PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Season 4

Mister Sinister
08-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Starts 9/21. Yes, I know I used to dislike this show. But I gave it another chance during Season 2 (started watching it with people from school in the middle of S2 through Season 3), and I love it. Season 3 was a treat to watch, despite looking like it was heading for a Thirty Xanatos Pileup. So, on that note, thoughts on the new season?

Dr. Gonzo
08-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Season 1 was incredible. Season 2 was disappointing. Season 3 was unwatchable. Season 4 will be the last before it gets canceled.

Mister Sinister
08-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Season 1 was incredible. Season 2 was disappointing. Season 3 was unwatchable. Season 4 will be the last before it gets canceled.
See, I had trouble getting through the first season, and 3's been my favorite so far. Different strokes, I guess.

Dr. Gonzo
08-30-2009, 02:29 PM
I guess. I was so disappointed with how bad the show got during the second season. I couldn't even make it through the first couple of episodes of season 3. It was just terrible.

BlackSwordsMan
08-30-2009, 03:11 PM
yup s3 was so bad

fraga
08-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Season 4 Trailer (http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/video/clips/road-to-redemption/1139956/)

Cant_Be_Faded
08-30-2009, 05:27 PM
gay

greywheel
08-30-2009, 05:48 PM
ooh. Ali Larter is back. Hot!

Sad thing is I don't remember how last season ended.

Trainwreck2100
08-30-2009, 05:56 PM
i was fine with season 3 until Sylarthan, the idea is so fucking stupid, if Sylar offs parkman and gets his powers i'm done with this show.

BlackSwordsMan
08-30-2009, 06:45 PM
why do they keep killing ali larters characters if they're just gonna bring her back?

sonic21
08-31-2009, 07:34 AM
only the 1st season was good (except the finale). Some episodes of the 3rd season were ok. I haven't watched the 2nd part of the season though.

JudynTX
08-31-2009, 09:03 AM
meh

A_Duke
09-02-2009, 11:47 AM
didn't like season 2, and the third started out so bad, I quit watching halfway through the third episode. Sucks the show went stale so quick, the first season was brilliant.

LnGrrrR
09-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I've heard the last few episodes of Season 3 are decent. The problem, as I saw it, is that while it had its origins in comic book storytelling, it ended there. It didn't explore or use these powers in an interesting way. It's just cheesy battling and soap opera drama; no insight on how these people with powers could actually affect the world around them. Plus, the Lost-ish "everyone is connected" didn't really work.

Heck, there weren't even any in-jokes in the show to appeal to comic book readers, like an underground hideout or team insignia or anything.

Fpoonsie
09-02-2009, 04:01 PM
why do they keep killing ali larters characters if they're just gonna bring her back?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. And HOW in LUCIFER's name did Sylar go all that time w/o gettin somebody's flying power?!? That's the FIRST thing I'd get. Dumbass.

That being said/typed, I thought season 3 was great. A shape-shifting Sylar was scary as FUCK. Lookin forward to season 4. :tu

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. And HOW in LUCIFER's name did Sylar go all that time w/o gettin somebody's flying power?!? That's the FIRST thing I'd get. Dumbass.

That being said/typed, I thought season 3 was great. A shape-shifting Sylar was scary as FUCK. Lookin forward to season 4. :tu

He's had flight since season 1, he used it to get away from matt/fbi chick when he went after Walker

Fpoonsie
09-02-2009, 04:37 PM
He's had flight since season 1, he used it to get away from matt/fbi chick when he went after Walker

:oops

Hmm... I guess I just kept seein him use a car, I assumed he didn't or FORGOT that he did. Like when he drove all that way to find his dad...

Weird.

caribbean_spur
09-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Loved season 1, quit midway through season 2. Did not bother for season 3.

Avitus1
09-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Season 4 probably will be the gayest one yet.

phyzik
09-21-2009, 11:38 AM
bumpies

ATRAIN
09-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Ill be watching just hope im not disappointed.

Fpoonsie
09-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I'll be DVRin this, too. Just hope they wait too long to bring Sylar back.

And a tit-shot w/ Claire couldn't hurt.

Trainwreck2100
09-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Season 4 probably will be the gayest one yet.

Doubtful as it has ray park aka snake eyes aka darth maul aka toad

JudynTX
09-21-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm going to try to watch this tonight, no promises. It better not bore me.

Mister Sinister
09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Girlfriend's DVRing it, then her, myself, and two friends (and possibly a pizza place) are watching it after I get out of work tonight.

Sec24Row7
09-21-2009, 02:31 PM
They need to uncastrate Peter and Hiro who they severely limited in season 3...

Peter being an unmitigated badass by absorbing powers in like a nuclear arms race with Sylar was what made Season 1 so cool...

JudynTX
09-21-2009, 02:32 PM
So is Sylar still alive?

Mister Sinister
09-21-2009, 03:21 PM
So is Sylar still alive?
Yes.

sonic21
09-21-2009, 03:23 PM
will he be good, then bad?
or bad, then good?

Trainwreck2100
09-21-2009, 03:27 PM
will he be good, then bad?
or bad, then good?

I'd wager good then bad, he probably will get his memory back and then be the same one dimensional overpowered dbag

Mister Sinister
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
I'd wager good then bad, he probably will get his memory back and then be the same one dimensional overpowered dbag
I dunno...getting your memory back after they did what they did to Sylar usually involves some kind of power-suppressing/modifying mental trauma...

sonic21
09-21-2009, 03:37 PM
so he lost his memory...
Is the 2nd volume of the 3rd season worth watching?

Supergirl
09-21-2009, 03:41 PM
the show is basically a comic book, and you have to see it like that in order to appreciate it at all. that being said, it's obviously not gonna be for everyone.

i liked season 1 a lot, thought season 2 lacked focus, and thought they re-grouped well for season 3. i am looking forward to seeing what season 4 brings - they've set us up for a big shift where the younger "heroes" are now the ones in charge, but we don't know if it will be for good or if they'll repeat the mistakes of the older generation of heroes.

JudynTX
09-21-2009, 03:41 PM
How lost will I be? I didn't want Season 3. :lol

atxrocker
09-21-2009, 03:42 PM
so he lost his memory...
Is the 2nd volume of the 3rd season worth watching?

No, don't waste your time. I'm almost sure this season is going to be just as bad as the past couple but i'll still be watching to see if any of the badassery of season 1 returns.

JudynTX
09-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Sylar is still the best villain on TV right now. :tu

ATRAIN
09-22-2009, 08:35 AM
I dont like it that Peter can only absorb one power at a time now.

JudynTX
09-22-2009, 08:40 AM
I dont like it that Peter can only absorb one power at a time now.

I don't think Claire's roommate killed herself, so who did?

And I heard that Claire will share a kiss with a chick this season. *ATRAIN is drooling right now* :lol

ATRAIN
09-22-2009, 08:50 AM

And I heard that Claire will share a kiss with a chick this season. *ATRAIN is drooling right now* :lol

LOL she going to do her experimenting college years?

JudynTX
09-22-2009, 08:52 AM
LOL she going to do her experimenting college years?

I guess. That dude from the carnival that was talking to Hiro reminds me of that guy on Prison Break, is that him?

Mister Sinister
09-22-2009, 10:01 AM

At the moment, I'm just glad the bitch is dead. I think it was probably the speedster with the knives, if I had to make a guess right now.

lefty
09-22-2009, 10:08 AM
+1 on every count.

MannyIsGod
09-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Fuck this show. So boring. I used to like it so much. JUST GIVE ME ONE HOUR OF SYLAR AND GET RID OF ALL THE OTHER FUCKERS WHO CAN'T ACT THEIR WAY OUT OF A WET PAPER BAG.

ATRAIN
09-22-2009, 12:45 PM
I guess. That dude from the carnival that was talking to Hiro reminds me of that guy on Prison Break, is that him?

Yeah thats Tea Bag Bagwell

Trainwreck2100
09-22-2009, 12:46 PM

Yes

Also I think Sylar and Parkman can have an awesome buddy cop comedy show

ATRAIN
09-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Fuck this show. So boring. I used to like it so much. JUST GIVE ME ONE HOUR OF SYLAR AND GET RID OF ALL THE OTHER FUCKERS WHO CAN'T ACT THEIR WAY OUT OF A WET PAPER BAG.

Yeah for real.

JudynTX
09-22-2009, 12:50 PM

Even the special effects were a little boring last night. WTF

ATRAIN
09-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Even the special effects were a little boring last night. WTF

Man the two hour episode seemed like it lasted for 6 hours. Most of that crap dragged. They need more action and less bullshit.

JudynTX
09-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Man the two hour episode seemed like it lasted for 6 hours. Most of that crap dragged. They need more action and less bullshit.

I should have watched Dancing w/the Stars :rolleyes

ATRAIN
09-22-2009, 01:06 PM
I should have watched Dancing w/the Stars :rolleyes

Damn I was actually gonna see that to see how Chuck Liddell did.

sonic21
09-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Good things in this episode:

-No mohinder.
-Claire's girlfriend seems fairly likeable.
-I actually cared about Ali Larter.
-I'm finally interested in Hiro's storyline now.
-Peter didn't do anything stupid. I think 2 hours is a record for him.

This episode sucked though.

exstatic
09-22-2009, 07:16 PM
I was wondering when Matt would go over to the dark side. It never rang true to me that he was on the good side. His power is almost inherently bad. It's corruptive. It's the closest thing to absolute power on the show. He can make anyone see or believe or do whatever he wants. I thought the little speedster might take him to a neutral setting, but now it looks like Sylar is going to goad him to absolute evil.

Mister Sinister
09-22-2009, 08:00 PM
I was wondering when Matt would go over to the dark side. It never rang true to me that he was on the good side. His power is almost inherently bad. It's corruptive. It's the closest thing to absolute power on the show. He can make anyone see or believe or do whatever he wants. I thought the little speedster might take him to a neutral setting, but now it looks like Sylar is going to goad him to absolute evil.
I don't think Sylar can make him go to, to put it in D&D terms, Chaotic Evil. Parkman's power in and of itself is probably closest to Chaotic Neutral, where Parkman himself would be Neutral Good, and Neutral Good to Chaotic Evil is a pretty big shift. I could see him (Parkman) experiencing a moral shift from Neutral Good to Chaotic Neutral, but I can't see him going full-blown Chaotic Evil.
/Dork

exstatic
09-22-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't think Sylar can make him go to, to put it in D&D terms, Chaotic Evil. Parkman's power in and of itself is probably closest to Chaotic Neutral, where Parkman himself would be Neutral Good, and Neutral Good to Chaotic Evil is a pretty big shift. I could see him (Parkman) experiencing a moral shift from Neutral Good to Chaotic Neutral, but I can't see him going full-blown Chaotic Evil.
/Dork

:lol I don't think in D&D terms (anymore). I think i real world terms. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Sylar said he could make him use his power. He did it. Next time, it will be easier, the time after that even easier.

Mister Sinister
09-23-2009, 12:06 AM
:lol I don't think in D&D terms (anymore). I think i real world terms. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Sylar said he could make him use his power. He did it. Next time, it will be easier, the time after that even easier.
I think in D&D terms where the morality of fictional characters is concerned. :lol Also, I just finished talking about a possible campaign, so, still on my mind.

JoshO501
09-23-2009, 11:30 AM
At the moment, I'm just glad the bitch is dead. I think it was probably the speedster with the knives, if I had to make a guess right now.

i think it was her friend that did it. Kind of obvious isnt it?

Supergirl
09-23-2009, 02:40 PM
I could see Matt flirting with abusing his power but I think ultimately he will come back over to the good side. I like the addition of Sylar being trapped in limbo and haunting Matt, rather than just having it be him fighting to re-emerge in Nathan's body.

Personally I though it was a good opening to the new season. I like the new storyline. I like seeing Peter, Claire, and Matt trying to live "normal" lives.

Will Mohinder be back? There seemed to be very few heroes around in this new season. Where did all the others go? I wonder if we'll see.

Imposter
09-28-2009, 08:02 PM
what the fuck just happened to Peter? and that dumb bitch Claire is getting herself in trouble, again. also the deaf hero was kind of hot, just sayin.

Blackjack
09-29-2009, 02:01 AM
Given the piece of work Parkman's father was, it wouldn't be a stretch to see him go that route. But I don't think we'll see him truly embrace the "darkside." Plenty of moral struggles and dilemmas but, ultimately, a good dude trying to maintain his soul.

I've never really been into comic books or anything like D&D, but this show has become one of the few that has become appointment viewing; Sylar's got to be one of my favorite characters going.

JudynTX
09-29-2009, 10:29 AM
It was an ok episode.

MannyIsGod
09-29-2009, 02:28 PM
It was a shitty episode. The only reason I still watch this garbage is because I DVR it and inevitably have an hour to kill on Tuesday. They're even starting to ruin Sylar.

I HATE Parkman's face twitches when he uses his power. Its so fucking stupid. I hate Peter with a passion. Remember when Peter was a bad ass? I hate Claire because the bitch can't act. I hate Noah because he's a fucking glasses wearing asshole with no character depth. Oh no someone knows about Claire! Such a new storyline! Oh no Peter going to get wrapped up with bad people again! Such a new story line!

johnsmith
09-29-2009, 03:25 PM
It was a shitty episode. The only reason I still watch this garbage is because I DVR it and inevitably have an hour to kill on Tuesday. They're even starting to ruin Sylar.

I HATE Parkman's face twitches when he uses his power. Its so fucking stupid. I hate Peter with a passion. Remember when Peter was a bad ass? I hate Claire because the bitch can't act. I hate Noah because he's a fucking glasses wearing asshole with no character depth. Oh no someone knows about Claire! Such a new storyline! Oh no Peter going to get wrapped up with bad people again! Such a new story line!

I agree 100%. I was hoping to be able to get into this show again but I found myself fast forwarding much of it last night. I think it's done for me.

Pero
09-30-2009, 05:32 PM

Heh, Claire is the most annoying character to me, and she fucking can't die!:bang

Mister Sinister
10-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Heh, Claire is the most annoying character to me, and she fucking can't die!:bang
You could always cut off her head and remove it from the immediate vicinity of her body.

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Its so obvious that claire'[s roomie is the one that made that girl kill herself

JudynTX
10-01-2009, 12:56 PM

Right on Manny! :lol Just give Sylar his own show and call it a day.

JudynTX
10-13-2009, 08:10 AM
:bang This show is going nowhere, fast!

That's it.....I'm throwing in the towel. :lol

Trainwreck2100
10-13-2009, 12:39 PM
it wasn't that bad ernie hudson was cool, i just hope that sylar doesn't get his memory back and start killing everybody. Also :tu for finally incorporating "the greatest american hero" theme song

JudynTX
10-13-2009, 12:55 PM
it wasn't that bad ernie hudson was cool, i just hope that sylar doesn't get his memory back and start killing everybody. Also :tu for finally incorporating "the greatest american hero" theme song

:td What's up with the carnival moving? Are they in another universe? :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
10-13-2009, 01:00 PM
:td What's up with the carnival moving? Are they in another universe? :rolleyes

I'm sure that will be explained later like the Claire/invisible black chick thing. And I miss Claude, he was cool.

JudynTX
10-13-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm sure that will be explained later like the Claire/invisible black chick thing. And I miss Claude, he was cool.

What did you think of the girl on girl action? :lol

I. Hustle
10-13-2009, 01:24 PM
I kind of always wanted to bone a deaf chick. I would yell all kinds of obscenities at her and call her derrogatory names. It seemed like so much fun.

fraga
10-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Its so obvious that claire'[s roomie is the one that made that girl kill herself

Was it now...

Trainwreck2100
10-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Was it now...

after the crapfest of the last 2 seasons i didn't expect a swerve.

Imposter
10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I agree 100%. I was hoping to be able to get into this show again but I found myself fast forwarding much of it last night. I think it's done for me.

this is pretty much where i'm at with it.

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2009, 04:27 AM
Its done for the winter break pretty good final episode, and Nathan's dead for good. I loled that Peter outsmarted Sylar again. All in all its been a decent season, better than the last 2.

MannyIsGod
12-02-2009, 05:33 AM
The last month or so has been surprisingly good.

TDMVPDPOY
12-02-2009, 08:17 AM
u guys still watch this shit?

JudynTX
12-02-2009, 03:06 PM
The last month or so has been surprisingly good.

Is Sylar still alive? I watched a few episodes. :sleep

RedsLakers24
12-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Dexter is better

greywheel
12-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Is Sylar still alive? I watched a few episodes. :sleep

Yes, Sylar is alive, he should be back to his old self with the next episode.

atxrocker
01-04-2010, 08:19 PM
I'll give this thing one more crack. Hope tonights episode is good and captures my interest.

Mister Sinister
01-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Damn, I'm surprised this thread's still alive. Any projections on what's going to happen now that Nathan is dead for real? Also, when are they going to settle into a consistent manifestation for Peter's power? Or is it ever-changing to keep the empathic mimicry from becoming broken as all get-out?