PDA

View Full Version : Will Van Jones be fired? Or will he quit?

Pages : [1] 2

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Discuss.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 09:48 AM
The racist pig should be fired.

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 10:31 AM
what's he done to lose his job? Anything job related? Or is this one of those conservative paranoia things?

Wild Cobra
09-04-2009, 10:40 AM
what's he done to lose his job? Anything job related? Or is this one of those conservative paranoia things?
Good question. I dislike him, but he's perfect for running with Obama's cronies. Why would he quit or get fired?

SnakeBoy
09-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I think Obama will toss him overboard. If he did to his pastor of 20 years, Van Jones doesn't stand a chance.

GGA, Really? Your going to defend the truther, self avowed communist, racist czar?:lol

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
I think Obama will toss him overboard. If he did to his pastor of 20 years, Van Jones doesn't stand a chance.

GGA, Really? Your going to defend the truther, self avowed communist, racist czar?:lol

what is there to defend? Is this guy going to overthrow our govt? Didn't Obama do what you wanted him to do with Wright? Disavow him? Geez obama can't catch a break either way..

doobs
09-04-2009, 11:35 AM
what is there to defend? Is this guy going to overthrow our govt? Didn't Obama do what you wanted him to do with Wright? Disavow him? Geez obama can't catch a break either way..

Maybe Obama shouldn't get close to these fucking jackasses in the first place.

And regarding Wright . . . Obama's first reaction was to give a speech about race and refuse to denounce him, all the while throwing his granny under the bus. Liberals creamed their pants. Then Obama finally had to sever ties later after Wright opened his stupid mouth.

If the Wright story had broken a couple months earlier, Hillary would be president. Obama's handling of it was that bad. But I digress.

coyotes_geek
09-04-2009, 11:53 AM
If the Wright story had broken a couple months earlier, Hillary would be president. Obama's handling of it was that bad. But I digress.

The Wright story was a non-factor. No one changed their vote one way or the other over Wright. If you liked Obama, you didn't care about Wright. If you disliked Obama, you'd have found some other reason to not vote for him. All that mattered in that primary was that Hillary was a bitch and Obama was charismatic.

SnakeBoy
09-04-2009, 12:06 PM
I seriously doubt Hillary would have beat McCain. I would have voted for McCain 10 fold over Hillary.

I would have voted for Hillary over McCain.

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 12:09 PM
I voted for clinton in the primary.. she would have been a great president..oh well.

SnakeBoy
09-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Geez obama can't catch a break either way..

Well that's what happens when you surround yourself with idiots. He should have learned that from Bush. If you're upset that he can't catch a break now just wait until wednesday when he tries to bail out on the public option. Then he'll have the left and the right beating the shit out of him.

SnakeBoy
09-04-2009, 12:12 PM
I voted for clinton in the primary.. she would have been a great president..oh well.

I woiuldn't go that far but she was the best available choice. I think she would have learned the lessons of her husband and governed from the center.

DarkReign
09-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I woiuldn't go that far but she was the best available choice. I think she would have learned the lessons of her husband and governed from the center.

If McCain hadnt selected Palin as VP, I would have voted for him with no second thought about it.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Who?

Yonivore
09-04-2009, 12:53 PM
If McCain hadnt selected Palin as VP, I would have voted for him with no second thought about it.
And Biden doesn't give you pause?

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 01:00 PM
The guy says white folks are posioning the color communities. He thinks the USA government is behind 9/11. He called himself communist. He has a long list of hate. Question is not should this guy be fired? That is obvious. It's how did this radical get hired?

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 01:10 PM
The guy says white folks are posioning the color communities. He thinks the USA government is behind 9/11. He called himself communist. He has a long list of hate. Question is not should this guy be fired? That is obvious. It's how did this radical get hired?

why should he be fired jack?

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 01:17 PM
why should he be fired jack?

The guy says white folks are posioning the color communities. He thinks the USA government is behind 9/11. He called himself communist. He has a long list of hate.

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 01:19 PM
The guy says white folks are posioning the color communities. He thinks the USA government is behind 9/11. He called himself communist. He has a long list of hate.

I agree with you in that this guy probably shouldn't have been hired but you can't fire someone because you don't like thier opinions.

SnakeBoy
09-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I agree with you in that this guy probably shouldn't have been hired but you can't fire someone because you don't like thier opinions.

Bullshit. He serves at the pleasure of the president. He didn't get a civil service job.

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Who?

Don't act dumb. Oh, you're not acting.

TeyshaBlue
09-04-2009, 01:35 PM

Sure you can, if he's an advisor. I'm pretty sure a fair amount of them have seen the door for their opinions over time. Just a guess.

TeyshaBlue
09-04-2009, 01:36 PM
I seriously doubt Hillary would have beat McCain. I would have voted for McCain 10 fold over Hillary.

Rin-Tin-Tin would've beaten McCain. That (R) before his name was pure poison for that election cycle.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 01:37 PM

Lord...It's unacceptable for a United States public official to be a racist,truther and a communist.:lol

A truther should not be representing the people of the United States. A communist should not be representing the people of the United States. A racist should not be representing the people of the United States.

Now lets pretend Obama knew all this. It will continue to show our President finds it acceptable for radical behavior. Not just acceptable but make decisions for the American people he is suppose to serve.

Lets pretend they didn't know any of this. How the fuck does something like this slip by the interviewing. The guy works in the White House for crying out loud.

Obama himself needs to throw his ass out of the White House. Unless Obama thinks the same things?

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 01:38 PM
This is an interesting article:

The Real Van Jones Scandal: Why Glenn Beck Is Right
(http://spectator.org/archives/2009/09/04/the-real-van-jones-scandal-why/)

As a former White House aide myself, there are two incidents that tell me Glenn Beck is right in asking his questions about Van Jones. Two incidents that ask an even more serious question than anything asked about Jones himself.

The question: What did the Obama White House know about Van Jones and when did they know it?

Jones, the Obama White House "green jobs” adviser, is getting in deeper trouble by the minute with revelations of his radical statements about being a Communist, having been twice arrested, and, in the last few hours, with news surfacing that he had signed onto a petition accusing the Bush administration of being responsible for 9/11, making him, in the vernacular, a "Truther” -- one of those paranoid nuts who believes George W. Bush ordered the 9/11 attacks. All this is before the amusingly crazy piece of videotape of Jones labeling Obama's GOP opponents "A-holes.”

Jones, almost by the hour, is being belatedly vetted by the New Media because the Old Media took a pass -- and the White House itself had no intention of speaking up until called upon.

You must be asking: is it really this easy to work at the White House? Can you really have done a jail stretch, actually been twice arrested (once during the Rodney King riots and a second time during the 1999 free trade riots in Seattle) and work in the White House? Can you even get into the White House when you have a history with the police?

Let's take that last question first.

In the way back of the Reagan White House, the word went out as it always does in any White House that there was to be a quick gathering which would require the President to have an immediate, physical audience while he gave a speech in front of cameras. This happens all the time in the White House. Events occur, things happen, someone somewhere in the hierarchy feels the need to get the President in front of cameras ASAP. The staff hops, calls go out to local political friendlies, bodies fill chairs and the President speaks on camera to a room filled with people.

On this particular occasion I received just such a call. Taking out a lengthy list, I picked several names at random, many of whom I did not know, and began dialing for bodies. No one said "no.” Who says no to an invitation to hang out in the White House with the President?

My calls made, invitations accepted, an hour -- an hour -- before the event, I got a call from the Secret Service. Guest X (no name, sorry) was not acceptable to the Secret Service. I was astonished. Never in four years in the White House had I ever been told such a thing. This must be a mistake, no? No, came the Very Stern answer. Emphatically no. On a confidential basis the reason was explained to me. I winced. Gee, I had no idea. The police? Yikes.

Hanging up the phone, the clock ticking, I realized I had two options. Get the President to personally overrule this -- or track the guest down pre-cell phones and disinvite. Not much choice there, so Option Number Two it was. The call went immediately to the guest's home. The guest was retrieved from getting in a waiting car that about to head to the White House. I was mortified.

To the guest's everlasting credit, I was off the hook in the gentlest of fashions. The guest knew the record, but of course. In fact, the guest was amazed that any White House invitation would be forthcoming, because the police record was indisputably the record.

To say the least, this was a startling if unexpected reminder of something that I and every other person who had contact with the White House -- then and presumably even more so in this post-9/11 -- knew.

No one enters the physical White House as a guest unless the Secret Service has vetted them.

But it was also a sharp reminder of the ground rules for everyone who actually has the privilege -- and that word is key, here -- the privilege to work for a president of the United States.

As I had personally experienced -- as every single one of my colleagues had experienced -- if you work for the president, you assent to making your life an open book. In my case, and that of my Reagan colleagues of the day, very thick forms had to be filled out that recounted, specifically for security purposes, almost every single aspect of your personal life. As I recall, I had to supply the literal address of every home where I had resided since birth. Really. They wanted everything.

In my case, nerdy political soul that I was, I was ready for this questionnaire somewhere around kindergarten. I passed -- along with every one of my colleagues that I can recall -- with flying colors.

But the question here in the Van Jones case -- as it would have been for me and my Reagan colleagues is very simple. What if I, like the White House guest I had invited, had a police record? Had a seriously questionable set of quite public and quite wacky, well-articulated views captured on video tape? What if I had been a Democrat with a father or older brother in the Ku Klux Klan? What if I had been a John Bircher? What if I had been signing on to documents that accused President Eisenhower of being a Communist? What if I had tagged along with Jane Fonda and gone to North Vietnam to mug for the cameras?

The answer is simple. The only way that I could have gotten a clearance to work for a President Ronald Reagan would be if the President, the First Lady or the Chief of Staff to the President specifically overruled the Secret Service.

That's it. There was then, and surely is now, no other way.

Which is to say, Van Jones is in the White House this minute because someone -- or several someones -- knew his problems and quite deliberately overruled the Secret Service. That would be someone of very considerable power.

So.

Here are the questions Glenn Beck and others should be asking, based on my own personal experience:

• Who on the White House staff cleared Van Jones?

• What was that person's connection to Van Jones or Mr. Jones's political sponsor?

• Who, exactly, was Mr. Jones' sponsor for this job? How much money did he/she contribute to the Obama campaign?

• Did the Secret Service notify anyone on the White House staff -- or the President or First Lady or Vice President Biden -- that Mr. Jones had an arrest record on file with police in two cities?

• Did the Secret Service protest any of this, objecting to Mr. Jones' clearance?

• If the Secret Service did object, who overruled them? The President? The Chief of Staff? Someone else?

• If the answer to this last question is yes, and the Secret Service was overruled by the President or someone else, why did this happen?

• The White House is a busy place. But there are always answers to questions like these.

If they are asked.

Mr. Beck is asking. Other people are now starting to ask.

It's about time for some answers.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Don't act dumb. Oh, you're not acting.I'm illustrating how unimportant this is.

The asshole comment isn't enough to get him fired. The rest of the stuff? Sure, if he becomes the distraction people on the board want him to be.

Still, it's unimportant.

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm illustrating how unimportant this is.

The asshole comment isn't enough to get him fired. The rest of the stuff? Sure, if he becomes the distraction people on the board want him to be.

Still, it's unimportant.

I suppose you don't care if a person like Van Jones presides over 30 billion of our tax dollars? It's not important? Really?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 01:44 PM
What specifically are you afraid he is going to do?

You are saying you are afraid of him.

Why?

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Still, it's unimportant.

Are you kidding me? You don't have a communist working for the government let alone in the White House. Good God man. The guy works for the President and thinks the USA blew up the World Trade Buildings. The guys says Whites are posioning the colors. What on Earth makes you think this guy is capable of doing a good job for our country? You are being silly. Silly Chumpy. Fighting the fight.

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 01:46 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/The-Van-Jones-non-feeding-non-frenzy-57271402.html

The Van Jones (non) feeding frenzy

From a Nexis search a few moments ago:

Total words about the Van Jones controversy in the New York Times: 0.
Total words about the Van Jones controversy in the Washington Post: 0.
Total words about the Van Jones controversy on NBC Nightly News: 0.
Total words about the Van Jones controversy on ABC World News: 0.
Total words about the Van Jones controversy on CBS Evening News: 0.

If you were to receive all your news from any one of these outlets, or even all of them together, and you heard about some sort of controversy involving President Obama's Special Adviser for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, your response would be, "Huh?" If you heard that that adviser, Van Jones, had apologized for a number of remarks and positions in the recent past, your response would be, "What?" And if you were in the Obama White House monitoring the Jones situation, you would be hoping that the news organizations listed above continue to hold the line -- otherwise, Jones, who is quite well thought of in Obama circles, would be history.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Are you kidding me? You don't have a communist working for the government let alone in the White House. Good God man. The guy works for the President and thinks the USA blew up the World Trade Buildings. The guys says Whites are posioning the colors. What on Earth makes you think this guy is capable of doing a good job for our country? You are being silly. Silly Chumpy. Fighting the fight.

Why?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 01:51 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/The-Van-Jones-non-feeding-non-frenzy-57271402.html

The Van Jones (non) feeding frenzyYep, it's unimportant.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Apparently, that blogger failed at internets searching. Here's three stories from ABC news about Jones.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/09/controversial-obama-administration-official-denies-being-part-of-911-truther-movement-apologizes-for.html

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/09/another-possible-link-emerges-between-top-obama-official-and-911-truther-movement.html

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/09/white-house-declines-to-say-van-jones-enjoys-the-confidence-of-the-president.html

SnakeBoy
09-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Question is not should this guy be fired? That is obvious. It's how did this radical get hired?

That is an interesting question. Remember Obama's lengthy and controversial employment application? Did Jones lie or did the administration just not care what his answers were?

I'd really like to see how Jones answered these questions...
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/national/13apply_questionnaire.pdf

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 02:00 PM
That is an interesting question. Remember Obama's lengthy and controversial employment application? Did Jones lie or did the administration just not care what his answers were?

This would be a good reason for him being fired.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 02:01 PM

Why?

Not doing his job. Not being able to work with Whites because he thinks they posioned colored people. Not being able to work with Republicans because he thinks they are assholes. Not being able to work with other public officials because he thinks they blew up the World Trade Center. Not being able to work with people who believe in freedom of choice because he is a communist.

He also represents our White House and this is not the type of character we should want in our White House

SnakeBoy
09-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Yep, it's unimportant.

And yet the whitehouse has to talk about it and begin the process of running away from this guy.

White House Declines to Say Van Jones Enjoys "the Confidence of the President" *

Asked if controversial White House official Van Jones continues to enjoy the confidence of President Obama given recent revelations about his involvement with those who suggest the Bush administration knew about the 9/11 attacks and allowed them to happen in order to justify a war for oil, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs Friday morning would only say "he continues to work in this administration."

Jones, the Special Advisor for Green Jobs at the White House Council on Environmental Quality, last night issued a statement apologizing for past controversial remarks and said a petition which he signed suggesting that President Bush "may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen" perhaps to justify war in Afghanistan or Iraq, "does not reflect my views now or ever."

An administration source said Jones says he did not carefully review the language in the petition before agreeing to add his name.

This morning information surfaced that seemed to suggest that Jones was on the organizing committee of a 2002 march making similar insinuations and allegations, though a Jones ally suggests that it may be that Jones was not on the organizing committee of the march but rather of a newspaper called WAR TIMES -- "A New, Biweekly, Tabloid Newspaper Opposing the "War on Terrorism" with no connection to the march.

The WAR TIMES document asserts that the "world's most powerful nation has mercilessly bombed Afghanistan and is installing a neo-colonial government of its own choosing, although that country has never attacked the U.S. Millions of Afghans have been displaced and face starvation this winter. The administration has also green-lighted massive Israeli assaults on Palestine, and it threatens to attack Iraq, Lebanon, Somalia, and other countries. The agenda seems clear: to remake the world in the rightwing image with little regard for human consequences."

Whether the announcements are separate or in conjunction is unclear. The White House did not respond to many requests for comment.

Either way, Gibbs said that that the "9/11 Truther" sentiments are "not something that the president agrees with."
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/09/white-house-declines-to-say-van-jones-enjoys-the-confidence-of-the-president.html

Yonivore
09-04-2009, 02:04 PM

Hell, he's not the only one. There are, at last count, close to three dozen "czars" in the Obama administration, hired to run major portions of the administration's agenda and without any congressional oversight.

For instance, Hillary Clinton may be the Secretary of State but, Obama dispatches his own lackies to geopolitical hotspots while letting Hillary languish in African ceremonial backwaters.

Why do you think she snapped at that poor student?

Dick Morris explains it perfectly (http://www.dickmorris.com/blog/2009/05/28/the-incredible-shrinking-clintons/). Obama has surrounded Hillary with his people and carved up her jurisdiction geographically. Former Sen. George Mitchell (D-Maine) is in charge of Arab-Israeli relations. Dennis Ross has Iran. Former U.N. Ambassador Dick Holbrooke has Pakistan and Afghanistan. And Hillary has to share her foreign policy role on the National Security Council (NSC) with Vice President Biden, U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice, CIA chief Leon Panetta, and NSC staffer Samantha Powers (who once called Hillary a “monster”).

When's the last time you heard Hillary have anything of import to say about the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan? The Israel/Palestinian conflict? Honduras? Venezuela? Iran?

For all the caterwauling you people did about President Bush's end-runs around the constitution, this governing with czars has to be the most brazen extra-constitutional act by any president in modern history.

Here's a list:

1. Afghanistan Czar - Richard Holbrooke

Title: Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan
Salary: unknown
Reports to: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
Appointed: January 2009
Department that might have handled similar issues: State

• Will work with CENTCOM head Gen. David Petraeus to integrate U.S. civilian and military efforts in the region.
• 45 years of experience have made him a fixture of the Democrats' foreign policy establishment.
• Was U.S. ambassador to U.N., 1999-2001
• Brokered the 1995 Dayton Peace Accords in Bosnia
• Also served as Assistant secretary of state, East Asia and the Pacific (1976 to 1980); worked in foreign service (1962 to 1976)
• From 1972 through 1976, was the editor of Foreign Policy magazine.

2. AIDS Czar * - Jeffrey Crowley

Title: Director of the Office of National AIDS Policy
Salary: $102,000
Reports to: President Obama (as part of the Executive Office of the President’s Domestic Policy Council)
Appointed: February 2009
Department that might have handled similar issues: Health and Human Services

• Coordinates HIV/AIDS policy domestically and internationally.
• Senior Research Scholar at Georgetown University's Health Policy Institute and a Senior Scholar at the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law, Georgetown University Law Center.
• Was Deputy Executive Director for Programs at the National Association of People with AIDS
• Has Master of Public Health from the Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health

3. Auto Recovery Czar - Ed Montgomery

Title: Director of Recovery for Auto Communities and Workers
Reports to: Larry Summers, the president's top economic adviser, and Labor Secretary Hilda Solis
Appointed: March 2009
Department that might have handled similar issues: Labor

• Will work to leverage government resources to support the workers, communities and regions that rely on the American auto industry.
• Was Deputy Secretary and Chief Economist at the Labor Department (1997 to 1998)
• Is Dean of the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences at the University of Maryland (2003 to present)
• Has PhD in economics from Harvard
• In 2008, made $1,200 in political donations, all of which went to Obama’s presidential campaign.
• Wife is the granddaughter of a General Motors worker from Portland, Mich.
• Drives a 2000 Lincoln

4. Border Czar * - Alan Bersin

Title: Assistant Secretary for International Affairs and Special Representative for Border Affairs
Reports to: Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano
Appointed: April 2009
Agencies that might have handled similar issues: Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)

• Will coordinate all of the department's border security and law-enforcement efforts.
• Essentially had the same job under President Clinton; served as Attorney General Janet Reno's special representative on border issues, a job that he held while retaining the position of U.S. attorney for San Diego.
• This time, boss will be Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, who will expect him to handle illegal immigration and drug violence issues along the Mexican-American border
• Previous experience: Chairman of the San Diego Regional Airport Authority (2006 to 2009); Secretary of Education for California (2005 to 2006); Superintendent of San Diego Public Schools (1998 to 2005); U.S. Attorney for San Diego (1993 to 1998)
• Graduate of Harvard and Yale Law School
• Talking about border security shortly before he was named Clinton border czar in 1995, said he wanted to focus on suspected smugglers of both drugs and people and was not interested in prosecuting “economic migrants.”
• Often tied to the 1994 border policy called “Operation Gatekeeper.” The policy shifted the U.S. focus from the arresting of immigrants who actually crossed the border to an increased border presence designed to stop border crossing in the first place. When Bersin left the position in 1998, border arrests were on pace for an 18-year low of just more than 200,000. Latino groups complained that Operation Gatekeeper was immoral, saying the program monitored the border near San Diego but simply forced illegal immigrants to other, more dangerous areas.
• Has given more than $50,000 to political campaigns since 1999, almost all of it to Democrats.

5. California Water Czar - David J. Hayes

Title: Deputy Interior Secretary
Reports to: Interior Secretary Ken Salazar
Appointed: June 2009
Confirmed by Senate (as Deputy Interior Security): May 20, 2009
Department that might have handled similar issues: Interior

• Charged with coordinating federal agencies to ease California's water shortage
• Graduate of Stanford Law School; clerked for U.S. District Court for the D.C., has been a partner at two big D.C. law firms
• Was deputy interior secretary under Bruce Babbitt during Clinton administration
• From 1993 to 1995, was chairman of the board at the Environmental Law Institute, a non-profit research center.
• As a lobbyist, represented the Southern California Metropolitan Water District in 2001
• In August 2008, wrote a policy report while working at the Progressive Policy Institute accusing the Bush administration of leaving a “damaging legacy” in their natural resource management policies
• Donated $2,300 to Clinton during 2008 campaign; after she withdrew, donated $2,300 to Obama

6. Car Czar - Ron Bloom

NOTE: on July 13, 2009, Bloom took over as head of the Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry, replacing Steven Rattner

Title: Counselor to the Secretary of the Treasury
Reports to: Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and National Economic Council head Larry Summers
Appointed: July 2009
Department that might have handled similar issues: Treasury

• A leader of the White House task force overseeing auto company bailouts; worked on restructuring of General Motors and Chrysler LLC.
• Was special assistant to president of the United Steelworkers union from 1996-Feb 2009
• Has negotiated restructuring deals for more than 50 companies, getting major concessions from unions and companies.
• Was raised in New York in a pro-union family, which included a schoolteacher mother and unionized relatives.
• After working for the Service Employees International Union, got an MBA from Harvard University because he thought unions lacked business smarts, he said in a 1996 interview in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
• From 1985 to 1990, he worked as an investment banker with Lazard Freres & Co., which specializes in mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring, before co-founding the investment-banking firm Keilin and Bloom.

7. Central Region Czar - Dennis Ross

Title: Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for the Central Region (encompasses the Middle East, the Gulf, Afghanistan, Pakistan and South Asia)
Reports to: National Security Adviser Gen. James L. Jones

• Spent 12 years in the George H.W. Bush and Clinton administrations trying to create a permanent agreement between the governments of Israel and the Palestinian territories
• In 1981, was named to President Ronald Reagan’s national security staff as the director of Near East and South Asian Affairs.
• Was director of the State Department’s Policy Planning office during President George H. W. Bush’s term.
• 1993: appointed to the position of Middle East coordinator, making him the top negotiator for peace between Israel and Palestinian territories
• After he left government in 2000, headed up Washington Institute for Near East Policy, a hawkish think tank with a pro-Israeli bent

8. Climate Czar - Todd Stern

Title: Special Envoy for Climate Change
Agency or department that might have handled similar issues: Environmental Protection Agency; State

• Responsible for developing international approaches to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.
• Served in the Clinton White House from 1993 to 1999; Was Head of the Initiative on Global Climate Change (1997 to 1999) and Adviser to the Secretary of the Treasury (1999 to 2001)
• As a top aide to President Clinton, helped negotiate the Kyoto and Buenos Aires climate pacts, both of which fell apart partially because of a lack of U.S. support during Bush administration.
• After Bush was elected to office, went to the Wilmer Hale law firm, where he is a partner in the regulatory and government affairs division.
• Was most recently a Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress, where he focused on climate change and environmental issues.
• Has written extensively on climate change, and has called on the American government and the international community to take a series of steps to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.
• Supports a national cap-and-trade system that would limit carbon emissions and reduce U.S. dependency on foreign oil
• Has law degree from Harvard

9. Domestic Violence Czar - Lynn Rosenthal

Title: White House adviser on Violence Against Women
Reports to: President Obama and Vice President Biden

• Will advise the President and Vice President on domestic violence and sexual assault issues.
• 2000-2006: served as the Executive Director of the National Network to End Domestic Violence
• Was an advocate for the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act in 2000 and 2005 and has assisted states and local communities with implementation of this federal legislation
• Was director of the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence

10. Drug Czar * - Gil Kerlikowske

Title: Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy
Reports to: President Obama
Confirmed by Senate: May 7, 2009
Department that might have handled similar issues: Justice

• Directs drug-control policy in the U.S.; is expected to shift drug policy to intervention, treatment and a reduction of problem drug use.
• Was police chief for the city of Seattle from 2000-2009
• Was Deputy Director of the Department of Justice’s Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (1998 to 2000); Police Chief for the city of Buffalo (1994 to 1998); Police chief of Fort Pierce, Fla. (N/A to 1994)
• A strong gun-control advocate, urged both the Washington legislature and the U.S. Congress to pass an assault-weapons ban and has worked to close the loophole that doesn't require background checks at gun shows
• 2003: admitted that busting people for personal marijuana possession was not a top priority of the Seattle police department.
• As Seattle police chief, assigned an officer full-time to the drug court, which commuted sentences of drug users who complete medical treatment in lieu of going to jail.

11. Economic Czar * - Paul Volcker

Title: Chairman of the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board
Salary: Volcker reportedly isn't paid for his advice.

• Charged with offering independent, nonpartisan information, analysis, and advice to the President as he formulates and implements his plans for economic recovery.
• Some reports say he's been marginalized by Larry Summers.
• Former Federal Reserve chairman (1979-1987)
• Was Undersecretary for Monetary Affairs, Department of the Treasury (1969 to 1974); Deputy Undersecretary for Monetary Affairs, Department of the Treasury (1963 to 1965)
• Gave Obama campaign $2,300 in 2008.

12. Energy and Environment Czar - Carol Browner

Title: Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change
Salary: $172,200
Agency that might have handled similar issues: EPA

• Coordinates energy and climate policy, emphasizing regulation and conservation.
• Was Environmental Protection Agency administrator in the Clinton administration (1993-2000)
• Was Florida Secretary of the Environment (1991 to 1993)
• Founded and continues to serve as a principal of The Albright Group LLC, a global strategy firm led by former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright. Also a principal of Albright Capital Management, an investment advisory firm that concentrates on emerging markets.
• Worked on the Socialist International's Commission for a Sustainable World Society, which argues that the global community must work collectively to address environmental policies
• Described Bush administration as the "worst environmental administration ever"
• While orchestrating private discussions between the White House and auto industry officials on vehicle fuel efficiency standards, kept the talks as quiet as possible. Mary Nichols, the head of the California Air Resources Board, said, "We put nothing in writing, ever."
• 2003: A federal judge held the Environmental Protection Agency in contempt for destroying computer files during the Clinton administration that had been sought by a conservative legal foundation. U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth also ordered the EPA to pay the Landmark Legal Foundation's legal fees and costs because the agency disobeyed his order to preserve the electronic records of Browner, the former EPA chief.

13. Faith-Based Czar * - Joshua DuBois

Title: Director of the Office of Faith Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
Salary: $98,000

• Acts as a liaison between faith and secular community groups and the White House, often partnering with them to tackle social issues. Helps these groups apply for federal grants available to them.
• Is 26 years old
• Has master’s in public affairs from Princeton University; served as associate pastor
• Worked for Rep. Rush Holt (D-N.J.) as an intern and then as a fellow for Rep. Charles B. Rangel (DN. Y.).
• Hired as a legislative correspondent in Obama’s Senate office in May 2005
• In 2008, at the age of 25, was appointed director of religious affairs for the Obama campaign.

14. Government Performance Czar - Jeffrey Zients

Title: Chief Performance Officer
Reports to: Office of Management and Budget Director Peter Orzag
Confirmed by the Senate (as deputy director for management for the OMB): June 19, 2009
Agency that might have handled similar issues: OMB

• Charged with cutting costs and finding best practices throughout government.
• Has never worked in government before
• Was a chief executive and former management consultant
• Was founder of Portfolio Logic (2004 to present); Partner of the Washington Baseball Club (2004 to 2006); CEO of the Advisory Board (1998 to 2004)
• Has donated just over $90,000 to political campaigns since 1999, almost all of which went to Democratic candidates

15. Great Lakes Czar - Cameron Davis

Title: Special advisor to the U.S. EPA overseeing its Great Lakes restoration plan
Reports to: Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson
Agency that might have handled similar issues: Environmental Protection Agency

• Oversees the administration's initiative to restore the Great Lakes' environment.
• President of the Chicago-based environmentalist group Alliance for the Great Lakes
• Was a litigating attorney and served as an adjunct clinical assistant professor of law at the University of Michigan Law School.
• Served with the United Nations Environment Program in Nairobi, Kenya, where he worked on the Montreal Protocol to protect the Earth’s ozone layer, and U.S. EPA’s Office of Regional Counsel in Chicago.

16. Green Jobs Czar - Van Jones

Title: Special Adviser for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality
Reports to: Head of Council on Environmental Quality Nancy Sutley
Agency or department that might have handled similar issues: Environmental Protection Agency; Labor

• Will focus on environmentally-friendly employment within the administration and boost support for the idea nationwide
• Rose from near obscurity in the Oakland, Calif., grassroots organizing scene to the leader of a national movement to spur the green economy.
• Founded Green For All, an organization focused on creating green jobs in impoverished areas
• Also co-founder of the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights and Color of Change, which includes Bay Area PoliceWatch, a group devoted to "protect[ing] the community from police misconduct"
• Published New York Times best-seller The Green Collar Economy: How One Solution Can Fix Our Two Biggest Problems, in October 2008
• Started career as a prison-reform advocate in Oakland, Calif., lobbying for reform of the juvenile justice system and youth-violence prevention programs
• Has law degree from Yale
• 2007: worked on the Green Jobs Act with then-Rep. Hilda Solis (D-Calif.), who co-sponsored the bill in the House
• 1993: was arrested at the Los Angeles riots that followed the acquittal of cops in the Rodney King beating. "I was arrested simply for being a police observer," says Jones, who had just graduated from Yale Law School and was working with the Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights in San Francisco.
• 1999: was arrested in the 1999 Seattle protests against the World Trade Organization
• Excerpt from a Nov. 2005 interview in the East Bay Express:
Jones had planned to move to Washington, DC, and had already landed a job and an apartment there. But in jail, he said, "I met all these young radical people of color -- I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.'" Although he already had a plane ticket, he decided to stay in San Francisco. "I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary." In the months that followed, he let go of any lingering thoughts that he might fit in with the status quo. "I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th," he said. "By August, I was a communist." In 1994, the young activists formed a socialist collective, Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement, or STORM, which held study groups on the theories of Marx and Lenin and dreamed of a multiracial socialist utopia. They protested police brutality and got arrested for crashing through police barricades. In 1996, Jones decided to launch his own operation, which he named the Ella Baker Center after an unsung hero of the civil-rights movement.

17. Guantanamo Closure Czar - Daniel Fried

Title: Special envoy to oversee the closure of the detention center at Guantanamo Bay
Reports to: Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
Department that might have handled similar issues: Justice; State

• Works to get help of foreign governments in moving toward closure of Guantanamo Bay, in fulfillment of Obama's promise to close the prison within a year of taking office.
• Was Assistant Secretary of State for Europe and Eurasian Affairs, State Department (2005 to 2009); Director for European and Eurasian Affairs, State Department (2001 to 2005); U.S. Ambassador to Poland (1997 to 2001)

18. Health Czar * - Nancy-Ann DeParle

Title: Counselor to the President and Director of the White House Office of Health Reform
Salary: $158,500
Department that might have handled similar issues: Health and Human Services (HHS)

• Coordinates the development of the Administration's healthcare policy agenda.
• Experience: Managing Director, CCMP Capital (since 2001); Adjunct professor (focusing on healthcare policy), Wharton School of Business (since 2001); Commissioner, Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (since 2001); Fellow, Harvard Institue of Politics (2000 to 2001); Director, Healthcare Financing Administration (1997 to 2000)
• Has law degree from Harvard
• Served as the OMB’s representative on health-care reform during Bill Clinton’s first term
• As head of the HHS Health Care Financing Administration under Clinton, ran the largest health insurance provider in America, overseeing $600 billion in payments annually to 74 million recipients of Medicare and Medicaid
• 2001: left government to take a year-long fellowship at Harvard’s Institute of Politics, where she was part of Harvard’s Health Care Policy Forum and led a weekly study group on reforming Medicare.
• During Bush administration, sat on the boards of many health companies, from medical treatment producers to hospital systems
• In September 2008, donated $2,300 each to Clinton and Barack Obama.

19. Information Czar - Vivek Kundra

Title: Federal Chief Information Officer
Reports to: Director of the Office of Management and Budget Peter Orszag
Agencies that might have handled similar issues: other federal agency CIOs

• Basically in charge of overseeing other federal agency CIOs and for setting technology policy across the government.
• Head of a federal technology budget that amounts to $71 billion annually
• Operation is housed in the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and will likely have authority to question how money in departmental technology budgets is used
• Formerly head of the District of Columbia's technology operations
• Shortly after he joined the OMB, federal authorities raided his old District government office. They arrested two technology office managers and a subcontractor, charging them with a bribery scheme that allegedly defrauded the city out of at least $500,000. Kundra was not a suspect in the case, the U.S. Attorney’s office said.
• Has a masters from Maryland in information technology.
• Experience: Washington, D.C. Chief Technology Officer (2007 to 2009); State of Virginia's Assistant Secretary of Commerce and Trade (2006 to 2007); CEO of computer security firm Creostar

20. Intelligence Czar * - Dennis Blair

Title: Director of National Intelligence
Salary: $197,700
Confirmed by Senate: January 28, 2009
Agency that might have handled similar issues: CIA

• Nation’s top intelligence official.
• Retired four-star admiral.
• Graduate of the United States Naval Academy, 1968; sixth-generation naval officer
• Lacks professional roots in the world of intelligence
• Held a number of prestigious Washington posts, including the Pentagon’s top liaison to the CIA and director of the Joint Staff.
• Ran the non-profit Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA), which focuses primarily on issues related to national security, and does a lot of work for the Defense Department. Left IDA under a cloud of controversy in mid-2006.

21. Mideast Peace Czar - George Mitchell

Title: Special Envoy for Middle East Peace
Reports to: Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton

• Works to maintain the shaky peace between Israel and Hamas after recent hostilities
• Senate majority leader from 1989 to 1994
• Was special envoy to Northern Ireland during the Clinton administration and lead investigator into steroid use in Major League Baseball.
• 2000: led a fact-finding committee to study violence in the Middle East; 2001's Mitchell Report formed the basis for the road map for Middle East peace

22. Pay Czar - Kenneth R. Feinberg

Title: Special Master on executive pay
Salary: reportedly receiving no compensation for his work.
Reports to: Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner

• Named to examine compensation practices at companies that have been bailed out more than once by the federal government
• Oversaw the payouts to the families of the victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks
• Was the chief administrator to the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund, which commemorates the students who died in the April 2007 shooting rampage at Virginia Tech
• Founder and managing partner of Feinberg Rozen LLP (1992 to present), law firm specializing in mediation
• Was Chief of staff for Sen. Edward Kennedy (1978 to 1980)
• While working with the Feinberg Group, donated over $150,000, nearly all of which has gone to Democratic candidates and political action committees. In 2007, donated $2,300 to 2008 presidential candidate Rudolph Giuliani (R).

23. Regulatory Czar - Cass R. Sunstein *

Title: Administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
Reports to: Office of Management and Budget head Peter Orszag
Nomination was sent to Senate on April 20, 2009 - no action yet taken

• Will be responsible for reviewing draft regulations and assessing their costs and benefits
• Is a Harvard Law School professor; prior to that, was a professor at the Univ. of Chicago Law School (1981-2008)
• Academic specialties: constitutional law, administrative law, and regulatory policy
• Obama: "Cass is not only a valued advisor, he is a dear friend"
• Known for advancing a field called "law and behavioral economics" that seeks to shape law and policy around the way research shows people actually behave; though embraced by conservatives, critics say it fails to account for the sometimes less-than-rational aspects of human behavior.
• In his 2002 book, Republic.com, discussed the drawbacks of limitless choices on the Internet that allow people to seek out only like-minded people and opinions that merely fortify their own views; he talked about the idea of the government requiring sites to link to opposing views. He later came to realize it was a "bad idea."
• In his 2004 book, Animal Rights, suggested that animals ought to be able to bring suit, with private citizens acting as their representatives, to ensure that animals are not treated in a way that violates current law.
• In a 2007 speech at Harvard he called for banning hunting in the U.S.
• The American Conservative Union started a website, Stop Sunstein, in an effort to keep him out of the White House.

24. Science Czar - John Holdren

Title: Assistant to the President for Science and Technology, Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Co-Chair of the President’s Council of Advisers on Science and Technology
Appointed: December 2008
Confirmed by Senate: March 19, 2009
Agency or department that might have handled similar issues: Energy

• Top adviser to Obama on science and technology, issues that are increasingly relevant to other issues such as homeland security, energy and environmentalism
• Teresa and John Heinz Professor of Environmental Policy and Director, Program in Science, Technology, and Public Policy at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government (1996-2009); Harvard University Professor of Environmental Science and Public Policy (1996-2009); University of California, Berkeley Professor of Energy and Resources Emeritus (1996 to present)
• Studied aerospace engineering and plasma physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology — where he earned his BS and MS — and Stanford University, where he received his doctorate in 1970
• Is an outspoken advocate of the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and believes the United States should sign the Comprehensive Nuclear Test-Ban Treaty.
• In a 2008 New York Times op-ed, Holdren called climate change skeptics “dangerous” members of a “denier fringe.”
• In 1971, co-authored a paper in Global Ecology suggesting "some form of ecocatastrophe, if not thermonuclear war, seems almost certain to overtake us before the end of the century."
• Some conservative media outlets have called attention to a book Holdren co-authored in 1977 titled Ecoscience: Population, Resources, and Environment. The book reportedly includes this statement: "population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution." Holdren's office says he "does not now and never has been an advocate of compulsory abortions or other repressive measures to limit fertility."

25. Stimulus Accountability Czar - Earl Devaney

Title: Chair of the Recovery Act Transparency and Accountability Board
Reports to: Vice President Biden

• Leads oversight board that monitors money spent by the stimulus package
• Experience: Inspector General at the Interior Department (1999 to present); Director of criminal enforcement at the Environmental Protection Agency (1991 to 1999); Special Agent at the Secret Service (1970 to 1991)
• During his tenure at Interior, uncovered the shady dealings of disgraced ex-lobbyist Jack Abramoff, an investigation that eventually led to Abramoff's imprisonment and the resignation of Interior's no. 2, J. Steven Griles, for lying under oath about his own role in the scandal.
• On July 8, 2009, the U.S. General Services Administration issued a press release announcing an $18 million contract for a new recovery.gov web site, which quoted Devaney as saying, “We are pleased that another major milestone has been achieved."

26. Sudan Czar - J. Scott Gration

Title: Special Envoy to Sudan

• Will coordinate U.S. role in the aftermath of the genocide in Darfur
• Experience: Supreme Allied Command, NATO (2004 to 2005); Air Force assistant deputy undersecretary for international affairs (2003 to 2004)
• Commanded all air operations during the Iraq war in 2003
• 2006: left Air Force position to join Obama’s staff after traveling to Africa with the then-Senator from Illinois, even though he was a Republican
• Has won a Bronze Star, a Purple Heart, a Defense Superior Service Medal and 16 other awards
• Is a fluent Swahili speaker who grew up in the Congo
• Has called on the Obama administration to incentivize participation by the Sudanese government in peace talks by lifting sanctions, a position that is controversial. Also worked to position himself as the principal negotiator between the Sudanese government and its adversaries in Darfur, and is planning an international conference for September 2009
• Has M.A. in security studies from Georgetown

27. TARP Czar - Herb Allison

Title: Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability
Reports to: Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner

• Leads the government's $700 billion financial rescue program in the office of financial stability
• Veteran Wall Street banker and interim head of the mortgage-finance company Fannie Mae
• Worked at Merrill Lynch for 28 years, reaching position of president and COO
• Was CEO of Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association College Retirement Equities Fund (2002 to 2008); CEO of the Alliance for Lifelong Learning (2000 to 2002)
• Has undergraduate degree from Yale and MBA from Stanford
• 2000: was John McCain’s 2000 presidential campaign finance chairman
• In 2008, donated $2,300 to Obama's presidential campaign

28. Technology Czar - Aneesh Chopra

Title: Chief Technology Officer
Confirmed by Senate: May 21, 2009
Department that might have handled similar issues: Commerce

• Will lead in the effort to eliminate wasteful government programs
• Will probably work to increase broadband access nationwide and computerize medical records
• Was Virginia’s secretary of technology (2005-2009)
• Has degree in public health from Johns Hopkins, Master's from Harvard in public policy
• Worked at Morgan Stanley as investment banker; also worked at Advisory Board, a health-care research and consultancy firm
• Has donated more than $24,000 since 1997 to various campaigns. With the exception of a $1,000 donation to Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) in 2004, all of Chopra’s contributions have gone to Democrats. From 2007 to 2008, Chopra donated $2,750 to Obama’s presidential campaign.

29. Terrorism Czar - John Brennan

Title: Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
Salary: $172,200
Reports to: National Security Adviser James L. Jones
Department that might have handled similar issues: Homeland Security

• Under Obama's plan the homeland security adviser’s office would be eliminated, and the National Security Council would take over those duties. Brennan would be responsible for guarding against natural disasters and terrorism.
• Has called for increased integration between the Departments of Commerce, State and Defense
• Graduated from Fordham University in 1977 after a year of intensive Arabic and Middle Eastern studies in Cairo. Earned his J.D. from the University of Texas at Austin before joining the CIA as an intelligence director in 1980.
• Is a CIA veteran and fluent Arabic speaker
• Was CIA deputy executive director (2001 to 2003) and National Counter-Terrorism Center, Chair (2004 to 2005)
• Worked at Analysis Corp, (2005 to 2008);
• Staunch supporter of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Program; defended the use of extraordinary rendition, saying it is “an absolutely vital tool.”

30. Urban Affairs Czar - Adolfo Carrion Jr.

Title: White House Director of Urban Affairs
Salary: $158,500
Department that might have handled similar issues: Housing and Urban Development

• Job entails coordinating transportation and housing initiatives, as well as serving as a conduit for federal aid to economically hard-hit cities.
• Has undergraduate degree in world religions from Kings College; became an associate pastor at a Bronx church; earned his master’s degree in urban planning from Hunter College
• Was Bronx Borough President (2001-2009); President of the National Association of Latino Elected Officials (since 2007); City Council member (1998 to 2000)
• Many reporters say he has higher ambitions and will probably run for New York City mayor in the next ten years.
• Was an active campaigner for Obama, travelling across the country to speak on his behalf. He focused particularly on states with large Hispanic populations.
• The NY Daily News reported numerous developers made tens of thousands of dollars in campaign donations to Carrión around the same time he was considering approving their projects in the Bronx.

31. Weapons Czar - Ashton Carter

Title: Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics
Reports to: Defense Secretary Robert Gates
Confirmed by Senate: April 23, 2009
Department that might have handled similar issues: Defense

• Will coordinate the Pentagon's acquisitions, technology and logistics for weapons.
• Will oversee a weapons-buying system that Obama has placed at the top of his list of federal programs he wants to fix and will be asked to quickly weigh in on difficult decisions concerning at least 10 major defense programs, while also instantly dissecting the procurement system’s ailments so he can advise the administration on its Pentagon acquisition reform agenda
• Is a physicist and Harvard academic whose only previous Pentagon stint was in a mid-level policy post from 1993 until 1996 under the Clinton administration
• Graduated from Yale summa cum laude; studied at Oxford University as a Rhodes scholar and earned a doctorate in theoretical physics.
• Chair of Harvard’s International Relations, Science & Security Area International Security Program within the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs; Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Policy (1993 to 1996); Director of the Center for Science and International Affairs at Harvard University’s Kennedy School (early 1990s)
• Has donated primarily to Democratic politicians since 2000. He donated $6,900 to then-Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) in 2007 and 2008. He gave the same amount to then Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) during that same span.

32. WMD Policy Czar - Gary Samore

Title: White House Coordinator for Weapons of Mass Destruction, Security and Arms Control
Reports to: National Security Advisor Gen. James L. Jones
Department or agency that might have handled similar issues: NSC; Defense; State

• Will coordinate issues related to weapons of mass destruction across the government. His portfolio includes proliferation, nuclear and conventional arms control, threat reduction, and terrorism involving weapons of mass destruction.
• Position sits within the National Security Council.
• Is a veteran arms control negotiator.
• B.A. in sociology from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and his PhD in government from Harvard University in 1984.
• After brief stints with the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and the RAND Corporation, joined the State Department during the Reagan administration in 1987. Held several positions there, including director of the Office of Regional Non-proliferation Affairs; special assistant to the Ambassador-at-Large for Non-proliferation and Nuclear Energy Policy; and deputy to Ambassador-at-Large for Korean Affairs Robert Gallucci. Helped to negotiate the 1994 U.S.-North Korea Framework Treaty
• Joined the Clinton administration’s National Security Council in 1995 as an adviser on nonproliferation. Coordinated U.S. policy on nuclear, chemical and biological weapons.
• Was Director, Council on Foreign Relations (2006 to 2009); Vice President for Global Security and Sustainability, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation (2005); Researcher, International Institute of Strategic Studies (2001 to 2005)

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Not doing his job. Not being able to work with Whites because he thinks they posioned colored people. Not being able to work with Republicans because he thinks they are assholes. Not being able to work with other public officials because he thinks they blew up the World Trade Center. Not being able to work with people who believe in freedom of choice because he is a communist.Is there any evidence that any of this besides the asshole thing occurring since he started working? Thinking people in the other party are assholes is pretty much par for the course. You didn't call for Cheney's head when he directed vulgarities at Democrats, so you can't do this now without being an enormous hypocrite.

clambake
09-04-2009, 02:07 PM
you blew it yoni. you should have put "dick morris" at the end. lol

Yonivore
09-04-2009, 02:11 PM
you blew it yoni. you should have put "dick morris" at the end. lol
So, where has Hillary been on the issues on which you would normally see a Secretary of State at the front and center?

Why isn't she negotiating with Iran? Isn't that what Obama promised?

Why isn't she visiting Israel, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq?

Oh wait, that's right, she has stepped up on the sexual scandal at the Afghanistan Embassy. After all, who better?

And, Dick Morris? Love him or hate him. He knows politics as well as anyone.

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 02:11 PM
you lost me at dick morris..:lmao

Is he still peddling that Hillary Clinton movie?

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 02:12 PM
So, where has Hillary been on the issues on which you would normally see a Secretary of State at the front and center?

Why isn't she negotiating with Iran? Isn't that what Obama promised?

Why isn't she visiting Israel, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq?

Oh wait, that's right, she has stepped up on the sexual scandal at the Afghanistan Embassy. After all, who better?

I guess some right wing hack knows why.

Yonivore
09-04-2009, 02:13 PM
I guess some right wing hack knows why.
Well, what's your opinion on the diminished role of the Secretary of State in foreign policy matters?

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Well, what's your opinion on the diminished role of the Secretary of State in foreign policy matters?

Why does it matter? Are you defending Hillary Clinton?

Yonivore
09-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Why does it matter? Are you defending Hillary Clinton?
No, I'm pointing out that Obama has done an end-around on many of the administrative roles normally handled by cabinet-level appointees that must face Senate confirmation by appointing all these unaccountable czars.

That's my point. Hillary can rot.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Is there any evidence that any of this besides the asshole thing occurring since he started working? Thinking people in the other party are assholes is pretty much par for the course. You didn't call for Cheney's head when he directed vulgarities at Democrats, so you can't do this now without being an enormous hypocrite.

Obama fucked up bro. Unless Obama believes what Van believes in.

If you want to argue the fact public officials can't work with Van because of his communist ways, government conspiracy, racist beliefs I will agree with you. None of them should have to. None of them.

I believe the guy is a fucking nut job and people like that are incapable of working with people they believe are the enemy. Such as white people. If you believe white folks are posioning color folks I would come to the conclusion he hates white people and will not be able to work with them. Maybe that's just me.

clambake
09-04-2009, 02:30 PM
i think yoni is shocked to see a sec.of state.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Why isn't she visiting Israel, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq?She has already been to Israel and Iraq.

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 02:32 PM
No, I'm pointing out that Obama has done an end-around on many of the administrative roles normally handled by cabinet-level appointees that must face Senate confirmation by appointing all these unaccountable czars.

That's my point. Hillary can rot.

Are these czars handling foriegn affair matters?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Obama fucked up bro. Unless Obama believes what Van believes in.

If you want to argue the fact public officials can't work with Van because of his communist ways, government conspiracy, racist beliefs I will agree with you. None of them should have to. None of them.

I believe the guy is a fucking nut job and people like that are incapable of working with people they believe are the enemy. Such as white people. If you believe white folks are posioning color folks I would come to the conclusion he hates white people and will not be able to work with them. Maybe that's just me.So what evidence do you have that any of this has affected his job performance in the past six months?

Yonivore
09-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Nevermind, you're right. Everything's just peachy.

angrydude
09-04-2009, 02:45 PM
he'll never quit.

He should get fired for being an embarrassment/distraction but that probably won't happen either.

SnakeBoy
09-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Nevermind, you're right. Everything's just peachy.

It's not even worth trying to talk to them. They're still in a state of Obama induced utopia. Everythng is just fine in their minds.

http://vote29.com/myblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fiddling-while-rome-burns.jpg

Yonivore
09-04-2009, 03:05 PM
It's not even worth trying to talk to them. They're still in a state of Obama induced utopia. Everythng is just fine in their minds.

Well, I hope the rest of us have learned a very valuable lesson.

ELECTIONS HAVE FUCKING CONSEQUENCES, PEOPLE.

I hope we survive this one.

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 03:05 PM

http://vote29.com/myblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fiddling-while-rome-burns.jpg

Yoni explained to me that Clinton has nothing to do and then jumped to the scariness of the czars. I then asked:

Yoni then tells me everything's peachy.. can you figure out the correllation between Clinton, the czars and foreign affairs?

Yonivore
09-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Yoni then tells me everything's peachy.. can you figure out the correllation between Clinton, the czars and foreign affairs?
The number one czar on the list was Holbrooke who was hand picked to run affairs in Afghanistan.

He may answer to Clinton on paper but, he's an Obama hire.

Look, I just don't want to waste my time pissing into the wind that is the SpursTalk.com forum, today. Maybe another day.

George Gervin's Afro
09-04-2009, 03:10 PM

I hope we survive this one.

:lmao

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Seriously, I never heard of a czar working in the USA. What does that mean?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 03:15 PM

I hope we survive this one.Van Jones will kill us all!

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 03:15 PM
So what evidence do you have that any of this has affected his job performance in the past six months?

Common sense. Goes along way.

Do you think he should keep his job? Are you asking me questions to learn more about Van? What is your opinion about Van the Man? Do you think he should have been hired in the first place? Do you think a known racist,communist,truther should work in the White House?

You know my opinion. What's yours?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Seriously, I never heard of a czar working in the USA. What does that mean?It means you haven't paid attention in the past thirty-five years.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Common sense. Goes along way.

Do you think he should keep his job? Are you asking me questions to learn more about Van? What is your opinion about Van the Man? Do you think he should have been hired in the first place? Do you think a known racist,communist,truther should work in the White House?

You know my opinion. What's yours?You have yet to produce any evidence that his job performance has been lacking these past six months.

My opinion is if he's done a bad job, he should be fired. You have shown no evidence he has done a bad job.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 03:22 PM
It means you haven't paid attention in the past thirty-five years.

Meow!

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Meow!You're a cat now?

That actually makes some sense.

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Suddenly ChumpDumpy thinks 911 twoofers being part of the administration is a good thing?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Suddenly ChumpDumpy thinks 911 twoofers being part of the administration is a good thing?I'd have to hear exactly what his views were. There were parts of that statement that weren't entirely unreasonable.

I would like Darrin to explain how it has affected his job performance in the past six months.

Without using YouTube.

boutons_deux
09-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Van Jones needs to stick around to spite Beck and all the hypocrital, lying, sliming Repug haters and hatchet men.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 03:45 PM
You have yet to produce any evidence that his job performance has been lacking these past six months.

My opinion is if he's done a bad job, he should be fired. You have shown no evidence he has done a bad job.

:lol He has shown he shouldn't have been hired.

Obama has shown he either does not know who he hires or he wants radical communist in his White House.

Get off your pedestal. You have zero clue this guy does a good job. All fingers point that he CAN'T do a good job believing in what he believes in working for the U S of A.

You keep looking for your proof.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Get off your pedestal. You have zero clue this guy does a good job. All fingers point that he CAN'T do a good job believing in what he believes in working for the U S of A. No, they don't.

I said if he's done a bad job he should be fired.

It's up to you to prove he has done a bad job.

You simply haven't and now you're whining about it.

Stop whining and how me how he has done a bad job.

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 03:50 PM
I'd have to hear exactly what his views were. There were parts of that statement that weren't entirely unreasonable.

I would like Darrin to explain how it has affected his job performance in the past six months.

Without using YouTube.

Why don't you read his words yourself?

He went and talked to prisoners at San Quenten back in March. If I were the head of "green jobs", I know that's the first place I'd go.

Anyway, the San Quenten News did a story on it. Interesting read.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/visitors/docs/The_SQ_News/SQ_NEWS_EDITION_2009v3.pdf

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 03:53 PM
No, they don't.

You know how some companies do a background check on you before you get hired, especially if you are going to have access to sensitive information or be invovled in an area of public safety? Why do you suppose they do that? I would think that the WH of all places would do EXTENSIVE background checks. I think they did. I think they know everything about Van Jones and wanted him anyway.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Why don't you read his words yourself?

He went and talked to prisoners at San Quenten back in March. If I were the head of "green jobs", I know that's the first place I'd go.

Anyway, the San Quenten News did a story on it. Interesting read.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/visitors/docs/The_SQ_News/SQ_NEWS_EDITION_2009v3.pdfHe hadn't even started his job then.

Darrin, please explain how he has done a bad job. In your own words.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
You know how some companies do a background check on you before you get hired, especially if you are going to have access to sensitive information or be invovled in an area of public safety? Why do you suppose they do that? I would think that the WH of all places would do EXTENSIVE background checks. I think they did. I think they know everything about Van Jones and wanted him anyway.Darrin, please explain how he has done a bad job. In your own words.

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Darrin, please explain how he has done a bad job. In your own words.

What if, by some act of complete incompetence, a day care center hired a registered sex offender? If I had zero knowledge of how that person was doing on the job, I still wouldn't want them to have that job.

Got it?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 04:06 PM
What if, by some act of complete incompetence, a day care center hired a registered sex offender? If I had zero knowledge of how that person was doing on the job, I still wouldn't want them to have that job.

Got it?You have proof Jones is a registered sex offender?

Please post it after you explain how Jones has done a bad job these past six months.

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Alcoholics would make fine commercial pilots.

Really?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 04:11 PM
I am running out of straw.Please explain how Jones has done a bad job.

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Please explain how Jones has done a bad job.

When did I assert that?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 04:17 PM
When did I assert that?You made analogies of people's pasts which would have made them do a bad job. You are saying the same thing would happen with Jones, who has been working for six months with no indication he has done a bad job. In fact, the only reason you know he exists is because he called Republicans assholes.

Now you are turning tail and running like a little bitch.

Bravo.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 04:22 PM
As an aside, is this really what you do at work all day?

Would you expect someone working for you to do this?

Would you say someone with a history of doing this is doing a good job?

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 04:22 PM
You made analogies of people's pasts which would have made them do a bad job. You are saying the same thing would happen with Jones, who has been working for six months with no indication he has done a bad job. In fact, the only reason you know he exists is because he called Republicans assholes.

Now you are turning tail and running like a little bitch.

Bravo.

Some people's past should prevent them from being hired in the first place. Everyone knows this.

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 04:24 PM
As an aside, is this really what you do at work all day?

Not NEARLY as much as you do.

<--- See my post count vs yours.

As an aside, are you always such a douche?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Some people's past should prevent them from being hired in the first place. Everyone knows this.I haven't seen anything in his history to completely preclude him from employment. Therefore, I would have to go on his actual job performance.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Not NEARLY as much as you do.

<--- See my post count vs yours.I'm not at work.

Do you post from work?

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I haven't seen anything in his history to completely preclude him from employment. Therefore, I would have to go on his actual job performance.

Why doesn't Obama just go ahead and name Rosie O'Donnell the director of Homeland Security? THere's nothing in her history to preclude her from that job.

Fire can't melt steel!
http://www.onejerusalem.com/wp-content/rosieksm.jpg

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Look! I made a big straw woman!

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm not at work.

Do you post from work?

I'm the only person in the world that has an internet connection at work.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm the only person in the world that has an internet connection at work.Do you post from work?

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Do you post from work?

I'm the only person in the world that posts from work.

Your posts are really great. Has anyone ever told you that? They're always original and never repetitive.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 04:48 PM
So you post from work.

It's interesting that it took so long for you to just admit it, and even after all the stalling and attempts at distraction, the most you can do is avoid a simple "yes" and still try to defect with a "everybody's doing it!" refrain straight out of middle school.

Are you really that embarrassed that you make these posts from work?

DarrinS
09-04-2009, 04:53 PM
So you post from work.

It's interesting that it took so long for you to just admit it, and even after all the stalling and attempts at distraction, the most you can do is avoid a simple "yes" and still try to defect with a "everybody's doing it!" refrain straight out of middle school.

Are you really that embarrassed that you make these posts from work?

Are my nuts salty?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Are my nuts salty?Should you really be posting that kind of invective from work?

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 06:04 PM
No, they don't.

Lil bitch is talking about whining....'blame Bush, blame Cheney,Why.why,why,why,why.... Fucking hypocrite.

He should not have been hired. Can you explain why this guy was hired.....Please tell me. You seem to ignore this question.

Your world says once a person is hired for a job, it is his to lose. Sorry buddy. Not in the real world. Get out more often. If someone should lose a job after they were hire Van is the man.

I'll bet both my nuts this guy has not been able to do a halfway decent job considering all the baggage he has. No way he could. In time I'm sure someone will give us a record of his job perfomance but I don't need that to know his ass needs to go.

Cling on to this last vine.

doobs
09-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Chump, after a background check, would you have hired Van Jones to be a high level official in your administration if you were president?

Yes or no question.

hope4dopes
09-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Interesting question..Obama has put more than a few nut jobs in place, if he throws this one under the bus then the light will switch to say for instance Mark Lloyd or others on the endless czar list.So he may try and bluff his way through
His political allies over his lifetime looks like a whose who of anti capitalist, anti westeren radicals. I mean the Clinton defense did work pretty good for him...You know the "Yes I sat in the Church? of a racist anti semite hate monger for 20 years but I didn't inhale"
I'm getting a sense however that the nation, though forgiving of youthfull ignorance, it is not ready to sacrifice the nation in order to indulge the stunted and narcistic souls of people like soros and obama.

boutons_deux
09-04-2009, 08:31 PM
since Repugs are blocking tons of appointments, czars are how Magic Negro can run govt without being harassed by genetic, reflexive Repugnant obstructionists.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 08:35 PM
since Repugs are blocking tons of appointments, czars are how Magic Negro can run govt without being harassed by genetic, reflexive Repugnant obstructionists.

Blame the repugs for this douche being a racist, a self proclaim communist and a truther. Also he wants to give all the USA money to the native americans.

You are one dumb motherfucker.

hope4dopes
09-04-2009, 08:37 PM

Thanks for clarifying that...I mean that kinda makes sense since the democrats control the entire congress. At first I thought you were just spouting bullshit...but now

SnakeBoy
09-04-2009, 10:21 PM
I mean that kinda makes sense since the democrats control the entire congress.

That's the funniest part of all these political threads. Republicans have ZERO power in washington and these fools are whining about the repubs.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Lil bitch is talking about whining....'blame Bush, blame Cheney,Why.why,why,why,why.... Fucking hypocrite.

He should not have been hired. Can you explain why this guy was hired.....Please tell me. You seem to ignore this question.He was very involved in green energy activism. Won a bunch of awards for his work. Wrote a book published by Rupert Murdoch.

Your world says once a person is hired for a job, it is his to lose. Sorry buddy. Not in the real world. Get out more often. If someone should lose a job after they were hire Van is the man.Why should he lose his job? Because you said so?

Get out in the real world more often, you'll find your opinion doesn't mean shit.

I'll bet both my nuts this guy has not been able to do a halfway decent job considering all the baggage he has. No way he could. In time I'm sure someone will give us a record of his job perfomance but I don't need that to know his ass needs to go.

Cling on to this last vine.Ok, you made the bet -- go find out whether he has done a good job.

Chump, after a background check, would you have hired Van Jones to be a high level official in your administration if you were president?I haven't done a background check on him, nor have I seen a background check on him.

SnakeBoy
09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Chump, he'll be gone by tuesday. Are you going to be upset?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Chump, he'll be gone by tuesday. Are you going to be upset?No. I said he's be gone if he became the distraction the Republicans wanted him to be, and like you and everyone else I had never heard of him before someone dug up something he said months ago.

It remains a fantastically unimportant sideshow.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Haven't done a background check on him, nor have I seen a background check on him.

Take a peak or shut the fuck up.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Take a peak or shut the fuck up.Nothing I've read here constitutes a real background check.

And you can't make anyone shut up, tough guy.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Why should he lose his job? Because you said so? Nope. He is a racist,communist and a truther. You can't want him representing you?

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Nothing I've read here constitutes a real background check.

And you can't make anyone shut up, tough guy. Keep reading pussy

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Nope. He is a racist,communist and a truther. You can't want him representing you?Doesn't seem like much of a communist as he's made a bit of scratch. Racist? You guys have completely worn out that word -- doesn't mean anything coming from you. Twoofer? Again, I'd want a more thorough check -- some of the things asked for aren't completely unreasonable.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Keep reading pussyI did. I don't make any appointments. I don't see anything that would really preclude him from a very liberal administration. Neither did you when he was actually appointed. Where was your outrage then?

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Again, I'd want a more thorough check -- some of the things asked for aren't completely unreasonable.

Do it. It is not unreasonable to ask a pubilc officail such as Obama to not hire a racist,communist and truther as one of his advisors. That is what Van is.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Do it. It is not unreasonable to ask a pubilc officail such as Obama to not hire a racist,communist and truther as one of his advisors. That is what Van is.According to you, a douche.

Forgive me if I have no respect at all for anything you ever post -- it's just that you suck so horribly.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Neither did you when he was actually appointed. Where was your outrage then?

Didn't know until now. Now I know like the rest of America. Fire his ass.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Didn't know until now. Now I know like the rest of America. Fire his ass.Right, you were completely ignorant until someone told you to be angry about this.

Pull your string and you wet your pants.

Works every time.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 10:57 PM
According to you, a douche.

Forgive me if I have no respect at all for anything you ever post -- it's just that you suck so horribly.

Defend a racist,communist and a truther. That makes you the suck. Oh let me guess,"Give me evidence he sucks at his job" LOSER

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Right, you were completely ignorant until someone told you to be angry about this.

Pull your string and you wet your pants.

Works every time.

Wrong

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Defend a racist,communist and a truther. That makes you the suck. Oh let me guess,"Give me evidence he sucks at his job" LOSERNah, I know you couldn't if you tried.

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 10:58 PM
WrongOf course I'm right, pee-pants.

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Of course I'm right, pee-pants.

:sleep

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 11:02 PM

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm still waiting if you would hire this guy after you found out he was a racist,truther and/or communist at any company you would run?

ChumpDumper
09-04-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm still waiting if you would hire this guy after you found out he was a racist,truther and/or communist at any company you would run?You haven't proven to what degree he is any of these. Just another false pretense from you guys. It's tiresome.

He called Republicans assholes months ago, and you're peeing your pants now. That's the only thing that is clear here.

You're probably helping his book sales now. What are you getting out of this?

jack sommerset
09-04-2009, 11:13 PM
You haven't proven to what degree he is any of these. Just another false pretense from you guys. It's tiresome.

Keep avoiding the question. Self proclaim communist. White people posion color communities. USA attacked the trade centers. Would you hire him? If you did would you shit can him 6 months later knowing he goes against what America stands for? 2 questions.

doobs
09-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Again, if you were president, would you hire him?

It's a yes or no question, chump. You're fond of those.

SnakeBoy
09-04-2009, 11:57 PM
It remains a fantastically unimportant sideshow.

Well it's either this or Obama's school speach. Unless you haven't had enough of the townhalls. This is the most entertaining choice IMO.

The real fun begins on Wednesday. Obama vs Pelosi in a cage match. Should be a classic.

ChumpDumper
09-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Again, if you were president, would you hire him?

It's a yes or no question, chump. You're fond of those.I don't know enough about him. The fact that you guys are throwing multiple tantrums about him probably outweighs any legitimate concerns.

Well it's either this or Obama's school speach. Unless you haven't had enough of the townhalls. This is the most entertaining choice IMO.It's speech.

hope4dopes
09-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Doesn't seem like much of a communist as he's made a bit of scratch. Racist? You guys have completely worn out that word -- doesn't mean anything coming from you. Twoofer? Again, I'd want a more thorough check -- some of the things asked for aren't completely unreasonable.

No wonder you support Obamacare your knees must need replacemnets by now and Obamas only been feeding it to you for less than a year.....So what your saying is.....DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY DENY....LIE.
Is that your point?

George Gervin's Afro
09-05-2009, 12:59 PM
so i guess we can take from this dialogue that the resident conservatives are ok with firing someone because they have a different point of view.

nice job guys.

boutons_deux
09-05-2009, 01:00 PM
right-wing bully bastards hard at work.

fuck all y'll and the assholes who dictate your thoughts.

Do I really have to trot dubya's cabinet level ASSHOLES, Supreme Court nominee mascara dolls, etc?

SnakeBoy
09-05-2009, 01:24 PM
It's speech.

:lol You guys are so easy.

ChumpDumper
09-05-2009, 02:03 PM
:lol You guys are so easy.I was helping him out. He misspells that every time. If you are implying he is doing that on purpose, that's really funny.

jack sommerset
09-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Nice hire. BUT blaming white people for polluting the color communities doesn't mean he is doing a piss poor job as a special advisor for green jobs working with these white criminals.

The douche signed a petition that he believes our govenrment attacked ourselves. This czar radical activist said if we don't change our ways we will have solar polar bulldozers, solar power buzz saws,biofuel bombers, and we will be fighting wars over lithium for batteries instead of oil for the engines and we will still have a dead planet. HAHAHA. He says he is going to change the whole system. Fuck dude. Atleast he admits what he is. Wish Obama would instead of hiding behind people like Van Jones.

O6gOmIalJVw

hope4dopes
09-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Nice hire. BUT blaming white people for polluting the color communities doesn't mean he is doing a piss poor job as a special advisor for green jobs working with these white criminals.

The douche signed a petition that he believes our govenrment attacked ourselves. This czar radical activist said if we don't change our ways we will have solar polar bulldozers, solar power buzz saws,biofuel bombers, and we will be fight wars over lithium for batteries instead of oil for the engines and we will still have a dead planet. HAHAHA. He says he is going to change the whole system. Fuck dude. Atleast he admits what he is. Wish Obama would instead of hiding behind people like Van Jones.

O6gOmIalJVw

Now old Van has got a moral imperative to hate whitey. I really don't think this is what the sierra club had in mind.He don't really hate white folks he just wants to save the whales.

boutons_deux
09-05-2009, 06:05 PM
"signed a petition that he believes our govenrment attacked ourselves."

lie. The petition was for an investigation of what and why dubya, dickhead, rummy, and neo-c*nts DIDN'T do to defend USA, between 1/20 and 9/11.

I'm convinced someone as evil as President Dickhead was praying for a Bring-em-on attack to be used as pretext to go after the oil in Iraq. He then lied repeatedly, for years, tying Saddam to WTC, while carrying out his neo-c*nt pre-2000 plan to invade Iraq.

Jones speaks the truth: "Repugs are ASSHOLES".

Lying, sliming, white racist Repugs HATE being truthfully described by niggaz. So now the Repugs have formed lynch mobs to hang this nigga up where he belongs.

jack sommerset
09-05-2009, 06:27 PM
"signed a petition that he believes our govenrment attacked ourselves."

lie. The petition was for an investigation of what and why dubya, dickhead, rummy, and neo-c*nts DIDN'T do to defend USA, between 1/20 and 9/11.

I'm convinced someone as evil as President Dickhead was praying for a Bring-em-on attack to be used as pretext to go after the oil in Iraq. He then lied repeatedly, for years, tying Saddam to WTC, while carrying out his neo-c*nt pre-2000 plan to invade Iraq.

Jones speaks the truth: "Repug are HOLES".

Lying, sliming, white racist Repugs HATE being truthfully described by niggaz. So now the Repugs have formed lynch mobs to hang this nigga up where he belongs.

You are a pathetic loser. For you to think all republicans are assholes makes you one dumb fuck. Without question. Lucky for me I am a independent. I don't have to defend one side or the other like I am cheering for my favorite basketball team in doing so LOOK LIKE A FUCKING RETARD which you do.

On Thursday, it was revealed that Jones signed onto a petition in 2004 that called for an "immediate inquiry into evidence that suggests high-level government officials may have deliberately allowed the September 11th attacks to occur."

Jones now says that he did not sign on to the ideas described in what he signed. "As for the petition that was circulated today, I do not agree with this statement and it certainly does not reflect my views now or ever," Jones said in the statement."

Isn't that special. He doesn't believe what he signed or what he said and everything he said has no bearing on what he does. Match made in heaven for this adminsitration.

Van Jones is a racist, Black National Liberation member. Obama knew what Van the man beliefs are and were in the past. Valerie Jarrett in her own words said Obama and she have known Jones "ever since his days at Berkley".

hope4dopes
09-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I think it's funny that most people offended by Van Hones anti-white/racist whatever you want to call them comments aren't worth much anyway. It's almost as that's all they have left to fall back on, white pride. As usual you have nothing noteworthy to say.

boutons_deux
09-05-2009, 06:40 PM
"immediate inquiry into evidence that suggests high-level government officials may have deliberately allowed the September 11th attacks to occur."

... which is exactly what I think.

At very best (never very much with the Repugs), Repugs were guilty of dereliction of duty and gross incompetence. They knew it so they claimed to be innocent victims of Slick Willie, and then went on to break many laws to make sure the Repugs didn't get caught NOT defending the country again, even preparing people for the next attack-loser-Repugs-couldn't-stop by saying "not if, but when".

But more likely, dickhead and the neo-c*nts, having rammed through their tax cut for the wealthy (aka, their oligarchic selves), figured they could then mosey on to the their next priority, grabbing Iraqi oil (dubya mentioned Iraq/Saddam in his FIRST Cabinet meeting in Feb 01).

WTC wasn't clearly tied to Saddam, so dickhead had to lie about the tie, and visit the CIA numerous times to get them to agree to trump up a case for invading Iraq.

So the Repugs can hire BigPharma people into the FDA, hire oil lobbyists into the MM, logging lobbyists into the BLM, nominate ridiculous Mascara Meyers to SCOTUS, hire incompetent religious nutters like Ashcroft to DOJ, ass-kissing Gonzo to DOJ (all much more important offices), instruct US Attorney's to go on voter fraud witch hunts, and all that's OK, but hiring a leftist black man in some vague "green jobs" role, isn't.

QED, you're racist and hypocritical.

jack sommerset
09-05-2009, 06:44 PM
"immediate inquiry into evidence that suggests high-level government officials may have deliberately allowed the September 11th attacks to occur."

... which is exactly what I think.

At very best (never very much with the Repugs), Repugs were guilty of dereliction of duty and gross incompetence. They knew it so they claimed to be innocent victims of Slick Willie, and then went on to break many laws to make sure the Repugs didn't get caught NOT defending the country again, even preparing people for the next attack-Repugs-couldn't-stop by say "not if, but when".

But more likely, dickhead and the neo-c*nts, having rammed through their tax cut for the wealthy (aka, their oligarchic selves), figured they could then mosey on to the their next priority, grabbing Iraqi oil (dubya mentioned Iraq/Saddam in his FIRST Cabinet meeting in Feb 01).

WTC wasn't clearly tied to Saddam, so dickhead had to lie about the tie, and visit the CIA numerous times to get them to agree to trump up a case for invading Iraq.

So the Repugs can hire BigPharma people into the FDA, hire oil lobbyists into the MM, logging lobbyists into the BLM, nominate ridiculous Mascara Meyers to SCOTUS, hire incompetent religious nutters like Ashcroft to DOJ, ass-kissing Gonzo to DOJ (all much more important offices), and all that's OK, but hiring a leftist black man in some vague "green jobs" role, isn't.

QED, you're racist and hypocritical.

Dude you really have issues. I feel sorry for you. Good day.

hope4dopes
09-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Damn BD you just had a sorta premature ejacuation kinda thing there.......facist wet dreams.

hope4dopes
09-05-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm sorry for not adding to your very in-depth intellectual discussion. Let's continue this lynch mob for Van Jones, it's just to good. Much better than birther talk. Maybe we could have a revolution and insert Dick Cheney as supreme leader.

intellectual? The obama regime is anything but intellectual, this group is becoming holed up in the whitehouse, afraid of the people, an embarassing episode for the Democrat party.
DEMOCRATS are abandoning these nut jobs.Please by all means try and defend this regime it just embarasses and dicredits the DNC even more.
I'm afraid the nation is no longer interested in having discousre with lunatics, who try and legitamize communists, anti semites,PLO apoligists, domestic terrorists, racists,and facists, but please by all means continue to make an ass of yourselves.

George Gervin's Afro
09-05-2009, 07:22 PM
intellectual? The obama regime is anything but intellectual, this group is becoming holed up in the whitehouse, afraid of the people, an embarassing episode for the Democrat party.
DEMOCRATS are abandoning these nut jobs.Please by all means try and defend this regime it just embarasses and dicredits the DNC even more.
I'm afraid the nation is no longer interested in having discousre with lunatics, who try and legitamize communists, anti semites,PLO apoligists, domestic terrorists, racists,and facists, but please by all means continue to make an ass of yourselves.

well actually the townhall mobsters are confirming the perception of today's GOP. The GOP is opening their arms for these nut jobs. I guess this confirms that the republican party is beign hijaclked but you nut jobs... the nation rejected you and your fellow scum and will continue to do so..

jack sommerset
09-05-2009, 07:35 PM
well actually the townhall mobsters are confirming the perception of today's GOP. The GOP is opening their arms for these nut jobs. I guess this confirms that the republican party is beign hijaclked but you nut jobs... the nation rejected you and your fellow scum and will continue to do so..

:lol MOBSTERS How on earth can you take yourself serious let alone expect anyone else too. Dude. That is ignorant.

George Gervin's Afro
09-05-2009, 10:44 PM
:lol MOBSTERS How on earth can you take yourself serious let alone expect anyone else too. Dude. That is ignorant.

you're right. i was wrong to demean scum when i compared it to the gop. my bad

angrydude
09-05-2009, 11:22 PM
He resigned.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jjHS8S3jIndU2oI6WHB_KqB-pvwAD9AHJBMG1

hope4dopes
09-05-2009, 11:28 PM

Well a lot of them are disillusioned democrats. I guess you haven't checked Obama's poll numbers lately nor the fact the fact there is alot of democrats in congress that aren't towing the line anymore.Great pecs aren't enough it seems.

jack sommerset
09-06-2009, 12:56 AM
He resigned.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jjHS8S3jIndU2oI6WHB_KqB-pvwAD9AHJBMG1

Shocking. He was doing a great job.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 08:58 AM
well actually the townhall mobsters ...
You are aware, of course, that every actual act of violence associated with the townhall meetings were committed by Obamacare SUPPORTERS, right?

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 08:59 AM
He resigned.

It's getting pretty crowded under the bus. Keep up the good work Beck and company...keep doing the job the mainstream media refuses to do.

George Gervin's Afro
09-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Shocking. He was doing a great job.

Somehow I think you dead enders will find some other petty reasons to bitch and moan. You guys are happy now, right?

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Somehow I think you dead enders will find some other petty reasons to bitch and moan. You guys are happy now, right?
Nope. Won't be happy until Obama's socialist agenda is in shambles and he's a whimpering idiot, blubbering and trying to find a corner in the Oval Office.

Then, I'll be happy.

He seems pretty close to that now. I mean, taking a vacation from a vacation and putting Biden in charge? C'mon, you gotta question the sanity of that move.

George Gervin's Afro
09-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Nope. Won't be happy until Obama's socialist agenda is in shambles and he's a whimpering idiot, blubbering and trying to find a corner in the Oval Office.

Then, I'll be happy.

He seems pretty close to that now. I mean, taking a vacation from a vacation and putting Biden in charge? C'mon, you gotta question the sanity of that move.

good luck with that..:lmao

so your pu$$y still hurts..

George Gervin's Afro
09-06-2009, 09:08 AM
It's getting pretty crowded under the bus. Keep up the good work Beck and company...keep doing the job the mainstream media refuses to do.

what's beck going to now?

does the truth matter to you? he resigned..so how was he thrown under the bus? this should be good.

George Gervin's Afro
09-06-2009, 09:18 AM
You are aware, of course, that every actual act of violence associated with the townhall meetings were committed by Obamacare SUPPORTERS, right?

who starts the riots?

BadMoodBob
09-06-2009, 09:26 AM
I am absolutely appalled Van Jones was able to get such a position in the U.S.A.

Two biggest things these events have showed me:

1) Reinforces the belief the "Green Movement", while used in the hands of the Government, is nothing more than a smoke-n-mirrors feel-good shield to hide the true agenda.

2) Obama has shown a pattern in the people he is surrounding himself with that cannot be ignored or scoffed away anymore. He is either ignorant of the danger these people can bring when given an ounce of power. Weak if he is letting these people muscle their way in. Or worse, he agrees with many of their radical viewpoints.

SnakeBoy
09-06-2009, 09:27 AM
He resigned.

:lmao One sentence.

Wild Cobra
09-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Great vetting process the Obama administration has.

George Gervin's Afro
09-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Great vetting process the Obama administration has.

Yay!!!! We won!!!:rolleyes

jack sommerset
09-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Yay!!!! We won!!!:rolleyes

"We" won.:lol Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa team!

boutons_deux
09-06-2009, 10:18 AM
How many wasted dead American military is Jones responsible for?

This "uproar", like tea parties and health care town mauls, is totally manufactured for ignorant, crazy, bigoted sheeple, like most of their "reality", by Repug/conservative demagogues and the hate media vehicle.

America, The Greatest Show Business on Earth.

jack sommerset
09-06-2009, 10:18 AM
I am absolutely appalled Van Jones was able to get such a position in the U.S.A.

1) Reinforces the belief the "Green Movement", while used in the hands of the Government, is nothing more than a smoke-n-mirrors feel-good shield to hide the true agenda.

Exactly. No way this asshole was doing a good job talking about if we don't change our ways we will have solar polar bulldozers, solar power buzz saws,biofuel bombers, and we will be fighting wars over lithium for batteries instead of oil for the engines and we will still have a dead planet.

Do your fucking JOB you were hire to do asshole.

jack sommerset
09-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Anyhoot. The dumbass is gone so "we" as in our country as in Americans our better for it.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 10:57 AM
who starts the riots?
What riots?

Who beat a protester nearly to death? Who bit off another's finger?

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 10:59 AM

2) Obama has shown a pattern in the people he is surrounding himself with that cannot be ignored or scoffed away anymore. He is either ignorant of the danger these people can bring when given an ounce of power. Weak if he is letting these people muscle their way in. Or worse, he agrees with many of their radical viewpoints.
He agrees.

20 years of associating with the likes of Van Jones, Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, and others would -- to normal people -- be enough to substantiate this but, Obamaniacs aren't normal people.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 11:49 AM
And, if anyone thinks it is a case of just not being properly vetted:

Ud_yNFnfrSI
Think again.

jack sommerset
09-06-2009, 12:42 PM
And, if anyone thinks it is a case of just not being properly vetted:

Ud_yNFnfrSI
Think again.

People want/wanted to give Obama the benifit of the doubt. Americans know Obama is a far left for the most part. The question is how far will he take his fucked up socialist views. I say to the end. This douche is still talking about free healthcare for everyone when Americans overwhemingly do not want it.

boutons_deux
09-06-2009, 12:51 PM
"far left for the most part"

what in his voting or presidential record proves he's far left.

We know he's not socialist, that's just right-wing radical slime.

"talking about free healthcare for everyone"

holy fucking shit, you guys NEVER STOP LYING, do you?

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 12:57 PM

http://www.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/sen/lib_cons.htm?o1=lib_composite&o2=desc#results

VbXrSK_VfME
Seriously, bd. It took me all of 30 seconds to find a direct refutation of both your claims and you don't even have the decency to respond.

Bumped for your pleasure.

jack sommerset
09-06-2009, 01:04 PM

Americans know he is a socialist. Those who don't are still in denial. A socialist is person who believes that the community as a whole should own businesses, rather than individuals. Make up every excuse you want. This community organizer quacks like a duck,walks like a duck, must be a duck. Your man is a socialist. I hope you don't think I am being racist?

hope4dopes
09-06-2009, 02:31 PM
"We" won.:lol Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa team!

Now let's get rid of Mark Lloyd.

jack sommerset
09-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Now let's get rid of Mark Lloyd.

Just to clarify. "we won. Yeaaaa team." I was making fun of George and folks cheering for team Obama. George says "we" like he is on a sports team.

As far as Mark Lloyd is concern I have to check with my puppet masters. Its a holiday weekend and they are not available.

hope4dopes
09-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Just to clarify. "we won. Yeaaaa team." I was making fun of George and folks cheering for team Obama. George says "we" like he is on a sports team.

As far as Mark Lloyd is concern I have to check with my puppet masters. Its a holiday weekend and they are not available.

It is for just this reason I have not only a puppet master, but also a zionist master, that way my ass is covered during whatever holiday.

George Gervin's Afro
09-06-2009, 03:49 PM

yeah you guys won. it's like you guys got the 12th man on the d-league team cut. great job..I guess as bad as your asses have been kicked over the last 4 yrs any victory is worth celebrating..:lmao

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 03:54 PM
yeah you guys won. it's like you guys got the 12th man on the d-league team cut. great job..I guess as bad as your asses have been kicked over the last 4 yrs any victory is worth celebrating..:lmao
I think you denigrate Van Jones' position in the administration.

Valerie Jarrett, no back-bencher, lauded him as a cherry of the administration. He was, after all, the "green energy" czar and would probably have had a lot of influence on energy policy and the upcoming fight over cap and tax.

No?

Kind of makes him more of a Michael Irving to Troy Aikman, if you ask me.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-06-2009, 05:07 PM
He resigned.

Glenn Beck - 1
Obama administration - 0

:tu

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Glenn Beck - 1
Obama administration - 0

:tu

More like

America 1
Commie Bastards 0

George Gervin's Afro
09-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I think you denigrate Van Jones' position in the administration.

Valerie Jarrett, no back-bencher, lauded him as a cherry of the administration. He was, after all, the "green energy" czar and would probably have had a lot of influence on energy policy and the upcoming fight over cap and tax.

No?

Kind of makes him more of a Michael Irving to Troy Aikman, if you ask me.

No you're right yoni you guys enjoy this victory tonight..:lmao

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 05:37 PM
No you're right yoni you guys enjoy this victory tonight..:lmao
It ain't over. But, thanks, we will.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Www.Knowyourczars.com

Hmmmm. Who's next?

SnakeBoy
09-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Van Jones on his resignation...

"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me. They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide,"

He has no plans for his future other than hanging out with Sarah Palin tomorrow.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Eh, Beck was just pissed because an organization Jones started was successful in getting a bunch of sponsors to dump Beck's show.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Www.Knowyourczars.com

Hmmmm. Who's next?
I think it should be John Holdren. But, that's just me.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Eh, Beck was just pissed because an organization Jones started was successful in getting a bunch of sponsors to dump Beck's show.

They moved their spots to other peoples shows on the same network which pay beck the same amount of money. Not a damn thing was done to him. Van jones is unemployed. Beck still is employed.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I think it should be John Holdren. But, that's just me.He was approved by the Senate with no votes against him.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-06-2009, 06:02 PM
who starts the riots?

Who dines on fingers?

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 06:02 PM
They moved their spots to other peoples shows on the same network which pay beck the same amount of money. Not a damn thing was done to him. Van jones is unemployed. Beck still is employed.
And, his ratings are up. I'm sure he and Fox are crying all the way to the bank.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Who dines on fingers?
Obamacare supporters, apparently.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2009, 06:04 PM
They moved their spots to other peoples shows on the same network which pay beck the same amount of money.So you confirm Beck lost sponsors.
Not a damn thing was done to him.Except he lost sponsors.
Van jones is unemployed. Beck still is employed.This will probably give Jones' personal fortunes a shot in the arm.

And Republicans are still assholes.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Obamacare supporters, apparently.

Oh nose!!!!!

Viva Las Espuelas
09-06-2009, 06:06 PM
So you confirm Beck lost sponsors.Except he lost sponsors. Same amount of money.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Same amount of money.Larger amount of butthurt.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Obama did not order Van Jones' resignation, adviser says

..............and oj was innocent.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 06:13 PM
He should have been fired before midnight last night.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 07:12 PM
But wait! Is the story over?

Baltimore Sun television critic David Zurawik blogged (http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/zontv/2009/09/van_jones_resigns_glenn_beck_f.html):

“Not for a second am I denying the recklessness of Beck’s words about the president, but the link between Jones and ColorOfChange is enough of a connection to raise questions in my mind about the propriety of an organization co-founded by an adviser to the president organizing a boycott against a broadcaster who criticized that president. Does this not sound like something out of the Richard Nixon-Spiro Agnew White House for dealing with so-called enemies in the press?”
Maybe it'll get some traction.

I also read Keith Olbermann is appealing to the Kos Kids (http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/9/6/777880/-Send-Me-Everything-You-Can-Find-About-Glenn-Beck) for dirt on Beck.

:corn:

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Seriously, bd. It took me a whole 30 seconds to find direct refutations of both your claims and you don't even have the decency to respond.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/sen/lib_cons.htm?o1=lib_composite&o2=desc#results

VbXrSK_VfME
Seriously, bd. It took me all of 30 seconds to find a direct refutation of both your claims and you don't even have the decency to respond.

Shastafarian
09-06-2009, 07:16 PM
I also read Keith Olbermann is appealing to the Kos Kids (http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/9/6/777880/-Send-Me-Everything-You-Can-Find-About-Glenn-Beck) for dirt on Beck.

Beck told his followers to “FIND EVERYTHING YOU CAN ON CASS SUNSTEIN, MARK LLOYD AND CAROL BROWNER.” They are, respectively, the nominee to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, the Associate General Counsel and Chief Diversity Officer of the FCC, and the Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Beck told his followers to “FIND EVERYTHING YOU CAN ON CASS SUNSTEIN, MARK LLOYD AND CAROL BROWNER.” They are, respectively, the nominee to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, the Associate General Counsel and Chief Diversity Officer of the FCC, and the Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change.

Dirt on a television personality vs. dirt on high-placed Obama administration personnel?

Could be interesting... But, you would think the threshold for propriety would be a bit lower for those in position of public trust.

Shastafarian
09-06-2009, 07:21 PM

Dirt on a television personality vs. dirt on high-placed Obama administration personnel?

Could be interesting... But, you would think the threshold for propriety would be a bit lower for those in position of public trust.

Depends on the dirt. Still proves Beck is an asshole.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Depends on the dirt. Still proves Beck is an asshole.
And that asshole was able to expose and bring down a communist asshole in the Obama government.

Job well done, I say. I don't care how big an asshole he is.

Shastafarian
09-06-2009, 07:26 PM
You sure it wasn't just one of his twidiots?

BadMoodBob
09-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Communists calling another an asshole is a Medal of Honor.

Shastafarian
09-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Communists calling another an asshole is a Medal of Honor.

I'm a communist?

BadMoodBob
09-06-2009, 07:29 PM
If you feel hatred towards a man partially because he took down a communist on your team, you are far weaker than a communist.

Nice scalp on Beck's wall.

Shastafarian
09-06-2009, 07:33 PM
If you feel hatred towards a man partially because he took down a communist on your team, you are far weaker than a communist.

lol at the internet psychic. I guess I'm a communist because I don't worship at the altar of Glenn Beck. And I don't hate him. He's an asshole, that's for sure. But I don't hate the mentally challenged. I feel sorry for them.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 07:38 PM
lol at the internet psychic. I guess I'm a communist because I don't worship at the altar of Glenn Beck. And I don't hate him. He's an asshole, that's for sure. But I don't hate the mentally challenged. I feel sorry for them.
Actually, I think he was referring to Van Jones...not you.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Talk about being butt hurt. People still protecting someone they didn't even know until beck zeroed in on them. Face it. You lost. I think this is the easiest and quickest mission accomplished for any "smear campaign" I've ever heard about. Protect away………

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Talk about being butt hurt. People still protecting someone they didn't even know until beck zeroed in on them. Face it. You lost. I think this is the easiest and quickest mission accomplished for any "smear campaign" I've ever heard about. Protect away………
Hell, it would have been a lot quicker if the media had done it's job.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I particularly liked this part of the Jones' statement:

"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me. They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide," he said.

"I have been inundated with calls -- from across the political spectrum -- urging me to 'stay and fight,'"
Having called all Republicans assholes, I'd be curious to know who represented that part of the political spectrum in the call inundation.

Of course, it could be what some commenter on a blog I read, wrote:

I had to chuckle when I read Van Jones's assertion that he "received encouragement from across the political spectrum to 'stay and fight.'"

Yeah, right, from the Bolsheviks, the Mensheviks and even the Trotskyites!

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
More comedy...

_i8-5kMmiUo

hope4dopes
09-06-2009, 09:01 PM
The wheels on the bus go round and round.. round and round round and round the wheels on the bus go ..BUMP, BUMP...BUMP,BUMP...Shiiiiiiiit .........sorry about that comrade Van.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 09:03 PM
The wheels on the bus go round and round.. round and round round and round the wheels on the bus go ..BUMP, BUMP...BUMP,BUMP...Shiiiiiiiit .........sorry about that comrade Van.
I'm not sure the wheels on Obama's bus even touch the ground anymore what with all the debris that's been tossed under there over the past year.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Scale model of the new Obama bus.

http://www.school-bus-gifts.com/products/MONSTERMUD.jpg

boutons_deux
09-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Beck apparently has a list Magic Negro's appointees that he's going after next.

McCarthyism all over again. And we have McCarthy-ites right here in the forum.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 09:19 PM

Well, let's see...Van Jones is an actual Communist so... your point?

Oh, and one more distinguishing point. Glenn Beck isn't a U. S. Senator heading a Congressional Committee.

And, I keep thinking of points.

Is there anything Glenn Beck reported on Van Jones that wasn't true?

hope4dopes
09-06-2009, 09:32 PM

I'm sorry? who was it with the watch list of vetrans and other law abiding terrorists, who was it with the whitehouse website to renounce your nieghbors, who was it tar and feathering peacefully assembled citizens as mobs.

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 09:38 PM
And, as Mark Steyn put it, something he didn't say got more mainstream media attention than Van Jones.

It'll be in Bartlett's by next week (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YWFjYjQyYjM3MGU0N2M0MmIxZjI1YjI0ZTcyMjJlY2U=)

Speaking of The New York Times, Jonah, in my weekend column I noted my rare appearance (http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=NWRiZTdhYTA4MmFkYWJkYjliZDA5OWFiMTU0YmU5YTg=) in its august pages (well, okay, September pages):

Mark Steyn, a Canadian author and political commentator, speaking on the Rush Limbaugh show on Wednesday, accused Mr. Obama of trying to create a cult of personality, comparing him to Saddam Hussein and Kim Jong Il, the North Korean leader.
Tim Blair, the great Australian wag, has a round-up (http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/not_not_heard/#commentsmore) of those hardworking types at other publications whose concept of journalism begins and ends with seeing what's in The New York Times and passing it on. Tim missed a few, like The Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/2161828.html):

On Wednesday, Canadian-born writer Mark Steyn said on Rush Limbaugh's nationally broadcast radio show that Obama's ambitions to create a "cult of personality" were similar to those of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il or former Iraqi strongman Saddam Hussein.
And The Las Vegas Sun (http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/sep/06/republican-rhetoric/):

The New York Times quoted Mark Steyn, filling in for conservative radio demagogue Rush Limbaugh, as saying Obama was trying to create a cult of personality like Saddam Hussein or North Korea’s Kim Jong Il.
"Quoted", eh? Actually, if you read (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/04/us/04school.html?bl&ex=1252296000&en=aca08736a6e52505&ei=5087%0A)the Times piece - by two reporters, no less - the striking feature is that there's no direct quote, is there? Not to worry. It's even been picked up overseas. Lara Marlowe in Ireland's newspaper of record, The Irish Times (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2009/0905/1224253908221.html):

First prize for lunacy goes to Canadian commentator Mark Steyn, who accuses Obama of trying to establish a “personality cult” like Saddam Hussein or North Korean leader Kim Jong-il.
And first prize for laziness goes to Irish commentator Lara Marlowe. For the record, here's the only thing I actually said (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200909020022) about Kim and Saddam on Wednesday's Rush show:

Obviously we’re not talking about the cult of personality on the kind of Saddam Hussein/Kim Jong-Il scale.
It shouldn't be that difficult for Ms Marlowe and the stenographers of The Las Vegas Sun, Chicago Tibune et al. The Times helpfully enclosed a link to George Soros' website and the relevant bit of audio lasts all of 54 seconds, so it wouldn't cut unduly into Ms Marlowe's and Tim Wiegand's valuable time for original research.

As I understand it, what we're supposed to miss about US newspapers will be the "layers of fact-checking" and rigorous editing. In reality, a significant percentage of American newspapering is little more than provincial wannabes doing New York Times karaoke - which might have made more sense before young Sulzberger drove his paper to junk stock and into the arms of its unlikely Mexican benefactor. Meanwhile, tens of millions of real people hear Rush's show, but any similarity between the audio and the version that appears in the "newspaper of record" is entirely coincidental.

As for my former colleague in Dublin, too many overseas "bureaus" in Washington boil down to paying someone to relocate halfway round the world, sit in an office at the National Press Building and transcribe The New York Times and Wolf Blitzer's "Situation Room" all day long. An expensive business model.

Still, look on the bright side: My non-quote got more MSM coverage than Van Jones! Gotta know your priorities.
One can't help but wonder what might have been if The New York Times hadn't waited until Van Jones resigned before noticing there was a controversy.

Or, if they had looked at Bill Ayers...

Jeremiah Wright...

Samantha Powers...

With the same enthusiasm they have when it comes to Obama's critics.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2009, 09:54 PM
So Steyn said Obama is using the stay in school speech to establish a cult of personality.

Shastafarian
09-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Musical Interlude!!!

RZ5SVDYBNrY

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Ouch!

EUGENE VOLOKH (http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2009_09_06-2009_09_12.shtml#1252210704):
“Others have pointed out that having offices called ‘czars’ is an odd naming choice for a democracy. But czars weren’t just authoritarians. They were ultimately authoritarians who left their country far poorer than their more democratic counterparts, lost a world war, and of course paved the way for an even worse system of government. The label ‘czar’ thus doesn’t historically connect to a model of strongman effectiveness — it connects to a model of strongman failure.”

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 09:58 PM
TOM MAGUIRE ON THE VAN JONES RESIGNATION (http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2009/09/van-we-hardly-knew-ye.html):
“The controversy has escalated for weeks, and his resignation finally forced the Times to cover it. Folks living in the Times bubble are possibly becoming accustomed to these moments of whiplash – the Times’ first coverage of the Eason Jordan [scandal] at CNN also came with his resignation.”

ChumpDumper
09-06-2009, 09:59 PM
The term czar connects to every presidency since Nixon, Democrat and Republican.

But a Democrat is in office, so now you decided to care.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-06-2009, 10:35 PM
So Steyn said Obama is using the stay in school speech to establish a cult of personality.

Well yeah. He's already established it for the adults.

George Gervin's Afro
09-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Any guess on what joe public thinks about this? The only people who seem to care are the people who are alive today only to harass Obama on virtually everything he does..

I'm begining to miss the townhall mobsters.... they alwaya gave me a chuckle..

Yonivore
09-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Any guess on what joe public thinks about this? The only people who seem to care are the people who are alive today only to harass Obama on virtually everything he does..

Hell, I'd be surprised if Joe Public is much aware given the mainstream media is just now reporting the story.

Mobsters? You mean like the NEIU thugs that beat up that guy or the Obamacare supporter that bit off that finger? Those mobsters?

hope4dopes
09-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Well yeah. He's already established it for the adults. I think your being generous there. I don't know if I'd use the word adult.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2009, 08:28 AM

You must have a "yes we can" or "yes we did" tattoo on your back or ankle. Awww. How cute. Does finger dining make you chuckle as well? Hmmm, Obama-zombie?

George Gervin's Afro
09-07-2009, 08:40 AM
You must have a "yes we can" or "yes we did" tattoo on your back or ankle. Awww. How cute. Does finger dining make you chuckle as well? Hmmm, Obama-zombie?

You won't fnd many posts defending obama's policies rather you will find me defending the baseless, petty and immature attacks by the likes of you. You're to stupid to realize that because you suffer as a grave case of obama derangement syndrome.. I know your job is make sure he fails..we get it.. What is the next on the Fox New/Sean Hannity/ Rush Limbauigh schedule to attack? Wait for your orders brave keyboard GI..be brave and hide.

Yonivore
09-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Anyone remember Charles "Chas" Freeman?

This isn't the first Obama nut to go down over their -- let's, shall we, say -- extreme political views.

At some point someone needs to ask how much of the views of Obama's appointees are in line with his own. And, if the mainstream media won't do it, thank God for Glenn Beck and The Gateway Pundit.

angrydude
09-07-2009, 10:04 AM

Its not a witch hunt when there are actual witches. And Glenn Beck is no senator.

Yonivore
09-07-2009, 10:35 AM
The Washington Post profiles Van Jones (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2009/09/024459.php)

Not quite a month ago, the Washington Post published Lois Romano's admiring profile (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/10/AR2009081002676.html) of the former Obama administration green jobs commissar Van Jones. Romano takes the green jobs con straight while conceding the difficulty of selling the concept. In light of the recent revelations about Jones, one might say that Romano missed virtually everything of interest about this Marxist nutjob.

Despite the limitations of her profile, Romano made one interesting observation:

His career path was not unlike President Obama's. After graduating from Yale Law School, Jones worked as a community activist in Oakland, Calif., and founded the Ella Barker Center for Human Rights. A few years ago, he saw an opportunity to combine his commitment to racial and economic parity with work to solve the environmental crisis. He soon became a hero of the green movement as he talked about "greening the ghetto," appearing on hip shows such as "The Colbert Report" and sending out his message on YouTube.
Romano's statement that Jones "saw an opportunity to combine his commitment to racial and economic parity with work to solve the environmental crisis," with its subscription to the party line implicit in Jones's presentation of himself, is almost comic in in its cluelessness. Almost.

Try to count the axioms planted in that sentence, which could fairly be translated as "Jones saw how he might combine his racial hustle with his Marxist claptrap to seize on purported concern for the environment as the path to power."

I don't suppose that Romano will be revisiting the observation that Jones's career path was not unlike President Obama's any time soon.

The transcript of Romano's interview with Jones is posted here (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/10/AR2009081002107.html), the video here (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/video/2009/08/10/VI2009081002010.html?sid=ST2009090601541). The video displays the chummy air between Romano and Jones. It explains a lot.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-07-2009, 12:11 PM
You won't fnd many posts defending obama's policies rather you will find me defending the baseless, petty and immature attacks by the likes of you. You're to stupid to realize that because you suffer as a grave case of obama derangement syndrome.. I know your job is make sure he fails..we get it.. What is the next on the Fox New/Sean Hannity/ Rush Limbauigh schedule to attack? Wait for your orders brave keyboard GI..be brave and hide.

:violin:violin

ummm, yeah. Yeah sure. Whatever you say, buddy.

jack sommerset
09-07-2009, 12:28 PM
:violin:violin

ummm, yeah. Yeah sure. Whatever you say, buddy.

No shit. The douche (georgie) actually said you won't find many post defending Obama! God, he just spews out shit.

Looks like Darrin S found his answer to the thread topic.

I am still shocked he resigned. He was doing a outstanding job from no ones account! Quitting on Labor Day doesn't sound very American. Neither does communism.

Yonivore
09-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Who is under the bus (http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/2009/09/06/9895/)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hnqpvFwIwnw/SqR2CfK4i8I/AAAAAAAAEFA/gmP2lyJ5BJA/s400/4.jpg

Van Jones became the first Van to go under the bus. But he is not the first man to go under the bus.

Remember?

Madelyn Dunham. He loved his grandma, but sometimes she said things about other races that made little Barry cringe. Under the bus, grandma.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright. He could no more disown him than he could disown grandma. And he just disowned grandma.

Bill Ayers. Just some guy in the neighborhood. Thanks for arranging that first fund-raiser, writing one of my autobiographies, and giving me my first community organizing job. He’ll have to do that whole education conference again sometime real soon, say, 2027.

Tony Rezko. Thanks for the house. Now have fun in the Big House. Keep quiet and there may be a Marc Rich-type pardon. I mean, Eric Holder is the attorney general.

Nadhmi Auchi. Thanks for arranging that mortgage for the house. Hanging out with Iraqi billionaires ain’t cool.

Hillary Clinton learned that the main job of the secretary of state in this administration is drive train inspections.

Louis Caldera. Thanks for taking the fall for that Air Force One buzzing of New York City. Getting 1 million people to soil themselves is quite a feat. Say hello to Bill Ayers.

Ellen Moran. Lateral promotion from the White House communications office to writing press releases for the Commerce Department.

Tom Daschle. Only one tax cheat per Cabinet and Tim Geithner got there first.

Politico has a few more (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0909/26799.html). Buckle up, it is going to be a bumpy ride with all those people in the undercarriage.

George Gervin's Afro
09-07-2009, 01:50 PM
No shit. The douche (georgie) actually said you won't find many post defending Obama! God, he just spews out shit.

Looks like Darrin S found his answer to the thread topic.

I am still shocked he resigned. He was doing a outstanding job from no ones account! Quitting on Labor Day doesn't sound very American. Neither does communism.

hey douche go find where I support his policies.. I figure I have had 300 or 400 posts since he's been president couldn't you find a few? Save your energy because you won't... you lose again jack.. can you read?

Yonivore
09-07-2009, 01:56 PM
A Van Jones Postscript (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2009/09/024460.php)

The defining accomplishment of Van Jones's life was his founding of the Ella Baker Freedom Center. While the controversy over his appointment was going on I meant to look into who she was, but didn't get it done. Ron Radosh (http://pajamasmedia.com/ronradosh/2009/09/06/the-lessons-of-the-van-jones-resignation/2/), an expert on the hard left of which he was once a member, has the answer:

[T]he name of Jones' Oakland group, The Ella Baker Freedom Center, is most appropriate. Most people have referred to the late Baker as simply a civil rights activist. I am writing from vacation in Nantucket, without benefit of my files at home. But in my book, Divided They Fell: The Demise of the Democratic Party, 1964-1996, I point out that the late civil rights lawyer Joe Rauh had noted that everything Baker said in the 60's might as well have been taken verbatim from The Daily Worker, the Communist Party newspaper. Baker was so pro-Communist that she attacked Hubert Humphrey and other liberal anti-Communists as ultra reactionaries. Known as the "grandmother of SNCC," Baker was aligned with those in the movement who were trying to push the organization to the far left.
I think that sums up the Obama administration pretty well. If you think Hubert Humphrey was an ultra-reactionary, this administration's for you!

UPDATE: At The Corner, Andy McCarthy (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YmFlOTJkZjBlZmU5M2ZjZThmZjc4MDllMzA4MzA5YmE=) takes Charles Krauthammer to task for suggesting that the demise of the Soviet Union means that Communism is no longer a threat. Andy's post is well worth reading in its entirety, but this paragraph fits well with the topic of this post:

The Jones incident, moreover, does not indicate that "we had a communist in the U.S. government." [Quoting Krauthammer.] To the contrary, as I argued last night, we have a U.S. government in which Van Jones was quite consciously selected because his views are representative of the president who made him the "green jobs czar." Van Jones isn't Alger Hiss. There's nothing covert about him. He didn't snooker Obama into bringing him aboard. He is who he is, and that's why Obama wanted him. Having a Communist in that job was perfect since the "green jobs" initiative is an important part of the hard Left's agenda to use environmentalism as an additional justification for usurping command of the economy.

"Van Jones isn't Alger Hiss." Brilliant.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-08-2009, 10:44 AM
"Jones had not carefully reviewed the language in the petition before signing, an administration source said last week"

:lmao

boutons_deux
09-08-2009, 11:02 AM
"language in the petition"

what's wrong with it?

Why won't the govt open up the files of what dubya/dickhead/connie/rummy/nsa/cia/fbi were fucking doing about terrorism from 1/20 to 9/11? why?

9/11 happened on the Repugs' watch, the Repugs are fully responsible for not stopping it.

LnGrrrR
09-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Most brazen extra-constitutional act? I would think Nixon would have that one locked up. Or FDR's jailing of Japanese citizens. Or Lincoln suspending habeas corpus.

LnGrrrR
09-08-2009, 11:13 AM
I mean, previous administrations had czars as well. Are board conservatives upset because Obama has a few more than other Presidents? It's a matter of DEGREE, is it?

And these are the same people who argue that it couldn't be torture to deprive people of sleep, or lower their body temperature, or put them in a stressed position for extended periods of time?

LnGrrrR
09-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Obligatory Note: I haven't really read up on the Jones thing, and the above posting does not show support or lack thereof for anyone or anything.

George Gervin's Afro
09-08-2009, 11:19 AM
I mean, previous administrations had czars as well. Are board conservatives upset because Obama has a few more than other Presidents? It's a matter of DEGREE, is it?

And these are the same people who argue that it couldn't be torture to deprive people of sleep, or lower their body temperature, or put them in a stressed position for extended periods of time?

Of course not. They only care because it's a democrat..

Viva Las Espuelas
09-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I'll let jackasses worry about the R and D. That is all. Have fun with that.

George Gervin's Afro
09-08-2009, 11:33 AM

I don't blame you for ducking it!:lmao

LnGrrrR
09-08-2009, 11:47 AM

So, when you said

For all the caterwauling you people did about President Bush's end-runs around the constitution, this governing with czars has to be the most brazen extra-constitutional act by any president in modern history.

and

... you're really complaining about not just Obama but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._executive_branch_czars

FDR: 12
Truman: 6
Esienhower: 1
JFK: 1
LBJ: 2
Nixon: 2
Ford: 1
Carter: 2
Reagan: 1
GHW Bush: 2
Clinton: 6
GW Bush: 35
Obama: 32

Just keeping you honest Viva.

Edit: I'm stupid, sorry Viva. That should have been directed to Yoni, as he was the one who made those claims.

George Gervin's Afro
09-08-2009, 11:47 AM
So, when you said

and

He's not honest.

jman3000
09-08-2009, 11:55 AM
You're confusing Yoni and Viva. They have the same thought process... but I'm pretty sure they're different entities.

jman3000
09-08-2009, 11:55 AM
oops. hit quote when i meant to hit edit.

DP

nuclearfm
09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
It's funny how history repeats itself. It looks like Obama is going to take the full arsenal for these first years. As soon as election time comes around in 2012, I have a feeling he's going to go offensive, in Stalingrad-like pivotal fashion

LnGrrrR
09-08-2009, 11:58 AM
You're confusing Yoni and Viva. They have the same thought process... but I'm pretty sure they're different entities.

Ah! My fault. Mea culpa, Viva! I will redirect that question to Yoni. Unless Viva wants to take it up.

jman3000
09-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Well... you could take him to task about claiming to be indifferent to the D and R, while he himself is one of the most partisan and bitter posters in this forum.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
So, when you said

and

Thanks. I don't see how it's keeping me honest though. Did I deny how many bush 43 had? Bueller? I knew he had czars. Didn't know he had that many and Obama has more than 32. Does your number include the one that was appointed yesterday? Huh, honest one? If you're worried about any injustice than please present me with bush 43 czars and their mis speakings. I'll be right here waiting.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Well... you could take him to task about claiming to be indifferent to the D and R, while he himself is one of the most partisan and bitter posters in this forum.

Ah yes. I distinctly remember our chat letting you know all of my political views. I am busted. Keep up the good work. You must be getting an A in Assume 101. :tu