PDA

View Full Version : What kind of player is RJ?

Hooks
09-02-2009, 09:51 PM
I've never paid any attention to how he plays, I've seen a few highlights of him driving it in and dunking it but that's it. I was searching for highlights of him with the Bucks but I couldn't find any (I only searched on youtube). I have the Spurs-Nets DVD somewhere but that was years ago so I didn't bother watching it.

How does he score most of his points? Does drive it in a lot? Is he one of those guys who can knock down 3's with a hand in his face?

If you had to compare him to someone else in the NBA who would it be? Please help me try to get an idea of how he plays :P

Solid D
09-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Well, I would consider him a good team-oriented basketball player. He's athletic and a good ball handler. He is a smart player who understands spacing. He's unselfish with good passing skills out of doubles, traps, screen/rolls, in transition, ball reversals and skips over rotating perimeter defenders.

I'd classify RJ as a slasher with good finishing skills. He can initiate an offense, if needed and he can take the ball at the top of the key with drive and kick skills. He's not one of the great shooters but he can score when he's open. He defends pretty well with fairly quick feet and good size. He tends to cheat and relax a bit much on weakside D, so hopefully Pop will firm that up a bit.

EricB
09-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Well, I would consider him a good team-oriented basketball player. He's athletic and a good ball handler. He is a smart player who understands spacing. He's unselfish with good passing skills out of doubles, traps, screen/rolls, in transition, ball reversals and skips over rotating perimeter defenders.

I'd classify RJ as a slasher with good finishing skills. He can initiate an offense, if needed and he can take the ball at the top of the key with drive and kick skills. He's not one of the great shooters but he can score when he's open. He defends pretty well with fairly quick feet and good size. He tends to cheat and relax a bit much on weakside D, so hopefully Pop will firm that up a bit.

In other words.

EXACTLY, what the doctor ordered for the Spurs.

Manufan909
09-02-2009, 11:50 PM

Fuck, can you do that for all Spurs players/prospects/possible targets???

Do Blair!!!:worthy:

Solid D
09-03-2009, 12:06 AM
can you do that for all Spurs players/prospects/possible targets???

I don't know about that. Who's got the time to sit down and do that, anyway? Current players aren't a problem...not that I want to do that right now.

Do Blair!!!

Why don't we give him some time in the pros first?

Based on his college performance...and a little summer league, I'd say he's one relentless, physical inside presence with a nose for the ball. An achiever with a great attitude. Needs to learn the game at both ends of the floor before he can become a complete NBA player.

Darkwaters
09-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Solid D is clutch.