PDA

View Full Version : Nogueira wants a Rematch with Frank Mir..

dbreiden83080
09-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Nog on a rampage...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16089/minotauro-nogueira-if-frank-mir-thinks-i-was-making-excuses-then-lets-go-do-it-again.mma

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/antonio-rodrigo-nogueira-frank-mir.jpg

"UFC heavyweight Frank Mir (12-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) doesn't have much good to say about Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-5-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) these days.

Mir has taken exception to the numerous "excuses" – such as a severe staph infection that hospitalized the Brazilian, as well as torn meniscus – laid out by UFC president Dana White, UFC announcer Joe Rogan and "Minotauro" himself as to why the Nogueira that lost to Frank Mir in December 2008 was different than the one that defeated Randy Couture in the main event of this past Saturday's UFC 102 in Portland, Ore.

Nogueira's been listening to Mir's complaints, and now he's ready to reply.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today spoke with Ed Soares, Nogueira's manager, and the Brazilian had a message to deliver through his representative.

"Rodrigo just got off the phone with me, and we were talking about it," Soares said. "Rodrigo's been watching a lot of these interviews with Mir saying that Nogueira is just making excuses, and what Nogueira feels is he's not making excuses. If he was making excuses, he would have been saying that immediately after the fight with Mir.

"He wanted to come out and put on a good performance against Mir, and he's not making excuses now. He's giving the reason he performed the way he did back in December."

In an interview with RawVegas.tv, Mir criticized the on-air performance of Rogan during the UFC 102 broadcast for repeatedly referring to Nogueira's injuries prior to the UFC 92 contest.

"I heard that Rogan is making a lot of excuses for certain fighters for why they performed badly," Mir said. "That's always disheartening to me just for the reason being that every fighter has reasons why we don't perform at 100 percent. I think as fans we don't want to hear heroes or warriors ever sitting and complaining that they almost died from staph or anything else. I think that's pretty sad and pathetic."

Nogueira said little after the UFC 92 loss to Mir, and he only addressed the injuries prior to that bout when pressed by reporters at UFC 102's post-fight press conference.

"I had a staph infection," Nogueira said after UFC 102. "I was in the hospital for seven days just like 20 days before the fight. The day I came out of the hospital I tore my meniscus in my left [knee]."

Soares today said those comments were never meant as excuses for the loss.

"There's a big difference between making excuses and giving the reason why," Soares said. "And just to prove that Nogueira is not making excuses, he wants his next fight to be against Mir, and he wants to fight him in December."

Mir is currently rumored to be facing Cheick Kongo at UFC 107 on Dec. 12 in Memphis, Tenn. But as witnessed by the recent scrapping of a previously announced rematch between Dan Henderson and Rich Franklin, the UFC has been known to shuffle matchups when the situation dictates the change.

Soares and Nogueira hope the bad blood building between their camp and Mir can prove to be one of those situations.

"Nogueira didn't want the information about his injuries to come out, and that's proof that he wasn't making excuses," Soares said. "If Mir really thinks he was making excuses, then let's get in there and go in the octagon in December.

"We want it."

angelbelow
09-05-2009, 12:08 AM
I agree with Nog, I dont think he openly made excuses, he was asked a question by Joe and he answered truthfully.

dbreiden83080
09-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Nog Wants to take the place of Kongo at UFC 107..

http://mmafrenzy.com/11479/antonio-rodrigo-nogueira-id-love-to-rematch-frank-mir-at-ufc-107/

The TroutBum
09-08-2009, 03:35 AM
I love Nog, but next to Mir beating the shit out of Penis Neck, I want to see Mir rock Minotauro again. That was a great fight and Mir dominated him in every way. I don't think Nog has a chance, to be honest.

LEONARD
09-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I love Nog, but next to Mir beating the shit out of Penis Neck, I want to see Mir rock Minotauro again. That was a great fight and Mir dominated him in every way. I don't think Nog has a chance, to be honest.

So you're of the opinion that that was 100% Nog when he fought Mir??

oligarchy
09-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I hate fighters who are apparently so injured, yet they fight. CANCEL. Not only that, but after they lose they bring up these injuries, etc. It is an excuse. He didn't have to say anything, if these injuries were a problem, he shouldn't have fought. How often do you hear about a fighter that was sick and/or injured who won bring up how injured he was? Fucking lame.

dbreiden83080
09-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Mir's An arrogant fuck who has done a lot of shit-talking thanks to that win. Nog was definately fired up going into the Randy fight with everyone saying he was done, because of how he looked in the Mir fight. And if he wants a rematch with Mir, this is how you get it. Turn up the heat, piss Mir off and people start talking rematch..

oligarchy
09-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I don't care if they rematch, I'd like to see it. It would end most of the chatter about Nog. I'm just saying it's lame to make excuses after the fight.

LEONARD
09-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I hate fighters who are apparently so injured, yet they fight. CANCEL. Not only that, but after they lose they bring up these injuries, etc. It is an excuse. He didn't have to say anything, if these injuries were a problem, he shouldn't have fought. How often do you hear about a fighter that was sick and/or injured who won bring up how injured he was? Fucking lame.

In Nog's defense, I don't think he made excuses after the fight did he? Most of the RUMORS about his knee and staff infection came from Dana White and other UFC personnel. I think Dana first brought it up at the post fight press conf. Maybe their team mentioned it too at some point, but it wasn’t like it was big news or they were screaming it from the rooftops. Not that I saw anyway…

Nog and his team have really only addressed it significantly after Rogan brought it up during the Couture fight.

If he hadn’t fought hurt people would’ve bitched…no win situation.

oligarchy
09-08-2009, 12:13 PM
he addressed the question at the post-fight press conference of 102 by both him and Dana if I recall.

But, he did address it before the Couture fight:
http://www.mmaforreal.com/2009/3/10/788154/antonio-rodrigo-nogueira-t

Regardless.. we'll see if the fight happens. It's better than Mir/Kongo.

angelbelow
09-08-2009, 03:22 PM

I disagree, if he wanted to make excuses the story would have been leaked right away. There is also evidence that Nog tried to PREVENT the news from coming out. But if you're asked point blank what "injures" were you dealing with, Its pointless to lie.

perhaps youre right about the sitting it out and not fighting, but Nog loves the fans, maybe he just didnt want to disappoint them by not fighting.

The TroutBum
09-09-2009, 10:54 PM

This.

Stringer_Bell
09-09-2009, 11:40 PM
If anyone has video of Minotauro complaining about his health before the fight or immediately after, please post the article or video. I think Nog would win in a re-match. I like Mir, but his philosophizing doesn't match Nog's heart.

oligarchy
09-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I disagree, if he wanted to make excuses the story would have been leaked right away. There is also evidence that Nog tried to PREVENT the news from coming out. But if you're asked point blank what "injures" were you dealing with, Its pointless to lie.

perhaps youre right about the sitting it out and not fighting, but Nog loves the fans, maybe he just didnt want to disappoint them by not fighting.

I guess you didn't view the video? The interviewer didn't ask if he was injured or had a staph infection.

Interviewer asked about the fight, Big Nog said he didn't get to train well and wasn't in shape.
Interviewer asked what he would do differently to train better. Big Nog brought the staph, etc.

Stringer_Bell
01-26-2010, 02:17 AM
Bump

I was trying to find my first post on the Spurstalk, but it only went as far back as September. I saw this thread and now I'm wondering...does Nog have a chance against the new Mir?

I've changed my mind and put his chances at 1 in 100, what say you all? We'll see how he does against Cain, that's gonna be a good test.

polandprzem
01-26-2010, 09:02 AM
It will be a test for Cain - no doubt and I think Nog knows that he will win this fight. But he must to put that into the rest cause a winner of Carwin - Mir fight will face Brock.
If Mir loses then maybe the rematch and the winner gets the shot at the title. Then Dos Santos and Velasquez will need to - I don;t know.

The TroutBum
01-26-2010, 10:57 PM
I have no doubt that Mir would rock Nogs.