5. Slayer
4. Fallout Boy
3. Dashboard Confessional
2. My Chemical Romance.
1. Job for a Cowboy

Emo and screamo aren't my cup of tea :lol

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
I hate all modern music, so I don't know too much about the acts, but I know that I have great disdain for Nickelback. They are really very bad. Almost unforgivably so...

Hate Dashboard Confessional as well.

Can't say I hate Slayer, but preferred Pantera and Anthrax to them, especially Anthrax.

mookie2001
09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
slayer are you fucking kidding me?
you should have your rights as an american taken away

least favorite bands that once were popular

matchbox 20
the decemberists
big and rich
velvet revolver
g love and special sauce (the worst ever. period)

even the shittiest bands on earth like creed and good charlotte and U2 have some songs that i wouldnt break my radio if they came on, ^^these 5 are just protestant high school talent show bad and should regret being born an american

JMarkJohns
09-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I have to say, that while I don't hate Velvet Revolver, they were a HUGE let down. How could a band with Slash and Weiland be so mediocre (at best)?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 09:32 PM
+1 nickelback sucks royal cock.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 09:37 PM
:lol hey Mookie Slayer is getting pretty popular, you better stop liking them.

mookie2001
09-04-2009, 09:39 PM
getting? pretty sure they were legends before you were born

Bender
09-04-2009, 09:48 PM
I don't like a lot of modern groups, but I remember buying a Queens of the Stone Age album and I really hated it.

Xylus
09-04-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't like a lot of modern groups, but I remember buying a Queens of the Stone Age album and I really hated it.

Insanity.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-04-2009, 09:51 PM
getting? pretty sure they were legends before you were born

:lmao Mookie trying to act like someone in his 30's who can talk down to young people.

Bender
09-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Insanity.I don't get the hype, I thought it sucked. It was Rated R. Maybe it went over my head... may have to give it another listen.
I only listened to it once, maybe they grow on you.

I prefer Kyuss.

Ditty
09-04-2009, 11:45 PM
1.Dave Matthews Band
2. Cold Play
3. Metro Station
4.Jonas Faggots
5.Fall out Fag-they ony have one good song

mardigan
09-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Godsmack
Linkin Park
Disturbed
Slipknot
AFI

exstatic
09-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Maroon 5
Kanye
Creed
Godsmack
Everclear

J.T.
09-05-2009, 12:21 AM
I remember that one time mookie needed an ounce of some swag and tried to trade me Good Charlotte tickets because he didn't have fifty bucks.

mookie2001
09-05-2009, 12:31 AM
that was goo goo dolls a boy name goo

Spursfan092120
09-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Threads like these are just made to start arguments..lol..there are some bands in here that people mention that they love that I hate, and then there are bands on here that people hate that I love...nobody is exactly the same.

David Bowie
09-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Not Bands,

but I can't stand John Mayor. I cringe every time I hear his song somewhere.

J.T.
09-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Not Bands,

He is a good guitar player but he caters his songwriting to high school girls.

dirk4mvp
09-05-2009, 01:16 AM
This thread has made it this far and no mention of the worst "music" of all time?

Insane

Clown

Posse

I'd listen to anything else before I listen to these fucksticks.

balli
09-05-2009, 01:20 AM
Eric Clapton
Ben Harper/Jack Johnson
Jedi Mind Tricks
Lynyrd Skynyrd
And I fucking hate The Eagles, man.

Strike
09-05-2009, 01:28 AM
In no particular order...

1. Boy Bands (They're all the same shit)
2. Nickelback
3. Creed
4. Fall Out Boy
5. Good Charlotte

I can't stop at just 5....

6. Disturbed
7. Staind
8. The Used
9. Hawthorne Heights
10. The Jonas Brothers

Fpoonsie
09-05-2009, 02:21 AM
Not Bands,

His less-commercial, live stuff is actually very good. A BIG departure from what you're prolly used to from him.

And as J.T. said, while his voice may not be to everyone's liking, it's hard to deny that he's a very talented guitar player.

DieMrBond
09-05-2009, 04:56 AM
I often get looked at funny, but my number 1 hated band is ...

1. Coldplay.

Then, rounding out the top 5 would be:

2. Fall Out Boy
3. My Chemical Romance
4. The Veronicas
5. Any and all processed pop artists.

Thunder Dan
09-05-2009, 08:05 AM
I can name a ton of bands I don't like in the pop genre, but since that is too easy I will name bands I hate within the genre I listen to:

1) Dave Matthews Band - I hate his voice, and they turn every song into a stupid long drawn out jam. DMB is for people who don't really know anything about music and listen to rap their whole lives until they reach college then they are impressed by a band who has a saxophone in it. All of his songs basically sound the same, and the audience is all the same: guys with backwards baseball hats on (or turned to the side) who predominately listen to rap, and women in their late 20's who mostly listen to pop. Then they refer to him at just Dave. "Are you going to the Dave concert?" fuck no I'm not, and don't act like he deserves to go by just his first name. People didn't refer to John Lennon as just John and he was actually good. Dave Matthews sucks

2)Bruce Springsteen. People act like he is a great song writer and they are wrong. If he goes down as a great songwriter than John Couger Mellencamp should as well. All Springsteen did was write a bunch of shitty songs about growing up in Jersey that touched a big and powerful audience because the Northeast has the highest concentration of people. His biggest song (Born to Run) is about leaving work, Born in the USA is about just that, I'm on Fire just sucks, and Working on the Highway is about working on the highway. The point I am making is that any asshole could write these songs, yet people mention him as one of the best songwriters of all time. The only difference between him and John Couger Mellencamp is that Springsteen reached a larger audience in the Northeast than Mellencamp did in the Midwest. Their songs are basically the same. Now when Springsteen is older and his songs suck even more (wheras they suck AND they are not catchy, when before they sucked but you could atleast tolerate them) critics want to feed you the bullshit about how great he is now. Please, we know better. These are the same critics that give Yoko Ono 5 stars for all of her dribble she calls music.

3)O.A.R. - I actually hate them more than Dave Matthews Band because none of their songs are good. They all sound the same and the lead singer tries to sound like the most epic lead singer ever on every line he sings and just sounds awful. I'm not even sure if anyone in Texas has heard of these guys, but they are big in Ohio and even throw their own bullshit festival every year in Cleveland. The people that go to this concert are the same people that go to Dave Matthews but these people don't have the money for Dave Matthews and O.A.R. is basically the same thing to them: Long drawn out jams which make you think they are talented, acoustic guitars and saxophones: a nice alternative for rap. The only reason I placed them at 3 and not 1 on my most hated list is because they went to Ohio State, and today is the first Buckeyes game so I'm in a festive mood.

Thunder Dan
09-05-2009, 08:06 AM
repost sorry

Muser
09-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Paramore
Linkin Park
Nickelback
Slipknot
Fallout Boy

Pretty much all the trashy mall bands

Hornets1
09-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I can name a ton of bands I don't like in the pop genre, but since that is too easy I will name bands I hate within the genre I listen to:

1) Dave Matthews Band - I hate his voice, and they turn every song into a stupid long drawn out jam. DMB is for people who don't really know anything about music and listen to rap their whole lives until they reach college then they are impressed by a band who has a saxophone in it. All of his songs basically sound the same, and the audience is all the same: guys with backwards baseball hats on (or turned to the side) who predominately listen to rap, and women in their late 20's who mostly listen to pop. Then they refer to him at just Dave. "Are you going to the Dave concert?" fuck no I'm not, and don't act like he deserves to go by just his first name. People didn't refer to John Lennon as just John and he was actually good. Dave Matthews sucks

Oh please music God! Show me the way!....

Couldnt be farther from the truth. In the mid 90's, many of them did, but if your going to give such convincing review, maybe do some research 1st.

5 worst Bands :(No order)

Creed
Nickleback
Fall Out Boy
Panic at the Disco
99.9% of country music

Spurminator
09-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Kid Rock
Kiss
Sex Pistols
Lone Star/Rascal Flatts/all the other mainstream country bands that sound alike
And pretty much any band played on a modern rock station in the last 10 years

Shastafarian
09-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Eric Clapton
Lynyrd Skynyrd

Seriously?

Whisky Dog
09-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Beyonce
Rhianna
Sonic Youth
Dixie Chicks
Any Emo Take Youre Pick

balli
09-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Seriously?
Clapton is single most over-rated guitarist of all time. Completely uninteresting, unoriginal and his best works are glorified covers. Anybody who likes him needs to reassess their musical situation.

I see why people like Skynyrd, but I personally can't stand their sound. And don't get me wrong, I had a Skynyrd phase, could sing the lyrics and/or bust a ton of their songs on guitar right off the top of my head, but yeah these days, I don't like them at all.

And sure, I could have said Fallout Boy or Good Charlotte or any number of those pussy ass bands other people mentioned over and over, but those bands suck so bad, and I'm so ignorant about them that they might as well not exist. I couldn't name them as my least favorite with any frame of reference to back up the statement other than I vaguely know their names and that I definitively know they're terrible.

bostonguy
09-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Kate Perry
The Jonas Brothers
Kid Rock
Creed
Good Charlotte

Bender
09-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I agree that clapton sucks. I've never liked his stuff, except for some Cream tracks.

I pretty much like Skynyrd's first three albums, and have seen them in concert once.

I've never even heard anything by fallout boy, good charlotte, or some others mentioned here, other than just knowing their names. Yeah, I'm stuck in the past.

Shastafarian
09-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Layla's not a cover. Are we talking about Clapton solo or Clapton in general?

Leetonidas
09-05-2009, 11:05 PM
It's really hard to pick. I'll have to go with...

Nickleback
Fallout Boy
Slipknot
Greenday
AFI

A funny note - My girlfriend's cousin is in Slipknot. I forget his name though.

z0sa
09-06-2009, 02:43 AM
Clapton is single most over-rated guitarist of all time. Completely uninteresting, unoriginal and his best works are glorified covers. Anybody who likes him needs to reassess their musical situation.

I see why people like Skynyrd, but I personally can't stand their sound. And don't get me wrong, I had a Skynyrd phase, could sing the lyrics and/or bust a ton of their songs on guitar right off the top of my head, but yeah these days, I don't like them at all.

And sure, I could have said Fallout Boy or Good Charlotte or any number of those pussy ass bands other people mentioned over and over, but those bands suck so bad, and I'm so ignorant about them that they might as well not exist. I couldn't name them as my least favorite with any frame of reference to back up the statement other than I vaguely know their names and that I definitively know they're terrible.

i think i love you.

Dr. Gonzo
09-08-2009, 08:33 AM
1, Red Hot Chili Peppers
2. Rage Against the Machine
3. AC/DC
4. Creed
5. Slipknot

I would rather tie my dick in a knot and press it up against a hot iron than listen to RHCP or Rage.

Thunder Dan
09-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Oh please music God! Show me the way!....

Couldnt be farther from the truth. In the mid 90's, many of them did, but if your going to give such convincing review, maybe do some research 1st.

5 worst Bands :(No order)

Creed
Nickleback
Fall Out Boy
Panic at the Disco
99.9% of country music

I used to like Dave Matthews, so much so that I own like every album of the 90's. I finally woke up to the fact that they just aren't that good, same thing with Creed who I have seen in concert like 3 times. There comes a day when you realize the band you like might not be that good.

JudynTX
09-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Fallout Boy
Coldplay
Nickelback
Linkin Park
Country music

DUNCANownsKOBE2
09-08-2009, 10:32 AM
People obviously haven't heard of job for a Cowboy, that disgusting screamo shit takes no talent whatsoever and just sounds awful.

Thunder Dan
09-08-2009, 11:03 AM
WTF Jack Johnson? how do you not like his shit?

I like Jack Johnson, but I could see why some people wouldn't. I mean he is a giant pussy and his music is kinda soft and gentle too. Some people just hate that shit. Have you ever seen Animal House when Bluto smashes the guitar that guy is playing?

LnGrrrR
09-08-2009, 11:32 AM
1) Creed's an easy one, but let's see how many flame wars I can start.

2) Notorious BIG

3) All deathcore music

4) 99.9999% of the pop punk bands out there today

5) Every RnB singer out right now

mookie2001
09-08-2009, 11:34 AM
1) Creed's an easy one, but let's see how many flame wars I can start.

2) Notorious BIG

3) All deathcore music

4) 99.9999% of the pop punk bands out there today

5) Every RnB singer out right now

2 not a band

3 not a band

4 not a band

5 not a band

IronMexican
09-08-2009, 11:36 AM
2. Rage Against the Machine

Brah, you're like, gay.

balli
09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I think its more or less 15 year old kids and adults who act like infants that still think image about being soft or hard matter in the world.
That has nothing to do with it. Jack Johnson takes no risk as a musician. He writes these simple little melodic pieces of garbage that sound really sweet and nice and empowering and assuring. You said it yourself and it's exactly the point-

how do you not like his shit?

It's un-substantive, cowardly, safe and boring swill, engineered to please the undiscriminating ear of the mob. The elevator music sub-genre of acoustic/reggae/rock fusion.

It would take an immature mind to be ignorant of that.

balli
09-08-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't know if we need more risk takers, but we don't need cowards. Or shit, maybe we do. Spin his albums if you want, but don't get all surprised that a lot of people (who know a lot about music) think he's a complete joke.

Hornets1
09-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I used to like Dave Matthews, so much so that I own like every album of the 90's. I finally woke up to the fact that they just aren't that good, same thing with Creed who I have seen in concert like 3 times. There comes a day when you realize the band you like might not be that good.

Thats cool. All the bashing just wasn't necessary. I agree that Stand Up and Everyday were piss-poor album, but you should check out Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King. Sounds like their good older shit.

BTW, I used to be a creed fan when there 1st album came out; Now I'm embarressed about that everytime I hear their music.

holcs50
09-09-2009, 02:20 AM
-I hate System of a Down, yuck.
-Any scream rock bands-just can't stand people who scream their lyrics...why people like that is beyond me.
-Pretty much all country-all sound similar imo
-postal service

Kermit
09-09-2009, 07:21 AM
The Beatles are slowly creeping up my list.

/someone had to say it