PDA

View Full Version : Georgia @ Oklahoma State

IronMexican
09-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Should be a good game.

I don't think UGA is that good this year. I got OSU winning.

benefactor
09-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Agreed. They were talking up their defense but they are going to have to score to beat OSU.

IronMexican
09-05-2009, 03:31 PM
UGA proving me wrong so far.

symple19
09-05-2009, 03:35 PM
UGA is very good in the trenches. If you win at the line of scrimmage, you almost always win the game. Still early though.

Brutalis
09-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Bryant kid is a sure NFL prospect on that catch. Georgia had been busting his ass good until that catch for the TD.

IronMexican
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Dez Bryant is un-fucking real. I told all you dumbasses he's a better WR prospect than Crabtree.

symple19
09-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Come on Mex, you're the dumbass if you think you can project him. How many bust-O WRs have come out over the last 10 years that were unbelievable in college. ALOT. I'm a Niner fan and I never got on Crabtree's nuts, even before they drafted him. He looks like he'll turn out to be another douchebag TO style prima-donna.

Having said that, it was an amazing catch that he (Dez) made. His size and speed are impressive. He also showed that he can take a big hit and keep coming, an intangible many WRs in college don't have. Should be an interesting second half.

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 04:30 PM
just checking in, let's go Dawgs!!!!!!! :clap

IronMexican
Come on Mex, you're the dumbass if you think you can project him. How many bust-O WRs have come out over the last 10 years that were unbelievable in college. ALOT. I'm a Niner fan and I never got on Crabtree's nuts, even before they drafted him. He looks like he'll turn out to be another douchebag TO style prima-donna.

Having said that, it was an amazing catch that he (Dez) made. His size and speed are impressive. He also showed that he can take a big hit and keep coming, an intangible many WRs in college don't have. Should be an interesting second half.

Just look at his body, he has it all. Niner fan? I applaud the Niners for what they are doing right now. They are taking one for every NFL team by not giving in to that prima-donna. Crabs is going to be good but not great. Dez looks like the best WR prospect since CJ. He's taller, faster than Crabs. Crabs probably has the strength and I can't really say anything about his route running since he mostly got 5 yard routes and did most of his work after the catch.

OSU with a great return as I type this.

Texas Chili Dog
fuck fuck fuck

IronMexican
09-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Time to keep it on this game. SC one is pretty much over.

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 04:39 PM
WTF? didn't look like he got it to me! BS!

IronMexican
Looked like a bad spot.

symple19
horrible spot

Texas Chili Dog
bullshit! LAME

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 04:40 PM
no way in hell did he get that!

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 04:43 PM
sucks to see the D play their ass off to not get rewarded like they should have.

symple19
09-05-2009, 04:47 PM
okay...Why are they throwing on first down?? They need to start smashing OSU in the mouth up front where they are thin. That's the stuff that wins games in the fourth quarter

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 04:48 PM
okay...Why are they throwing on first down?? They need to start smashing OSU in the mouth up front where they are thin. That's the stuff that wins games in the fourth quarter

Richt thought Stafford was still his QB. lol

but seriously, I think with Stafford, UGA might have one more TD.

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I like Richard Samuel, he's gonna be good. :tu

symple19
09-05-2009, 04:56 PM
ouch, hyper extended---not good. Looks like he's getting a little weight on it though. Good thing Dawgs are deep up there

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 05:00 PM
niiiiiiiiiiice kick!

IronMexican
nice kick

Texas Chili Dog
that had plenty of leg, wow.

symple19
09-05-2009, 05:01 PM
nice kick---back to 7---Lot's of time

Chili dog, what's the impact of the injury to Sturdevant???

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 05:05 PM
nice kick---back to 7---Lot's of time

Chili dog, what's the impact of the injury to Sturdevant???

It's definitely not a good thing, because he's the starting left tackle, and everyone knows how important that position is. It really sucks because he missed all of last season after a really good freshman year. I'm not sure though who is #2 on the depth chart right now.

IronMexican
09-05-2009, 05:06 PM
If that LT is out for the season, can they redshirt him?

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 05:07 PM
If that LT is out for the season, can they redshirt him?

they already did when he missed last year.

symple19
09-05-2009, 05:11 PM
yikes. I know he was a big deal coming out of high school. Hope he's okay

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 05:16 PM
lol nice punt.

symple19
09-05-2009, 05:30 PM
sigh---just walked back in the room and saw the replay of the fumble...what down was it chili dog?

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 05:30 PM
sigh---just walked back in the room and saw the replay of the fumble...what down was it chili dog?

it was 1st and 10. :depressed

symple19
09-05-2009, 05:31 PM
passing on first again...WHY? And then another crap call...BULLSHIT

symple19
09-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Clean hit....horrible

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 05:33 PM
damn refs, let them play. Geeez

symple19
underneath the helmet with his shoulder pad...Ridiculous. This is a tough game, for tough kids. Not panty-waist BS. Pisses me off

Texas Chili Dog
ouch......

symple19
Congrats OSU---2 touchdowns VIA crappy officiating

symple19
09-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Okay, I'm obviously rooting for the Dawgs here, but let me say some nice things about OSU. They're legit. Defense has played well along with the special teams. Pretty good pressure off the ends all day. Offense has taken advantage of opportunities. Speaks to a well coached team.

MajorMike
09-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Yay

IronMexican
09-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Yay

You went to the game?

Texas Chili Dog
09-05-2009, 10:17 PM
congrats, CaptMike. :tu

Don't know about you, but the result was just about what I expected.

MajorMike
09-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes; I felt we played fairly poorly, quite honestly. The defense was huge for us. I also question UGA playcalling. You had the pass in the flat and the toss sweep all day and went away from it. I was suprised at the number of UGA fans. While it wasn't a ton, was still on both sides of the stadium in the east end. The band needs to learn not to play during gameplay, tho, lol.

MajorMike
09-09-2009, 05:09 PM
08-19-2009, 05:51 pm

aside from the tons of tailgates that you can stop at and converse and get grub from any given osu fan (sort of the un written rule is you feed the bad guys' fans if they are good people).

http://www.eskimojoes.com/

if you want to go to joe's, go early. Like friday.

http://media.www.redandblack.com/media/storage/paper871/news/2009/09/08/Opinions/Southern.Hospitality.Is.Alive.And.Well-3764751.shtml

Southern hospitality is alive and well
MICHAEL FITZPATRICKIssue date: 9/8/09 Section: Opinions
PrintEmailArticle ToolsPage 1 of 1
FITZPATRICK
[Click to enlarge]

Perhaps Georgia fans can learn a thing or two about "Southern Hospitality" from the fine people of Stillwater, Okla.

Heading into the then No. 13 Georgia football team's highly anticipated matchup with then No. 9 Oklahoma State on Sept. 5, I had no idea what to expect as an opposing fan.

I had been to road games before and had generally bad experiences with the opposing fans. But Oklahoma was new.

I had never been to Oklahoma, never planned to visit Oklahoma and honestly did not care. And now, I'm not sure I want to leave.

From the moment I arrived, the graciousness of the entire city has been something to behold.

Friday night, while decompressing after a 14-hour drive in a popular downtown bar named Eskimo Joe's, patrons decked in orange and white approached me - an obvious Georgia supporter - to wish the team luck, welcome me to Stillwater and to buy me a drink or two.

"This is the biggest non-conference game in our history," OSU fans would say. "And we are just so excited that [a team like Georgia] would even come to play us."

I couldn't believe the congeniality of Cowboy fans was sincere, and decided Saturday would show their true colors.

And show their true colors they did, by showering us with warm-wishes, mouth-watering barbecue and alcohol. Every OSU fan who walked by our Georgia tailgate section wished us "good morning. Welcome to Stillwater, hope you enjoy your day."

Can you imagine any SEC foe doing that?

I felt more welcomed at OSU tailgates as the opponent than I did in Athens amongst fellow Bulldog fans. OSU fans who traveled to Athens two years ago, said they were treated well - before the game, not so well after - and just wanted to return the favor.

"There's no reason to be an ass," one tailgater said. "We are all here for the same thing, granted we want a different result, but we have the same basic goal. We want [Georgia fans] to enjoy our town, and this is just a game after all."

It was a sentiment echoed by nearly every Cowboy fan I talked to. They wanted Georgia fans to enjoy Stillwater and have a good time. They said they had played second-fiddle to the University of Oklahoma for too long and they wanted to be different.

"It's good and bad, that we are so pleasant," said another tailgater, who also teaches Spanish at OSU. "The people here are so friendly, but they are also content with being a town of 30,000. They don't want to expand to become like Tulsa or Oklahoma City, something the school would love.

"But in a town with 72 different churches and a law that prohibits the sale of liquor within 1,000-feet of a church, it makes growing pretty difficult."

After the game, with the 'Pokes having won arguably the biggest football game in their history, their fans continued to walk the high road. Within 10 minutes of leaving Boone Pickens Stadium I had four different OSU tailgates - some alums, some students - giving me beer and saying Georgia played a great game. There was even a high-five line, just like in Little League baseball.

That night while on The Strip - where OSU students party - students bought me shots, some asked if I had been treated well, and a group of OSU kids even asked me to join them so I wouldn't be wandering the strip alone.

That doesn't happen in Athens.

Back outside Eskimo Joe's, the door guys mentioned how pleasant Georgia fans made the weekend for the folks of Stillwater and how every opponent will be measured against us.

But I think we should measure ourselves against them. For the 10,000 plus Georgia faithful who flew or drove to Stillwater, remember how they treated us.

And students, if you see an opposing fan on Broad after a Georgia win, show some kindness, buy him a shot or two, because you'll never know how much that gesture means.

- Michael Fitzpatrick is the opinions editor of The Red & Black.

Texas Chili Dog
09-09-2009, 05:42 PM
^ I wish I could have made it to that game, but I'm saving up to go to Arkansas for the UGA game there soon. Good article, and I'm not really surprised at all about it. Stay classy, OSU. :toast

RonMexico
09-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Mike, where is the photo of you and your kids at this game with UH's victory on the scoreboard?

I see you're suspiciously absent after getting your ass kicked.

Brutalis
09-12-2009, 10:40 PM
I think a loss like that gives an automatic 24 hour life break. Especially at home and how ugly it is.

RonMexico
09-14-2009, 09:56 AM
I think a loss like that gives an automatic 24 hour life break. Especially at home and how ugly it is.

I can give him that, but the Arkansas State game and ridicule is still fresh in my mind.