PDA

View Full Version : Is SA Sports Talk Stale?

SpursSecurity
09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
I know I know, SA Sports talk sucks, save it we already know the haters will be leaching onto this topic with their SA Sports talk sucks.

On a serious note, from my experience from the Windy City sports radio, they keep things fresh with more phone calls and really getting the listeners involved.

Why don't they do that here? How do they make it better?

How do we make the stations stronger?

Just want to know, because I'm getting tired of the non-sports topic in the afternoon on The Ticket and for some reason ESPN always sounds like they are under water.

Nbadan
09-01-2009, 07:09 PM
...local radio needs to team up with a site like Spurs-talk to make radio more instantaneously interactive....a lot of people have takes, some even good ones, but radio handles a microcosm of those takes cause all the blowhards have fallen in love with the sound of their own voices......

SpursSecurity
09-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Nbadan,

Totally agree with you on that. I'm pretty surprised as a matter of fact that, that doesn't happen. I would think hosts would want to be more interactive with the people that listen to them.

Maybe it's me, but the more you act like one of your listeners, the more enjoyable it is to listen to them.

gatoloco
09-02-2009, 09:30 AM
what do you mean by underwater?

are they still at rio rio or have they finally returned to studio? shit, the cowboys left town, what, two weeks ago?

and the zone is all about facebook...

rjv
09-02-2009, 09:36 AM
taylor talks about bits and d-bags everyday.

coach a ramble off SAT words and throws in political innuendos whenever he gets the chance.

everett confesses his daily wet dreams about tiger woods.

burns hates on the cowboys, talks about cougars and generally demonstrates a shallow understanding of all sports.

and then there is duel and that other middle aged teenager who spend most of the afternoon drooling about the local female media personalities.

that all adds up to pretty damn stale and pathetic.

the only tolerable ones are the 2 guys on the grind.

AlamoSpursFan
09-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Track Smack with Dawn Murphy, Saturday's 9 - 11 a, Ticket 760

Dawn gives good radio!

Taco
09-02-2009, 10:40 AM
taylor talks about bits and d-bags everyday.

coach a ramble off SAT words and throws in political innuendos whenever he gets the chance.

everett confesses his daily wet dreams about tiger woods.

burns hates on the cowboys, talks about cougars and generally demonstrates a shallow understanding of all sports.

and then there is duel and that other middle aged teenager who spend most of the afternoon drooling about the local female media personalities.

that all adds up to pretty damn stale and pathetic.

:lol THAT ABOUT SUM'S IT UP

howardcopy
09-02-2009, 11:11 AM

Are you kidding me? I'd rather be kicking in the balls repeatedly by a mule than listen to those guys. Have the time they forget what topic they're on and the other time they try and figure out what stats they are going to use.

Those guys SUCK and they should have to pay us to listen instead of them paying the Ticket to get on.

howardcopy
09-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Track Smack with Dawn Murphy, Saturday's 9 - 11 a, Ticket 760

Dawn gives good radio!

To bad it's one hour to much. I could handle her for an hour, but two? I'd rather ram my car into the wall.

WARRIORNATION
09-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Local sports talk radio needs more national sports news/stories to talk about. They have to talk about what the big headlines are nationally. The local stuff is stale, you can talk about the Spurs for only so long--especially in the off season.

As for having San Antonians call-in, have you heard some of the local folks on the radio? A lot of San Antonians are MORONS!!! lol

Hooters Girl
09-02-2009, 04:58 PM
How does someone from California know about our callers?

WARRIORNATION
09-02-2009, 05:21 PM
how does someone from california know about our callers?

i live in sa now. Do you really work at hooters or do you just like their wings?

Hooters Girl
09-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I do work at hooters and wings have noting on my breast!

Big Sig Bob
09-02-2009, 06:45 PM
As for having San Antonians call-in, have you heard some of the local folks on the radio? A lot of San Antonians are MORONS!!! lol

How about you tells us what day your calling in so we can hear a pro in action?

PakiDan
09-02-2009, 07:42 PM
If I have to hear Chris Duel say Buffalo Wild Wings one more time!!!!!.........

rjv
09-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Are you kidding me? I'd rather be kicking in the balls repeatedly by a mule than listen to those guys. Have the time they forget what topic they're on and the other time they try and figure out what stats they are going to use.

Those guys SUCK and they should have to pay us to listen instead of them paying the Ticket to get on.

they are rather high school with their production but at least they make no effort to be comedians or the next jim rome. but point taken regarding the quality.

WARRIORNATION
09-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I do work at hooters and wings have noting on my breast!

No offense, but I like the wings. :p: Which location do you work at? Don't say the Fred. Road location...