PDA

View Full Version : What day is the first playoff game?

Sec24Row7
04-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Have they announced the first round Schedule?

Obviously we have no idea who we are playing, but the first game is usually the night of the River Parade and I always miss it. Was wondering if it is going to be the same this year?

SpursWoman
04-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Game 1 - Sunday, May 1st

Game 2 - Monday, May 2nd.

At least that's what it says on my tickets. A playoff back-2-back? :wtf :fro

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 09:55 AM
That's strange. I think the playoffs start of the 24th.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 09:56 AM
I just looked it up on the NBA.com media site. Round 1 starts on the 23rd. But I don't know if the Spurs will play the 23rd or the 24th.

SpursWoman
04-11-2005, 10:11 AM
I was thinking that maybe those are generic dates...but my account rep said that we couldn't post them for sale on the ticketexchange until a date was determined, and those are the dates listed....so I dunno.

:fro

TDfan2007
04-11-2005, 10:14 AM
:wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf :wtf

where is the link on spurs.com to buy playoff tix?

timvp
04-11-2005, 10:26 AM
The NBA usually always has the Spurs playing Saturday and Monday as the first two games of the playoffs. I wish the first two games were the 1st and 2nd (that would be like a week and a half of rest), but I'm certain the playoffs start on that Saturday.

P.S.

SW, you're not going to the first two game?!?! Tell User that you have to make it or else you are going to make him mow the lawn next time.

:)

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 10:39 AM
I hope they do not play on Sat the 30th.

I will be in Arlington at the RedSox-Rangers game that night.

I will be pissed if I miss a Spurs playoff game.

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 10:40 AM
The NBA usually always has the Spurs playing Saturday and Monday as the first two games of the playoffs. I wish the first two games were the 1st and 2nd (that would be like a week and a half of rest), but I'm certain the playoffs start on that Saturday.

P.S.

SW, you're not going to the first two game?!?! Tell User that you have to make it or else you are going to make him mow the lawn next time.

timvp, that is because the NBA always put their cash cow Lakers on the premier Friday-Sunday slot.

No LA this year, so perhaps the Spurs will get that Friday -Sunday slot.

SpursWoman
04-11-2005, 11:19 AM
where is the link on spurs.com to buy playoff tix?

Ticket Exchange (http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=spurs)

That's where you can buy season ticketholder tickets for the playoffs....they're on sale at Ticketmaster too, I think (but the seats are usually better on the TicketExchange).

P.S.

:lol

We're going to Game 1 for sure.....Game 2 I don't know yet. It's hard to go on school nights these days. :(

User bought 2 extra seats besides mine for the entire playoffs...so when we're in the Finals and the games are on a school night, they can just bring a pillow.

Slomo
04-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Game 1 - Sunday, May 1st

Game 2 - Monday, May 2nd.

At least that's what it says on my tickets. A playoff back-2-back? :wtf :fro

Aaaaaaaargghhhhh!

*grabs chest and falls down in pain*

My ticket says April 27th - that's my return plane ticket!

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Slomo -- the playoffs start the 23rd. You'll be okay.

davi78239
04-11-2005, 12:36 PM
i hope the spurs first playoff game is on Sun. 24, they can get at least just one more day of rest after this grueling schedule!

Slomo
04-11-2005, 12:48 PM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif

Rummpd
04-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Pray for Cleveland to get out of the playoffs, I do not want to see James all the time period.

SpursWoman
04-11-2005, 12:49 PM

Okay....next time I'll pay attention to the BRIGHT RED warning that says the dates and times aren't accurate yet....and actually look at my tickets.

:oops

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Yeah, they must have just put generic dates. I looked it up in like 10 places and it all says the playoffs start the 23rd, but it hasn't been announced yet what day the Spurs will start exactly (23 or 24).

SpursWoman
04-11-2005, 12:54 PM
But thank you guys anyway for making me pay attention....I had all 4 seats for sale game 2 because I can't go on a Monday night.

baseline bum
04-11-2005, 02:38 PM
I actually think the Spurs get the Sunday game this year... especially if they face Houston. Sacramento isn't exciting anymore. No one's going to tune in to see Seattle. Obvioulsy Dallas will get a Sunday game, but I doubt Phoenix-Memphis would get picked ahead of SA-Houston or even SA-Denver. If the Spurs get the 1 seed they're guaranteed to get the Saturday game though, because then Phoenix would be playing Houston or Denver most likely.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2005, 03:05 PM
The guys that schedule the playoffs are gonna be totally lost this year...no Lakers or Knicks to book into the marquee time slots...and if the Nets bump The Cleveland LeBron's out of the playoffs they might just commit hari-kari...

Shelly
04-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Okay....next time I'll pay attention to the BRIGHT RED warning that says the dates and times aren't accurate yet....and actually look at my tickets.

:oops

See??? Red IS stressful!

SpursWoman
04-11-2005, 03:26 PM
See??? Red IS stressful!

:lmao

1Parker1
04-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Are the games being broadcasted on TNT and then on ABC on the weekends? I think that's what they did last year...