PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Predicted Standings for Western Conference: 2009-10

honestfool84
09-02-2009, 05:32 PM
LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=OffseasonPredictions09-WestStandings)

On Tuesday, we forecast the East (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=OffseasonPredictions09-EastStandings), and today it's the West.

One note of explanation, as covered yesterday: The order of finish is more important in these predictions than the exact number of wins and losses. When 53 individuals vote, they will almost never all agree that one team will win as many as, let's say, 65 games, or that another team will win only 20 games, even though we know these things happen frequently. Why? Because these are extreme results that happen when pretty much everything goes right or everything goes wrong for a team. The panel collectively takes a more measured view, so the forecasts for wins and losses tend to float toward the middle.

Predicted Standings for Western Conference: 2009-10
CONF TEAM W L PCT 09 W 09 L 09 PCT
Los Angeles Lakers 62 20 .756 65 17 .793
Our forecasters say the champion Lakers will edge the Cavs for best record in the NBA and home court throughout the playoffs, which will come in handy if we get a Kobe-LeBron showdown. That's the only close race the Lakers will be in, according to our panel, which doesn't seem too worried about potential disruptions by Ron Artest.

San Antonio Spurs 54 28 .659 54 28 .659
The aging Spurs appear to be back in business, though in fact they somehow managed 54 wins and the No. 3 seed last season before being bounced in Round 1. This time around, their hopes rest on a return to health by Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili and the additions of Richard Jefferson, Antonio McDyess and DeJuan Blair.

Portland Trail Blazers 52 30 .634 54 28 .659
Can Portland become the proverbial "team nobody wants to face" in the Western Conference playoffs? Or are they ready for true contender status? Expectations are large, as are the variables: Can Greg Oden find himself? How will Andre Miller's go-go style mesh with the walk-it-up Blazers? And who's the starting point guard, anyway?

Denver Nuggets 51 31 .622 54 28 .659
The Nuggets won't sneak up on anyone this year, and perhaps they won't need to. With largely the same roster as they had in May, Denver is counting on good health and the further development of Carmelo Anthony to stay among the West's best. If these predictions hold, they might get a playoff rematch with the Lakers.

Dallas Mavericks 50 32 .610 50 32 .610
The Mavs had a topsy-turvy summer that, according to our panel, will leave them right where they were last season: 50-32, and in the middle of the pack. They brought back Jason Kidd and acquired Shawn Marion and Drew Gooden, but lost a battle of wits with Orlando for Brandon Bass and Marcin Gortat. Expect the moves to keep coming.

Utah Jazz* 47 35 .573 48 34 .585
Utah was a trendy name a year ago, but barely rates a mention now, for a couple of reasons: The team is coming off a disappointing season, and the Carlos Boozer situation is unresolved. But the Jazz still have a potent roster led by Deron Williams, and the dark-horse label seems to fit this team as well as any other in the West.

New Orleans Hornets* 47 35 .573 49 33 .598
It was a disappointing season in New Orleans, relative to the high expectations they started with, but they still won 49 games and they still have Chris Paul. The Hornets are another of the West's "if everything breaks right" contenders, as they need Julian Wright, Ike Diogu and Hilton Armstrong to do more to justify being lottery picks.

Phoenix Suns 42 40 .512 46 36 .561
The Suns were a lottery team last season, but a good one, winning 46 despite a coaching change and an eye injury to Amare Stoudemire. Now Shaq's gone, and the speed game is back, led by Steve Nash. If Amare returns to full health, the Suns will light it up again. But will that be enough for more than 8th best in the West?

Houston Rockets 37 45 .451 53 29 .646
The Rockets were a remarkable story last season, taking the Lakers to seven games without Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady. Now Houston is in a transition year, as Yao appears out for the season and T-Mac's return is iffy. One thing does seem certain: The Rockets will scrap and claw and make every opponent's W well-earned.

Los Angeles Clippers 33 49 .402 19 63 .232
Giddy Clippers fans might not appreciate this forecast, but keep in mind: A 33-49 record would be a 14-game leap, and L.A. has been such a disheveled franchise it's going to have to prove itself to our panel. That said, some see the Clips winning as many as 50 games, thanks in large part to the arrival of Blake Griffin.

Oklahoma City Thunder 32 50 .390 23 59 .280
No West bandwagon is more crowded than OKC's, with our panel seeing the team that started 1-16 a year ago making the leap to mediocrity. Given the age of Kevin Durant (20), Russell Westbrook (20), Jeff Green (23) and newcomer James Harden (20), it's not hard to see what the excitement is about. But it will be hard to see them on TV.

Golden State Warriors 31 51 .378 29 53 .354
Golden State celebrated its crowning as Team Turmoil with another heaping helping of controversy, as putative team leader Stephen Jackson reportedly asked to be traded to a good team. The talent of such youngsters as Monta Ellis and Anthony Randolph is undeniable, but clearly our panelists just do not trust the Warriors to pull it together.

Minn. Timberwolves 26 56 .317 24 58 .293
Minnesota's noisy offseason of trades, controversial draft picks, the firing of Kevin McHale, the hiring of Kurt Rambis and a failed bid to sign Ricky Rubio is likely to be followed by a quiet season on the hardwood. The immediate future is about getting Al Jefferson healthy and seeing what youngsters Kevin Love and Jonny Flynn can do.

Memphis Grizzlies 25 57 .305 24 58 .293
The talent base is improving thanks to youngsters Rudy Gay, O.J. Mayo, Marc Gasol, Hasheem Thabeet and Mike Conley. However, the arrival of Zach Randolph, our pick for Worst Newcomer, means that chemistry will continue to be an issue in Memphis, which also has its sights set on the 34-year-old Allen Iverson. Go figure.

Sacramento Kings 21 61 .256 17 65 .207
The Kings take the honors as the NBA's worst team, both in last season's standings and this season's projections. Reasons for optimism include a return to health for Kevin Martin and the arrival of Tyreke Evans, but even that is a bit troubling, as they might end up playing the same position. Expect another long year in Sac-Town.

* - The Jazz finished slightly ahead of the Hornets in our average prediction.

rayray2k8
09-02-2009, 06:25 PM
The champs are ranked #1, no surprise there. The prediction for western conference champs will be
out on Friday and they'll obviously pick them, since they make it seem as if no
one, not even god, can touch them. :rolleyes
Fuck BSPN

EricB
09-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Why not assume?

They bolstered their roster and kept everyone except Ariza around.

I don't see how rating the Lakers 1, and thinking they will repeat is some kind of atrocity..

Spursfan092120
09-02-2009, 07:24 PM
lol Fillmoe

Showtime24 LAKERS
09-02-2009, 08:22 PM
The champs are ranked #1, no surprise there. The prediction for western conference champs will be
out on Friday and they'll obviously pick them, since they make it seem as if no
one, not even god, can touch them. :rolleyes
Fuck BSPN

Of course, we're the lakers and the defending Champs. where else could we be ranked other than the top spot?! :lol:lol

barbacoataco
09-02-2009, 09:09 PM
The lakers are #1 until Duncan and Ginobili both show they are close to 100%.
The Yao and T-mac less Rockets last year gave them problems, so I'm not sure they're unbeatable.

My Fault
09-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Of course, we're the lakers and the defending Champs. where else could we be ranked other than the top spot?! :lol:lol
We??? :lol

Chillen
09-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Lakers are #1 in the NBA till someone beats them, they are defending NBA champs, it's that simple. Are they unbeatable, no way, if the Spurs are 100% or even 90% healthy the Lakers will get challenged. Even the Lakers could have an injury plagued season, it's not impossible, they just came off of a championship. I agree with that list to an extent.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-02-2009, 09:32 PM
The Spurs will go close to 60 wins, and I don't see the Lakers winning much more than 60. It'll be closer than people think.

Elsewhere in that list I think the Setting Suns are over-rated, and that it'll be a four-way scrap between them, the Clipshow, The Zombie Sonics and the Rockettes for the 8-spot. Forced to choose, I'm going with the Thunder.

Knoxxx
09-02-2009, 09:43 PM
The potential is there for us to win a lot of games, possibly even getting home court throughout due to the expected decline of the Rockets. Lakers-Spurs definitely shaping up as what could be a great conference final leading to another championship for the victor. My only dilemma is do I get the full season league pass or cut the wife a break and wait until the half season becomes available since I watch so much football. Life is full off tough decisions...

coyotes_geek
09-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Pretty good list actually. There's teams you could argue should be up or down a spot, but there aren't any glaring WTF's.

20Underrated
09-02-2009, 11:08 PM
How did an old, allegedly non-contending spurs team improve so much over the offseason and yet end up with a prediction for the same number of wins (54) as last year's disappointment?

Acknowledge the improvement and following with a prediction of 54 wins is either failure to really understand the changes or a failure to see how good last year's team really was. For some reason those pricks forget all the great teams we whooped last year and the fact that it was a MAJOR upset that the Mavs beat us... even WOUNDED! Are these EXPERTS really so narrow-minded? JJ Barea turn into Isiah Thomas for afew games and the Spurs get absolutely no recognition for a valiant effort with a wounded club. Screw them.

TD 21
09-02-2009, 11:40 PM
The Lakers will more than likely be the #1 seed. Not because they're automatically better than the Spurs, but because of continuity, and the fact that Jackson always pushes hard to win games at the expense of playing his players major minutes, while Pop does the opposite.

West

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Trail Blazers
4. Nuggets
5. Mavericks
6. Hornets
7. Jazz
8. Clippers
9. Suns
10. Rockets
11. Thunder
12. Warriors
13. Timberwolves
14. Grizzlies
15. Kings

East

1. Cavaliers
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Hawks
5. Wizards
6. Raptors
7. Bulls
8. Heat
9. 76ers
10. Pistons
11. Bobcats
12. Pacers
13. Bucks
14. Knicks
15. Nets

timtonymanu
09-03-2009, 02:34 AM
aint complaining about the list. the champs should be number one. Besides the Spurs have alot of question marks: the health of the big 3, the new players fitting in, Pop's brain.

but i would put the clips and maybe the rockets ahead of phoenix. Phoenix did absolutely nothing to help their team. Amare will play C again. Nash is a year older. Hill won't be enough. JRich is useless.

Muser
09-03-2009, 05:52 AM
Seems about right, don't know if the Blazers will have another great year.

Rummpd
09-03-2009, 06:17 AM
Guarantee if healthy Spurs get 58 wins this year or more

Ghazi
09-03-2009, 07:13 AM
1. LA
2. DAL
3. SA
4. PORT
5. DEN
6. UTA
7. NOLA
8. PHX

Mavs get revenge on Hornets, face fuck the Spurs like they always do, and beat the Blazers in the WCF like they always do and advance to Finals. Blazers flukishly win 1 game @ Staples and win all their games in Rose Garden like they always do v Lakers, hence their entrance into WCF.

coyotes_geek
09-03-2009, 07:48 AM
How did an old, allegedly non-contending spurs team improve so much over the offseason and yet end up with a prediction for the same number of wins (54) as last year's disappointment?

Acknowledge the improvement and following with a prediction of 54 wins is either failure to really understand the changes or a failure to see how good last year's team really was. For some reason those pricks forget all the great teams we whooped last year and the fact that it was a MAJOR upset that the Mavs beat us... even WOUNDED! Are these EXPERTS really so narrow-minded? JJ Barea turn into Isiah Thomas for afew games and the Spurs get absolutely no recognition for a valiant effort with a wounded club. Screw them.

If the Spurs really are going to be giving Duncan and others nights off during the regular season in order keep the team fresh for the playoffs then that's going to cost them a few games. I still think they'll win more than 54 games, but I doubt they'll make it to 60.

2Cleva
09-03-2009, 07:51 AM
The Spurs will go close to 60 wins, and I don't see the Lakers winning much more than 60. It'll be closer than people think.

LA just won 65 last year, now have a championship swagger, upgraded at SF, and have a defender at the PG position. What's more they have a coach and leaders who have shown they can win multiple rings in a row.

No way their record is worse next season. They will flirt with 70.

2Cleva
09-03-2009, 07:52 AM
1. LA
2. DAL
3. SA
4. PORT
5. DEN
6. UTA
7. NOLA
8. PHX

Mavs get revenge on Hornets, face fuck the Spurs like they always do, and beat the Blazers in the WCF like they always do and advance to Finals. Blazers flukishly win 1 game @ Staples and win all their games in Rose Garden like they always do v Lakers, hence their entrance into WCF.

Portland only tends to win at home in the reg season vs LA. Check the playoff numbers when it counts for real then try again.

buttsR4rebounding
09-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Regular season is irrelevant except as it is used as a tool to be peaking as the playoffs begin. I believe the Spurs are carrying 7 bigs this year to sit Duncan and McDyess on alternating nights of B2B's. This will cost them some games, but it will also give an opportunity to develop Ian, Blair and Haislip. Even so I would expect them to win more games than last year. Most of the panel, I am sure, did not take this into account and thus came up with a ridiculous number for the Spurs.:lobt2:

Obstructed_View
09-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Spurs regular season wins mean nothing. Win enough to get into the playoffs, and be healthy and playing well when you get there. Lakers in the first round would be a dream matchup in my book.

buttsR4rebounding
09-03-2009, 08:29 AM
1. LA
2. DAL
3. SA
4. PORT
5. DEN
6. UTA
7. NOLA
8. PHX

While all the contenders were bulking up in the post the Mavs were adding 2 and 3's like it was the only position on the floor. I guess they are going to try to win the day with small, small, smaller ball. Of course, that fits for the Mavs since their best big has no balls. Let's face it, you and I both know the only ring that Dirk is going to see is on the hand of his ex-girlfriend when she gets out of prison and comes over and bitch slaps him into submission. And really, what was up with that? Were the only hot chicks Dirk could get Steve Nash's leftovers?

DaBears
09-03-2009, 08:29 AM
I don’t necessarily disagree with the order but I disagree with the win loss totals. I think Spurs will win close to 60 wins games this season.. Lakers on other hand will stay the course they did last yr more than likely but the drop off will be in the East. I don’t see Cav’s having the same season as last with the success in the record during regular season. Sure they might be number 1 seed but not in the 60’s plus wins like last yr..

Chieflion
09-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Pretty much agree with the list, except for the number of wins. This is the year where the bottom teams are going to be losing about just every game except against each other and the 8 seed is in doubt. I still think the Suns will make it but would not be suprised to see GSW either. 8-11 is a crapshoot and no one cares about them. 8 will not get a lottery pick and most likely get swept by LA, barring all circumstances.

hater
09-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Blazers are overhyped every pre-season. they are the new Rockets

honestfool84
09-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Blazers are overhyped every pre-season. they are the new Rockets

:lol

for some reason i think that's a bit stretched...
they LOOK like they're going to be pretty good. at least the potential is there, it's up to them to see how they mesh.

lurker23
09-03-2009, 09:36 AM
LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=OffseasonPredictions09-WestStandings)

One note of explanation, as covered yesterday: The order of finish is more important in these predictions than the exact number of wins and losses. When 53 individuals vote, they will almost never all agree that one team will win as many as, let's say, 65 games, or that another team will win only 20 games, even though we know these things happen frequently. Why? Because these are extreme results that happen when pretty much everything goes right or everything goes wrong for a team. The panel collectively takes a more measured view, so the forecasts for wins and losses tend to float toward the middle.

For everyone complaining about the number of wins, reread the first full paragraph of the article.

coyotes_geek
09-03-2009, 10:11 AM
For everyone complaining about the number of wins, reread the first full paragraph of the article.

If you think the Spurs are going to win a lot more than 54 games what difference does it make whether or not that 54 wins number is one person's opinion or an average of a bunch of opinions?

mytespurs
09-03-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't think anyone should be surprised or upset for that matter that the Lakers are the consensus #1 in terms of the standings. Spurs at #2 sounds about right.

I think that had Yao remained healthy and the team remained intact, the rockets would've probably been ranked #2.

in2deep
09-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't think anyone should be surprised or upset for that matter that the Lakers are the consensus #1 in terms of the standings. Spurs at #2 sounds about right.

I think that had Yao remained healthy and the team remained intact, the rockets would've probably been ranked #2.

without Artest?? why because Tmac is making a "come back"??

Agloco
09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Spurs regular season wins mean nothing. Win enough to get into the playoffs, and be healthy and playing well when you get there. Lakers in the first round would be a dream matchup in my book.

+1

As I've said many times over, a healthy Spurs team is the best in the West.

mytespurs
09-03-2009, 11:25 AM
without Artest?? why because Tmac is making a "come back"??

I meant if the team remained intact as a whole INCLUDING Artest, a healty Yao, and perhaps a healthy TMac. I based my assessment on how they finished the season and how they performed in the playoffs. Just a speculative opinion, nothing more.

longtimelurker
09-03-2009, 11:32 AM
LA just won 65 last year, now have a championship swagger, upgraded at SF, and have a defender at the PG position. What's more they have a coach and leaders who have shown they can win multiple rings in a row.

Leakers are just one kobe bryant high ankle sprain away from a 50-ish win season. Everybody will get injured eventually; he's just turned 31 and logged over 1000 NBA games + the recent olympic commitments. Not wishing injury upon him, but shit happens.

2Cleva
09-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Leakers are just one kobe bryant high ankle sprain away from a 50-ish win season. Everybody will get injured eventually; he's just turned 31 and logged over 1000 NBA games + the recent olympic commitments. Not wishing injury upon him, but shit happens.

LOL.

Yeah, shit happens. He just plays through it.

da_suns_fan
09-03-2009, 12:40 PM
1) Lakers **
2) Spurs
3) Mavs
4) Nuggets
5) Blazers
6) Hornets
7) Jazz
8) Rockets
**This is regular season only. I'm picking the Spurs to win the West.

:lol

Ill be surprised if the Rockets win 30 games this year.

Galileo
09-03-2009, 12:40 PM
54 wins? I'll take the over. With Tim Duncan in 12 years, we have 10 overs, 1 under (by 1 game), and 1 push.

Not to mention the Spurs are improved this year.

Obstructed_View
09-03-2009, 12:48 PM
54 wins? I'll take the over. With Tim Duncan in 12 years, we have 10 overs, 1 under (by 1 game), and 1 push.

Not to mention the Spurs are improved this year.

It does seem odd that ESPN would mention how much the team has improved and then predict that they win the same number of games as the previous season and place second in their division.

da_suns_fan
09-03-2009, 12:52 PM
It does seem odd that ESPN would mention how much the team has improved and then predict that they win the same number of games as the previous season and place second in their division.

I'll get accused of trolling if I do it so someone else please explain to OV that the Spurs and Lakers dont play in the same division.

Obstructed_View
09-03-2009, 12:55 PM
I'll get accused of trolling if I do it so someone else please explain to OV that the Spurs and Lakers dont play in the same division.

I'm not sure how that's relevant.

EDIT: I mistakenly looked at the over-quoted post by Ghazi where Dallas is ahead of SA. Now I understand your post. I thought ESPN had predicted it, not Mavfan.

Still, seems odd that ESPN would predict the same number of wins, since the team stands to be quite a bit better this season.

da_suns_fan
09-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure how that's relevant.

Because when you are claiming that ESPN is predicting that the Spurs will finish second in their division when ESPN is clearly stating that the Spurs will finish second in the west but first in their division, you look clueless.

Obstructed_View
09-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Because when you are claiming that ESPN is predicting that the Spurs will finish second in their division when ESPN is clearly stating that the Spurs will finish second in the west but first in their division, you look clueless.

See above. When you continue to hammer home a point once someone's admitted a mistake, you look like an idiot.

tlongII
09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
lol Spurs.

tlongII
09-03-2009, 01:15 PM
lol Lakers.

da_suns_fan
09-03-2009, 01:23 PM
See above. When you continue to hammer home a point once someone's admitted a mistake, you look like an idiot.

:lol:lol

Lol! Nice try, douche bag. I wrote my response before you edited that shit.

Just say "Thanks DSF" and move on.

rjv
09-03-2009, 01:37 PM
buechler must have given the suns an 80 win season for them to get the average that they got

manufan10
09-03-2009, 01:43 PM
lol Spurs.

lol Oden = Sam Bowie

Obstructed_View
09-03-2009, 01:46 PM
:lol:lol

Lol! Nice try, douche bag. I wrote my response before you edited that shit.

Just say "Thanks DSF" and move on.

If it makes you feel better to think that I thought the Lakers were in the Spurs' division, power to you. Says far more about you than it does about me.

da_suns_fan
09-03-2009, 01:50 PM
If it makes you feel better to think that I thought the Lakers were in the Spurs' division, power to you. Says far more about you than it does about me.

No. You are disingenuously claiming that I was "hammering home a point after you had already admtted a mistake" when, in fact, I explained that you made a mistake and you STILL didnt get it so I spelled it out for you again. Then you edit a previous post and accuse me of not letting it go which says a lot more about you than me.

23LeBronJames23
09-03-2009, 01:57 PM
OKC gonna be better than they think they will be.

C: Krstic
PF: Jeff Green
SF: Kevin Durant
SG: James Harden
PG: Russell Westbrook

now only if they get a C that can put up 10 pts 10 rebs. Then they be in the playoffs for sure!

Obstructed_View
09-03-2009, 02:01 PM
No. You are disingenuously claiming that I was "hammering home a point after you had already admtted a mistake" when, in fact, I explained that you made a mistake and you STILL didnt get it so I spelled it out for you again. Then you edit a previous post and accuse me of not letting it go which says a lot more about you than me.

Since there's no timestamp on the edit, that means the edit happened within two minutes of the post time. That means I submitted it at least two minutes before your post. Again, if you want credit for enlightening me about who's in the Spurs' division with no regard for my explanation, you're just gonna have to continue to give it to yourself. Not that you've shown any signs of losing steam on such a meaningless point.

I guess I'll help you.

Hey, folks, sunfan wants you all to know that the Lakers and the Spurs aren't in the same division. Make sure to tell him how smart he is!

da_suns_fan
09-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Since there's no timestamp on the edit, that means the edit happened within two minutes of the post time. That means I submitted it at least two minutes before your post. Again, if you want credit for enlightening me about who's in the Spurs' division with no regard for my explanation, you're just gonna have to continue to give it to yourself. Not that you've shown any signs of losing steam on such a meaningless point.

I guess I'll help you.

Hey, folks, sunfan wants you all to know that the Lakers and the Spurs aren't in the same division. Make sure to tell him how smart he is!

Fail. Times are marked on all posts. I posted four mintues after you. Im not sure how long the before you get an "edit" timestamp on your post but it cant be two minutes. You know how I know? Because I quoted you and I didnt remove anything from your post. Thus, you are wrong.

Im just going to say "You're welcome" and move on.

Manufan909
09-03-2009, 03:11 PM
The potential is there for us to win a lot of games, possibly even getting home court throughout due to the expected decline of the Rockets. Lakers-Spurs definitely shaping up as what could be a great conference final leading to another championship for the victor. My only dilemma is do I get the full season league pass or cut the wife a break and wait until the half season becomes available since I watch so much football. Life is full off tough decisions...

Getting online only is hundred bucks, right? Iirc duncan228 said that quite a few times, but when I checked nba.com it only showed LP is now available in two EXCITING subscription packages, lol. But it doesn't have the price, or I just missed it like a ruhtard.:p:

duncan228
09-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Getting online only is hundred bucks, right? Iirc duncan228 said that quite a few times, but when I checked nba.com it only showed LP is now available in two EXCITING subscription packages, lol. But it doesn't have the price, or I just missed it like a ruhtard.:p:

I think Broadband alone was around $100 last year. If you buy LP TV you get Broadband with it.

They haven't released this years info yet.

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html

TD 21
09-03-2009, 03:23 PM
1. LA
2. DAL
3. SA
4. PORT
5. DEN
6. UTA
7. NOLA
8. PHX

Typical pathetic Mavs fan. Your claim to fame is the Mavs beating the Spurs in the Western Conference Semi-finals in '06, then choking away the Finals to a clearly inferior team. Good job.

Like they always do? Apparently you forgot what happened in '01 and '03. I'll give the Mavs credit for '06, but let's face it, if not for the foolish, and unnecessary Ginobili foul, the Spurs win that series. In '09, considering that all season the Spurs were better, it's only logical to think that if healthy, they'd have probably won that series.

The Mavs are a slapped together outfit, desperate to get back to being relevant before NoWINski's prime is up. Sure, they'll have enough talent to be a top 5 seed in the regular season, but they're not going anywhere in the playoffs. The best that can be hoped for is winning a round, then getting trounced in round two by the Lakers, Spurs, Blazers, or Nuggets.

The Franchise
09-03-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't understand all the disrespect my Rockets are getting. These are the same players that went on a 22 games when streak, but with a much deeper bench (Taylor, Budinger, Battier, Menhsa bonsu, Lowry), upgrades in certain areas (Anderson c, Ariza sf), and a healthy McGrady coming into camp (contract year = enormous effort). McGrady wasn't even healthy when we accomplished that feat and somehow we're going to be worse? To put the Suns, Clippers, Thunder, etc... ahead of us is fucking retarded. We will make the playoffs and finish higher than a lot of the teams listed above us. I will enjoy listening to the many excuses for why the Rockets are "overachieving" when the time comes. Thank you.

TD 21
09-03-2009, 03:47 PM
I don't understand all the disrespect my Rockets are getting. These are the same players that went on a 22 games when streak, but with a much deeper bench (Taylor, Budinger, Battier, Menhsa bonsu, Lowry), upgrades in certain areas (Anderson c, Ariza sf), and a healthy McGrady coming into camp (contract year = enormous effort). McGrady wasn't even healthy when we accomplished that feat and somehow we're going to be worse? To put the Suns, Clippers, Thunder, etc... ahead of us is fucking retarded. We will make the playoffs and finish higher than a lot of the teams listed above us. I will enjoy listening to the many excuses for why the Rockets are "overachieving" when the time comes. Thank you.

I picked them to finish 10th, because I know they'll be well coached, have good chemistry, and an excellent work ethic (unlike the more talented Warriors). But on top of all those things, you need star power to win in the NBA, and I'm not sure any team has less of that than the Rockets, in the state they're in. They have a lot of high quality role players like Scola, Battier, Brooks, Ariza, Landry, Lowry, and potentially Anderson (we'll see with Taylor, and Budinger, and Mensah-Bonsu is likely to be cut), but none of these guys can carry an offense for extended periods of time.

I've always been a McGrady fan, and would like to see him healthy and thriving. However, at this point I'll have to see it to believe it. If he can play about 70 games at a high level, this team could push for a playoff spot, but that's doubtful.

Ginobilirules
09-03-2009, 09:17 PM
this reply goes out to that backwards idiot"" [ghazi"" ]you are an absolute uneducated retard and jealous of our more powerful spurs"" overall we"ve owned your weak ass mavwrecks"" longer than cuban has, fuckface"". you need your ass kicked badly> and the only time your weak mavs have beaten us in a series is when we're injured only 50% in strength like in 06" or like last yr when our best player Manu '" isn't even playing in the series "" fucking idiot'. also, during our championship years, when our horses are 100% healthy, we always kick your weak ass mav-wrecks's asses. if your guys play us the yrs we win the title we'll destroy your mavs piece by piece,"" book it'". this yr the spurs will DESTROY YOUR MAVS 4-1 WATCH AND WEEP JEALOUS DIRTBAG GHAZI"" WE'RE WAY DEEPER, HAVE A HEALTHY MANU BACK WHO ALWAYS HAS BEEN A MAVS KILLER'". AND WE HAVE 5 GUYS WHO GIVE DIRK FITS ON D"", ADN CAN SHUT DIRK DOWN. PLUS WE HAVE GUYS THAT WILL TAKE DOWN HOWARD, TERRY, AND MARION TOO". WE'RE THERE WITH THE LAKERS, AND BOTH THESE TEAMS WILL KILL THE MAVS THIS YR.

Ginobilirules
09-03-2009, 09:37 PM
In order to win the title you have to be the best, of the best and beat any team in your way"' duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'" when your team wins the title, it means nooooooo- team can beat you that yr'" duhhhhhhhhhhhhh"' to those uneducated mavs fags"' fans'," during the champ yrs the spurs have won the trophy, they would have, and have, and will crush your weak ass mavs, get the message mavs fags'" accept the truth""[ ghazi:]. Your stupidity and biasedness will never change these facts'. This yrs" spurs will crush your weak no interior d"' mavs do the math 4-1 spurs over mavs this time around 100% healthy. You guys have no answer for healthy manu never have either, manu has always been a mavs killer when healthy. And no we have mcdyess, ratliff, who have both proven to shut dirk down many times defensively and can stay with him on d"" and are both very quick to guard dirk have already proven this many times, and both physically wear dirk down with their rugged physical defense, on dirk, i've witnessed this many times, now the're both on the spurs"'s smothering d'' oucchh'' this yr will be a long yr for dirk being guarded by these two proven bruisers''. And add ian mahinmi who blocked dirk three times last yr in the few min he played vs the mavs an gives dirk trouble too. Dejuan blair will be a beast"' when gives dirk problems too, with a 7-0"' wing span, at only 6-7 a leaps like a grasshopper above the rim'". I haven't even talked about haislip and duncan yet when they destroy dirk on d'" and offense, add that up to 7 big guys on our front line who are physical brusiers, vs the mavs"' frontline of only 4 damp, diop, humphries, and gooden good luck with that mavs fans". And our bench is deeper, more physical too, our three guards are all young with parker leading the way at only 26, followed by hill at 22, and much improved, then this yr there's also, jerry mclinton, new rookie from miami who is know defensive stopper at only 6-1" and shoots 47% from behind the arc. All young' good luck mavs this yr vs us you'll need it with an aging kidd, terry and ross, only barrea is much younger lol'". Yeah re

Killakobe81
09-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Have to agree with HATER , here I dont believe Portland is better than th enuggs or Mavs in a playoff series.Regular season? Maybe ..but i dont see all the hype theyare getting. at my fantasy draft 2 lakers fans were arguing with me how they would hate to face Portland in a playoff series and we cant win in the ROse garden even though we have won their multiple time in the playoffs. Portland is a good young talented team but i would take veteran Laker, Spur or mavs over them. nuggs also have great talent and have actually won some playoff series

Agloco
09-07-2009, 08:20 PM

:lmao

So no one's gotten any better except LA eh? Homer.