PDA

View Full Version : Never would of happened.....

jcrod
04-11-2005, 11:45 AM
The Spurs without David Robinson would've collapsed, like they did when he broke his foot.

But not this team, we still have a shot at the number one seed after loosing 5 straight games (now 7-2) without TD. Sure they struggled a bit at the beginning, now they're learning to play to their other strengths, their guards. Manu was unbelivable against Clippers (leading scorer to 4 of the spurs W's).

TP followed an impressive game against the Clips to an even more impressive showing against the Warriors.
This guy went against a top 3 PG and wouldn't let himself get out played. I think TP was having flashbacks of Marbury and said :cuss this shit isn't going to happen again. He showed the nads that nobody said he had, he carried this team like no other Spurs PG has before. I think most of our concerns (endurance, heart and clutchness) have been answered. Just needs to be more consistent. But when you have three legitimate all stars, its hard to be aggressive/on everynight.

Back to DRob.

That just goes to show how good DR was. He never had a supporting cast, but he made everybody that much better. Obviously TD does too, but not like DR. He made Sean and Avery look so good, they got/getting their jerseys retired with the Spurs. You put a healthy in his prime DR with this team, and they're even more scarier. Wow we are lucky to have both these guys play for the Spurs.

It's good to be a Spurs Fan.
:drunk :hat

exstatic
04-11-2005, 01:29 PM
If David had a guard corps on the level of Tony and Manu, I can GUARANTEE you that Chicago never wins all of those 6 titles in 8 years. He would have retired with a Kerr-sized fistful of rings.

Lonestar
04-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Dave was great and so is Tim. Y'all are right about the supporting cast too. They're relatively young but experienced and I think they're realizing that they have as much skill as any team in the league (even with so many starters on the bench). They could be damn scary at full strengh in the playoffs.

kskonn
04-11-2005, 02:18 PM
I agree he made the likes of Avery, JJ, vinny look good, but sean was good. That is one guy the spurs had been trying to fully replace for a while. He was the one guy on the team that did not need David Robinson to get his shots, don't get me wrong it helped get him a lot of those three balls in the corner. However his strength was creating his own shot and taking guys baseline off of the dribble, he possibly had the quickesty first step in the leauge during his prime. Ginobli has now stepped in to the roll that Sean used to fill.