PDA

View Full Version : Golf question re. collars

Solid D
04-11-2005, 08:02 AM
I noticed Tiger Woods was wearing his usual red yesterday in the final round, but with a no-collar shirt. I didn't really watch much of the Masters broadcast but I was surprised to see the no-collar look, since the Masters - of all places - is so steeped in tradition and elegance. I don't spend much time on the links but I do know that there are quite a few courses out there with a rule for golfers to wear shirts with a collar.

Was this a statement by Tiger beyond Nike fashion?

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Probably not, I'm guessing it was more of a statement towards the new Nike gear he was wearing (I think it's called TRUFit or something similar).

It looks to be the same stuff that you see Pujols, Tomlinson, Hunter, Rivera and Urlacher wearing in the commercials.

KEDA
04-11-2005, 08:34 AM
Dri Fit

and from those sweat circles under his armpits, looks like he needed it!

PeterBurns
04-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Yes, as long as it's a nice no collar shit.
Very interesting. But it allowed.

Solid D
04-11-2005, 09:49 AM
http://www.masters.org/images/pics/large/b_10_greenjacket.jpg

I like the fact that no-collar shirts are allowed, I just thought it interesting having seen rules posted in clubhouses for years to the contrary.

The collar is probably a 1/2" wider than a standard "T".

I guess for me, it would probably be a "T" shirt, but for Tiger - it's all about the "Mock". :hat

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Just FYI, Nike actually makes DriFit polo shirts -- so he could have worn a collared shirt and still wore the DriFit.

IX_Equilibrium
04-11-2005, 10:08 AM
golf sucks

MannyIsGod
04-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Golf is awesome, I can just no longer afford to play very often.

MI21
04-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Dri Fit sucks.

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 10:54 AM
He has been wearing that shirt for over a year now.

It is sold in all the pro shops so must be allowed nowadays.

GoldToe
04-11-2005, 11:22 AM
He has been wearing that shirt for over a year now.

It is sold in all the pro shops so must be allowed nowadays.

You'd think with all the jack he makes he'd buy himself another one.

Solid D
04-11-2005, 11:31 AM
You'd think with all the jack he makes he'd buy himself another one.

He GoldToe, when are you going to the low cut?

SequSpur
04-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Mock shirts are allowed now. Have been for a few years. Collared shirts are gay.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Mock shirts are allowed now. Have been for a few years. Collared shirts are gay.

There are still a couple of courses that didn't allow them just a couple of years ago.

Solid D
04-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Collared shirts are gay.

Maybe word will get around to the rest of the world, one of these days.

T Park
04-11-2005, 11:28 PM
It was started a few years back, hell when Duval wasnt a headcase, he was with Mossimo, and all he wore was mock turtlenecks, then Nike came along with some.

It raised a big question at the time whether it followed the rules of the PGA Tour of needing a collar, but I think they adapted, saying that only a nice, professional looking mock would be allowed.

It looks cool, I like the look, it throws in a little variety in it....

But yeah, interesting choice of shirt on the sunday.

If you like anything you saw from tiger, you can buy the shirts at

TGW.com.

I dont buy EVERY Tiger Nike shirt, but i have a couple shirts, of his, and one of his black mock turtlenecks, and they are the best shirts I've ever owned in my life.

T Park
04-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Collared shirts are gay

Really.

Thats a new one.