PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have advice on how to watch the Spurs?

El Jefe
09-02-2009, 06:03 PM
I currently have internet through Time Warner, but I am not currently subscribing to cable. By the time the season starts, I'd like to be able to receive ESPN, FSSW, and to a lesser extent TNT in order to watch the Spurs. However, I'm not at all interested in paying $50 a month for digital cable for essentially 3 channels. Anyone have any advice on (legal) means to save some money here and still catch the majority of Spurs games?

Solid D
09-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I prefer to watch them from floor level behind the baskets.

On tv, the cheapest method is go to a friend's house or slingbox with someone.

El Jefe
09-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Let's assume that if I'm too cheap to pay for cable, I'm probably too cheap to buy season tickets. Even if that wasn't the case, that'd get me 41 games under my belt, how do I get the other 41?

I've thought about the sling box route, but my experience with the quality of the video hasn't been the greatest on those. That's my last resort, but right now it's looking most likely.

Thompson
09-02-2009, 06:52 PM
If you have high speed internet service you could subscribe to League Pass Broadband for around $100. I get almost all of the games (they black out games that are nationally televised on ESPN, ABC, or NBATV). Since I get all those channels but NBATV, I watch most games on my computer or TV and go to a sports bar for the rest.

El Jefe
09-02-2009, 06:58 PM
If you have high speed internet service you could subscribe to League Pass Broadband for around $100. I get almost all of the games (they black out games that are nationally televised on ESPN, ABC, or NBATV). Since I get all those channels but NBATV, I watch most games on my computer or TV and go to a sports bar for the rest.

Oh are they offering that a la carte now? I had that a few years ago and didn't mind it, but at the time you could only get it with the full League Pass subscription. I'll have to check that out, thanks for the tip.

rayray2k8
09-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Go to a sports bar and watch the games there if you don't feel like paying anything.

DPG21920
09-02-2009, 07:00 PM
If you live in SA, getting LP to watch the Spurs would be pointless. If you live outside of SA, that is a cheap option.

As for the national games, just go to your local bar or friends place with cable. If you live in SA, just go to any bar or restaurant and watch the games.

Grundle
09-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Preferably with a cold beer in hand, surrounded by other Spurs fans.

angelbelow
09-02-2009, 08:01 PM
A popular sporst bar would do, or if youre in vegas you can goto the sports book. otherwise you can pay for cheap nose bleed seats.

Knoxxx
09-02-2009, 09:47 PM
I agree with the local sports bar option if you live in S.A. or anywhere that has league pass and shows lots of Spurs games (probably have to be Texas). If you really need to cut costs, smuggle in a fifth of Jack, order a huge coke and where I go they even give free refills on sodas. If you are really in dire straits financially, pack a sandwich. Go to the bathroom and spike your drink and you are good to go...

cherylsteele
09-03-2009, 12:58 AM
With your eyes open??:D

Nathan Explosion
09-03-2009, 01:37 AM
My apartment complex includes standard cable (70 something channels) with the rent. Not a bad deal really. Sports bar is the way to go, but if you're into drinking, it's not all that cheap when the night is done.

xellos88330
09-03-2009, 04:08 AM
go to sports bars to watch the games

howbouthemspurs
09-03-2009, 04:39 AM
Watch it mexican style..........which is illegally!