus is that the Spurs won't get Jackson, that should tell you all you need to know about Don Nelson and the Mavs.

Buddy Holly
08-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Parker/Hill
Jax/Manu
Jefferson/Bowen
Dyess/Blair
Duncan/Ratliff

:lobt:

Holy shit, people still can't face the fact that Bowen is not coming back. :wow

Old School 44
09-01-2009, 10:59 AM

+1. He's going to Dallas or going East. The only reason he considers Houston, is they are close to his hometown and he could possibly become the number one option on that team. But they are not a contender, with or without him.

It would be great to see him here, but I doubt it. Any trade combo that leaves out Tim, Tony, Manu, Jefferson, McDyess, Blair, Hill, Mahinmi, I'm happy to part with. I'd even give up Splitter rights. I just can't see it happening.

Nathan Explosion
09-01-2009, 11:02 AM
+1. He's going to Dallas or going East. The only reason he considers Houston, is they are close to his hometown and he could possibly become the number one option on that team. But they are not a contender, with or without him.

It would be great to see him here, but I doubt it. Any trade combo that leaves out Tim, Tony, Manu, Jefferson, McDyess, Blair, Hill, Mahinmi, I'm happy to part with. I'd even give up Splitter rights. I just can't see it happening.

What part of "Don Nelson hates the Mavs" don't people understand?

Also, Donny Nelson isn't the GM of the Mavs, contrary to popular belief. The Mavs don't have an official GM, according to Mark Cuban that is.

jb4g
09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
The Spurs let Sjax walk the first time because of his questionable off the court decisions, the people he associated with, and the lifestyle he lived...none of which were up to Spurs standards. Even though he turned in some clutch playoff games, they still chose to let him go for the character reasons....regardless of how it may have been portrayed in the media at the time. IMO his involvement in the Palace Brawl reaffirmed what the Spurs FO saw in him all along.

That being said :) Now that hes on the plus side of 30, has matured and managed to stay out of trouble for a few years, I think they have to consider bringing him back, especially if you can package a finley/bonner/mason for him. Its obvious Pop still likes the guy, and if Jax is truly willing to fall in place and serve a role, and only concern himself with winning a 'ship, then i think its a no brainer. His salary is not that bad for what you get in return, and we need someone with his fire and personality to liven things up.

the question is, does the FO still think he is that guy from a few years ago, and if he is do you take the risk now when you wouldnt before? Or do you worry about him going to another contender like Dallas or CLE and make this trade simply to prevent him from helping someone else.

things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

Old School 44
09-01-2009, 11:18 AM
What part of "Don Nelson hates the Mavs" don't people understand?

Also, Donny Nelson isn't the GM of the Mavs, contrary to popular belief. The Mavs don't have an official GM, according to Mark Cuban that is.

According to this page, Donn Nelson is still the President of Basketball Operations/General Manager of the Mavericks.
http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/staff_directory_010216.html

Business is business. I'm not saying GS is going to give them Jacks like Gasol/Memphis. The price will be high or it won't get done.

xtremesteven33
09-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Holy shit, people still can't face the fact that Bowen is not coming back. :wow

Theres still a chance he might....even though Pop denies it right now i think by mid season he will decide to cut a Dleague talent on the roster to bring in a fresh, battle tested Bowen for the end of the season.

HarlemHeat37
09-01-2009, 12:09 PM
The Spurs let Sjax walk the first time because of his questionable off the court decisions, the people he associated with, and the lifestyle he lived...none of which were up to Spurs standards. Even though he turned in some clutch playoff games, they still chose to let him go for the character reasons....regardless of how it may have been portrayed in the media at the time. IMO his involvement in the Palace Brawl reaffirmed what the Spurs FO saw in him all along.

That being said :) Now that hes on the plus side of 30, has matured and managed to stay out of trouble for a few years, I think they have to consider bringing him back, especially if you can package a finley/bonner/mason for him. Its obvious Pop still likes the guy, and if Jax is truly willing to fall in place and serve a role, and only concern himself with winning a 'ship, then i think its a no brainer. His salary is not that bad for what you get in return, and we need someone with his fire and personality to liven things up.

the question is, does the FO still think he is that guy from a few years ago, and if he is do you take the risk now when you wouldnt before? Or do you worry about him going to another contender like Dallas or CLE and make this trade simply to prevent him from helping someone else.

:rolleyes

Nathan Explosion
09-01-2009, 12:26 PM
According to this page, Donn Nelson is still the President of Basketball Operations/General Manager of the Mavericks.
http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/staff_directory_010216.html

Business is business. I'm not saying GS is going to give them Jacks like Gasol/Memphis. The price will be high or it won't get done.

According to Mark Cuban, as he stated on the Bill Simmons podcast, there are no official titles for GM because he feels they don't need them. Straight from his mouth.

It actually was a very interesting podcast, and even though I'm a Spurs fan, I wish basketball fans could see that side of Cuban more. He was smart, interesting, engaging, and generally very likable. The one thing he doesn't understand is that Mark Cuban the fan is a jackass and Mark Cuban the owner needs to reign that in a bit.

This is the best link I could come up with.

http://search.espn.go.com/mark-cuban-bs-report/

Old School 44
09-01-2009, 12:51 PM
According to Mark Cuban, as he stated on the Bill Simmons podcast, there are no official titles for GM because he feels they don't need them. Straight from his mouth.

Not doubting Cuban would say that, but Donn Nelson is still with the Mavs and is somewhere high in that chain of player recruitment/signing regardless of his title. If Cuban had to deal with Don Nelson/Larry Riley, who do you think he'd send?

buttsR4rebounding
09-01-2009, 02:17 PM

You are totally wrong about why the front office "let SJax walk". It was all about money. They offered him a 3 year 10 million dollar contract, but he wanted more. He took a one year deal w/ the Hawks for the about $1,000,000, had a great season and signed a big long term deal w/ Indiana. I remember everyone (including me) talking about what a dumb ass he was for taking $ 1 million over a guaranteed $10 million, but as it turned out he was right on the money (so to speak). They didn't "let him walk" he ran away.

K-State Spur
09-01-2009, 02:21 PM

they let him walk the first time because they didn't want to bid against themselves. they had the largest bid out there to him, by a decent margin, and instead he opted for the short term deal in an attempt to inflate his value (which worked).

ducks
09-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Why? Because they have the fucking mojo and the trade assets to get it done. Fuck Cuban. Fuck the Rockets. Fuck the Cavs.

Book it.

you are full of shit
short stuff
do you want other people to book it since you can not reach the shelf the book is on

NFGIII
09-01-2009, 03:50 PM

^

You are totally wrong about why the front office "let SJax walk". It was all about money. They offered him a 3 year 10 million dollar contract, but he wanted more. He took a one year deal w/ the Hawks for the about $1,000,000, had a great season and signed a big long term deal w/ Indiana. I remember everyone (including me) talking about what a dumb ass he was for taking $ 1 million over a guaranteed $10 million, but as it turned out he was right on the money (so to speak). They didn't "let him walk" he ran away.

they let him walk the first time because they didn't want to bid against themselves. they had the largest bid out there to him, by a decent margin, and instead he opted for the short term deal in an attempt to inflate his value (which worked).

Agreed. He walked on the 10 mil contract thinking he was worth more and opted for the short term deal with the Hawks. It worked as Indiana forked over the huge deal the following year.

Too bad he left but that's the NBA. I think we would have probably gotten to the finals in '04 with Sjax. No bricks from Hedo since he wouldn't have been here. Who wins that final? Duno but it would have been a great one. The Pistons were on a roll going into the playoffs and that would have been a tough call either way.

I personally don't think he is coming here. IIRC he really pissed off Pop with his antics. Hopefully he is more mature now, at least for his sake, and would be a great addition but I just don't see it happening.

skinsfan1
09-02-2009, 12:22 AM
I dont think he'll be back

TIMMYD!
09-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Hello

xmas1997
09-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Well, it's the end of the week and no SJax.
Surprise, surprise!

buttsR4rebounding
09-05-2009, 05:40 AM
Typical SequSpur thread...full of you know what...

Please_dont_ban_me
09-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Too good to be true.

wildbill2u
09-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Since we have seen the Spurs are in full revamping mode this summer--and no move to sign Jax--I hope that this will put to rest for all time any threads on him coming back.

But I doubt it. Probably when he gets cut for the final time by some team who decides his career is over, we'll have some idiots saying, "Bring back Jax. He's clutch."

Texas_Ranger
09-05-2009, 12:44 PM
hoopsworld >>> Sequ

buttsR4rebounding
09-05-2009, 01:11 PM
hoopsworld >>> Sequ

:rollin

Steve-O-Matic
09-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Steve-O-Matic Rumor: SequSpur will still be a stupid shitstain by the end of the week.

exstatic
09-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I'd call this a SequFAIL if that weren't already redundant.

honestfool84
09-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Wow, you guys are going to regret saying that.

BREAKING: San Antonio and Golden State Stephen Jackson package near completion

you're one of the stupidest posters i've seen on her. it's pissing me off.

don't click that link.

baseline bum
09-05-2009, 04:44 PM

What a load of crap. The Spurs let Jack walk because he wanted 5 years and they only wanted to commit three after getting burned by contracts like Charles Smith's and Jaren Jackson's.

angelbelow
09-05-2009, 05:38 PM
lol hes gone

exstatic
09-05-2009, 05:41 PM
you're one of the stupidest posters i've seen on her. it's pissing me off.

don't click that link.

What do you expect? Just over 600 posts, and he's pinked already. :lol

lotr1trekkie
09-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Pop would only approve the move if he felt that Jackson could readapt to playing a role and not being a big cajona. His salary is a big negative if we want to resign Manu who is certainly deserving of more $$$ than Jax ever was.

Bender
09-05-2009, 07:05 PM
big cajona
big "kahuna", although he does have cojones.

rayray2k8
09-06-2009, 03:02 AM
Is he still coming??

Bender
09-06-2009, 08:34 AM
someone break out the Fail pics

bigbendbruisebrother
09-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Come on people. He said "the" week, not "this" week. If time is infinite, then all things are possible.

manu_maniac
09-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Come on people. He said "the" week, not "this" week. If time is infinite, then all things are possible.

Haha, nice word twisting. I like it.

Nbadan
09-06-2009, 11:33 PM
What a load of crap. The Spurs let Jack walk because he wanted 5 years and they only wanted to commit three after getting burned by contracts like Charles Smith's and Jaren Jackson's.

Probably the worst move the front office had ever made at the time (and I let them know it). Spurs could have resigned Jack but they let him walk for nothing.

SequSpur
11-14-2009, 11:19 AM
bump

exstatic
11-14-2009, 11:21 AM
bump

You're bumping your humiliation?

tp2021
11-14-2009, 11:23 AM
If it happened today, you were only off by 10 weeks.