PDA

View Full Version : HHH kind of seems like a jerk, but Cody Rhodes is pretty cool

Dre_7
09-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I work at a gym in Madison, WI and I guess WWE is in town today. It was my day off so I was at the gym working out and I happened to have a HBK shirt on. Anyways, I went up to the front desk to grab a towel (as an employee I can walk behind the desk to get stuff I need). As I went up there Arn Anderson and HHH where up there to get a day pass to work out. I have always hated crazy fans running up to famous people and acting like a freak, so I just walked up while they were waiting and looked at HHH and said "how you doing" very polietly and thats all. He just glared at me and didnt say anything. Thats all I said to him.

About 20 minutes later I was up at the front desk again talking to the receptionist (cuz she happens to be hot as hell) and Cody Rhodes walked in for a pass as well. I didnt say anything to him, having learned my lesson. When he came up he was really cool. First thing he said was "nice shirt. Are you comming tonight?" I told him I wasnt sure but it would be cool to see HBK. He told me that Micheals wasnt going to be there but that it was going to be him and Debiase in a handicap match against HHH. Rhodes was real cool and very humble.

So thats my interesting story of my day. Maybe HHH had roid rage or something.

kamikazi_player
09-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Cool story bro. Never seen either one of them in person, but it's pretty cool to see heels actually end up being nice people. So i'm guessing it's a house show and not a Raw or Smackdown event huh?

Spursfan092120
09-06-2009, 05:28 PM
I met HHH once, and he seemed very cool and genuine. You might have caught him in a bad mood. Never met Cody...I've met Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Booker T (the nicest of all of them), and a host of others. They all seemed really nice, and appreciative of the fans. They pretty much understand that without us, they have nothing.

EricB
09-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Met the Undertaker one time in Houston at the Galleria.

One of the nicest guys you've ever met. He really does have the deep voice, but was really personable. Awesome awesome guy.

Spursfan092120
09-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Met the Undertaker one time in Houston at the Galleria.

One of the nicest guys you've ever met. He really does have the deep voice, but was really personable. Awesome awesome guy.
Yeah..he really is..he's a redneck...lol...motorcycle, copenhagen, country boy.

ManuTP9
09-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I met HHH once, and he seemed very cool and genuine. You might have caught him in a bad mood. Never met Cody...I've met Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Booker T (the nicest of all of them), and a host of others. They all seemed really nice, and appreciative of the fans. They pretty much understand that without us, they have nothing.

Lucky :wow i only met the late Bam Bam Bigelow at a blockbuster before

Dre_7
09-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Yeah, for someone who is supossed to be an arch enemy of HBK and a major heel to say he liked my shirt and be really cool was interesting. I ended up goin to the show and he did play a major heel. It was funny. I was cheering for Rhodes and some of the kids sitting near me (the 10 and under crowd that still think its real) were seriously mad that i was cheering for a "bad guy" :lol.

But Rhodes was really cool and offered to pay for his guest pass even though we let the WWE guys in for free. I had to tell him it was ok and that he didnt have to pay and he just said that he likes to stay low key and not try and use his career to get free stuff. He seemed like a genuine cool dude outside of his character.

Btw, the house show was really boring. The matches were all really slow with alot of holds, mostly headlocks, that lasted way too long. There was only ONE top rope move the whole night. And it was in the FIRST match! The last two matches (the "main events") were horrible.

Kofi Kingston, The Miz, and MVP (tripple threat for the US Title) was a really good match. Even Bournes finisher is pretty sweet. Other than that, it sucked. I remember back in the 90's when it was awesome. HBK, Hitman, UT, Razor, Diesel, than Austin, HHH, and the Rock. Since than, other than HBK of course, it has become crap.

manufan10
09-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I've always heard that the house shows suck. I've never gone to any, just the live shows.

Dre_7
09-06-2009, 11:27 PM
I've always heard that the house shows suck. I've never gone to any, just the live shows.

I had gone to a house show about 3 years ago and it was awesome. This one just sucked.

Spursfan092120
09-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Lucky :wow i only met the late Bam Bam Bigelow at a blockbuster before
I've met a lot of wrestlers..been to a lot of events and have a couple of friends in the business. Booker T was probably the nicest wrestler I've met, but I've met a lot of them..Taker, Austin, HBK, HHH, The Rock, a good amount of them. Some of them are very stand-offish, but what was so weird was the biggest name guys were the ones who'd talk to you, while the lesser known ones were the guys who would kind steer clear of you. I would have loved to have met Bam Bam before he passed..unfortunately it never happened.

manufan10
09-07-2009, 10:41 AM
I've met Kelly Kelly, Jack Swagger, Maria, Gail Kim, Eve, Goldust, Great Khali, Hornswoggle, and the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. Great Khali made me feel like Hornswoggle.. :lol He was freaking huge. Hornswoggle was a little jerk. Poor kids. But everyone else I met was pretty awesome.

BRHornet45
09-07-2009, 11:36 AM
sons I met Trish Stratus at an airport one time ...and yes sons she is such a full grown beast in person. I have also seen/met quite a few others whenever they are down here in New Orleans. Pretty much all of them hang around Bourbon and Canal street after the shows. I watched Mickie James ride the mechanical bull at Bourbon Cowboy ... that was nice, very nice.

manufan10
09-07-2009, 05:34 PM
sons I met Trish Stratus at an airport one time ...and yes sons she is such a full grown beast in person. I have also seen/met quite a few others whenever they are down here in New Orleans. Pretty much all of them hang around Bourbon and Canal street after the shows. I watched Mickie James ride the mechanical bull at Bourbon Cowboy ... that was nice, very nice.

Lucky bastard! :toast

TDMVPDPOY
09-07-2009, 05:39 PM
im surprise HHh didnt give you the pedigree....

newacc
09-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I work at a gym in Madison, WI and I guess WWE is in town today. It was my day off so I was at the gym working out and I happened to have a HBK shirt on. Anyways, I went up to the front desk to grab a towel (as an employee I can walk behind the desk to get stuff I need). As I went up there Arn Anderson and HHH where up there to get a day pass to work out. I have always hated crazy fans running up to famous people and acting like a freak, so I just walked up while they were waiting and looked at HHH and said "how you doing" very polietly and thats all. He just glared at me and didnt say anything. Thats all I said to him.

About 20 minutes later I was up at the front desk again talking to the receptionist (cuz she happens to be hot as hell) and Cody Rhodes walked in for a pass as well. I didnt say anything to him, having learned my lesson. When he came up he was really cool. First thing he said was "nice shirt. Are you comming tonight?" I told him I wasnt sure but it would be cool to see HBK. He told me that Micheals wasnt going to be there but that it was going to be him and Debiase in a handicap match against HHH. Rhodes was real cool and very humble.

So thats my interesting story of my day. Maybe HHH had roid rage or something.

Sucks to hear 3H was like that. I read his book and he seemed like he would be a cool guy.

Spursfan092120
09-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Sucks to hear 3H was like that. I read his book and he seemed like he would be a cool guy.
Yeah..like I was saying earlier, when I met him, he was a great guy. I think he probably just caught him on a bad day or something. They have bad days just like us.

Udokafan05
09-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Bob Barker was great tonight as Raw GM, but next week is going to be the best since Trish Stratus is the GM.

manufan10
09-07-2009, 11:07 PM
http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/storage/wrestlezone.com/upl_images/jericho-barker-backstage%281%29.jpg

from Chris Jericho's Twitter account, during RAW: "One idiot, one legend. Bob Barker is the shizznit!"

Spursfan092120
09-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Trish is going to be great. I hear they're trying to get The Rock to host. Good luck with that. Randy Orton got the final word on Raw against Cena. That means Cena's winning the title at Breaking Point...book it.

Dre_7
09-07-2009, 11:45 PM

Yeah everything Ive heard about him sounds like he is a cool guy. Im sure it wasnt anything intentional or maybe just a bad day as Spursfan said. He was wearing a DX baseball cap. I thought that was pretty cool. And Arn Anderson looks a lot shorter in person.