PDA

View Full Version : Mir talks Joe Rogan, Fedor, Lesnar, Courture.

angelbelow
09-01-2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch/frank-mir-says-fedor-should-retire-go-home-and-disappear/be5e94ba3c3510b8e793ea4adf6b78

I'm not sure how to embed it but pretty interesting interview. There are parts I didn't like and parts that I thought he was right. What do you guys think?

LEONARD
09-02-2009, 08:21 AM
I think Mir is annoying philosophical these days...and vastly over-rated after the fluky kneebar on Lesnar and beating up a sickly Nog...he knows it...but he's gonna milk it for a while. Nog will beat him in a rematch...and if he fights Kongo he'll get KO'd. Eventually he'll be back to having tough fights with the Vera's and Cruz's of the world...

He's just walking the company line by talking shit about Fedor. If you go back a year or 2 to past interviews he's said that Fedor is the man. Mir wants nothing to do with Fedor in the ring IMO.

polandprzem
09-02-2009, 08:42 AM
I think Mir is annoying philosophical these days...and vastly over-rated after the fluky kneebar on Lesnar and beating up a sickly Nog...he knows it...but he's gonna milk it for a while. Nog will beat him in a rematch...and if he fights Kongo he'll get KO'd. Eventually he'll be back to having tough fights with the Vera's and Cruz's of the world...

He's just walking the company line by talking shit about Fedor. If you go back a year or 2 to past interviews he's said that Fedor is the man. Mir wants nothing to do with Fedor in the ring IMO.

Pretty much agreeing with you on that one.
He gets so cocky to build up his confidence and mma position, still after the loss to Brock he said he was not that good and needs to work even more.
So from one cost to another.

CubanSucks
09-02-2009, 05:50 PM
As someone who was rooting for him over Lesnar, I love the fact that he knows he needs to get stronger. During the UFC 100 countdown he pretty much made fun of the idea of weight training. I don't think he's as overrated as everyone says and if he could have just gotten out of that "big brother/bully" type headlock that Lesnar had him in while he beat his face in, what was stopping Mir from beating Lesnar?

dbreiden83080
09-02-2009, 08:29 PM
what was stopping Mir from beating Lesnar?

A lot...

CubanSucks
09-03-2009, 01:46 AM
A lot...

No, just strength.

dbreiden83080
09-03-2009, 11:06 AM
No, just strength.

Mir could lift weights till his arms explode he'll never be as strong as Brock. He's a freak athlete, for his size. The guy ran a 40 time and had bench press results that rivaled that of number 1 draft picks, when he tried out for the Minnesota Vikings.. And in terms of skill what does Mir have on Brock other than JJ? Bearing in mind he was not close to a sub last time.. I don't dislike Mir but the reality is this, he has basically spent 10 min total in the cage with Brock and has gotten the hell beat out of him for about 9:30 of those 10.