04-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Yesterday, 12:16 AM #1
Walton Buys Off Me
WBomb

Position: Dominant Center
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $1550
Manu makes less than Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that a joke or what?

Ginobili thrives on moments that Parker runs away from..........

Thankyou Walton. I think TP read this thread yesterday and he wanted to show you the error of your ways.

:lol

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 08:07 AM
I went to read last night in the 4th Q after the Spurs fell 11 down in 4th Q.

Normally I will watch a game until the end, but I really did not care if SA won or not, because we were w/o 3 starters and our 7th man, we had all our scrubs, and we played 2 OTs less than 24 hrs earlier..this was the most improbable win for SA in the past 3 yrs.

I missed thia great comeback and I am pissed.

Useruser666
04-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Jim, you mean you don't BELIEVE? :cry

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Jim, you mean you don't BELIEVE? :cry

I was a doubter, I admit it.

How can a team under those circumstances win that game against the 2nd hottest team in the league on the road???

This team is amazing.
:smokin

Shelly
04-11-2005, 08:17 AM
I went to read last night in the 4th Q after the Spurs fell 11 down in 4th Q.

Is Playboy considered reading?

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Is Playboy considered reading?

the articles are quite good.

:)

TwoHandJam
04-11-2005, 08:54 AM
I didn't turn the game off but I admit that I've felt Parker often wilts in fourth quarters. Not neccessarily because of the pressure but because he's usually gassed by then. It was very improbable that he was able to play double overtime again on a back-to-back and still find the energy to will us to a victory.

Huge props to TP.

boutons
04-11-2005, 08:59 AM
"Ginobili thrives on moments that Parker runs away from........."

I don't bother with his shit, I've had Walton IGNOREd from the moment I discovered the forum had an IGNORE feature.

Tony proved last night, in the most dramatic, mind-boggling, did-it-really-happen? fashion, ON BOTH ENDS (did you see him get up close and hassle Baron into passing in the 2nd OT?) that he's got as much "testicules" as anybody. He's made clutch shots and plays in the past. But last night he took the entire team on his back and carried them over the finish line. Tony was the "designated back" last night. When Pop was saying Manu wouldn't play vs Warriors, he also said Tony is young, will play, etc. Pop ran an isolation game on Tony. CIA POP. :)

I think what happens when Tony, Tim, and Manu are on the floor in cruch is that Tim is the #1 go-to guy, Manu #2 go-to guy, and Tony sorta defers, NOT runs away, since Tim and Manu are who Pop prefers in the crunch time. Tony is the facilitator, perhaps a little more than Pop, and lot of us, want.

By sitting Manu, Pop left Tony isolated on the floor without the other Go-To Guys to defer to. Tony played his usual "opener" role extremely well, and then, played the "closer" role, incredibly, even better! Tony passed Pop's "test" summa cum laude.

An embarrassement of riches: 3 playoff-tested, proven NBA/Olympic champions as go-to guys, with scene-stealing cameos available from Brent, Bruce, Robert.

The only other team that comes close is the Pistons, and, health permitting, I think that's who it will be in June.

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Hey boutons, we all have put our foot in our mouth, nobody is bulletproof in this forum.

Walton was correct in that if we had to have a player besides TD to come up with the clutch performance in 4th Q, it was always Manu, not TP.
TP is a great PG right now, he is 10 times better than he was last year and he is getting better and better, and right now, I would not trade him for anyone in the league(besides James)...because in 2 yrs, it will be betw him and Lebron for best PG.

Useruser666
04-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Somewhere Steve Francis is crying.

MI21
04-11-2005, 09:40 AM
About Cuttino?

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Somewhere Steve Francis is crying.

Steve has been a disappointment to me.

We are through.

:)

MannyIsGod
04-11-2005, 10:54 AM
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

MaNuMaNiAc
04-11-2005, 12:28 PM
yeah Walton also wrote this, so plz read before you post

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13404

boutons
04-11-2005, 12:33 PM
"it was always Manu, not TP."

The implication was clearly that the choice was TP's, that TP couldn't/wouldn't do step up in the 4th, that Parker "ran away from". Pure, malignant BS, not a foot-in-mouth error.

leemajors
04-11-2005, 12:56 PM
i would hope lebron isn't playing point in two years, for his sake.