PDA

View Full Version : LMAO Astros ... what a joke

BRHornet45
08-31-2009, 01:58 AM
what a piss poor organization they have become over the last 3 years ... oh and they need to tear down that stupid ass hill in CF too. that is all sons god bless

MajorMike
08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
They always have plenty of young talent the end up trading away or letting leave cause they won't pay them but will pay the washed up vets huge money. Tejada? Is that your big recent aqusition? That panned out well, huh? Huff?? LaTroy Hawkins for crying out loud???

If your azz was smart it would trade Oswalt, Lee are Berk while they still have some worth, cause you ain't getting crap out of your farm. You know, the Pirates and Royals had some good years, too, then have turned into the MLB's farm clubs. Better watch out or the strobes are headed down that road.

Udokafan05
08-31-2009, 10:59 PM
They should have never traded Willy Taveras.

BRHornet45
09-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Drayton McLane isn't a "cheap" owner. At least he attempts to put a decent team on the field ... BUT ... the problem is (like mentioned above) is that they are paying big bucks for the wrong guys.

It is also a huge problem that a guy who is known around the league as one of the laziest (Lance Berkman) is considered to be your club house leader. Don't get me wrong because I like Berkman, but for an 11 year vet who is supposed to be your leader, he really sets a bad example. Every year he comes into spring training terribly overweight and because of that it takes him many months into the season to get his swing going. MLB needs player contracts like the NFL ... only guarantee a certain amount of money to the player, the rest has to be EARNED. I guarantee you if that were the case, fat guys like Berkman would be in better physical condition and would actually RUN (not trot) to first base.

EricB
09-01-2009, 08:36 PM
this offseason should've been an offseason where it was said "were going with the youngsters"

That being said, I want to know who BR Hornet's team is..