PDA

View Full Version : something most of us fantasize about when shopping...

phyzik
09-02-2009, 02:01 PM
....but most of us also have the common sense to keep the thought in our heads and not act upon it.

Apparently this 61yr old dumb ass never got that lesson in life.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/20684677/detail.html

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. -- A Wal-Mart shopper who became so angry about a crying child that he allegedly slapped the girl in the face appeared in court Wednesday.

Investigators said the incident happened Monday at the Stone Mountain store on Rockbridge Road.

A police report said the man, Roger Stephens, 61, of Stone Mountain, had warned the child’s mother, Sonya Mathews, that if she didn’t quiet down the child, he would do it for her.

According to the report, after the mother failed to quiet the girl, Stephens came up to them and slapped the child several times in the face.

The report then quotes Stephens as saying, “See, I told you I would shut her up.”

Mathews then screamed at Stephens and called for security, the report said. Stephens was stopped by another shopper, according to the report.

The girl, identified in the report as Paige Mathews, 2, was not injured, but did suffer some redness in the face. She was treated at the scene and released, the report said.

Stephens was charged with cruelty with children in the first degree, which is a felony. He is being held in the Gwinnett County Detention Center without bond.

eyeh8u
09-02-2009, 02:05 PM
hey they both were probably wearing diapers, so its a fair fight.

tp2021
09-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Ha ha ha ha. I shall live vicariously through him. At least she "was not injured."

phyzik
09-02-2009, 02:10 PM
he looks like a mean ass bastard too :lol

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/2009/0902/20684678_640X480.jpg

tp2021
09-02-2009, 02:14 PM
R. Lee Ermey on yo ass

PM5K
09-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Slapping kids doesn't STOP them from crying, it makes them cry MORE...

CosmicCowboy
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
I was checking out at HEB last weekend and a tatted up couple in front of me had one that age...she was literally throwing a screaming, hyperventilating, leg kicking, fist pounding tantrum right at my feet while they both talked on their phones and ignored her...I could smell the shit in her diaper from 6' away...I sure wanted to bitch slap THEM.

TDMVPDPOY
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
stephen...is that short for stephanie? hahahhaa

Johnson
09-02-2009, 03:27 PM
felony?! that's BS

manufan10
09-02-2009, 03:31 PM
:lmao

That's gold right there. I can't stand parents who let their kids throw tantrums in the store. It's irritating.

Hornets1
09-02-2009, 03:40 PM
This reminds me of the "Devils hands are idle play things"(i think) of futurama. Bender asks the lady whose son is playing the holophoner quite well "So, how hard did you say you had to him." and she responds "Fairly(or quite) hard"!:rollin

mrsmaalox
09-02-2009, 03:48 PM
When I see/hear someone's kid having a tantrum in public, I usually just chuckle to myself and thank the Lord I survived those years with my own kids :lol

Fpoonsie
09-02-2009, 03:52 PM
...doin the chick behind the counter?

Oooooh. Slappin a toddler. Yeah, I guess that's kinda hot, too.

760Spursfan
09-02-2009, 04:20 PM

That's gold right there. I can't stand parents who let their kids throw tantrums in the store. It's irritating.

+1

Glad someone did it...he should have slapped the momma too. :lmao

ploto
09-02-2009, 05:35 PM
When I see/hear someone's kid having a tantrum in public, I usually just chuckle to myself and thank the Lord I survived those years with my own kids :lol

:toast

eyeh8u
09-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Obviously none of you nimwits have children. You don't slap someones two year old in the face.

wtf is a nimwit? it is nitwit. Obviously you are a product of the LAUSD

tlongII
09-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I usually fantasize about this...

http://macedoniaonline.eu/images/jessica_alba.jpg

Strike
09-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Just another reason why I'm glad I don't have kids.

eyeh8u
09-02-2009, 09:27 PM
nimwit is a portmanteau word formed by the combination of nitwit and dimwit

the old man should have bitch slapped the bitch mom instead of the kid

its not a word, making up a fake reason why it is a word still doesn't make it a word, its not like math, the parts of the sum dont equal the whole. there are socially accepted portmanteau words, and then there is stupid fucking bullshit, the term nimwit falls in the latter category.

IceColdBrewski
09-02-2009, 10:42 PM
It's easy to spot the people in this thread who don't have kids. There's a reason they call it "the terrible two's" when they get that age. They get tired and cranky at the drop of a hat. When it happens, it's not like you can drop the weekly grocery shopping just because junior decided that he's had enough. I guess you can try smacking him around some, but then you run the risk of some do-gooder reporting you for child abuse. Then it's YOUR ass going to jail.

He is being held in the Gwinnett County Detention Center without bond.

If he hasn't gotten his ass kicked already, he definitely knows it's coming.

Stringer_Bell
09-03-2009, 01:07 AM
That kid was a nimwit with all that crying. What the hell is it crying for other than attention? I'd also like to know where in the store this took place. Something tells me it was around the pharmacy area, perhaps near the laxatives or prophylactics. It's poetic.

eyeh8u
09-03-2009, 12:50 PM
You have to be at a really low point in your life to come on here and try and check me in slang talk. What a turd, but since you asked..

nimwit: A slackjawed moron who self righteously complains and whines about "difficult" things.

You could have googled it, but instead, you chose to fall right in that category.^

urbandictionary.com is not a real source of information, the main reason it isn't is because of intellectually inferior people, like yourself, are able to submit words.

next time you try to look like someone who passed the GED exam, cite your sources, if your sources come from urbandictionary.com and miss perterson's 5th grade class web page, then you statements are invalid because your sources are invalid.

also USING BOLD TYPE DOESN'T MAKE YOUR POINT VALID EITHER

instead of taking my advice and learning from it, you got all pissy and tried to validate a false statement

Strike
09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
It's easy to spot the people in this thread who don't have kids. There's a reason they call it "the terrible two's" when they get that age. They get tired and cranky at the drop of a hat. When it happens, it's not like you can drop the weekly grocery shopping just because junior decided that he's had enough. I guess you can try smacking him around some, but then you run the risk of some do-gooder reporting you for child abuse. Then it's YOUR ass going to jail.

If he hasn't gotten his ass kicked already, he definitely knows it's coming.

My parents eliminated that issue with me when I was that age: When Mom went shopping, Dad watched me at home.

And when I got a little older and my mom thought I was enough of a big boy to go the store with her, I pulled that cranky whiny tantrum shit once. You know what happened? Little Strike got left home when mom went to the store until his next birthday. I never did it again. You know why? I learned at that early age that mom don't tolerate little Strike being a bad boy at the store. And if I did, not only would I get punished in the store, I'd get punished again by Dad when we got home.

And I'll say it again: Just another reason why I'm glad I don't have kids.

Bigzax
09-03-2009, 03:27 PM
ridiculous...that old bastard needs to start toking when he gets out of jail.

King
09-03-2009, 03:31 PM

Hah..."Let" their kids have them.

Spoken as somebody who has no kids and zero experience with them. If you have a way of getting a kid to quit a tantrum, I'm sure the world would love to know.

ploto
09-03-2009, 03:33 PM
My parents eliminated that issue with me when I was that age: When Mom went shopping, Dad watched me at home.

Not everyone has that luxury.

Cry Havoc
09-03-2009, 03:56 PM
If a two year old is bawling continuously in a store, the parent usually deserves to be slapped, not the child.

If I see it happening I can always grab what I need in the store and go the other way. It bothers me much less in a store than in a restaurant where I'm stuck eating in a certain spot.

Either way, kids are going to be kids at times. That's why they haven't learned proper behavior in public -- they're freaking two years old.

Mel_13
09-03-2009, 04:30 PM
If a two year old is bawling continuously in a store, the parent usually deserves to be slapped, not the child.

If I see it happening I can always grab what I need in the store and go the other way. It bothers me much less in a store than in a restaurant where I'm stuck eating in a certain spot.

Either way, kids are going to be kids at times. That's why they haven't learned proper behavior in public -- they're freaking two years old.

I'm pretty tolerant of this kind of behavior in stores and in fast food restaurants. People have to shop and I don't think you can expect too much atmosphere at Burger King.

Screaming kids in theaters and restaurants with wait service cross the line. If you are not confident that your kid can behave in such places, don't go until they are old enough to quietly make it through a meal or a movie. I know I ate plenty of leftover Happy Meals while my kids were playing and the only movies I went to with the kids were Disney or similar where the audience was filled with kids.

manufan10
09-03-2009, 04:34 PM

Spoken as somebody who has no kids and zero experience with them. If you have a way of getting a kid to quit a tantrum, I'm sure the world would love to know.

Funny how my kids never behave like that in public.

phyzik
09-03-2009, 04:34 PM

I do it all the time. The people currently living with me have a 2 year old named Ashton. He throws tantrums daily with them. Not when Im there to step in. I have had to spank the kid only once and thats all it took. He even starts to think about having a tantrum I get my mean look on and ask him in my angry voice if he wants his butt to be spanked. He says no and quiets down. End of story.

Im still waiting for him to test me again, I will spank him again. BTW his parents gave me permission and no Im not wailing like a mad man using full strength or anything. Despite not having kids of my own I DO know how to handle them.

For those of you parents with a terrible 2, just try it, get a friend you can trust and give them permission to punish the kid. The kids are smart enough to know they can get away with shit from mommy and daddy, but when its a complete stranger (well, not a complete stranger, someone not related, you know what I mean) they WILL show respect if you demand it properly.

Parents today are just scarred of being the "bad guy" with their kids. End of story.

Strike
09-03-2009, 04:44 PM
not everyone has that luxury.

Really? Can't leave your kid with your spouse/significant other? Great idea, having a kid with that person. No parent, aunt, cousin, sibling? Bullshit.

EDIT: By the way, I resent the notion that a child having two parents around is a luxury.

Strike
09-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I do it all the time. The people currently living with me have a 2 year old named Ashton. He throws tantrums daily with them. Not when Im there to step in. I have had to spank the kid only once and thats all it took. He even starts to think about having a tantrum I get my mean look on and ask him in my angry voice if he wants his butt to be spanked. He says no and quiets down. End of story.

Im still waiting for him to test me again, I will spank him again. BTW his parents gave me permission and no Im not wailing like a mad man using full strength or anything. Despite not having kids of my own I DO know how to handle them.

For those of you parents with a terrible 2, just try it, get a friend you can trust and give them permission to punish the kid. The kids are smart enough to know they can get away with shit from mommy and daddy, but when its a complete stranger (well, not a complete stranger, someone not related, you know what I mean) they WILL show respect if you demand it properly.

Parents today are just scarred of being the "bad guy" with their kids. End of story.

You mean, you practiced a little discipline, set limits and the kid doesn't pull that shit with you? NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!! Huh, same thing happened with me and the (ex)wife when we would watch her sister's 2 year old son. Kid got away with murder with his mom and tried his tantrums at my house to get what he wanted. It took the kid 2 days to learn that temper tantrums don't work with Aunt & Uncle Strike. TWO WHOLE DAYS!!! We set limits with the kid and he got it pretty quick.

Strike
09-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Funny how my kids never behave like that in public.

Tell me, why do your kids not behave like that? Have you casted some magic spell over them? Do you drug them? I'm curious because other people have insinuated that it's just the norm for every kid to act like a psychotic retard in public.

Bigzax
09-03-2009, 04:55 PM
You mean, you practiced a little discipline, set limits and the kid doesn't pull that shit with you? NO FREAKING WAY!!!!!! Huh, same thing happened with me and the (ex)wife when we would watch her sister's 2 year old son. Kid got away with murder with his mom and tried his tantrums at my house to get what he wanted. It took the kid 2 days to learn that temper tantrums don't work with Aunt & Uncle Strike. TWO WHOLE DAYS!!! We set limits with the kid and he got it pretty quick.

so did you strike the two year old in the face? :wakeup

Strike
09-03-2009, 05:02 PM
so did you strike the two year old in the face? :wakeup

No, I didn't. I just didn't play his game. For example, he had a habit of bringing me or Mrs. Strike a movie to play for him and getting another one 15 minutes later. I told him "No. You watch that one first." He'd try to get pushy in that 2 year old way and I said again "No. You watch that one first." He'd throw a tantrum, I'd walk away. 2 minutes later, he's over his tantrum and watching the 1st movie. I didn't strike, slap, or hit. I didn't have to.

The guy in the store that slapped the kid around is a piece of shit. He had no business slapping someone else's kid and he deserves to be punished for it. But maybe if the mother didn't just let her damn kid wail away (I'm sure it wasn't the 1st or 20th time) and exercise a little discipline, maybe the kid wouldn't continue to act like a psycho in public.

Bigzax
09-03-2009, 05:05 PM
No, I didn't. I just didn't play his game. For example, he had a habit of bringing me or Mrs. Strike a movie to play for him and getting another one 15 minutes later. I told him "No. You watch that one first." He'd try to get pushy in that 2 year old way and I said again "No. You watch that one first." He'd throw a tantrum, I'd walk away. 2 minutes later, he's over his tantrum and watching the 1st movie. I didn't strike, slap, or hit. I didn't have to.

The guy in the store that slapped the kid around is a piece of shit. He had no business slapping someone else's kid and he deserves to be punished for it. But maybe if the mother didn't just let her damn kid wail away (I'm sure it wasn't the 1st or 20th time) and exercise a little discipline, maybe the kid wouldn't continue to act like a psycho in public.

good stuff. it's hard not to give in to kids when what they want is simple and as a parent you just want quiet, but your point is very valid that you have to endure and not let them get their way.

i was on the ball when i was watching supernanny, but i've regressed a bit...

Shelly
09-03-2009, 05:10 PM

I always tell the kid that I don't want to be there either (usually HEB).

And yes, I'm glad mine are beyond those years. IF they happen to both be with me, it's usually punching and/or trying to trip each other. sigh

manufan10
09-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Tell me, why do your kids not behave like that? Have you casted some magic spell over them? Do you drug them? I'm curious because other people have insinuated that it's just the norm for every kid to act like a psychotic retard in public.

Discipline them. Be stern with them. Don't give in to them. It's very simple. Be a parent and not try and be their friend. If you lay down the rules and consequences, they are more than capable of understanding and following. You have to stay strong. Do they mess up? Sure. Never have they thrown a tantrum at the store.

pkbpkb81
09-03-2009, 05:58 PM
the kid was two. two year olds throw fits some times, you deal with it don't slap them. That old man needs to have his ass kicked

ploto
09-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Really? Can't leave your kid with your spouse/significant other? Great idea, having a kid with that person. No parent, aunt, cousin, sibling?

How about if your spouse is in Iraq?

Or you work a night shift and your spouse works a day shift so that one parent can be with the child? So, one of you has to take your kid with you because your spouse is at work while you have the kid, and you are at work while your spouse has the kid.

How about if your spouse works 100 hours per week and sleeps most of the rest of the time?

How about the fact that if you are shopping for your kid to buy shoes, then you need to take the child along.

There are many reasons why one person has to take their child with them to the store. This person was not is some fancy restaurant- they were in a Wal-Mart shopping.

The Franchise
09-03-2009, 06:12 PM
I can deal with tantrums at the supermarket. I can't stand when some stupid parent brings their 2 year olds to a movie, and they start screaming at the top of their lungs. :bang

Bigzax
09-03-2009, 06:14 PM
yeah, i've taken my kid to see transformers (the 1st one) and when he got restless we were in the lobby. luckily he fell asleep for that last 30-45 minutes so i got to see the good stuff.

only other movie we went to see was Up, but that was a kids movie and an early sat matinee, so rowdy kids can be the norm...

Strike
09-03-2009, 06:21 PM
How about if your spouse is in Iraq?
My dad was in the service and away for 6 months at a time before I was born and my siblings were little. Mix in a friend or relative to help you out for an hour.

Or you work a night shift and your spouse works a day shift so that one parent can be with the child? So, one of you has to take your kid with you because your spouse is at work while you have the kid, and you are at work while your spouse has the kid.

My parents did that until I was 10. Days off do exist.

How about if your spouse works 100 hours per week and sleeps most of the rest of the time?

once again, mix in a friend or a relative to help out for an hour.

How about the fact that if you are shopping for your kid to buy shoes, then you need to take the child along.

If your kid is acting up, take him/her outside until he/she calms down.

There are many reasons why one person has to take their child with them to the store. This person was not is some fancy restaurant- they were in a Wal-Mart shopping.

It doesn't matter if you're shopping in a Wal-Mart or eating in a fancy restaurant. I shouldn't have to listen to your kid screaming like a banshee while you just ignore it.

There are many excuses why parents don't discipline their kids and curb this behavior. Random outbursts do happen. Fine. Spare the rest of us from having to listen to it, please.