PDA

View Full Version : Awesome song and video by local rapper

Buddy Holly
09-05-2009, 05:33 AM
It's called Hometown.

NEW VIDEO BY LOCAL RAPPER BUGSY - HOMETOWN (http://movementfor.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-post.html)

fraga
09-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Well...the rapping and video were a little to "Bone Thugs" ish for my taste...the beat and especially the female vocalist were nice...infact who was the female vocalist...I'd like to hear more of her stuff...

Rip-Hamilton32
09-06-2009, 07:00 AM
kinda hard to hear him over the beat but its sounds pretty sick

Rip-Hamilton32
09-06-2009, 07:42 AM
the beat is great one of the best ive heard in a long time

Spursfan092120
09-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Beat's great...guy sounds good. Video is high quality. Dude sounds like he might be on his way. Has a lot of talent. Wish I could have gotten ahold of him when I was still doing my label, and not just my studio..lol

Pistons < Spurs
09-06-2009, 05:20 PM
3/10

The female singer is nice, and I liked the piano, but it was pretty generic overall. And the rapping quality wasn't really all that memorable.

Sense
09-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Rapper wasn't good... The girl kicked ass though. I would've preferred listening to her throughout the whole beat.

Spursfan092120
09-06-2009, 07:11 PM
3/10

The female singer is nice, and I liked the piano, but it was pretty generic overall. And the rapping quality wasn't really all that memorable.

Rapper wasn't good... The girl kicked ass though. I would've preferred listening to her throughout the whole beat.
The label he's signed to doesn't think he's bad. Quit hatin. Maybe you don't like his style, but that don't mean he's not good.

Pistons < Spurs
09-06-2009, 07:23 PM
The label he's signed to doesn't think he's bad. Quit hatin. Maybe you don't like his style, but that don't mean he's not good.

Just because we weren't all that impressed with him, doesn't mean there's any hating. We all have opinions. Mine, was that he wasn't very good. You and his label may very well like him ... but that also doesn't mean he's good. It's all subjective.

fraga
09-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Who's the girl!!!

CuckingFunt
09-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, which I don't think I am, the singer is actually a sample of Adele's "Hometown Glory" sped up. Piano, too.

LWIbTYLNezQ

baseline bum
09-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Wack. It has a nice bass-line, but it's the type of charmin-soft singing-rapping hybrid that has ruined the once great art form since Bone & 50 Cent made it popular. 0/10. When did hip-hop lose its balls? Rakim and KRS-One are rolling in their graves hearing weak stuff like this.

InRareForm
09-06-2009, 11:43 PM
I listen to too much underground hip hop so my review holds some merit.

Beat: Not too bad, agree the bass line is nice, but generic dramatic piano roll all throughout the song gets tiresome.

Lyrics: When I hear new artists for the first time, I want to hear something that catches my ears lyrically with some style, this was just mainly singing and dragging out words/rymes to fill the beat to be honest.

the hook ain't bad, but this song just does have a forced feel to it, too much r'n'b in this song and not any lyrical substance or hip hop.

5/10

fraga
09-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, which I don't think I am, the singer is actually a sample of Adele's "Hometown Glory" sped up. Piano, too.

LWIbTYLNezQ

Oooooh...good catch...

Slydragon
09-07-2009, 12:28 AM

LWIbTYLNezQ

Now it looks funny when the girl in the video lips to it. So say this blew up would it be another Vanilla Ice thing like the Ice Ice Baby beat.

PM5K
09-07-2009, 01:10 AM
The original is interesting in that it really shows some of the mistakes and successes they made in their sampling.

So for example, you can hear in the original that even from the beginning the piano isn't louder than the lyrical track. Also, as someone mentioned the piano gets tiresome, mostly in part because it's the exact same thing consistently, it's almost like the sound builds intensity or drama, but it never stops and at some point just becomes annoying. (It actually does stop sometimes when the female sings, but I just have a feeling that a more experienced producer could have made something better with this)

Also the song that was sampled does not have the same constant piano music, there are parts where the piano is much lower than the lyrics, I think the sample would have been better if it did the same thing.

Having said that, I think they did a good job of turning the song they sampled into something else, I certainly wouldn't have come up with that after hearing the sampled song.

I also agree with InRareForm, for a guy you're just hearing, lyrically it's weak, if he had been an experienced artist with some hits under his belt something like that might be a little more acceptable.

PM5K
09-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Seriously though, you have to hear the two songs and think someone had a decent idea, somewhere hiding in all of this is a pretty good song, the right producer/rapper could put it together, this just isn't it.

Personally I would have liked to hear some of the slower piano from the original, everything before about the fifty second mark. I don't know if you could sample all of it since that's almost a minute, and the song it already almost five minutes, but something like that could have worked.

SKINNYPIMP210
09-07-2009, 01:33 AM
I loved it! Thought it was great! I love hearing hometown Rap. That song just took me back a bit and made me a little home sick. I haven't been home for longer than two weeks at a time since I joined the Military. So hearing hometown shit feels good.

monosylab1k
09-07-2009, 09:00 AM
The song was terrible, the rapping worse.

But the video was actually kinda cool

Bigzax
09-07-2009, 09:40 AM
i liked it. agree that the with the piano, less would be more.

hope he breaks out.

Bukefal
09-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Cool song!

Rip-Hamilton32
09-08-2009, 07:05 AM
anyone know where i could download this song?

Rip-Hamilton32
09-08-2009, 08:04 PM
anyone? i have had no luck

tp2021
09-08-2009, 09:58 PM
I liked the track, not the rap. The video had a cool look to it.

SKINNYPIMP210
09-09-2009, 12:34 AM
anyone? i have had no luck

+1 I can't find it either...

Slydragon
09-09-2009, 01:05 AM
This is the best I could do, I used that site to rip and covert it to mp3, it's not great but it's ok until something better is out

http://www.vidtomp3.com/mp3_details.php?video=vidtomp3.com-12524759034695.mp3

SKINNYPIMP210
09-09-2009, 12:07 PM
This is the best I could do, I used that site to rip and covert it to mp3, it's not great but it's ok until something better is out

http://www.vidtomp3.com/mp3_details.php?video=vidtomp3.com-12524759034695.mp3

Thanks man! But i think it might be my computer...it will let me use the youtube URL but when it downloads, media player wont play it... Actually as I was writing this Quick time just played it. I'm about to see if it will let me put the song on my itunes. Again thanks bro!

Rip-Hamilton32
09-09-2009, 02:51 PM
i have the same problem you have at first but i still can't get it to work at all lol

SKINNYPIMP210
09-09-2009, 03:44 PM
i have the same problem you have at first but i still can't get it to work at all lol

Yeah I had to open it with Quicktime but it finally worked. I put it on itunes and just got done listening to it in my car. That sound quality is really bad, but oh well. I'm gonna keep searching for the song though. Once I find it I'll post it on here. :toast

Rip-Hamilton32
09-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Yeah I had to open it with Quicktime but it finally worked. I put it on itunes and just got done listening to it in my car. That sound quality is really bad, but oh well. I'm gonna keep searching for the song though. Once I find it I'll post it on here. :toast

alright sounds good thanks :toast

PakiDan
09-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Well.... I'm not pretending to be a music critic, mhhm hhmm... but I liked it! I thought it was creative and fresh.