PDA

View Full Version : Pritchard: "Spain ...2nd best team in the world"

rapliketp
08-31-2009, 03:15 AM
95.5 The Game - Portland radio:
http://www.955thegame.com/Personalities/Wheels_At_Work/

http://www.blazersedge.com/2009/8/25/1002494/kp-on-95-5-this-afternoon-talking

Kevin Pritchard: "Spain is really the 2nd best team in the world...they're so deep at every position. Rudy hasn't played a lot, but you'll see him "ramp up" as they get closer to the championships. Claver has started some games, there was a game where he came out in the 2nd half and had 8 straight points...Victor's got a chance to become a really good pro, we're excited about his prospects...we're looking forward to seeing his growth this year...if he improves he can come in here pretty quick and help us."

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-31-2009, 03:27 AM
http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Olympics+Day+14+Basketball+2Cid1RqfkyUl.jpg

Yup!

23LeBronJames23
08-31-2009, 07:22 AM
USA would beat them on any given day!

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-31-2009, 07:30 AM

This is laughable. USA could beat them maybe 7 out of 10 times AT BEST.

23LeBronJames23
08-31-2009, 07:35 AM
This is laughable. USA could beat them maybe 7 out of 10 times AT BEST.

hell no 10 out of 10 least would be 9 of 10

urunobili
08-31-2009, 07:47 AM
:lol Prtichard needs to check the FIBA rankings more often... last time i checked Argentina is still the best ranked basketball team in the planet... followed by the US...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-31-2009, 08:26 AM
:lol Prtichard needs to check the FIBA rankings more often... last time i checked Argentina is still the best ranked basketball team in the planet... followed by the US...

You musta missed the olympics.

urunobili
08-31-2009, 08:31 AM
You musta missed the olympics.

FIBA rankings are made with performances not ONLY based on one tournament... Argentina is still number one on FIBA rankings...

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/rank/rankMen.asp

ploto
08-31-2009, 09:17 AM

Hence, why he said they are the second best team in the world.

ploto
08-31-2009, 09:23 AM
FIBA rankings are made with performances not ONLY based on one tournament... Argentina is still number one on FIBA rankings...

The ranking is calculated within the scope of a 2 Olympic Games cycle. Here are the number of competitions that are taken into account:

2 FIBA World Championships
2 Olympic Basketball Tournaments
2 FIBA U19 World Championships
2 FIBA U21 World Championships
5 FIBA Africa Championships
5 FIBA Americas Championships
5 FIBA Asia Championships
5 Eurobasket Championships
5 FIBA Oceania Championships

Whenever a new championship is played the oldest championship of that category drops out. The FIBA Ranking is then recalculated.

Also this:

Please note that the FIBA Ranking is mainly used for promotional purposes.

Obviously the rankings reflect little about the current make-up of a team and more about the success over a span of years.

DAF86
08-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Everybody at full strenght:

1-USA
2-Spain
3-Argentina

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-31-2009, 01:09 PM
Spain >>>>>> Argentina

sendman
08-31-2009, 01:21 PM

1-USA
2-Spain
3-Argentina
Sorry, but your time has passed. A few years ago Argentina was a formidable team. Now, there are a lot of names, but father Time is doing his job.

3. France

Then a cluster of teams (in no particular order) like Brazil, Lithuania, Greece, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Puerto Rico, Dominican republic, Argentina and even Russia when in full strength.

hater
08-31-2009, 01:24 PM
3. France

:lol

sendman
08-31-2009, 01:25 PM
:lol
Watch and learn.

hater
08-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Watch and learn.

win something first

urunobili
08-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Sorry, but your time has passed. A few years ago Argentina was a formidable team. Now, there are a lot of names, but father Time is doing his job.

3. France

Then a cluster of teams (in no particular order) like Brazil, Lithuania, Greece, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Puerto Rico, Dominican republic, Argentina and even Russia when in full strength.

:lmao i guess it was a joke ....

they'd be lucky to even crack the top 10...

Brazil > France

Darthkiller
08-31-2009, 03:50 PM

3. France

The France team that struggle to even qualify for euro tourny lol.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-31-2009, 04:38 PM

1-USA
2-Spain
3-Argentina

No.

Everyone at full strength Lithuania and Greece are better than Spain.

nkdlunch
08-31-2009, 04:43 PM
LOL Greece

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Spain >>>>>> Argentina

I disagree. He said "everybody at full strength". Argentina in this case is better than Spain.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-31-2009, 04:56 PM

You live 17 years in the past.

Hornets1
08-31-2009, 05:20 PM

Ummmm................. Did you watch the entire Gold Medal game? Spain pressed us till the end and we won b/c we played a very good game. I agree w/ KBP in that we would, if both healthy, win 7 out of the 10 games.

Kobayagi
08-31-2009, 05:23 PM
The France team that struggle to even qualify for euro tourny lol.

With a level of talent they have (it was said "at full strength, right?), I'd take France over Greece, Lithuania, Brazil, Argentina or any other team that is not Spain or USA.

They may have had hard time qualifying for this euro tournament but I wouldn't be surprised if they go all the way to the finals.

urunobili
08-31-2009, 05:31 PM
:lol Argentina killed SEVERAL times rosters at full strength better than theirs...

tomtom
08-31-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm sure no one but Blazers fans care but does anyone know Victor Clavers situation right now and if he'll coming over this season?

DAF86
08-31-2009, 06:46 PM

3. France

Sorry but until France does something, really anything (I'm not even saying winning a tournament) of note, I can't put them that high.

And another thing, how can Dominican Republic be better than (or equal to) Argentina when yesterday they couldn't even beat the "C" version of Argentina?

I think this alone proves that your reasoning isn't very good regarding this subject.

tlongII
08-31-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm sure no one but Blazers fans care but does anyone know Victor Clavers situation right now and if he'll coming over this season?

Claver won't be coming over until next season at the earliest.

tomtom
09-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Claver won't be coming over until next season at the earliest.

Thanks, what about Pendergraph or Mills?

Chieflion
09-01-2009, 01:10 AM
I have followed the Blazers a bit. Mills had a serious injury, doubt he could contribute anyway. Not sure about Pendergraph.

rapliketp
09-01-2009, 03:08 AM
3. France

On paper, France and Great Britain could put together, teams stacked with NBA talent. NBA talent being drafted, current, or former NBA players.

FRANCE
Parker, Beaubois
M.Pietrus, De Colo
Batum, Gelabale, Diawara
Diaw, F.Pietrus (Bobcats might sign him), Ajinca
Noah, Turiaf, Mahinmi, Petro

GREAT BRITAIN
Nash (has British passport)
Gordon, Azubuike (rejected twice, still trying to get passport), S.Banks (applying for passport)
Deng, Cunningham (applying for passport)
Pops, Archibald
Freeland, Betts

rapliketp
09-01-2009, 03:13 AM

Wasn't Pendergraph the 31st pick? He must be holding out for more money. He'll eventually get signed.

Mills will get signed too, likely to a non-guaranteed deal. If Mills enters the NBA season unsigned. No team outside of the NBA, will offer a rookie with a broken foot, a contract. He becomes a free agent.

sendman
09-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Sorry but until France does something, really anything (I'm not even saying winning a tournament) of note, I can't put them that high.

And another thing, how can Dominican Republic be better than (or equal to) Argentina when yesterday they couldn't even beat the "C" version of Argentina?

I think this alone proves that your reasoning isn't very good regarding this subject.
I agree with you about producing a result.
I made my choices based on the potential for next 2-3 years.
I see France and Dominican Republic as up and coming teams.

Maybe it would be better to do something like this (again, in no particular order):

Teams at their peek:
USA (they can always assemble a team that would be at their best)
Spain
Croatia
Slovenia
Brazil

Up and comming teams:
France
Dominican Republic
Serbia

Teams that are slowly fading away:
Lithuania
Argentina
Greece (can bounce back quickly, but depends if they will have the guts to cut old and useless)
Puerto Rico

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-01-2009, 03:49 AM
On paper, France and Great Britain could put together, teams stacked with NBA talent. NBA talent being drafted, current, or former NBA players.

FRANCE
Parker, Beaubois
M.Pietrus, De Colo
Batum, Gelabale, Diawara
Diaw, F.Pietrus (Bobcats might sign him), Ajinca
Noah, Turiaf, Mahinmi, Petro

GREAT BRITAIN
Nash (has British passport)
Gordon, Azubuike (rejected twice, still trying to get passport), S.Banks (applying for passport)
Deng, Cunningham (applying for passport)
Pops, Archibald
Freeland, Betts

They still are not as good as Lithuania, Greece, Spain AT FULL STRENGTH

It's funny how everyone here assume Lithuania and Greece send all their best players to these tournaments when they actually maybe send at most half of them.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-01-2009, 03:53 AM
I agree with you about producing a result.
I made my choices based on the potential for next 2-3 years.
I see France and Dominican Republic as up and coming teams.

Maybe it would be better to do something like this (again, in no particular order):

Teams at their peek:
USA (they can always assemble a team that would be at their best)
Spain
Croatia
Slovenia
Brazil

Up and comming teams:
France
Dominican Republic
Serbia

Teams that are slowly fading away:
Lithuania
Argentina
Greece (can bounce back quickly, but depends if they will have the guts to cut old and useless)
Puerto Rico

WTF how is Greece fading away? They have way more depth than Spain for instance.

sendman
09-01-2009, 05:07 AM
WTF how is Greece fading away? They have way more depth than Spain for instance.
This years team is weaker than last years team, last years team was weaker 2007 team, 2007 team was weaker than 2006 team...is that a trend or what.

You are not exactly the sharpest knife in a drawer, huh?

eisfeld
09-01-2009, 05:37 AM
This years team is weaker than last years team, last years team was weaker 2007 team, 2007 team was weaker than 2006 team...is that a trend or what.

Don't forget they have V-Span... he will manhandle all the other teams by himself.

Kill_Bill_Pana
09-01-2009, 05:45 AM

You are a dumb ass.