PDA

View Full Version : Defense stats are getting hammered.

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 10:34 AM
The last 2 games have killed our points allowed defense ....it is up past 88 per...and Detroit is within striking distance.

TD will be pissed at this.

But our offensive stats have improved.

:)

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 10:35 AM
The Spurs miss Rasho defensively.

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 10:36 AM
The good news is the magic number to clinch the division and 2 seed is 1.

SLOVENIAN 8
04-11-2005, 10:39 AM
The Spurs miss Rasho defensively.

and TD

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 10:40 AM
and TD

That goes without saying.

timvp
04-11-2005, 10:43 AM
The last 2 games have killed our points allowed defense

:lol

I was thinking about that too. Over the last two games, the points allowed number probably rose a full point. :rollin

Lonestar
04-11-2005, 10:44 AM
Yes, defensive stats have suffered but heart points have to be way up. This team is getting mentally and physically tougher with every win. This is great to see heading into the playoffs. The pressure of holding on to that number 1 seed is finally starting to affect the Suns. If we can just get our injured personnel back on the court even just for limited minutes I think we'll be in great shape. Though injuries are detrimental at least the they allow the players to rest.

Dex
04-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the board, Lonestar. Always nice to have another good poster.

Rummpd
04-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Who cares, wins are what count more now.

Dex
04-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Spurs fans were so hyped up about this team at the beginning of the season that I think they will be dissapointed if they don't set SOME kind of record. :blah

Personally, I'd rather have a new banner.

Obstructed_View
04-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Yep, better to be healthy and playing well once the playoffs start, although it's fun to put a little fear into Phoenix.

Lonestar
04-11-2005, 11:03 AM
The hype has died down and that seems like a good thing. This team may have some problems but I think experience may take us all the way to another banner or 3 (Southwest, West and Champeenchip).

spurster
04-11-2005, 11:29 AM
It's good to win, but the defense has backslided. We're seeing now just how good a defensive player TD really is.

SLOVENIAN 8
04-11-2005, 11:49 AM
It's good to win, but the defense has backslided. We're seeing now just how good a defensive player TD really is.

and RASHO

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Speaking of defense, the Spuirs need to get Mickael Pietrus on their team when Bowen retires. He plays great one on one D, and he is also a buddy of TPs. I really like his game.

timvp, can the Spurs get this guy when his contract is up in San Francisco?

GoSpurs21
04-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I think the Spurs could careless what the final points allowed per game is. They have more important items to concentrate on:
1) getting players healthy for the playoffs
2) getting new players more comfortable in defense and offense schemes

It's good to win, but the defense has backslided. We're seeing now just how good a defensive player TD really is.couldnt disagree more with this statement, what the defense has been showing lately is that it takes more than 1/2 season to learn the Spurs complex defense and all the new bigs are still getting used to playing it. Tony's main function is to channel players to the bigs waiting in the paint. If the new bigs are not playing good help defense, then Tony's man is free to score. Just goes to show how much Spurs rely on a tandum of bigs playing solid help defense to stop points in the paint.

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Speaking of defense, the Spuirs need to get Mickael Pietrus on their team when Bowen retires. He plays great one on one D, and he is also a buddy of TPs. I really like his game.

He's really good friends with Tony, but his contract isn't up til the summer of 2008.

boutons
04-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Pietrus has also had some great offensive games, like 6/6 3G's a couple games agio.

Just like our favorite, local Frenchman, it's taken Mickael a couple years to arrive at his NBA potential, but arriving he certainly is.

San Francisco? :)

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 12:37 PM
He's really good friends with Tony, but his contract isn't up til the summer of 2008.

:depressed

timvp
04-11-2005, 12:38 PM

Spurs won't have cap space again in the Tim Duncan era, so probably not.

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Spurs won't have cap space again in the Tim Duncan era, so probably not.

we can trade Marks, Wilks, and Robinson for him.

and I would even throw in the Coyote too.

:spin

whottt
04-11-2005, 12:44 PM
But our offensive stats have improved.

Actually alot of our offensive stats are getting hammered too...our PPG has gone up..but our FG% is plummeting and our APG totals are declining also. We aren't shooting at a very high PCT these days...and we are taking a ton of shots.

I'll still trade the stats for the OT wins though...any day of the week...

We already set all the defensive records there are to set...in previous seasons.

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Actually alot of our offensive stats are getting hammered too...our PPG has gone up..but our FG% is plummeting and our APG totals are declining also. We aren't shooting at a very high PCT these days...and we are taking a ton of shots.

That must have improved our rebounding then...and our turnovers...so all is not lost

whottt
04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
I am not sure about our rebounding...but yeah I think our TO's are way down...I think our FT PCT might be up too.

leemajors
04-11-2005, 12:49 PM
you don't play for stats, you play to win the game.

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 12:55 PM
you don't play for stats, you play to win the game.

really?

thanks for that.