PDA

View Full Version : Ducks' RB Blount... wow

DMX7
09-04-2009, 12:25 AM
It deserves its own thread. that was crazy.

Horry For 3!
09-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah, he'll be suspended for awhile.

Fpoonsie
09-04-2009, 01:36 AM
:wow

What a jackass.

DMX7
09-04-2009, 01:42 AM
I think the Boise State player did actually start it but obviously you can't punch him in the face. Maybe just shove him back to let him know you're not taking shit from him.

Ghazi
09-04-2009, 01:47 AM
I thought it was cool. I'm sure DoK will too as it was a white player getting hit.

benefactor
09-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Once again ducks and ignorance find thier way to each other.

Kermit
09-04-2009, 08:13 AM
I fail to see what the big deal is. If you don't want to get hit, don't walk up to a guy, hit him in the shoylder, and start talking shit. And especially don't do it after a hard fought football game between two oppponents who hate each other. He's lucky the guy didn't go all Miami Hurricanes on his ass.

vander
09-04-2009, 08:49 AM
I hope he doesn't get suspended for too long, obviously we need Oregon to go undefeated from this point on.

I think I'm more mad at Hout or whoever is was who incited the punch, it seemed that many BSU players and fans were less than classy in victory. :nope

Taco
09-04-2009, 09:10 AM
i_EmVrLFrLs

http://img.fannation.com/upload/si_blog_post_images/41781/boise-punch.jpg

tlongII
09-04-2009, 09:30 AM
At least he scored a knockdown.

BRHornet45
09-04-2009, 09:45 AM
I thought it was cool. I'm sure DoK will too as it was a white player getting hit.

son are you seriously claiming LSU??

Trainwreck2100
09-04-2009, 09:52 AM
son are you seriously claiming LSU??

son why haven't you

BRHornet45
09-04-2009, 10:04 AM
son why haven't you

son I don't even know how to do it on here.

I am surprised that Ghazi is claiming LSU because he hates on everything Louisiana related. I guess he jumped on the bandwagon whenever we started winning national championships.

Ghazi
09-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Not everything Louisiana related; just the Hornets :)

:lol 121-63

BRHornet45
09-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Not everything Louisiana related; just the Hornets :)

:lol 121-63

son what is your connection to LSU then?

Jimcs50
09-04-2009, 10:23 AM
At least he scored a knockdown.

tlong, your teams suck. Can you say over-rated?

Ghazi
09-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Just a casual fan for random reasons not really a die hard. love their marching band, big fan of Saban's defensive schemes and Miles whackiness, big fan of a lot of their players past/present and also got acquainted with a few LSU girls in St. Louis one time who I was pretty fond of ... also, '07 LSU was my favorite team ever to watch! watched every minute that year what a rollercoaster!

Basically a bandwagoner well do somethin about it. :)

Spursfan092120
09-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Looks like the white dude was talking trash before the swing. Oh well...he'll get in trouble for it, I'm sure.

Thunder Dan
09-04-2009, 11:07 AM
I don't see a need to kick him off the team, I'm sure that being in his shoes today is enough punishment

benefactor
09-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Looks like the white dude was talking trash before the swing. Oh well...he'll get in trouble for it, I'm sure.
Yeah...that's a pretty stupid thing to do when you aren't wearing a helmet and the other guy is.

BRHornet45
09-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Just a casual fan for random reasons not really a die hard. love their marching band, big fan of Saban's defensive schemes and Miles whackiness, big fan of a lot of their players past/present and also got acquainted with a few LSU girls in St. Louis one time who I was pretty fond of ... also, '07 LSU was my favorite team ever to watch! watched every minute that year what a rollercoaster!

Basically a bandwagoner well do somethin about it. :)

son no shame in that ... they are a fun team to watch and the fan experience at Tiger Stadium is arguably one of the best (if not the best) in college football. oh and yes the LSU broads are nice too ;)

Extra Stout
09-04-2009, 11:39 AM
If knocking out an opposing player, then punching your own teammate, then going into a blind rage and having to be restrained by five or six people to keep you from attacking fans in the stands, on a nationally televised game, with the Pac-10 commissioner in attendance, in the new coach's first game, after being suspended during the summer for missing workouts and getting kicked out of practices for poor behavior, can't get you kicked off the Oregon football team, then that must be a program with absolutely zero discipline, character, or self-respect.

Also, the Boise State player who started the fracas by touching the Oregon player deserves a suspension.

Kermit
09-04-2009, 11:42 AM
If knocking out an opposing player, then punching your own teammate, then going into a blind rage and having to be restrained by five or six people to keep you from attacking fans in the stands, on a nationally televised game, with the Pac-10 commissioner in attendance, in the new coach's first game, after being suspended during the summer for missing workouts and getting kicked out of practices for poor behavior, can't get you kicked off the Oregon football team, then that must be a program with absolutely zero discipline, character, or self-respect.

Also, the Boise State player who started the fracas by touching the Oregon player deserves a suspension.

The Dusty Dvorachek rules.

coyotes_geek
09-04-2009, 12:01 PM
I like how after punching the guy he tries to look tough while backtracking.

BRHornet45
09-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I like how after punching the guy he tries to look tough while backtracking.

son that is the biggest sign of a "fraud ass bitch" ... see Kenyon Martin, JR Smith, etc. for further examples of people like this.

They talk all the trash in the world whenever they know they are protected (by their boys/teammates). Gotta love how he sucker punched the honky from the side, then ran off acting like a street thug fighting off officials.

Fpoonsie
09-04-2009, 12:15 PM
I actually just re-watched it from another angle (Taco's vid) and am gonna hafta retract my previous criticism of the guy. I didn't realize the BSU player instigated anything beyond simply SAYING something.

That being, um, retracted, his lack of restraint AFTER was fucking ridiculous.

BRHornet45
09-04-2009, 12:25 PM

son that's because he knew the spotlight was on him and he wanted to shine and act hard like they do in the rap videos. thuggin and buggin!

anakha
09-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Well, Blount was talking about an ass-whooping before the game.

Guess he felt he still needed to deliver.

vander
09-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I actually just re-watched it from another angle (Taco's vid) and am gonna hafta retract my previous criticism of the guy. I didn't realize the BSU player instigated anything beyond simply SAYING something.

supposedly Hout just tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention and said "How 'bout that ass whooping?" in reference to Blount's off-season chatter

DMX7
09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I hope he doesn't get suspended for too long, obviously we need Oregon to go undefeated from this point on.

LOL, you're not playing for the national championship. I just don't see that happenning. This Oregon team is overrated and they'll have to fight just for a winning record.

Whisky Dog
09-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Why has there not been an announcement of his departure from the team? How did he not get thrown off as soon as the plane landed in Oregon?

vander
09-04-2009, 01:14 PM
LOL, you're not playing for the national championship. I just don't see that happenning. This Oregon team is overrated and they'll have to fight just for a winning record.

of course not, we're playing for the Fiesta Bowl.
a couple million might be chump change for an SEC team, but it's a lot of money for BSU, money we desperately need to expand the stadium. and I think they have to build a new track facility before they expand the stadium again, something like 18 million that we don't have a penny of yet, because we just added on to the stadium last year. :lol

BRHornet45
09-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Why has there not been an announcement of his departure from the team? How did he not get thrown off as soon as the plane landed in Oregon?

son that is because Oregon is full of far left, liberal hippies .... if anything they will hold a parade for him, give him and his family free health care, and demand that Boise State apologizes for the racist actions of one of their players. I think Al Sharpton should be called in on this ... oh wait, he is too busy milking Michael Jackson's death right now.

Spursfan092120
09-04-2009, 01:18 PM
son that is the biggest sign of a "fraud ass bitch" ... see Kenyon Martin, JR Smith, etc. for further examples of people like this.
Can't believe you would forget to mention Carmelo...

BRHornet45
09-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Can't believe you would forget to mention Carmelo...

son this is true ... I'll never forget his classic "hit and run like a bitch" lol ..

Fpoonsie
09-04-2009, 01:33 PM
supposedly Hout just tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention and said "How 'bout that ass whooping?" in reference to Blount's off-season chatter

Well, FUCK. I'm done tryin to pick a side.

Fillmoe
09-04-2009, 01:40 PM
lol what a stupid fucker

Spurs#1
09-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Did he knock him out cold? That was some funny shit.

I think the lesson is don't talk shit to crazy ass mofo's just cuse u think you're protected.

coyotes_geek
09-04-2009, 02:48 PM

They talk all the trash in the world whenever they know they are protected (by their boys/teammates). Gotta love how he sucker punched the honky from the side, then ran off acting like a street thug fighting off officials.

Got that right.

mardigan
09-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Dumb ass got suspended for the season.

Kermit
09-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Dumb ass got suspended for the season.

Wow. I thought maybe a four game suspension. New guy is pissed. Or Phil Knight.

BlackSwordsMan
09-04-2009, 04:04 PM
send them all back to mexico

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 04:06 PM

Yup....I hate white people (so I hate myself).

Horry For 3!
09-04-2009, 04:22 PM
hahaha dudes suspended for the season, I don't think he will be punching anyone on the field anytime soon.

Can he be redshirted for the year though? I don't know how that works if suspended.

IronMexican
09-04-2009, 04:30 PM
hahaha dudes suspended for the season, I don't think he will be punching anyone on the field anytime soon.

Can he be redshirted for the year though? I don't know how that works if suspended.

What happened to the UNC colors? How fucking gay.

tlongII
09-04-2009, 04:45 PM
tlong, your teams suck. Can you say over-rated?

Aren't you an A&M fan? And you're talking trash to me? :lol

Spursfan092120
09-04-2009, 05:04 PM
son this is true ... I'll never forget his classic "hit and run like a bitch" lol ..
Yup yup...Little Nate Robinson punked his ass out...lol @ :37

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4410889144887288309#

ginobili's bald spot
09-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Wow suspended for the season. Oregon is gonna suck even worse now.

BRHornet45
09-04-2009, 05:18 PM
sons I am shocked the UNIVERSITY (not the NCAA) suspended him for the season. I expected maybe 4-6 games. oh well, counting down the minutes until we see headlines of ... "BREAKING NEWS: REV. AL SHARPTON IS DEMANDING THAT OSU REVERSE THEIR DECISION AND APOLOGIZE!"

DMX7
09-04-2009, 06:02 PM
of course not, we're playing for the Fiesta Bowl.
a couple million might be chump change for an SEC team, but it's a lot of money for BSU, money we desperately need to expand the stadium. and I think they have to build a new track facility before they expand the stadium again, something like 18 million that we don't have a penny of yet, because we just added on to the stadium last year. :lol

Oh, I thought the money went to the conference not all to the University. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe that's just how the BigXII does it.

vander
09-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh, I thought the money went to the conference not all to the University. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe that's just how the BigXII does it.

BSU got the lion's share, I think it was like just under 3 mill. but yeah, the BCS just gives it to the conference, or in the case of a non-BCS team, to all the non-BCS conferences, to divide as they see fit.

Fpoonsie
09-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Yup yup...Little Nate Robinson punked his ass out...lol @ :37

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4410889144887288309#

:rollin

Wow. What a vagina.

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Insult to suspension, in the aftermath of this -5 yard rushing performance last night, Blount is no longer a 1,000 yard rusher for his collegiate career at Oregon, coming in currently at 997.

LMwildcatfanAO!

PGDynasty24
09-04-2009, 08:21 PM
wow what BS. i could see 4-6 but the whole year that is beyond ridiculous I've seen other players do that and not get a year. And the guy who started the fight and taunted the player doesnt get 1 game. Such BS. do we live in 1864 cause that is racist

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 08:33 PM
This is a little overblown. Not like the guy he hit wasn't asking for it.

benefactor
09-04-2009, 08:44 PM
He might have gotten off easier if he hadn't went ballistic after that. This is also his second chance...he has already been in trouble with the team for behavioral issues. Now he punches out an opposing player on national TV? He has no one to blame but himself.

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 08:50 PM
This is a little overblown. Not like the guy he hit wasn't asking for it.

Had he only punched Hout, he'd have been gone three games. Read Extra Stout's post on the first page in the thread. This suspension is for way more than just that one punch, and has to do with more than just the context of that one act...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm too lazy to read it but I'll take your word for it JMJ..........Are you ready to stomp on some central Michigan ass tomorrow?

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm amped! I have like five pounds of wings. I'm going to regret the day on Sunday, but I'll love it tomorrow!

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 09:22 PM

Great post that was made prior to the suspension being handed down. All the facts are here... Awesome!

samikeyp
09-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Arizona will win that game but the QB for Central is pretty good. They won't make it easy, but those poor Michigan kids won't be used to that heat! :)

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 09:34 PM
It'll be interesting to see how the Arizona QB situation plays itself out.

If things transition smoothly and they avoid injury, with Oregon possibly being down and out, third place in the Pac is attainable. Arizona hosts most every winnable game and travels to its hardest, which should help them maximize their wins/losses.

A record of 8-4 could be good enough for third.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm amped! I have like five pounds of wings. I'm going to regret the day on Sunday, but I'll love it tomorrow!

Yeah I just bought my ZonaZoo pass yesterday (could barely afford it, thank god for payday being timed right). Got a party tonight, a pregame party tomorrow, and an after party after we win, Sunday morning is gonna be rough as fuck :lol

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 09:38 PM
You're gonna be dead... This board mourns your loss!

Horry For 3!
09-04-2009, 09:43 PM
What happened to the UNC colors? How fucking gay.

I am a UNC basketball fan, it isn't basketball season anymore. It is football season and I am a UT football fan.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
You're gonna be dead... This board mourns your loss!

Nonsense, the tradition my group has of hitting up IHOP after the Saturday night party at 3 in the morning is the best hangover prevention technique I've ever seen.

samikeyp
nonsense, the tradition my group has of hitting up ihop after the saturday night party at 3 in the morning is the best hangover prevention technique i've ever seen.

+1

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 09:44 PM
I am a UNC basketball fan, it isn't basketball season anymore. It is football season and I am a UT football fan.

And, from what I remember, a semi-Arizona fan for hoops.

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Nonsense, the tradition my group has of hitting up IHOP after the Saturday night party at 3 in the morning is the best hangover prevention technique I've ever seen.

Whatever it takes...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 09:48 PM
A UNC basketball fan and a UT hoops fan?

That like those SoCal fucks who cheer for USC football and UCLA basketball.

redraiderinfiji
09-04-2009, 09:54 PM
people will be talking about this for one week....and forget about it....unless the blount guy does another thing off the field.....

samikeyp
09-04-2009, 09:55 PM

Isn't that illegal in California? :lol

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm teaching with a guy who went to USC for his underdrad and UCLA for his graduate. He doesn't like sports, but that's still weird.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm teaching with a guy who went to USC for his underdrad and UCLA for his graduate. He doesn't like sports, but that's still weird.

Very. I'm 100% positive I'll never be going to ASU for anything.

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Very. I'm 100% positive I'll never be going to ASU for anything.

yeah...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
yeah...

I know people who go to NAU who are ASU football fans and UA basketball fans.....they piss me off like no other.

Horry For 3!
09-04-2009, 10:30 PM

UNC n UT have nothing to do with each other.

Horry For 3!
09-04-2009, 10:31 PM
I've been a fan of UNC since the days of James Worthy, Sam Perkins, Michael Jordan.

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 10:32 PM
I know people who go to NAU who are ASU football fans and UA basketball fans.....they piss me off like no other.

I am at NAU through scholarships, was for undergrad, am for grad... I piss you off :D

UA was too short-sighted to offer me scholly's and I was too poor to pay my own way. But I've been handling my UA fandom in a family of Scum Devils since 1992, so...

Horry For 3!
09-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Now if I rooted for UT football then A&M basketball, then we'd have a problem.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 10:33 PM
No I'm not saying all NAU students piss me off, I'm saying the NAU people who cheer for ASU half the time and UA the other half piss me off.

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh, got ya... I piss off a lot of people by openly cheering for UA over NAU. Don't care... I've been a Wildcat fan since before I knew of NAU and UA rewarded that with my first and only major basketball Title.

I ain't wavering...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Oh, got ya... I piss off a lot of people by openly cheering for UA over NAU. Don't care... I've been a Wildcat fan since before I knew of NAU and UA rewarded that with my first and only major basketball Title.

I ain't wavering...

You shouldn't.....especially with how confident all the players are for basketball. I meant to show this to you, it was Momo Jones' facebook status from a few days ago:

Just Read An Article That Said We Aint Gonna Make The Tourney This Year Cause We Are To Inexperienced And We Aren't The TYpical Arizona Team. Then They Said Nick Isn't Mike Bibby Or Damion Stoudamair and Im Not Gilbert Arenas, The Crazy Thi...ng Is We Aren't Neither Of Them, We Are Lamont Momo Jones And Nick Wise And Thats Who We Are Going To Play Like. I Bet On My Life That This Years Team Will Make The Tourney!!!

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I love Momo... Awesome attitude and he's been tearing it up, both in practice, and with the NY connections for recruiting... Odom and Nunez will both be Momo-aided commits, if/when they commit. Both are top-50 talents in 2010/2011.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 10:52 PM
That's what I've heard......I thought Solo was considered the best recruit so far but Momo's been dominating all their pickup games.

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Momo and Williams are the ones prime to contribute immediately. Hill has the most potential of them all, but needs a bit more time as he's not great at one thing yet.

IronMexican
09-04-2009, 11:24 PM

What I was thinking.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Momo and Williams are the ones prime to contribute immediately. Hill has the most potential of them all, but needs a bit more time as he's not great at one thing yet.

Yeah I see a lot of Josh Howard in him....just a 6'7" athlete who doesn't really do anything horribly/do anything well :lol

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 11:32 PM
The way people are talking, Williams has one-n-done potential. He has a pretty damn high ceiling, I know, but this soon? I hope we get two years... He can be replaced by Sidiki in 2011. Not until then.

dirk4mvp
09-05-2009, 01:13 AM
I've been a fan of UNC since the days of James Worthy, Sam Perkins, Michael Jordan.

You're like 15. You must've been busy watching youtube videos of old games.

Horry For 3!
09-05-2009, 01:17 AM
You're like 15. You must've been busy watching youtube videos of old games.

15? :lmao

dirk4mvp
09-05-2009, 01:19 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Horry For 3!
09-05-2009, 01:20 AM
I am 24 and when I was young I saw games on ESPN Classic and became a fan.

dirk4mvp
09-05-2009, 01:24 AM

I am 24 and when I was young I saw games on ESPN Classic and became a fan.

:lmao

Horry For 3!
09-05-2009, 01:27 AM
:lmao

Which is true, since the days of James Worthy, Sam Perkins and Michael Jordan, that is when is first saw them.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-05-2009, 04:49 AM
The way people are talking, Williams has one-n-done potential. He has a pretty damn high ceiling, I know, but this soon? I hope we get two years... He can be replaced by Sidiki in 2011. Not until then.

Yeah I've heard Dejuan Blair comparisons which I don't get at all......but I'm pretty sure we're in the clear on him staying for 2+ years.

In one of Solomon Hill's facebook statuses (I'm friends with the entire recruiting class on facebook :lol), he talked about how much he planned on improving this season for his sophomore year. When someone responded with a comment asking if Solomon was for sure staying, his response was something along the lines of, "Yeah I am, and I think every other freshman plans on sticking around."

They seem like a pretty tight group of players who might stay in college longer than they would if they weren't such close friends with their teammates. I'm obviously not crowning the 2009-2010 Wildcars two time champions, but we've seen closeness do that. Without the closeness of Horford, Noah, Green and Brewer, Florida probably wins 1 championship and Noah bolts the year he'd be a 1st overall pick.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-05-2009, 04:50 AM
Fortunately I was sober enough to type that.....tomorrow is when the drunkness happens.

Ghazi
09-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Hopefully you won't puke after the 3rd beer this time you ninny cuckold

IronMexican
09-05-2009, 10:48 AM
24 and he's been a fan since the days of MJ and Worthy? You weren't even born in 84.

manufan10
09-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I remember a couple years ago after a high school football game a player took off his helmet and smacked a couple of opposing players in the head with it. Luckily they were all wearing their helmets, but THAT was some crazy stuff.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2009, 07:02 PM
might as well chime in. i think Blount's suspension was unfair and unnecessary. Not nearly enough people were talking about the Boise State player going out of his way to TOUCH and talk shit to Blount. People have been punched for much less. Obviously Blount overreacted, obviously he needs to be punished...to the tune of 4 games.

JMarkJohns
09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
He was suspended for the punch, but suspended for the season because of the greater context and further goings on after the initial punch. Hitting Hout was Blount's third strike since the end of last season, and with open-hand shoving a teammate in the head post-punch, attempting to go into, or pull a fan out of the stands and his subsequent scrum with security, police and coaches on national TV, with this being Kelly's first year as head coach of Oregon and it also being the first year for the current Pac-10 commissioner, the season-long suspension is both deserved and the smart call.

Blount's as big an attitude problem as he is a football talent.

As for Hout, I'd have suspended him for the next game, or at least a half, and been pretty hard on him in practices for his antics. However, he passingly tapped on the shoulder, and uttered a one-line smack talk, and wasn't even reaching the in-game levels of smack talk. He passingly referred to Blount's summer smack talk about delivering an ass-whoopin to Boise, turned and got sucker-punched.

He was stupid for talking shit with his helmet off, and he shouldn't have riled Blount at that time, but Hout account for like 25% of the problem, and, while it can't be proven, if a brief mention to Blount from a player caused physical violence and insanity towards everyone around him, then you will not convince me Blount, without having been provoked by Hout, would have simply walked past the crowd of obnoxious Boise fans saying the same stuff or worse without flipping out similarly.

Long post, but Blount was very deserving of his punishment within the greater context, and while it sucks, clearly he was a hot-head and problem for the coaches already, and likely would have faced similar issues at some point/multiple points throughout the year.

Now Oregon can just move on. Blount stays on scholarship so he can still practice and use the facilities, as well as (possibly) finish his degree before focusing on the NFL prep.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2009, 07:51 PM
He was suspended for the punch, but suspended for the season because of the greater context and further goings on after the initial punch. Hitting Hout was Blount's third strike since the end of last season, and with open-hand shoving a teammate in the head post-punch, attempting to go into, or pull a fan out of the stands and his subsequent scrum with security, police and coaches on national TV, with this being Kelly's first year as head coach of Oregon and it also being the first year for the current Pac-10 commissioner, the season-long suspension is both deserved and the smart call.

Blount's as big an attitude problem as he is a football talent.

As for Hout, I'd have suspended him for the next game, or at least a half, and been pretty hard on him in practices for his antics. However, he passingly tapped on the shoulder, and uttered a one-line smack talk, and wasn't even reaching the in-game levels of smack talk. He passingly referred to Blount's summer smack talk about delivering an ass-whoopin to Boise, turned and got sucker-punched.

He was stupid for talking shit with his helmet off, and he shouldn't have riled Blount at that time, but Hout account for like 25% of the problem, and, while it can't be proven, if a brief mention to Blount from a player caused physical violence and insanity towards everyone around him, then you will not convince me Blount, without having been provoked by Hout, would have simply walked past the crowd of obnoxious Boise fans saying the same stuff or worse without flipping out similarly.

Long post, but Blount was very deserving of his punishment within the greater context, and while it sucks, clearly he was a hot-head and problem for the coaches already, and likely would have faced similar issues at some point/multiple points throughout the year.

Now Oregon can just move on. Blount stays on scholarship so he can still practice and use the facilities, as well as (possibly) finish his degree before focusing on the NFL prep.

i saw the after party, as well. but i didn't know it was his third strike...? thats completely different. what had he done?

JMarkJohns
09-07-2009, 07:54 PM
He had already been suspended from practice and the team for constantly missing or being late to practice/attitude issues.

Blount started this entire bad-blood feud by telling Sports Illustrated Oregon owed Boise State and ass-whoopin'. Had he not run his mouth, Hout has nothing to run his over, and the situation is aoided entirely.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2009, 08:11 PM
He had already been suspended from practice and the team for constantly missing or being late to practice/attitude issues.

Blount started this entire bad-blood feud by telling Sports Illustrated Oregon owed Boise State and ass-whoopin'. Had he not run his mouth, Hout has nothing to run his over, and the situation is aoided entirely.

i see. well, that makes sense then. as for him telling SI Oregon owed them an ass-whoopin'...i have no problem with that. neither here nor there.

JMarkJohns
09-08-2009, 01:49 PM
I only bring up what Blount said because so many are getting pissed at what Hout said, which was based entirely upon what Blount had said. In my opinion, can't get upset with the latter without getting upset with the former for starting it. He was stupid for doing it without his helmet on specifically, and dumb for doing it in general, but he talked trash back to a player who talked trash first on a national stage. It was poor timing, and for that I would have sat him for a half of the next game, but Blount clearly was looking for a reason to be pissed if, "How 'bout that ass-whoopin'?!" got his goat that badly.