PDA

View Full Version : Brent Barry. Where's the love?

TheWriter
04-11-2005, 12:15 AM
That man was solid tonight. From his passing to his clutch three point play.

He was a big reason why we won this game.

GoSpurs21
04-11-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm glad Barry played better tonight than last night but 5-13 is really not solid

TheWriter
04-11-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm glad Barry played better tonight than last night but 5-13 is really not solid

Look beyond that. He had 5 asts as well.

Without Barry, no overtime. Without Barry, no win.

He was solid.

ChumpDumper
04-11-2005, 12:21 AM
Barry did fine. He shot about as well as he usually does on the road and he's nails from the line..

Rummpd
04-11-2005, 12:22 AM
How about Bowen he did alright too! Heck they all did!

TheWriter
04-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Bowen was great on O but he was getting killed by baron Davis in the OT's.

whottt
04-11-2005, 12:24 AM
Barry did fine. He shot about as well as he usually does on the road and he's nails from the line..

Fuck you Chump

boutons
04-11-2005, 12:24 AM
I wish Brent would drive more. His driving tonight was excellent. Drawing fouls, 3 pt plays, and 3 Warriors fouled out.

ChumpDumper
04-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Truth hurts.

whottt
04-11-2005, 12:25 AM

Your appearance is expected in this thread...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13361

whottt
04-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Truth hurts.

The truth is that if Manu plays tonight Barry has a 1-5 just like last night....

ChumpDumper
04-11-2005, 12:27 AM
The truth is that if Manu plays tonight Barry has a 1-5 just like last night....Ok, that would hurt you too.

whottt
04-11-2005, 12:35 AM
No, it wouldn't...it would prove my point about how much better he is playing in the clutch, and how getting those opportunities would improve his stats...opportunities he usually doesn't get on the raod unless someone is injured.....he didn't shoot 20% from 3 tonight did he? And his shot wasn't falling tonight...

Just STFU judger on 5 shots...

ChumpDumper
04-11-2005, 12:39 AM
he didn't shoot 20% from 3 tonight did he?28%.
Just STFU judger on 5 shots.215.

Now 228.

whottt
04-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Yeah? And that's not 20% is it now?

Apology accepted...kind of.

ChumpDumper
04-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Nothing to apologize for -- it's still less than even his overall road average. I guess you'll want to round that up -- ok, it's the same as his overall road average -- which is all I said in the first place before you wet your pants again.

whottt
04-11-2005, 01:06 AM
Just say you're wrong...it takes fewer words and fits your grunting style better...

ChumpDumper
04-11-2005, 01:12 AM
Just say you're wrong.Wrong about Barry shooting tonight about what he usually does on the road?

I'm quite right about that.

thispego
04-11-2005, 01:47 AM
Bowen was great on O but he was getting killed by baron Davis in the OT's.
Bowen got killed by livingston last night it the OT's too, wtf?

Experiment2100
04-11-2005, 02:08 AM
Dear Brent, please don't pull a Hedo in the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 02:20 AM
Bowen got killed by livingston last night it the OT's too, wtf?

Bowen's primary assignment was Maggette last night and Richardson tonight (both of which he did a good job on). You can't just switch Bowen onto the point guards (i.e. Livingston and Davis) so late in the game when they are already hot and expect him to do as well. He studies for his primary assignment; he did even have a clue what to do on Livingston yesterday. This is one mistake that Pop made these last two nights. Tony has progressed defensively to the point where you have to trust Tony to stay on the PG's and just let Bowen keep mastering the guy who he starts out on. Tony's not a frail 19 year old any more, he likes the defensive challenges now. So,even late in games, just keep Bowen on the best perimeter guy and let Tony do what he can against the PG's.

Phenomanul
04-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Chump and Whottt are killin me....

Can't we all just get along.

When the Spurs win their championship this year, you all need to take a picture together... just for the group, and put past differences aside.

sa_butta
04-11-2005, 08:23 AM
OK he did well but he is still not consistent.
And I still get a little nervous when he launches
a 3 ball, I hope he is gaining his confidence back
in his shooting.

kskonn
04-11-2005, 09:54 AM
OK he did well but he is still not consistent.
And I still get a little nervous when he launches
a 3 ball, I hope he is gaining his confidence back
in his shooting.

Yea the other team also gets nervouse when he launches a three ball. Man this guy was clutch and all anyone can say is, oh his three ball didn't fall, or he shot 5-13. The point is he was clutch when we needed him to be. That is what we need in the playoffs.

wildbill2u
04-11-2005, 10:07 AM

I couldn't see the game, but I'm betting that some of his FTs were because he got fouled on the shot and missed because of it, thereby reducing his FG%. But he is a good FT shooter so we usually get the points plus put the opponent in foul trouble. That's a statistic or factoid that sometimes gets overlooked.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm betting that some of his FTs were because he got fouled on the shot and missed because of it, thereby reducing his FG%.

If you get fouled while shooting, your shot attempt doesn't count, so it doesn't affect your FG%.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Bowen's primary assignment was Maggette last night and Richardson tonight (both of which he did a good job on). You can't just switch Bowen onto the point guards (i.e. Livingston and Davis) so late in the game when they are already hot and expect him to do as well. He studies for his primary assignment; he did even have a clue what to do on Livingston yesterday. This is one mistake that Pop made these last two nights. Tony has progressed defensively to the point where you have to trust Tony to stay on the PG's and just let Bowen keep mastering the guy who he starts out on. Tony's not a frail 19 year old any more, he likes the defensive challenges now. So,even late in games, just keep Bowen on the best perimeter guy and let Tony do what he can against the PG's.

excellent point Kori, something i have come to realize. Part of me does want Bowen on those guys in late game situations, but the other part realizes that it just doesnt work that way. I remember in games when Pop has Bowen on another player from the start (Cassell in last season) he does a decent job. But it never does really pay off when he switches for like a couple possessions at the end of games.

Plus Parker is the chosen son of San Antonio. He needs to believe in his capabilities and take over games on both ends.

SequSpur
04-11-2005, 06:25 PM
You all ever try smokin Crack?