PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker interview 04/11

stéphane
04-11-2005, 01:48 PM
This interview is available in French on Tony's official website...
Had to translate it and hope the meaning is ok.
Enjoy and Believe
Thanks Kori and Timvp for not being green anymore

« I'm proud of the team »

Tony, you just beat Golden State after double overtime (136-134). What a game !

It was incredible. After our victory saturday against the Clippers where we had double overtime as well, we do it again tonight against these days hottest team. This victory pleases me a lot as we were missing three starters : Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Rasho Nesterovic. Despite these absences, we have shown that we had heart. I want to give props to the whole team. I'm very proud of what we just acomplished. Special hat off to Nazr Mohammed. After a hard start, he has proven that he could be really usefull to the team. With 15 points and 19 rebonds, he amazingly replaced Rasho.

35 points, 12 assists, 6 rebonds, game winning shoot with 2.9s reamining. It was the TP Show live from Oackland (nota : TP show is the name of Tony show on the french radio)!

I was really red hot. When you are so successfull, you really feel unstoppable. What is nice is, i succeeded to make the important shots. In the 4th quarter as well as in the two overtimes, I was decisive. Shots while moving back, shots with the foul behind (think he means 2 and 1), the shot of the victory. Every kind. I really enjoyed. With Baron Davis, we competed all game long. It was a true duel. It was blow for blow. If i beat my career high in points (35 previously 32), Baron is a bit part of it. He pushed me in my last cuttings off.

Physicaly wise, How do you feel ?

I'm dead, I'm totally flat. In two days, I just spent 99 minutes on the court ! I'm so flat that i can't feel my knees anymore. *laughing* I am in a state of tiredness... In my opinion, It'll take one week to be back at 100%. To have a real night, the staff decided to stay in San Francisco. We will be back tomorrow in San Antonio. As far i'm concerned, it'll be rest until tuesday night and the game against Portland. I have 48h ahead of me to be back on my feet. But honestly, I never ever been that flat.

What are the news from the guys on IL ?

Tim will be back at the end of the week. If everything is going the right way, he'll be with us on saturday against Memphis. Concerning Rasho, he hurt his ankle against the Clippers. Acoording to the first diagnosis, he'll be out for ten days. And for Manu, these are the "aducteurs" (plz help me on translation these are the muscles on the inside of the thighs) which still make him suffer. As he played more than 50 minutes in Los Angeles, it was better to let him rest against Golden State. It would useless to take risks. All in all, it means that everybody will be healthy come play-off time.

How is doing Mike Pietrus ?

Really well. Recently, he has the hot hand. He's through a good period. I feel really sorry for him that we ended their eight victories streak. But he is not rancorous since we are currently at the restaurant, with also Rasho and Baron Davis.

Thanks to this victory, You're back in the fight for the 1st seed.

Yes, everything is possible. We're just one loss away from Phoenix. There is only five games left in the regular season, we will try to get the best record. Wait and see...

Kori Ellis
04-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks for posting this.

ducks
04-11-2005, 01:54 PM
portland manu is going to have to help tp
tp sounds like he has never been this drained before
good news about duncan though

boutons
04-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks, excellent translation. you even had the color balance correct! :lol :

Here's help, it has two d's in english:

Etymology:New Latin, from Late Latin, conductor, from Latin adductus + -or

1 a : any of three powerful triangular muscles that contribute to the adduction of the human thigh: (1) : one arising from the superior ramus of the pubis and inserted into the middle third of the linea aspera (2) : one arising from the inferior ramus of the pubis and inserted into the iliopectineal line and the upper part of the linea aspera (3) : one arising from the inferior ramus of the pubis and the ischium and inserted behind the first two into the linea aspera b : any of several muscles other than the adductors of the thigh that draw a part toward the median line of the body or toward the axis of an extremity

2 : a muscle that closes the valves of a bivalve shell (as in the oyster and the scallop) or one of a pair of such muscles (as in other mollusks)

=================

For as hard fought as the game was, didn't we all see the smiling and camaraderie several times between opposing players? NBA competitive spirit at its best. Great icing on the 2-0T W cake.

timvp
04-11-2005, 01:58 PM
In my opinion, It'll take one week to be back at 100%.

Not the greatest news.

Then again, if Manu played 100 minutes in back-to-back games, Will Sevening would have to of inserted a feeding tube after the game.

boutons
04-11-2005, 02:00 PM
I think Tony is exaggerating about 1 week. But we should Beno and Mike to get quite few minutes this week. I sure hope Beno can right his ship.

SLOVENIAN 8
04-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Really well. Recently, he has the hot hand. He's through a good period. I feel really sorry for him that we ended their eight victories streak. But he is not rancorous since we are currently at the restaurant, with also Rasho and Baron Davis.

:smokin :smokin

stéphane
04-11-2005, 02:05 PM
no problem if i can contribute just a bit :)
it sounded to me like there was some great news from the guys on the IL... i wanted you to know an opinion of a player that may have daily news...
thanks for the help boutons, i didn't want to put an incorrect translation for the muscle so... ;)

Mr. Body
04-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Did he just say he was hanging out with Pietrus, Baron Davis, and Rasho at some restaurant?

stéphane
04-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Did he just say he was hanging out with Pietrus, Baron Davis, and Rasho at some restaurant?

Yeah the interview has been done just after the win while Tony was having dinner with them.

Jimcs50
04-11-2005, 02:09 PM
How is doing Mike Pietrus ?

TP did Pietrus???

Those Frenchman are way too liberal for my tastes.

:)

bigbendbruisebrother
04-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Regarding Tony's exhaustion, Beno has got to pull his head out. He is really getting smoked defensively, and its amazing how crappy his clock awareness has been. If Pop can whip him into shape this week, it may save Tony from getting hurt in the playoffs.

stéphane
04-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Tony, Mike Pietrus and Boris Diaw are kinda the only french at the moment playing in NBA... They are around the same age and are friends from France championship and French national team.
It's good to have a touch with people from your country that do the same job and that face the same difficulties.

Lonestar
04-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Yes, Thanks for that cool post. It's unusual to get much insight into the Spurs via the media. Pop understandably keeps a tight rein on his guys and what they say to the media. TP is probably a little more comfortable with the French press. I just don't see Rasho hanging out with TP and Baron. Good to know!

Summers
04-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Thanks, excellent translation. you even had the color balance correct! :lol :

Here's help, it has two d's in english:

Etymology:New Latin, from Late Latin, conductor, from Latin adductus + -or

1 a : any of three powerful triangular muscles that contribute to the adduction of the human thigh: (1) : one arising from the superior ramus of the pubis and inserted into the middle third of the linea aspera (2) : one arising from the inferior ramus of the pubis and inserted into the iliopectineal line and the upper part of the linea aspera (3) : one arising from the inferior ramus of the pubis and the ischium and inserted behind the first two into the linea aspera b : any of several muscles other than the adductors of the thigh that draw a part toward the median line of the body or toward the axis of an extremity

2 : a muscle that closes the valves of a bivalve shell (as in the oyster and the scallop) or one of a pair of such muscles (as in other mollusks)

=================

For as hard fought as the game was, didn't we all see the smiling and camaraderie several times between opposing players? NBA competitive spirit at its best. Great icing on the 2-0T W cake.

Or "groin". :lol

Thanks for posting!

ZStomp
04-11-2005, 03:06 PM

ShoogarBear
04-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Pretty interesting that after a game like that TP and Baron went out to dinner together. I know some guy (ie.e, MJ) that probably wouldn't want to talk to the opposition after losing that game.

Hope TP made Baron pay!

1Parker1
04-11-2005, 04:21 PM
^^^LOL. That's what I was thinking Shoogar, I didn't realize Tony and Baron were friends.

ALVAREZ6
04-11-2005, 04:36 PM
This is kind of like when Manu invited Carlos Delfino to dinner in San Antonio the night before the game.

Tony is doing the same thing with his fellow frenchmen.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Yeah, that's cool though it shows good sportsmanship, hey i bet MJ wouldn't go out with any of the Mavericks after the loss there, what do you think?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-11-2005, 06:06 PM
He's elevated his game and overshadowed Baron trigger happy Davis

He just tries to stay aggressive until Timmy can get back, just stay aggressive and get his teammates involved and try to get them to be aggressive.

Spurminator
04-11-2005, 06:15 PM
How do you say "Props" en francais?

pigknuckles
04-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Appreciate the insight Stephane. thanks

stéphane
04-11-2005, 06:22 PM
I think Tony is less regarding about what he says to the french press thinking it wouldn't hurt much CIA secrets...
but fellow spurs fan all around the world are spying for infos and sharing them
sorry Tony :p

wildbill2u
04-11-2005, 07:04 PM
How do you say "Props" en francais?

Le Props!

juncan
04-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the translation

picnroll
04-11-2005, 07:21 PM
One of the best parts of TP's game was at the ed of the second OT. Bowen was on Baron and had been burned several times. He asked Pop for one more chance to try to contain Davis who promptly buried a 3 on him. TP then took over D on Davis, played him tight and shut him down the rest of the game.

boutons
04-11-2005, 10:44 PM
"TP then took over D on Davis, played him tight and shut him down the rest of the game"

yep, up to that point Baron was doing a Stevie Francis but more effective, then Parker got on him and he had to pass it off. Fricking amazing game from Tony, just fricking amazing.