PDA

View Full Version : UT vs ULM

ATRAIN
08-31-2009, 11:47 AM
I FUCKING hate the first game PPV bullshit!!

stretch
08-31-2009, 11:48 AM
its called the internet

ATRAIN
08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
its called the internet

Yeah I know Justin.tv wont dissapoint but I they do this shit every year and it gets old. I might try to get to pluckers early or head out with the Texas tailgaters.

robino2001
08-31-2009, 12:45 PM
just get your ass in the seats... scalpers will be selling for horribly low within the hour before the game... all games this year will be that way except for Tech

Whisky Dog
08-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Justintv shows the game streaming live?

DMX7
08-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Justintv shows the game streaming live?

I don't use it but they pretty much show everything.

J.T.
08-31-2009, 01:44 PM
ATRAIN breh let's watch that shit at the bar

ATRAIN
08-31-2009, 01:50 PM

Yeah man I was thinking either Pluckers or Thirdbase. Speaking of plukers in hear the one in SM is the bomb diggity.

pkbpkb81
08-31-2009, 06:24 PM
what time is that game? If it is early in the day i may go somewhere and watch it too.

pkbpkb81
08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
oh and if ut dosent want it to be a ppv game stop playing ulm

mookie2001
08-31-2009, 06:54 PM
^ut? what do you mean the president, athletic director and board of regents?

they need to stop their bitching

is the idaho state game on tv?

TFloss32
09-01-2009, 05:17 PM
oh and if ut dosent want it to be a ppv game stop playing ulm

Says the OU fan whose team plays Idaho St a week later on PPV. :bang

pkbpkb81
09-01-2009, 06:05 PM
True but OU is also playing BYU, Tulsa, and at Miami

Tulsa and BYU were both ranked most of last year

and Miami has a good shot at winning the acc this year

Plus most years’ ut plays a shit non-conference schedule.

Last year the only reason OU jumped the longhorns is the crap out of conference

schedule they played.

Spursfan092120
09-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Yo..JT...did you/do you go to Texas State?

mookie2001
09-01-2009, 08:27 PM
yes most years most powerhouse teams play a shit nc schedule

texas has as series scheduled with ucla and ole miss, and recently played ohio state and arkansas who still owes us a game

in talks with cal for like 2014

chrisattsu
09-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Yeah man I was thinking either Pluckers or Thirdbase. Speaking of plukers in hear the one in SM is the bomb diggity.

I would definitely go to Pluckers if I was going to watch a game in SM. They have tons of TVs in the big dining area, bar area, and outdoors. The Outdoor section has a stage for live music and a giant screen that comes down for the big game.

I have been to four different Pluckers, The Original on 22nd/Rio Grande, the one on Research, Killeen, and San Marcos. San Marcos has them beat, namely because of the space, number of TVs, and live music.

TFloss32
09-02-2009, 09:41 AM

schedule they played.

1.) BYU proved to be a big flop last year when they actually played a competitive game. They may give y'all some comp for a little while... considering it's the first game of the year.

2.) Tulsa is the equivalent of Texas playing Rice. They're just a "little brother" team to beat up on every year in order to fill your schedule.

3.) Miami is not good, but probably your most formidable non-conference opponent. They ARE NOT going to win the ACC. They're probably the fourth or fifth best team behind Florida St., VA Tech, Georgia Tech and Clemson.

4.) Strength of schedule has been equally shitty for both teams in the past couple of years, excluding the two years that UT had the balls to schedule a home-and-home with Ohio State.

5.) OU did not get into the title game because of strength of schedule, let's get that straight. They got in because they played their toughest games at the end of the season and Texas played their horrendous stretch in the middle and lost late. OU also ran up the score on teams after they lost to Texas (especially against Texas Tech and OK St.) knowing this was the only way to jump Texas (if Texas ended up losing, which they did) in the end and get the computers to go their way. Nobody can blame Bob Stoops for doing that though because he's just taking advantage of a flawed BCS system. How points scored, or strength of schedule, is a better indicator than a head-to-head is beyond me....but it is what it is. And I'm talking about when there's a situation like last year and two teams are equally talented like Texas and OU.

6.) If I was a voter last year, Texas would have been the clear choice because they beat Oklahoma on a neutral field and because OU does not perform in BCS games. BCS Records= OU 0-5, Texas 3-0 (w/ a national title)

pkbpkb81
09-02-2009, 01:57 PM
so the fact that OU played and beat a good tcu team and killed the big east champ last year had nothing to do with jumping ut.

lebomb
09-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Ut 45
ulm 14

Brutalis
09-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I FUCKING hate the first game PPV bullshit!!

No kidding our first game is the same deal. At least the rest are all on national tv though! :king

TFloss32
09-03-2009, 10:03 AM
so the fact that OU played and beat a good tcu team and killed the big east champ last year had nothing to do with jumping ut.

No. OU got to the title game because of points scored and the human aspect (voters) of the BCS system. These are members of the media, coaches, etc. who think that hanging 60 points five times in a row somehow justifies their loss to Texas. Also, Texas screwed up by losing late in the season. The BCS is a "what have you done for me lately?" system and rewards those who play well late.

TCU played two relevant games last season and lost both to Utah and OU. If they're so good, how does a 10-2 team not get a better bid than the Poinsettia Bowl? There's a reason for that.

Cincinnati played in, easily, the worst BCS conference in the nation and possibly the worst BCS conference to date. They got destroyed by UConn 40-16, a team that had a hard time beating Baylor. Yes...Baylor lost to UConn by three, 41-38. Cincy would be a bottom feeder in the Big 12. The Big East is so bad, in fact, that the Orange Bowl is considering pulling their automatic bid because they have a hard time drawing interest in that game every year.

All in all, TCU and Cincy did not put OU in the title game.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-05-2009, 12:36 AM
UH OHHHHHHH

can the interwebs win again?

THEINTERNETISASERIESOFTUBES.COM (http://venividivun.com/watch-louisiana-monroe-warhawks-at-texas-longhorns-live-stream-online-free-sep-5-2009/)

Horry For 3!
09-05-2009, 01:09 AM

I've been to Pluckers in SM since I live here. It is not too bad. I always go to Bikini's though.

mookie2001
09-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Longhorns senior defensive back Deon Beasley, junior wide receiver Brandon Collins and sophomore defensive back Christian Scott are not eligible to participate in today¹s home opener with ULM due to unresolved NCAA academic eligibility issues. All three are enrolled in classes and in good academic standing at UT. They will be permitted to practice with the team but won¹t be eligible to play in a game until the eligibility issues are resolved. Beasley has played in 33 career games, starting 11, and posted 84 tackles, 16 pass breakups and three interceptions. Collins has played in 19 career games, starting three, and caught 35 passes for 430 yards and three TDs. Scott played in all 13 games as a redshirt freshman last season, posting 15 tackles, three PBU, a caused fumble and one recovered fumble.

dam tyson

mookie2001
09-05-2009, 06:23 PM
sam acho sack and fum recovery cody johnson 1 yd touchdown

mookie2001
09-05-2009, 06:28 PM
cody johnson another 1 yd touchdown run

Creation88
09-05-2009, 06:49 PM
link?

mookie2001
09-05-2009, 07:03 PM
im just listening to it
couldnt find the ppv online, woai and kvet arent streaming it but you can LISTEN HERE (http://www.k-104.com/livepop.php)

mookie2001
09-05-2009, 07:06 PM
jesus 80 yard monroe touchdown

mookie2001
09-05-2009, 07:11 PM
true freshman dj monroe just returned the kickoff for a TD

these monroe announcers have gotten at least 70% of the players names wrong, even on their own team

j-6
09-05-2009, 07:22 PM
im just listening to it
couldnt find the ppv online, woai and kvet arent streaming it but you can LISTEN HERE (http://www.k-104.com/livepop.php)

http://player.play.it/player/player.html?v=4.5.23&id=63&onestat=kilt-am

Longhorn Radio Network audio stream

Whisky Dog
09-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Damn I wish I could watch this instead of listening on Houston's AM 610 on AOL Radio. From what Craig Way was saying DJ Monroe is one fast mofo would be nice to see it.

samikeyp
09-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Damn I wish I could watch this instead of listening on Houston's AM 610 on AOL Radio. From what Craig Way was saying DJ Monroe is one fast mofo would be nice to see it.

I saw the highlight on ESPN...kid can fly.

mookie2001
09-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Vondrell fuck you scrub

Whisky Dog
09-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Fuck, bench McGee for the night that bitch keeps dropping the ball.

Whisky Dog
09-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Sam Acho 2 fumble recoveries, Vondrell 2 fumbles.

samikeyp
09-05-2009, 09:48 PM
fuck, bench mcgee for the night that bitch keeps dropping the ball.

+1

J.T.
09-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Overall the Horns defense was pretty impressive. That was the real question mark for me since the offense was expected to return with the same stats as last year. Seemed like any time the offense wasn't clicking or McGee was out there losing fumbles, the D came back in and got the ball back. I'm surprised ULM still got the TD on that one play where they hit the QB as he was throwing, that was a lucky play for them. McCoy looked good, think he finished with 70% completions when Mack pulled him out.

Good for the first game, hope they keep it going :tu

chode_regulator
09-06-2009, 02:18 AM

:lmao

and

:lmao at bradford pussy ass

DMX7
09-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Is this game archived on the internet somewhere?

The Reckoning
09-06-2009, 05:13 PM
game was badass and was played very clean for the most part.

i wasnt too impressed by the deep pass coverage and penalties, though. tech game in a couple of weeks...cant wait to tailgate and stumble into the stands for that one.

elbamba
09-07-2009, 06:35 PM
UT gave up 20 points. I am not liking this one bit. Even if it is against a scrub team, this is the time to hold people scoreless to prep for the better offenses.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2009, 07:05 PM
it was monroe...wgaf. t.u. is #2, supposedly, and this game means jack. they aren't breaking in a new QB, they aren't trying to turn their program around...they are good, and louisiana monroe sucks something awful.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2009, 07:06 PM

schedule they played.

t.u. typically, not always, plays a shitty OOC schedule...i agree. you know who plays tough OOC games nearly always?

pkbpkb81
09-08-2009, 02:07 PM
:lmao

and

:lmao at bradford pussy ass

you still feel like miami wont be in the hunt for the acc tilte dumbass

TFloss32
09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Granted it's waaaaay too early to make a solid prediction, I'll be the first to admit I severely underrated that Miami team. I still think Georgia Tech and Va Tech are better, but Miami is definitely the dark horse in that conference this year. As of right now, I would take Jacory Harris over Terrelle Pryor. Very impressed with his calm nature in the pocket as he led his team to a late score for the W.

I can see OU losing to them in two weeks, especially if Bradford isn't playing. Crazy to think OU could have 3 losses by mid October.

Holmes_Fans
09-11-2009, 08:48 AM
you know who plays tough OOC games nearly always?

Not a&m and not USC.