PDA

View Full Version : Mexicans working hard for their money. White man nowhere to be found.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2009, 10:00 AM
So I had to make a little trip on Tuesday to a small town about 45 minutes away. We hit up this little Mexican Restaurant for lunch. The service was fucking insane. Every few minutes someone came buy to refill salsa, chips or drinks. It wasn't always the waitress either. It was an all around team effort. This place was packed top to bottom with customers and it was well after the lunch rush. To begin with I couldn't believe that they even needed a staff of 30 or so in such a small town. Anyway the food was great the service was awesome I give it a 5 out of 5.

So as we were leaving I ran into an oil field worker that I've done business with a bunch of times. Told him I loved the place. He said the big secret is that they drop all of the tip money in one jar and split up between the entire staff at the end of the day. No surprise that not a single white person worked there. No way whitey splits anything. Its also entirely possible that half to none of them were legal. All around this was a good example of a good Mexican team effort.

The End.

PS because I know you people will ask. I think the name of the place is Taqueria El Jalisiense

rjv
09-03-2009, 10:03 AM
So I had to make a little trip on Tuesday to a small town about 45 minutes away. We hit up this little Mexican Restaurant for lunch. The service was fucking insane. Every few minutes someone came buy to refill salsa, chips or drinks. It wasn't always the waitress either. It was an all around team effort. This place was packed top to bottom with customers and it was well after the lunch rush. To begin with I couldn't believe that they even needed a staff of 30 or so in such a small town. Anyway the food was great the service was awesome I give it a 5 out of 5.

So as we were leaving I ran into an oil field worker that I've done business with a bunch of times. Told him I loved the place. He said the big secret is that they drop all of the tip money in one jar and split up between the entire staff at the end of the day. No surprise that not a single white person worked there. No way whitey splits anything. Its also entirely possible that half to none of them were legal. All around this was a good example of a good Mexican team effort.

The End.

PS because I know you people will ask. I think the name of the place is Taqueria El Jalisiense

not to contribute to any generalizations about ethnic groups here but i do know lots of legal first generation mexican americans and they will often work hard as hell, save lots of money and build their own homes and fix their own cars.

Dr. Gonzo
09-03-2009, 10:03 AM
What town?

hater
09-03-2009, 10:04 AM
mexicans work hard. sky is blue.

JudynTX
09-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Yea, but how were the tortillas?

CosmicCowboy
09-03-2009, 10:07 AM
I'll have to stop there next time I go to the coast. I never have a hard time getting a table in those places when I wear my lucky cap but for some reason all the kitchen help runs out the back door when I sit down.

http://www.nglmwr.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/flexfitcap.jpg

BacktoBasics
09-03-2009, 10:08 AM
What town?Alice

BacktoBasics
09-03-2009, 10:09 AM
not to contribute to any generalizations about ethnic groups but that's what this thread is all about.

I. Hustle
09-03-2009, 10:10 AM
When I went the service was horrible. I walked out and took a pic of the waiters.
http://kickingtheanthillblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/siesta.jpg

Evil Angel
09-03-2009, 10:11 AM
I'll have to stop there next time I go to the coast. I never have a hard time getting a table in those places when I wear my lucky cap but for some reason all the kitchen help runs out the back door when I sit down.

:lol:lol:lol
That's good.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2009, 10:13 AM
When I went the service was horrible. I walked out and took a pic of the waiters.
http://kickingtheanthillblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/siesta.jpg
That looks like my father in laws backyard on a sunday.

lebomb
09-03-2009, 10:13 AM
................ I wonder how the service would have been if bruvas would have been running that joint?

:yield

dickface
09-03-2009, 10:17 AM
At most any store, but specifically Wal-Mart, when I'm ready to check out, I will never ever get into the line of a cashier that is black. I will find the checkout line of a Mexican cashier that is twice as long as the black cashier's line and get in that one instead. And still end up out the door faster than if I was in the line half as long.

Drachen
09-03-2009, 10:18 AM

I used to work at Saltgrass on Donella Dr. and the guy who came to service and repair our dishwasher was always wearing an INS cap. He said it made for some funny repair trips especially since he always came through the back door of the restaurant. It was pure awesome.

JudynTX
09-03-2009, 10:18 AM
The tortillas must have sucked, cause BtoB isn't answering me. :lol

BacktoBasics
09-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Yea, but how were the tortillas?I didn't even see this post.

Actually they were good. We had both kinds. The flour were thin, soft and a little buttery. The corn were homemade style. Thicker and larger than store bought. The wife ordered Caldo so the thicker corn tortillas worked well in the soup.

JudynTX
09-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I didn't even see this post.

Actually they were good. We had both kinds. The flour were thin, soft and a little buttery. The corn were homemade style. Thicker and larger than store bought. The wife ordered Caldo so the thicker corn tortillas worked well in the soup.

:tu Make or break deals for me, must have good tortillas.

ashbeeigh
09-03-2009, 12:10 PM
and you all call me racist. fuck all of you.

phyzik
09-03-2009, 12:25 PM
and you all call me racist. fuck all of you.

QFT

Im white and it seems like all my hispanic friends (in fact, I only have 1 white friend now that I think about it) are always bumming off me and I have no fucking problem with sharing what I have. Hell, I took in a family into my own house and all they pay is half the utility and cable bill.

phxspurfan
09-03-2009, 12:35 PM
How much did you tip?

marini martini
09-03-2009, 12:37 PM
QFT

Im white and it seems like all my hispanic friends (in fact, I only have 1 white friend now that I think about it) are always bumming off me and I have no fucking problem with sharing what I have. Hell, I took in a family into my own house and all they pay is half the utility and cable bill.

Mighty white of you!!!:toast

Dr. Gonzo
09-03-2009, 12:50 PM
QFT

Fucking racist.

manufan10
09-03-2009, 12:50 PM
:lmao

BacktoBasics
09-03-2009, 01:04 PM
How much did you tip?8 dollars on a 21 dollar bill.

mouse
09-03-2009, 01:11 PM
xW8oSRSzS7M

mrsmaalox
09-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I'd probably drive that far for some decent Mexican food. I was in Albuquerque this weekend and their food is almost as bad as San Antonio's :(

Phenomanul
09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I've been at this restaurant... the service is great... and the food is good... can't comment on the ethnic comments though...

DarkReign
09-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Whitey = Devil

ashbeeigh
09-03-2009, 01:28 PM
I'd probably drive that far for some decent Mexican food. I was in Albuquerque this weekend and their food is almost as bad as San Antonio's :(

You didn't see the hottie I told you about?

mrsmaalox
09-03-2009, 01:38 PM
You didn't see the hottie I told you about?

There were no hotties among Amare Stoudemire and his posse---just lots of bling and headphones and sunglasses.

ashbeeigh
09-03-2009, 01:43 PM
There were no hotties among Amare Stoudemire and his posse---just lots of bling and headphones and sunglasses.

:madrun That was your only mission while you were there...to find him!

Lance
09-03-2009, 02:23 PM
If there is one thing I can't stand is racist's! What is your problem with Mexicans? It's not like they are ######s!

ashbeeigh
09-03-2009, 02:24 PM
If there is one thing I can't stand is racist's! What is your problem with Mexicans? It's not like they are ######s!

I can't stand people with bad grammar either.

BacktoBasics
09-03-2009, 02:31 PM
I just want to point out that this thread really was designed to glamorize the work ethic of potential immigrants in relation to spoiled white people (sup Ash).

Dr. Gonzo
09-03-2009, 02:34 PM
I just want to point out that this thread really was designed to glamorize the work ethic of potential immigrants in relation to spoiled white people (sup Ash).

brj2UkUPjCI

BacktoBasics
09-03-2009, 02:36 PM
brj2UkUPjCI:toast

IronMexican
09-03-2009, 02:37 PM

hahah.

I. Hustle
09-03-2009, 02:43 PM
hahah.

You can't respond. This is in regards to hard working Mexicans. Everyone knows that California Mexicans are lazy as shit.

Lance
09-03-2009, 02:47 PM
I can't stand people with bad grammar either.

u9_kahA_wQo

IronMexican
09-03-2009, 02:51 PM
You can't respond. This is in regards to hard working Mexicans. Everyone knows that California Mexicans are lazy as shit.

I'd rather smoke some bud and drink a 40 than work. Can't argue that.

Abraham Quintanilla
09-03-2009, 02:52 PM
NZI4zIsXSr4

ashbeeigh
09-03-2009, 02:57 PM

:lol jackass. I'm not that spoiled.

coyotes_geek
09-03-2009, 02:59 PM
I call BS on this whole story. Everyone knows that if you want good mexican food you have to find a place where a bunch of white people are working.

Bigzax
09-03-2009, 03:32 PM
people work hard because they have to, not because they want to.

The Final Countdown
09-04-2009, 12:11 AM
brj2UkUPjCI

/thread

angel_luv
09-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Alice

My uncle lives there. I will try the restaurant the next time I go visit him.

WildcardManu
09-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I call BS on this whole story. Everyone knows that if you want good mexican food you have to find a place where a bunch of white people are working.

That would be the tasty Taco Cabana for you.

bus driver
09-04-2009, 12:19 PM
8 dollars on a 21 dollar bill.

that is why you had good service, they knew the white man has the money!:rollin (J/K I have no idea if your white or not)

J.T.
09-04-2009, 12:27 PM
This thread reminds me of the time I was driving through Alabama on the way to Tennessee with my brother and we stopped at Taco Bell and it had nothing but black people working inside, then went to KFC across the street and all the beaners were working there. I felt like I was in some kind of fast food Twilight Zone. I'm sure the McDonald's was staffed by whitey but we didn't go there.

Whisky Dog
09-04-2009, 12:30 PM
I used to drive through there all the time when my parents lived in the valley. Would like to try it sometime.

samikeyp
09-04-2009, 02:07 PM

If you can't find good Mexican food in San Antonio, then you are a dumbass.

gatoloco
09-04-2009, 02:36 PM

give her a chance mike!

so maalox...what sets the standard for you as far as top notch mexican food?

J.T.
09-04-2009, 06:05 PM
give her a chance mike!

so maalox...what sets the standard for you as far as top notch mexican food?

Sounds like Taco Cabana to me.

Nbadan
09-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Shiiiiii.........go to Mi Tierra any night of the week, the only white person in the place runs the cash register....

benefactor
09-04-2009, 08:52 PM
This thread reminds me of the time I was driving through Alabama on the way to Tennessee with my brother and we stopped at Taco Bell and it had nothing but black people working inside, then went to KFC across the street and all the beaners were working there. I felt like I was in some kind of fast food Twilight Zone. I'm sure the McDonald's was staffed by whitey but we didn't go there.
Sounds like the kick ass Chinese buffet here. There are a bunch of zippers at the register but every single person that come out of the kitchen to refill the food was Mexican. Figure that one out.

Sense
09-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I have to say... I'm Mexican.. and I feel driven to work as hard as my parents and family has and feel really proud when I do.

Now as far as Whitey's... I actually have found that White people work harder than black people... at least where I'm working at now.

I'm not trying to be racist... but even they say it. They try to find whatever excuse to delay or stop working... and they complain quite alot.

I've been in charge of training this white guy and so far we have smoked everyone else.
There are some exceptions though...

mojorizen7
09-05-2009, 01:43 AM
It's called work ethic.............not work ethnic.
There's no relation between the two.
:downspin:

nuclearfm
09-22-2009, 12:58 PM
I just called ICE and let them know they have a problem at this location. Thank you for your help.

Obstructed_View
09-25-2009, 09:29 AM
If you can't find good Mexican food in Albuquerque, then you are a dumbass.

Amended for accuracy.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-25-2009, 11:01 AM

Same thing with ABQ. Maalox, where did you eat in ABQ? If you hit the tourist spots, no wonder you were disappointed. There are some awesome New Mexican restaurants if you know where to go.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-25-2009, 11:04 AM
BTW, from my experience, no one works harder than a Mexican immigrant, but they can become some lazy mofos once they're Americanized.

to21
09-25-2009, 11:24 AM
This thread reminds me of the time I was driving through Alabama on the way to Tennessee with my brother and we stopped at Taco Bell and it had nothing but black people working inside, then went to KFC across the street and all the beaners were working there. I felt like I was in some kind of fast food Twilight Zone. I'm sure the McDonald's was staffed by whitey but we didn't go there.Wow, stealing a joke from Carlos Mencia who stole that joke from someone else.